Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What price would you consider fair for the upcoming kits?

Comments

• Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    $5
    im guessing they will vary in price depending on the content similar to the sims 3 store in a way but i think they should be 5$ MAX
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    $5
    im guessing they will be priced differently depending on the content on offer similar to the sims 3 store in a way but i think they should be 5$ MAX.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    $3-$4
    I'd say between 2 and 4€. From the little we have seen so far they seem to be pretty small so I definitely would not pay more than 5€. The 3 of them combined could have enough content for a stuff pack (one of the lighter ones) so I hope the total for 3 kits won't exceed 10€.

Perhaps the info we get later today will give us the price. I wonder how much of those kits they will release in the future.
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    $5
    This has obviously playing on my mind as last night I had a dream I was in the boardroom whilst deciding on the price for these and the majority decided on being £25 each and I was so angry I was shouting £75 for 3 kits!!!!! And then I stormed out. And then I woke up. So that was wild, but I’m hoping these kits will be a fifth of that price! :D
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    $3-$4
    I think they will be 5, but I voted 3-4 because essentially it's a stuff pack broken into three parts and less that 5 would be fair if you do the math.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited March 2021
    $3-$4
    My expectation for them is $3.99 or $4.99, or buy a bundle of 3 for the price of a stuff pack. Whether that's fair is another matter though, I haven't bought a lot of the stuff packs already in game as for me they aren't worth the price even when they're on sale for 5 bucks.

At the moment I'm vaguely interested in the kitchen stuff but that's it, if they did do a 3 for $10 I might bundle it at a later stage if any other kits I want come out but otherwise at current they're not gonna be worth it for me unless they're like 2 bucks.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    edited March 2021
    $3-$4
    I have been thinking about it and i think $3 seems reasonable to me because the cas and bb kits dont really seem to offer half an sp's worth of stuff. Could be wrong, of course.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    $3-$4
    CAS and BB $2-3.
    Gameplay $3-4.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    FREE!
    Preferably free cause it will be very very little stuff.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited March 2021
    $5
    $5 is my guess, though I guess if it's a set that interested me I'd go with $6. If it were $10, I'd have to be VERY interest
    ed in the theme and likely wouldn't buy very many. If it's $1 $2 I'd probably buy all but I doubt it would be that low.

Edit: Now that they all released, $5 is fine for me for the Country Kitchen and I've already bought it. No interest in the dust/vacuum one, and I'm passing for now on the retro one since it's all CAS- I may change my mind on that one later. Pretty much what I expected and got what I expected to. Interested to see what comes in the future.
    Post edited by jcp011c2 on
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    $3-$4
    $3 at best. But I'd actually have to really really really really like what's inside, otherwise I wont see any point in buying.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    $3-$4
    Thinking about it, it's stuff pack amount of content split into 3 packs, one CAS one BB one Gameplay. And the leak shows one of each type. So I'm sort of expecting some kind of deal where it's get all 3 together for the price of a stuffpack, or buy individually at an inflated price, which would be anything over $3.50.

Seeing that the three initial ones are so different and don't come together to make a cohesive pack, I'm convinced it's to encourage mix and matching at the individual inflated price.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    $3-$4
    As expected, they cost $5. Which is overpriced if you ask me.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Other
    I think in Euros. I also wonder if there’s a variation in price per kit, but my guess is that none of them will be more than a fiver.

I don’t feel overly excited about the ones that have been “announced”, although depending on the theme and content of the kit I’d be willing to pay between €5 -€7. That could be either Gameplay, CAS or BB. If it’s exactly what I’m looking for I don’t mind spending an extra penny, although I don’t think they should be more than €5 if it contains 1/4 of the content of a €40 EP.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    $1-$2
    I think in Euros. I also wonder if there’s a variation in price per kit, but my guess is that none of them will be more than a fiver.

I don’t feel overly excited about the ones that have been “announced”, although depending on the theme and content of the kit I’d be willing to pay between €5 -€7. That could be either Gameplay, CAS or BB. If it’s exactly what I’m looking for I don’t mind spending an extra penny, although I don’t think they should be more than €5 if it contains 1/4 of the content of a €40 EP.

They don't even contain half the items in an SP, nevermind 1/4 of the content of an EP.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    $3-$4
    @MeowchaFrappe thank you very much for the link. I had not read the article. So far, I still think that $1-2 is fair per kit, since a full stuff pack can be purchased for $4.99 on sale, and each kit seems to contain roughly 1/3 of the content of a normal stuff pack. I seriously doubt that EA will price kits at $1-2, so I will likely be waiting for the few kits that I might be interested in to go on sale or just abstain from purchasing them entirely. But who knows, EA could surprise me tomorrow. :)

Sure thing. And we all have different opinions on what seems fair as far as pricing goes, but I'm glad the link was able to give you a little bit more insight of what to expect though. :)

And I also doubt that they will be only $1-$2 which is why I put $3-$4 but I guess we'll see today what they're going to be sold for.

Not for this particular set of Kits, but something that would likely encourage me to buy Kits, assuming they're going to become a permanent addition would be offering a bundle deal from like $5-$10 ( with the bundle consisting of One Gameplay, One BB, One CAS) and then maybe having them slightly more expensive if you want just one. The higher end of that range is of course more likely, but I'd pay $10 for 3 kits that I actually like the content of.

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited March 2021
    $3-$4
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    Indeed.

Since they are $5 I was expecting the UK price to be the equivalent, at around £3.50. But, nope, £5. That is overpriced for what they are.

I think I am going to wait and see. Possibly buy the dust bust one since it supposedly has new aspirations and gameplay. But where is all the official info? I don't see anything from EA saying about the aspirations etc.

Edit: I see now they are doing something on Twitch in 5 mins... gonna tune in and see what they have to say for themselves.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    $3-$4
    Indeed.

Since they are $5 I was expecting the UK price to be the equivalent, at around £3.50. But, nope, £5. That is overpriced for what they are.

I think I am going to wait and see. Possibly buy the dust bust one since it supposedly has new aspirations and gameplay. But where is all the official info? I don't see anything from EA saying about the aspirations etc.

Yeah i'm also waiting for more info, at least some reviews on the dust system and the aspirations. Bb and cas i think i'll pass this time... I'ld also love to know more about how often will new kits be released...
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited March 2021
    $1-$2
    They are costing £4.99 in the UK. They don't need to use that 99p as they don't need to open the shop till any more these days. It's just a ploy to make them seem cheaper. After buying all the packs to date I won't be buying any of these. This is the first time I believe we are getting real micro transactions in the game.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited March 2021
    One kit costs half of what a stuff pack costs for us here in Sweden, 10% less with EA Play discount.

So the general impression that I am getting is that they took and divided a stuff pack into three kits and now we are paying more for a stuff pack.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    $1-$2
    Indeed.

Edit: I see now they are doing something on Twitch in 5 mins... gonna tune in and see what they have to say for themselves.

SimGuruNinja is going on Twitch at 7pm UK time in a couple of minutes.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    $3-$4
    Alright. I just saw that the kits are indeed $5, which although I do find a bit overpriced, I was expecting.

Maybe it's just because I'm not super interested in these themes?

They should defintely do something about fixing the conversion rate though. :P
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    $5
    The kits are 4.99 as expected. I bought Bust the Dust.
  • Options
    RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    FREE!
    For me, technically "free" because these should have been in stuff packs instead of being kept out and sold back to us piecemeal.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    $1-$2
    It sounds a lot like the Sims 3 store. I have lots of stuff from the Sims 3 store. I didn't buy any of it with money, though. I watched ads. I watched lots and lots of ads for free store points. That said, if these kit packs can be purchased with free points from ads, I'm all for it.

Same... You know they should have just made a Sims 4 store instead of making more pack types.