Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kit Packs: Yay or Nay?

Comments

• Options
    BoyfriendBoyfriend Posts: 19 Member
    Nay!
    It's a solid no for me. I've owned every piece of pc content for this franchise excluding sweet treats, and some ts3 store content, but this is a whole new level. They're not even hiding content splitting at this point. 700USD and counting? I officially give up on the sims. Will Wright would NEVER have done us this much dirt.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Nay!
    Boyfriend wrote: »
    It's a solid no for me. I've owned every piece of pc content for this franchise excluding sweet treats, and some ts3 store content, but this is a whole new level. They're not even hiding content splitting at this point. 700USD and counting? I officially give up on the sims. Will Wright would NEVER have done us this much dirt.
    $790 and counting.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Yay!
    I see little difference between these and other content packs, except for size. There are two important things to consider, however.

1) The more user-made content is made offered, the more time EA has to work on bugs and game mechanics!
    2) You can still choose to purchase something or not. Just as I didn't get Eco Lifestyle, I'm sure there will be Kits I don't get and some I will.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Nay!
    Interesting the reaction on a fan site is pretty similar of being mixed like here:
    https://simscommunity.info/2021/02/25/the-sims-4-is-launching-a-new-pack-type-kits/
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    Depends on the price.
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I thank everyone for their contributions. Theoretically, we should know a lot more about Kit Packs tomorrow, but as we have learned more my opinion has already started changing a bit due to the new organization of Kit Packs.

To be quite honest, it makes me skittish. At first I was somewhat relieved that it was still a pack and had assumed it would get its own shelf on the pack tab (maybe a new tab in the library). Instead, they seem to be disassociating themselves with the pack part and focusing on the "Kit" part by giving it it's own game tab away from the usual packs.

Now this may be reading into things, but I think this and the debut packs show how few rules kits will follow. The content could be anything, like a Sims 3 Store bundle. Plus, because they are "Kits" and not traditional packs, I now suspect they are going to buck the unified pricing. It is possible that it will not be immediately, but I heavily expect some sort of dynamic content pricing. They have gone through a lot of effort it seems to paint a picture with the organization: new thing, new rules.

something tells me the packs will be priced differently depending on what they have like the sims 3 store. i just hope they dont make it as absurdly expensive that's all cuz i genuinely like the idea. i would love to see them introduce world kits as well i think that has alot of potential in working
  • Options
    DragonmasterleoDragonmasterleo Posts: 294 Member
    Depends on the content.

@Calico45 It's yea or nay, not yay or nay
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Depends on the price.

I don't think so. (Yea is yes for voting, but yay is an expression of excitement.)
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    Depends on the price.
    5USD is too much so I'll wait until they go on sale but they seem less necessary than packs so ok
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    ‎‎nay
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited March 2021
    I just bought the kit, to be specific, the vacuum kit. :o
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Depends on the content.
    I am beginning to like the idea of kit pack more and more. Especially if they are used to provide more content to previous packages. I would love to have smaller telescopes, more paintings for sims to paint, kids and toddler clothing and toy packs. I like this idea better than sims stores.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Depends on the content.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I mean, the comparison isn't quite Apples to Apples, but I've spent $12US on a single hairstyle for use in Daz Studio. Yes, it's for art rather than a game, has higher quality textures, higher poly mesh, and includes morphs - but on a straight quantity count, I've spent more for far less.

So it all will depend on if I want the content and if I think there's enough in quantity, quality, and usability to justify my spending whatever the price ultimately is.

For example, I don't care how cute the Dust Bunnies are, I'm not getting the Bust the Dust pack, because I don't care to add vacuuming to my game. Even if it's the best darn vacuuming gameplay ever because Bust the Dust fails on Usability for me. Other people are more likely to find it useful, and more power to them and may they enjoy every sim day of it.

I totally agree, There is some robo vacuum cleaner somewhere in the game, I've installed it once in a science lab but never really played it. My Sims can keep doing their own cleaning.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Depends on the price.
    Well plum my Bob and snaggle my fluster!

£4.99! On yer bike, mate!
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Depends on the content.
    xamira99 wrote: »

@xamira99 does it comes with the aspirations?
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Nay!
    For me the price point for the two packs without added mecanics would be < $2.5 to be interested. The dust mechanic is an actual added mechanic so maybe $2,90 objectively. I am not interested in any of the packs, it's just what I deem them worth.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2021
  • Options
    RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    Nay!
    They're just microtransactions that EA tried to disguise with a cute name. Don't fall for this people!!!
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Ok, so now that we know more, i think the gameplay ones might be fine with me. I think i wont be buying this dusting kit though, because i only want the aspirations but probably would never use the dust mechanic again after i complete them lol.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited March 2021
    Nay!
    In TS5, we will get a fifth pack type and ppl will be fine with it if they gonna support this balloney.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    xamira99 wrote: »

@xamira99 does it comes with the aspirations?

Yes! 2 Aspirations! We can also name the dust bunny! The maid will also come with a vacuum! BTW, we can toggle the dust too!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    DragonmasterleoDragonmasterleo Posts: 294 Member
    Depends on the content.
    Calico45 wrote: »

I don't think so. (Yea is yes for voting, but yay is an expression of excitement.)

this is a poll, so it is voting. even if it is an expression of excitment/dissapointment, it would still be wrong (yay! or oh no...)
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited March 2021
    Depends on the content.
    It depends on the content, honestly. If it's gameplay stuff then sure. But if it's more stuff like what we got in these three "packs" (a bunch of said "stuff" just being recolors) then BIG NAY! Put more effort into the content. Give me a reason to buy this stuff instead of just downloading more CC.
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Microtransactions is the future and the present whether we like it or not unfortunately, the old way to playing games is probably officially dead like arcade games, you mark my words this is what the sims 5 will be like 😂

And if that (and the other rumors I've heard) is the future of the sims, then I am perfectly fine with stopping at 4.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Nay!
    $5 is way too expensive for a bunch of ugly clothes, some kitchen counters, and vacuums. No thanks.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Nay!
    It's disappointing that they are a flat rate of 5 bucks. They seem a little light in content and I thought that they might vary in price based on what's included. It doesn't seem like there's much content for the price they're charging.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Depends on the content.
    Now after the live stream I'd say that Bust the Dust seems worth the price to me, but the rest I will pass.