Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What price would you consider fair for the upcoming kits?

GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member
We will get more information about kits tomorrow, meanwhile which of these prices would you consider "fair" (good balance of content-price) assuming they all cost the same?

ETA: $5 is the confirmed price for each of these kits (regardless of their content).
Post edited by Genkider on

What price would you consider fair for the upcoming kits? 151 votes

$1-$2
11%
crocobauraIsb917Simburiandrake_mccartyTorieSk8rblazeDaravibixtersFelicity1169Briana2425FanPhoriaSeashoreLiviaPreCiiousSimmerGeorgedearie_blossomEvilinPinkEternalSunshineVeeDub 18 votes
$3-$4
37%
IcewolfSamadamsPlayersims2freak737TWSimGamer82JueJueelanorbretonLadyDecafBluelleBearly_Mediaashcrash19HarukotyanEmmaVanemrkingvAPottsannaliese39BatmanFanGirlGabe_ozSimmerMarsSummerStreakDoloresGrey 57 votes
$5
29%
auroraael14jessbates88Kita5399Sara1010Pbandit5alan650111Colorist40TheSpotted_Ccchant86rosehrtgirlPinkSugar81greydonnSimplyJenKatiardguezbevillesimmietimeMissElphebaGlimmer50ClassicalSimjcp011c2 44 votes
More than $5
1%
Colton147147MHsimsFan 2 votes
FREE!
13%
GRIMMYSirenLuminosJoppikstaydevphantasmkissRifftraxRulesLaruhellsnoepjes1210WaytoomanyUIDscatmando830Wintermist_SWEScobreTriplisStrawberryYogurtJojenjohnjetSERVERFRAJC1979Tantaluslexibee 20 votes
Other
6%
BlkBarbiegalmcruddAnmirlasimgirl1010CAPTAIN_NXR7LiELFDrakosNikkihDaepheneSimmingal 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    $5
    It does depend, but if it is really half an SP, then half the SP price is fair. However, I have been starting to expect varied prices. If they were going to follow the old pack formula of set amount/scope for set price, I do not think they would have taken all the effort to distinguish kits from other packs. I think if it was simply going to be another pack type, it would get a shelf on the start menu pack page and they would call it a day.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited March 2021
    free would be ideal but knowing ea it will have a price, so i'd say $1 is enough after all the milking ts4 has gone through
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    $3-$4
    @Calico45 The items for each kit were already found in the game files, if you are interested in knowing what each one contains. They have been posted in one of the threads here about the kits.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited March 2021
    $5
    I hope it’s $4.99 since it’s half a stuff pack. I didn’t know it wouldn’t have a place on the menu. I think they may bring out 3 sets at a time or closely together, one CAS, one build buy, and one with a new function, I hope so, I want to see blenders and a lot more small appliances. I also wouldn’t mind seeing some new pets in kits...... I still want more types of pets, or in stuff packs. I’d like to see some goth clothes, some children and toddler clothes, some men’s clothes. I don’t use CC, so I’m excited about the packs. And I think new hairstyles and jewelry in CAS packs would be great too.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    $1.69-2.48 for gameplay stuff
    $1-2 for BB
    Less than a dollar for CAS
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Other
    $2-3 for CAS
    $4-5 for BB
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    $3-$4
    It kinda varies depending on what's in the pack, but $3 to $4 is probably what I'd consider "right"

However, I'm expecting $4.99 to be the actual price (if they don't have variable pricing.)
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited March 2021
    Other
    I am not quite sure cause ours is in Nz dollars. Expansion packs are $50, Game packs are $30 and stuff packs are $15. So I guess it would be $10 for ours.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Other
    I think it could vary in price depending what's in it and how much is in it, definitely not more than £5
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited March 2021
    $5
    Mareah wrote: »
    @Calico45 The items for each kit were already found in the game files, if you are interested in knowing what each one contains. They have been posted in one of the threads here about the kits.

Thank you. I saw. I believe it is reliable info, but I do want to hear the announcements first and look over the postings myself before I weigh the value. (The dust kit versus country kitchen kit for example. I guess they are each half an SP in one being the gameplay and the other being the stuff, but if that equates to half value yet, I am not sure. Personally, a CAS pack like the throwback kit feels less valuable than half an SP.) I do not think I could support kits for over $5, assuming unified pricing.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    $3-$4
    I'm expecting the Kits to be about $5, but at least for the ones that have been announced, I wouldn't pay more than $3-$4 since I'm not super into the themes. And even then, I'll probably wait and see if I can get them for half-off.

Could future ones be more worth it and closer to the $5. Yes. But to me, I think $3-$4 is fair for these kits.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    $1-$2
    I'm still not sure about how I feel about the kits in general, but based on the content shown in the leaked photographs, I would not pay more than $1-2 for a kit.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Other
    I would pay $3-5 for the gameplay ones... but wouldn't pay $3 for just BB or CAS unless it was one of my favorite themes ever.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    $3-$4
    @EternalSunshine I'm not sure if you've seen the article yet or not. But an overview of all the items in the kits has now been leaked. https://simscommunity.info/2021/02/28/full-list-of-items-coming-with-the-upcoming-the-sims-4-kits/
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    $5
    I think $5 is fine, but I've looked at all 3 kits, and I see absolutely nothing there that I would want
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Other
    $5 or less. Still better pricing than sims 3 store for single items. Hopefully.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    $1-$2
    1$-2$ for the gameplay stuff. The kitchen and CAS for free because we already have similar stuff in game.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    $1-$2

@MeowchaFrappe thank you very much for the link. I had not read the article. So far, I still think that $1-2 is fair per kit, since a full stuff pack can be purchased for $4.99 on sale, and each kit seems to contain roughly 1/3 of the content of a normal stuff pack. I seriously doubt that EA will price kits at $1-2, so I will likely be waiting for the few kits that I might be interested in to go on sale or just abstain from purchasing them entirely. But who knows, EA could surprise me tomorrow. :)
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited March 2021
    $3-$4
    The latest stuff packs are so complete and they're worth 10€, so for those bits of content, as they call them, i would pay: 2 or 3€ for cas and bb kits and 4 or 5€ for the gameplay kits (considering that the one we already know comes with a new system - dust - new animations and new aspirations).
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    FREE!
    It sounds a lot like the Sims 3 store. I have lots of stuff from the Sims 3 store. I didn't buy any of it with money, though. I watched ads. I watched lots and lots of ads for free store points. That said, if these kit packs can be purchased with free points from ads, I'm all for it.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited March 2021
    Other
    i mean free would be awesome and i would immediately hate the idea much less :lol:
    but i dont think ea is that sweet
    1-5 € i find somewhat understandable

more than 5€?
    nah

because I feel 5 is already bit much due to 2 of these joined not really making stuff pack of reasonable size and well that would be my expectation if you ask me 5 that its at least half a stuff pack of content

aaand for stuff pack expectation really is the recent stuff packs not luxury party stuff that could very well be kit
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    More than $5
    $60.

Body is 2 characters too short.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    $5
    It will still depend on the content, but 5 dollars would seem fair to me.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    $3-$4
    telmarina wrote: »
    The latest stuff packs are so complete and they're worth 10€, so for those bits of content, as they call them, i would pay: 2 or 3€ for cas and bb kits and 4 or 5€ for the gameplay kits (considering that the one we already know comes with a new system - dust - new animations and new aspirations).
    This about sums it up. It's a torn apart stuff pack, so about 3,50 would be fair. That extra 51 cents allows for it being a little more than one stuff pack, or all the extra renders this needs.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they went for 5 though, especially since so many here seem to think that's reasonable? 15 for three kits mean putting it on par with a game pack on sale...
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    $3-$4
    telmarina wrote: »
    This :😃