Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Beginning With Legacies - New Reading Circle

Comments

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    Chapter Two is up!!
    Chapter Three published.
    This brings me very nearly in line with where I am in the game.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    iget to play and write today. i'll read tommorrow cause mom is supposed to come today. with food.
    Awesome friendsfan. We're in a lockdown here, so I get to play and maybe write some more today too. I also get to spend some time with my Mum, who is working from home. Happy Simming.
  • CreeativeSimmingCreeativeSimming Posts: 62 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    Chapter Three published.
    This brings me very nearly in line with where I am in the game.

Oooh, good chapter! I'm interested to see where things go. c:
    Check out my Simlit: Little Legacy

Banner_small.png

Forum Thread
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Not officially in yet, but will be doing chapter comments tonight on all stories listed. These are all really fun Legacies so far.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    Thank you (for reading) @CreeativeSimming.
    I'm sure CathyTea will be in at some stage to update. In the meantime, when I am caught up on her legacy and JamesSims, I will begin reading the others of people who are in this thread. Your signatures look intriguing.
    I'm still catching up on the pre-established stories, but I keep getting inspired between reads that I have to go write a few paragraphs myself before I forget what I was thinking. I'm still trying to figure out how I want to write everything out, so I may end up backtracking at some point and re-editing earlier chapters. It's been a hot minute since I've wrote any sort of simlit (or anything really for that matter), so I'm experiencing some growing pains.

Banner_small.png

Forum Thread
    edited March 2021
    I'm going to go ahead and start my own comments about the Legacies posted for the Circle. As more join, the more I'll add. I'm reading a lot of SimLit lately, but these Legacies will be my priority for now.

Here is the first batch of comments:

@JamesSims528 - Beatrice's Legacy
    Chapters 1 - 5
    I find it cool that you're using what I am assuming a spare in a previous story/gameplay. Am I correct? "Beatrice is one of the sims in the fifth generation of my Legacy Challenge." In my #BuildNewcrest Challenge: Simself Legacy Edition, I did that with one of my Generation 2 spares. I created a Side Story about them going to StrangerVille. It was a short story, about 8 chapters. Basically it was me playing out the in-game mystery about StrangerVille. Was real fun.

Also, telling it from the point of view of Beatrice is a good touch. A lot of stories tell stories with narrative and then from the characters. I enjoy that Beatrice is telling the story.

- That's amazing. Seven months in a long distance relationship, per say, just made them stronger as a couple. I'm really happy for Beatrice and Cayden.
    - I was hoping Beatrice would have held out until the New Year. NY babies would have been cute, but I understand not wanting to wait. I am one year and one day younger than my brother. The doctor told my mom that if she could hold me in for another few hours, I would be born the same day as my brother, just a year apart. Obviously that didn't happen. :grimace: Cayden is such a great fiance and Meghan is a really nice midwife and friend.
    - Poor Cayden is worked to the bone. I haven't had the fire(wo)men visit in any of my saves. I kind of want to start a fire just so I can have them come over. :lol: Cayden did need a mini vacation and glad that Beatrice saw that. Looking forward to what Granite Falls has in store for the two.
    - You did a wonderful job with the pictures chapter. The story told itself. It looks like they made some new friends. I have chapter similar to this in my Plain ol' Legacy. It's my founder's wedding. There's really no need for words for certain chapters, as you just proved.
    - And another picture chapter. And another friend. I really like Granite Falls, personally. I wish I could make a Sim move there.

@friendsfan367 - The Benders
    Chapters 1 - 3
    I really like how you're putting a lot of emotion into the Benders as well as telling the chapters with the point of view of each different character.

- Scarecrows are suppose to scare birds, not people/Sims. :grimace:
    - Poor Noel and Lauren. Trust can be tricky. Hoping if they can't be a couple, they can still be friends.
    - Is Senji Lauren's new bae (boyfriend)?

@CathyTea - Another Legacy
    Chapters 1 - 5
    I've always been a fan of your work. So when you started this latest one, there was no doubt that I would set time aside and start reading it. I'm already halfway if not more through reading, but decided to start fresh again for this Reading Circle.

- "What if I treated the blog as a combination of writer’s journal, game-play notes, and storytelling?" That there is something I see as drawing people into reading this. You are a talented writer, but anyone who would do a legacy like that would draw me in. I really like how you stuck with Case's game-driven CAS look even when you had your doubts. To me, his looks and attire were meant to happen. Deep inside, your brain clicked and actually knew what do with it. His appearance fit perfectly into the world you didn't know would start. Again, it was meant to be. You portrayed Elsa perfectly. Why, why, why? :grimace:
    - With the quickness in weather change in the game, I like how you used real life experiences to come to a decision on a timeline for how you want days to work for you in your blog/story. I've never had the climate change that you, and Case, go through with the smog to clear blue skies type of weather. I've driven and seen the difference in the past, but never really lived it.
    - The way you keep going back to knowing but not knowing about the Sims Case encounters makes me laugh and think it's clever at the same time. Because Case doesn't know. How could he, unless the Sim actually said or did something to show otherwise. I miss bike riding. This chapter kind of inspires me to dust off my bike when winter ends and do some biking for the spring and summer seasons.
    - I love the "speak to the hand" type gesture. I know that's not what is meant in this, but I still crack up at it. I'm glad Case is sticking up for his beliefs, game-wise and story-wise. It is hard to say what you want to say when ganged up on. Thinking Case made the right choice to walk away, even if he had to say that one word... :lol:
    - Whomever is designing these pre-made Sims have taste. I've seen both male and female that I found...adorable? I'm straight, but that doesn't mean I can't say a guy is hot looking. :blush: That doesn't mean I'm into him. I just think he's good looking. No shame in that. I did when I saw Brent Hecking from the Cats & Dogs pack. And there's been more since then. But I also see some beautiful and hot female Sims that are premade.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited March 2021
    josesph. yes he is. already after 10 here so your real name was faster to type. i planned to play and write today but ui cheats has a issue . it doesn't affect my play but my game is freezing so tommorow.i hope to play and write.
    josesph. yes he is. already after 10 here so your real name was faster to type. i planned to play and write today but ui cheats has a issue . it doesn't affect my play but my game is freezing so tommorow.i hope to play and write.

You can call me whatever you like....within reason. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member
    edited March 2021
    I've just published 1.24, Disaster Strikes, here's the link for the new chapter: https://jamessimsstories.wordpress.com/2021/02/26/1-23-family/.

Hope you enjoy it (if that's possible), and I'll looking forward to any comments or feedback.
    The disaster's finally arrived... :cry:
    Post edited by JamesSims528 on
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Hi, all! I sort of disappeared for a few days without even realizing I was doing so! I had to process some recent realizations. I'm going through a significant life transition, having just retired from a full-time job I had for over twenty years, and it's definitely a process!

Anyway, all of you who asked to join, you're in! And we're now full!

I plan to update our list of members and story links this afternoon.

I'll also share a few conversation questions, too, of things I've been thinking of and would love to hear your thoughts on.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Hi, all! I sort of disappeared for a few days without even realizing I was doing so! I had to process some recent realizations. I'm going through a significant life transition, having just retired from a full-time job I had for over twenty years, and it's definitely a process!

Anyway, all of you who asked to join, you're in! And we're now full!

I plan to update our list of members and story links this afternoon.

I'll also share a few conversation questions, too, of things I've been thinking of and would love to hear your thoughts on.

@CathyTea Hello! Rl happens, don't worry :smile:.

Welcome to all the new members👋!

is it weird that your one of my favorite people even when you make faces at me?

is it weird that your one of my favorite people even when you make faces at me?

You're one of my faves too, @friendsfan367 ! I like our funniness that we do back and forth. It always makes my day.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited March 2021
    Chapter Four of Thornes and Roses out. Chapter Four

Hoping to make some tweaks, like chapter titles etc. Feedback appreciated.
    Meanwhile I am still reading about Beatrice (Cayden and the kids) and Case (and Ira). Have commented on the blogs.
    Happy Simming All!
    I've just published 1.24, Disaster Strikes, here's the link for the new chapter: https://couchpotatopotato123.wordpress.com/2021/02/26/1-23-family/.

Hope you enjoy it (if that's possible), and I'll looking forward to any comments or feedback.
    The disaster's finally arrived... :cry:

Just caught up.
    Oh No. Last and only time I had something like that happen in my story I was nearly devastated, even if they are just pixelated characters in a game... virtual hug?

I'm slowly catching up with all your legacies, but I need a break to let my heart ache some after finishing the most recent chapter in Beatrice's Legacy. You got me tearing up there @JamesSims528

Banner_small.png

Forum Thread
    edited March 2021
    My founder's children just aged up to teenagers. I'll be having an heir(ess) poll in the next week. You'll get an overview of Generation 1 with them. This gives you a chance to get an idea about my gameplay blog. It's not really a storytelling. I'll be creating a polling thread on these forums as well as a poll on my site, so followers/readers could potentially vote twice if they wanted to.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • NoWindowsNoWindows Posts: 162 Member
    Yay, I'm in! I've never been in a reading circle before, but I bet this'll be fun!
    Call me AC1. It won't let me change my name!

Read Watercolor Whimsy here!
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    @CreeativeSimming
    I had been reading your legacy. I like the "news" parts, as they made me chuckle.

I appreciate it, I've been having fun with it too. It's the best way I came up with to show off the shenanigans of the NPCs.

Banner_small.png

Forum Thread
  • NoWindowsNoWindows Posts: 162 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    @NoWindows
    Your story is a fun read. And San Myshuno is one of my favorite worlds.
    Yaaay, a compliment! Yeah, I realized I hadn't really played there enough, so I decided to go ahead and rectify that, and both me and Stela are having a lot of fun!
    Call me AC1. It won't let me change my name!

Read Watercolor Whimsy here!
    I really wish San Mushuno had more non-apartment lots to live on. Though I suppose i could just strip away some of the exisiting lots. But I certainly enjoy everything the city has to offer, I just don't use apartments enough.

Banner_small.png

Forum Thread