Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What life stage do you want improved the most?

Comments

• Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    Teen
    Or at least, give us a pre-teen life stage. I'd like my teens to actually look like a teen, instead of someone that's passed the age of 20 with several years.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    Teen
    Teens , following by children.

Elders and adults could at least have aspirations what are only for their age group.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Child
    A lot of activities are only for teen-elders, like riding bikes, magic... and i think children should at least have either the adult skills or the aspirations...
  • Options
    MarieLove5MarieLove5 Posts: 5 New Member
    Baby
    Babies for sure! It's been 8 (?) years since the release of the game and they are still just objects glued to the crib lol. And teens go after that; it would really be nice to make them differ from the YA more.
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited February 2021
    All life stages except YA and perhaps toddlers could do with some work. But elders need the most work IMO, apart from anything else its ridiculous its almost impossible for them to build fitness, what with getting exhausted walking across the room.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Teen
    It wasn't an easy choice, but I lean toward teens just slightly over elders. In both cases, I wish they were more distinct from the adult stages both visually and in gameplay.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Teen
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Teen
    Let me preface by saying this is all my personal opinion. I definitely think improvements could be made to the teen stage. Not only in physical appearance but in gameplay. I think teens should be smaller, have acne, braces etc. They also need to add more drama, different school experiences from children etc.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Baby
    I think the Babies need more Luv then the rest of the life-stages, :)
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Elder
    Sims are elders for a long time. I have seen quite a few comments from people whose elders won't die, why won't they die, they need room in the house for more interesting Sims!

Maybe we need more interesting Elders.

Most definitely this. ^^^

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Teen
    Every age really, except YA/Adult
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Baby

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they’ll update babies this year.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Child
    I voted Child, but honestly, it isn't that simple. I'd like to see more for children and teens to do, shorter heights for teens, and a lot of other things. Babies, I'm not so concerned with. Nor toddlers. I think they're alright as-is. I grow tired of rabbit-hole activities.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Child
    Teens dont even rebel or anything in the game which is dissapointing. Parenthood didnt really add anything to any lifestage specifically, it just added a general raising system but not features like rebellious teens for example. The most u can probably rebel as a sim is shouting ''bad'' words...

Your avatar picture of the kitties is sooo cute. It touches my heart.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Teen
    About a year ago, I think, there was an official poll that asked which life stage we would like more content for. Teens weren’t among the options to vote for. I had hoped that meant there was already a teen pack in the works, and every time they announce a pack, I’m disappointed that’s not what it is. It’s taking a long time... like everything else in this series.

If it turns out that they release a pack where the teens look more like teens, act and feel like teens, with unique aspirations (where the first step isn’t “Become a Young Adult”), with activities exclusive to them and distinctive “memories” to look back on, then I suppose it will be worth the wait. I wish I had more confidence that this all isn’t a pipe dream, but I’m afraid it is.

The only life stages that don’t need work, IMO are YA and toddler.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited March 2021
    Baby
    I want real babies most. I don’t like them being objects. I want to be able to put them in snugglies, a stroller or on the couch and be able to sit and nurse them, I would like to see more things for children toddlers and teens too. Children need bikes. Need to be able to play together without toys ( tag, hide and seek etc. ) I would love to see them be able to throw a baseball to each other (catch with a mitt ) and with their parents, play hopscotch 4 square, and have more play ground stuff. I’d like to see them skateboard around the neighborhood. Teens.... I’d love to be able to see them be able to go to high school, struggle with exams, go to proms, have clothes appropriate to them, learn to drive a car, Have competitions between high schools, sports teams, clubs etc. I already use clubs somewhat this way, but high school is so important to teens. They should also be able to skateboard around the neighborhood snd community lots, even be able to do tricks on them ( kind of like the dog thing you can set up in cats and dogs). Toddlers need trikes, ride on toys and push toys. I’d also like to see my toddlers carrying around dolls, and stuffed toys. I’d love to see a Volleyball game for my families to play too. Elders need more things to do too bingo, shuffle board, golfing, and I would love to see a lot type for seniors where they can hang out together, like a senior center where they can play games have potlucks have dances, things like that. Also there should be special activities to do with their grand children like making crafts together. I would also like to see a seeing machine too with patters and things. One reason I want farming is for my older generation.
    Oh, and also funerals and graveyards.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    JanlJanl Posts: 21 Member
    Toddler
    Oops, I meant babies.
  • Options
    NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    Teen
    I would like teenagers to be improved upon. I don't like that they're the same height as young adults, and that they don't have their own aspirations or skills. I am playing a 100 baby challenge at the moment, and all the younger life stages have goals. I always age up the babies to toddlers, and call my toddlers babies. Once they master potty training, they become toddlers in my eyes. The toddlers have skills that they max. The children have their own aspirations, and their own skills. Even though I don't max the child skills, I finish their aspiration, have them get straight A's, then age them to teenager.
    Then *crickets.* The only useful thing I've done with teenagers is have them get a part-time job to help the matriarch out since she's not allowed to get a job where she leaves the lot. For the most part I just let the teenager be autonomous once they've gotten straight A's. I only pay attention to them again when the teenager's younger sibling is ready to be aged up, and then they get aged up as well. I like having a staggering age progression in my 100 baby house. There's one sim at each life stage, so I can experience playing with different life stages, with the exception of children, if some toddlers are maxing their skills and there's a new baby.
  • Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Teen
    I'm fine with teens as they are appearance-wise, but they need more things that are specific to their age group. I'd love to see more after school activities for them, party types that are only for them (prom, school dance etc) and school projects that are only for them. I'd love to see them have to write a paper, get ready for a sports game or a band competition, have teen-specific moodlets for first dates (happy, embarrassed) and even see them react if they have acne on their face and you have them look in the mirror.

And as @calaprfy said, I never see them just walking around the neighborhoods unless they're mine or I specifically give a lot the Teen Hangout trait. I'm lucky if my sim meets 1 new person during the many hours I have them making friends at school. We need to see them more.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Child
    This was really tough because I personally think that several of them need more focus with things relevant to that age group.

But in the end, I went with kids. I really want more things for them do, why did they never let them ride bikes? I don't know very many kids who don't own bikes.

Playing physical activites, instead of just video games.... tag, hopscotch, pillow fights, hide-n-seek, kickball, etc.

How come kids can't walk their dogs? I see kids in my neighbhorhood walking dogs all the time.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Baby
    Free our babies <3
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Elder
    We have never seen a real focus on Elders. I believe there are some stereotypes to be challenged, and a lot of innovative game-play possible, in a potential Elders game pack.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Child
    Children are pretty limited on some basic things that they probably should be able to do. Basic magic spells (for example), ride bikes, water the garden, cook some basic recipes... I would love if they went back to base game and some of the packs that added things that only teens and up can do and updated the child friendly activities to actually include the children.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Elder
    Elders need more like old fashioned but usable cas content (BB content is covered lol) and maybe a custom walk style or two. They could also get reward traits depending on how their life was. (Like 'Had a Happy Life')