Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruFrost possible hint

12346...Next

Comments

• ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    Okay, I was playing today and if they really are doing something new with food, I hope they also tweak the time it takes you to eat the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 stuff. There's no reason it should take my Sim an hour to eat a plate of food. There's absolutely no reason it should take three hours to eat a grilled cheese sandwich, just because other Sims are around and interactions that aren't even in the queue yet are interrupting everything your Sim does. It shouldn't ruin your life just to have pets in the house, and now that Guidry turns up and wants to constantly make out I can't even avoid people. I'm sick of getting nothing done in a day because eating food takes three times longer than cooking it.

Devs, please.
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    Salad with cheese dressing 🤔
    France...?

Caesar Salad? Parmesan? Maybe Italian?

I'd love France or Italy. Caesar Salad is actually a Mexican dish though, but most people associate it with Italian food. I'm full of random, useless trivia. I apologize.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    Salad with cheese dressing 🤔
    France...?

Caesar Salad? Parmesan? Maybe Italian?

I'd love France or Italy. Caesar Salad is actually a Mexican dish though, but most people associate it with Italian food. I'm full of random, useless trivia. I apologize.

Thank you for teaching me! I learnt something today :smiley: I think it's because of the whole Caesar being a Roman emperor thing...
  • AndremiAndremi Posts: 71 Member
    Have you guys considered it might be a hint that favourite foods are returning? Perhaps its a hint that more personality based CAS is returning for the anniversary?
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Andremi wrote: »
    Have you guys considered it might be a hint that favourite foods are returning? Perhaps its a hint that more personality based CAS is returning for the anniversary?

I do not like speculating that much but seeing SimGuruFrost posts, yes, I was immediately thinking "favorites" (if anything at all). I think it's too far fetched to connect them to some sort of future EP. Just having favorites back would be nice but even for this I wouldn't get my hopes high.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2021
    That's a personal preference because I want my sims to eat much much slower. I had a mod for it but the creator retired and I have been searching endlessly. It only takes them that long to eat because of how fast time moves. Unless you want them to finish the food in one bite it's impossible for them to eat in less than an hour. The clock is speeding.

They have cheats if you are not a mod user and mods if you are a mod user to slow down time. They also have mods for faster eating.
    But please. I love family dinners. I do NOT want to see my sims sit around the table, take one bite and get up and leave. ☹ no nerfing of the food bites devs 🙏🙏🙏

It's not an eating issue it's a clock issue. I used mcc command to slow down time years ago. Now my sims does everything the want and need to in a day.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It would be nice if I could be more specific about what one Sim does while my other Sim is out doing stuff.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Chaton wrote: »
    I noticed that as well. I don't think Sim Guru Frost does random tweets, it's always info about the game/collaborations, or hints. I wonder if all the tweets about food these past few months (gurus posting recipes/poll about food quite often) were hints, after all ? Are we getting a cooking pack or something ? I don't have a huge interest in that, but I'm curious.

Goodness gracious... if this turns out to be true I will be very disappointed but not surprised.

The cooking system in ts4 is already great. The best in any iteration really and if they are developing ts5 they need to take all of the cooking events from ts4 and put them in the new game.

We don’t need a cooking pack though.
    p6tqefj
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Reedfish wrote: »
    Okay, I was playing today and if they really are doing something new with food, I hope they also tweak the time it takes you to eat the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ stuff. There's no reason it should take my Sim an hour to eat a plate of food. There's absolutely no reason it should take three hours to eat a grilled cheese sandwich, just because other Sims are around and interactions that aren't even in the queue yet are interrupting everything your Sim does. It shouldn't ruin your life just to have pets in the house, and now that Guidry turns up and wants to constantly make out I can't even avoid people. I'm sick of getting nothing done in a day because eating food takes three times longer than cooking it.

Devs, please.

If I remember correctly, there were complaints in The Sims 3 that sims ate so fast they had no time to really sit and talk with family. So, eating times were increased in this game to help avoid that.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    @iceyj @Babykittyjade

Clearly this isn't a simple issue - I get that it's a weird thing between the in-game clock and the animations, but those things can be fiddled with. When my Sim goes to sleep, I don't expect them to sleep for 8 actual real hours. And for some situations, like sitting down for a grand meal, I think it's very appropriate for that to last 1-2 hours, but like I say, when my Sim is sat completely alone in her house (except for dogs), I don't understand why it takes her an hour to eat a 'quick' bowl of cereal, nevermind 3 hours for a grilled cheese sandwich. I wouldn't want any meal to be finished in one bite, but I think having less time between bites, tweaked for different kinds of food and meals, would honestly make sense. I get that it's a personal preference though.

Really, I would like to have different types of eating, like 'savour food' or 'wolf it down', the way you can take different kinds of showers that take different amounts of time, with different effects. But that seems like a lot to ask for. But if they are making a food pack, that's about enjoying and appreciating food more, it might make sense to have something like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited February 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    I really hope not for self-care pack because I do not care about any of that for my sims. I never take them to the spas either, hardly remember to place them.

Good for those people who care about this stuff, though.

I would be very happy if it was a generations styled pack.
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(