Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some small and fun little details about the sims 4 that are not in the sims 2&3

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    23 sims have labor longer when they have babies
    24 you can make aliens in cas
    25 kids can make a mess
    26 teens can have mood swings
    27kids can use the hot tub
    28 kids can snow board
    29 sims can knit
    30 sims can like or dislike movies
    31 sims can sing holiday songs
    32 sims can mountain climb
    33 sims can be a vet
    34 sims can run a restaurant
    35sims can hit another sims face with a soccer ball
    36 sims and there kids can play dolls together
    37 sims can live off the grid
    38 sims can play with dolphins
    39 sims can marry santa
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    edited February 2021

You could make Aliens with a Cheat in the Sims 3?

26. That i am for sure came also with the Sims 3 Generations...

36. The Sims could play together with the dollhouse too in the sims3?

34. They can also run restaurant in the sims 2

Since Teenage Sims can have moodswings in Generations i say

39. Toodlers can go independently in their beds.
    PreCiious wrote: »

yes but it was for one day and it didn't change there mood 26

34 I pretty sure they can't I have all the packs for the sims 2 they can run stores though

no you couldn't make aliens with a cheat you can with a mod in sims 3

36 adults can play dolls with there kids is what I meant
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    edited February 2021

34 I pretty sure they can't I have all the packs for the sims 2 they can run stores though

Yes, sims can run restaurants ( vanilla ) in TS2 , OFB made that happen. In my current game I have a sim what runs/owns 3 of those.

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member

Yes, sims can run restaurants ( vanilla ) in TS2 , OFB made that happen. In my current game I have a sim what runs/owns 3 of those.

That's correct. I owned a restaurant when I used to play religiously.
    “The Sims 2: Open for Business is an expansion pack that enables your Sims to run their own business. Your Sims can purchase community lots to start the business, which can be a shop, arcade, gym or even a restaurant. Running a restaurant can be one of the trickier business in The Sims 2: Open for Business because it requires a minimum of three employees and constant attention to run it properly.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I'm not sure if these are mentioned:

37 But Kids putting on Puppet Shows for Each Other

38 Group School Projects

Maybe 39 Birth Certificates? I love these but not sure if they were in earlier versions, I can't remember now.

40. Roombas

edited February 2021
    41. Mice (when you place the mousehole in your home you'll get a mouse infestation)
    42. Conserationist Career (my fav haha)
    43. Detective Career (my other fav)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    edited February 2021
    44. Teens can live on their own. (I hope I got the number correct. LOL) Corrected my number, once I got to page two.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited February 2021
    45. Sims can mentor other sims in certain skills if they have reached level 10 in them (also I think you have to purchase the mentoring reward from the satisfaction rewards catalog), and with knitting you don't even need to have maxed the skill to mentor.
    Post edited by RememberJoy on
  • GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member
    46. When two sims marry at a wedding party, they share the first slice of the wedding cake
    edited February 2021
    We lost count again... ... Lmao xD

I did not include everything, because too obvious, too much of a key feature or not sure if this is only available in the sims 4 (sorry), so keep it still going:

@SimAlexandria

We have a detective career (even activ) in the sims 3

@RememberJoy

When Sims have the logic Skill high enough they can mentor other Sims...

46. Teddybears. When your kid has a good relationship with them, the eyes are open. If the relationship is bad the eyes are closed.

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited February 2021
    47. Magic bloodlines that pass through generations of spellcasters that can be improved or decreased in power.
  • FriendsdontLieFriendsdontLie Posts: 8 New Member
    48. Sims no longer have ugly designated maternity clothes.
    49 hats with any hair
    50 can wear any clothing
    51 can have a Seance
    52 can have a void critter as pet
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I like the idea of this thread, but I feel like half of this list is just regurgitating big features from each pack, rather than actually focusing on small details from the game, like those videos do.
    edited March 2021
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I like the idea of this thread, but I feel like half of this list is just regurgitating big features from each pack, rather than actually focusing on small details from the game, like those videos do.

And thats a wrap up, since nobody is posting anything anymore XD

Thanks y'all for coming up with some small details that i or some of you totally forget or didnt even now.

I listed 28/50 because he/she is right ---^ some of them i dont now if it is exclusiv to the sims 4...

1. Sims can decorate the Christmas Tree - Seasons EP
    2. Deletion of any NPC without corruption or crashing using the - Household Manager
    3. Pregnancy Tests
    4. Place a double bed in the corner and Sims will scoot to sleep at the corner
    5. Teenage Sims can wohoo/make out in bed & Parents can have the wohoo talk
    6. Breastfeeding!
    7. The ability to vacation in any world
    8. sims can eat food, watch TV, and talk to other sims at the same time
    9. Children can jump into trash containers to look for discarded toys or voidcritter cards - Kids SP
    10. You can enlarge Objects in the Sims 4. And some of these objects can be still used - Build Mode

11. Angry, hotheaded and tense sims slam the fridge door shut.
    12. Ability to freely move things on the wall in any direction (TS3 you could only move up in increments and never side to side)
    13. Ability to place doors and windows freely
    14. Configurable stairs
    15. Plants increase in quality with the evolve interaction. No need to harvest and replant
    16. If your sim goes to bed sad, they cry in their sleep, and if they go to bed very happy they giggle in their sleep
    17. Keep a jar of honey in your sim's inventory and eat it if your sim overheats- Seasons
    18. When riding a bike over hilly terrain a sim will slow down and have to peddle harder when going up hill, and stop peddling and go a little faster when going down hill - EcoLifestyle/University
    19. sims can sing holiday songs
    20. sims can marry santa

21. Toodlers can go independently in their beds
    22. Birth Certificates
    23. Mices
    24. Teens can live on their own
    25. When two Sims marry at a wedding they share the first slice of the wedding cake
    26. Teddybears. When your kid has a good relationship with them, the eyes are open. If the relationship is bad the eyes are closed.
    27. Magic bloodlines that pass through generations of spellcasters that can be improved or decreased in power.
    28. Sims no longer have ugly designated maternity clothes & can war any clothes accessoires (hats with any hair) even though some makes them bald lmao XD

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited March 2021
    I remember playing some teens/children family in Sims 2. They were in the family bin and very difficult to play but no one was taken away if you could do it. The Newsons? I don't think the game would let you make a teen family though.

I know you wrapped it up but you can jog with dogs in Sims 4, no clue if you could in Sims 3 though.
    Also what about hiking with others? I think that's new to the series.
    egTcBMc.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2021

yes but it was for one day and it didn't change there mood 26

no you couldn't make aliens with a cheat you can with a mod in sims 3

36 adults can play dolls with there kids is what I meant

Sims can run restaurants in TS2. I've done it a thousand times. Adults can play with their kids if they are playing with the dollhouse in TS2 so can the teens and other children.

24. Teens can live on their own in TS2. If the parent is dead. They can also care for all the younger siblings and get a job to do it.
    25 or 46? Sims share the wedding cake in TS2, too, and before BV went on a honeymoon in a limo. After BV they book a hotel (Playable honeymoon).

I haven't read this entire thread but I'm pretty sure some of the things listed were already in TS2 as I just pointed out.

And yes, you can make an alien (skin) in TS2 in CAS with the CAS cheat which opens all clothes, hair, hidden outfits for the Sims until you exit CAS. So yes, you can use a simple cheat to access all content in CAS hidden or otherwise.

On that note this thread is pointing out EP or GP features which in some cases were already in TS2's base game. Stating void critters is not the same as the 50 things in TS2 base or TS3's base that still don't exist in TS4's base. Adding in EP or GP features never in TS2 is not the same as the 50 things about TS2 that you guys still don't have. Those 50 things were 99% all in the base.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    same as the 50 things about TS2 that you guys still don't have. Those 50 things were 99% all in the base.

I mean, I still "have them" cuz I have ts2 and 3 as well as 4 haha.

on a serious note though, You guys are right, there are not many things in S4, that aren't already in the others, as they took (to me) the best of each and combined them for S4 and added just a few new things. I'm sure there are a few not on this list but I don't remember what is or isn't in them at times so didn't mention them.

Personally though, I think it's the loss of a lot of those things that make S4 more fun. Simplicity is key for me and a lot of stuff I was glad to see go (hated open world and colour wheel and zodiac system etc worked haha and I'd way prefer to have void critters than any of those (huge void critters fan haha, one of my fav things to do in game))

Sure some things I miss (mainly sims 2 animations and free babies (which I think we'll eventually get in 4.. babies not animations)), and this is in every variant, but I play just for fun and overall, I have the most fun with 4 even if it doesn't have as many small details, which are mostly meaningless to me.

Fun list btw!!! I enjoyed this :)

• fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    2. Deletion of any NPC without corruption or crashing using the - Household Manager
    You can do this in ts3 as well. I do it all the time and it doesn't cause any problems.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
    edited March 2021
    I'm not really seeing much here to warrant a 50 things thread about the bases since so many are listing things that are in extra packs and then many of the things listed were already in the TS2 base or the TS3 base.
    Such as enlarge/pull tug rooms/walls. This was in TS3's base. It's true if you made a room smaller by doing this the things in it would not stay put and or disappear (be removed) but it was still in the game and the only difference here is TS4 improved upon the feature, not invented it. So, I would scratch that off any list, too.

I would also scratch off any reference to saving a room, this was in TS3 first, called blueprints... (base game patch) true again TS4 improved upon it, so that wouldn't qualify as a 50 things' item not in the other games would it? So, scratch that one, too. I don't think many understood the concept of the TS2 50 Things thread.

ETA:there was another mention of hotheaded Sims or angry, upset Sims slamming a fridge door, ok, I will give you that one, but in the other games angry Sims break stuff in TS2 and TS3. Paintings, toys, dollhouses, and a few other things, created items by other Sims etc. ETA: Steal papers, turn over trash cans, leave flaming poop bags, steal gnomes, turn over gnomes, turn over flamingos etc. I don't know, if one slam of a fridge door is worth the trade off. Make prank phone calls, insult others, shove others, poke others, get in brawls etc. Which a brawl in TS4 is not an everyday occurrence. There is a lot in TS4 I could list but then again in many cases, it would have already been in the other games (other than some animations such as sit by pool) that would probably not equal out to 50 little things.

Trade off angry Sim slamming fridge door, for hothead, and all they do in the other games, and or a playful Sim who swings on fridge doors in TS2....sort of apple vs oranges. Such as slide down banisters..not in TS4 to my knowledge.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited March 2021
    Child Sims can write a dollhouse story when their creativity is high enough after they have played with the dollhouse and got a certain moodlet.

Sims with high enough writing skills can write an excuse on the computer so another Sim will not have to got to school/work that day.

Child and teenage Sims can be invited to play hooky by classmates.

Sims can wear any outfit they like for maternity wear.

Sims can look for penpals via the PC and collect postcards that way that can be hung on a card board.

Sims in the business career can invest in stocks.

Sims with high Charisma skill can ask other Sims for a loan.

Sims can take actual selfies and the selfie pose varies with their current mood.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • comasyouarcomasyouar Posts: 25 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Sims 4 is the only game where you can place double bed in the corner and Sims will scoot to sleep at the corner

Is this for real? I didn't know! Have to try that sometime...
    https://thesimsofsunsetvalley.wordpress.com
    The Sims of Sunset Valley recreated in The Sims 4
    I really liked I could put a double bed next to wall and the Sim have no problem getting up next morning and or two Sims could still sleep in the bed. It is possible in TS2 but only one Sim will be able to use the bed, so again an improvement not exactly a never before possibility.
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    I agree with the above that a lot of the mentioned things, not including redundancies (e.g. running your own restaurants being in TS2), but expansion pack features not in TS2 and TS3 don't really=small details.

I think a reason why I struggle to come up with actual small details not in TS2/TS3 that are in TS4 is that the emotions system keeps everything from actually being "small," i.e. subtle. In previous installments, sims are ruled by their personalities, but in 4 they're ruled by emotions. Not inherently a bad thing, but it makes everything very... in your face. I personally think TS2 does the best job at portraying the minutiae of life, even TS3 struggles in this regard (looking at you, sims teleporting into cars).

Aside from things like sitting at the edge of the pool, crying in bed, and sims being clumsy with chopsticks (which I could just be imagining idek), it's really hard to come up with true small details that enrich the game. In TS2, everything felt very intimate. Actually getting utensils from the cabinets, children dropping everything to greet their parents when they returned home from work (which was especially endearing when the parent worked until late), and stuffing their face (relatable) enrich the game in such a way that I'd put them in a completely different category than freely moving objects along the wall, or "multitasking" (which sims definitely did in TS2, because they socialized while doing basically EVERYTHING).

TLDR lmao
    Sorry this devolved into a rant, but unfortunately, I think Sims 4 is getting credit for things that are off the topic of small details and are a given for a successor in a series.