Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

yay bunk beds are coming

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    While bunk beds were never on my personal wish list, I have a feeling I may end up using them more than I expected to.

Also, I'm really happy for the people who have wanted them. I have a feeling there are many more wishlist things to come. :smile:
    #Team Occult
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I’m happy for bunk beds. I think a great bunk bed for the 100 Baby challenge would be a child bed as a top bunk and toddler bed for the bottom bunk with a toddler potty at the foot of the bottom bunk! Maybe they’ll have loft beds and you can make it into a bunk bed by adding the toddler bed and potty underneath.
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    Not to be "that person" but CC creators already made bunk beds possible so while I am excited for those who haven't gotten to try them out for me it just feels like just another thing EA was going to let go by the wayside until CC creators showed it was possible. Maybe with modders figure out how to get babies out of those bassinets then we'll get that update as well lol.

Although I appreciate that modders created functional bunkbeds for those who wanted them, personally I was never a fan of the CC because the animation didn’t seem to be properly implemented nor of a high standard.

Therefore I believe it’s great that bunkbeds will officially be a added to base game. Both for those on console who’s system doesn’t support cc, and those who appreciate content produced at a professional level. Better late than never.

Like I said I'm happy for those who don't use CC. My frustration comes from the fact that EA is making a total joke out of the community in refusing to do things or saying they "can't" be done then went CC creators do it all of a sudden EA wants to add it to the game. Also let's not act like EA has high standards with this game, if they did we wouldn't be having the bunk bed conversation 7 years after release nor would we always have a laundry list of consistent glitches within the game itself.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Not to be "that person" but CC creators already made bunk beds possible so while I am excited for those who haven't gotten to try them out for me it just feels like just another thing EA was going to let go by the wayside until CC creators showed it was possible. Maybe with modders figure out how to get babies out of those bassinets then we'll get that update as well lol.

Although I appreciate that modders created functional bunkbeds for those who wanted them, personally I was never a fan of the CC because the animation didn’t seem to be properly implemented nor of a high standard.

Therefore I believe it’s great that bunkbeds will officially be a added to base game. Both for those on console who’s system doesn’t support cc, and those who appreciate content produced at a professional level. Better late than never.

Like I said I'm happy for those who don't use CC. My frustration comes from the fact that EA is making a total joke out of the community in refusing to do things or saying they "can't" be done then went CC creators do it all of a sudden EA wants to add it to the game. Also let's not act like EA has high standards with this game, if they did we wouldn't be having the bunk bed conversation 7 years after release nor would we always have a laundry list of consistent glitches within the game itself.

I don't remember them ever saying it wasn't possible to make bunkbeds.... I remember them saying it was a lot of work so they had to decide whether to put resources into something like bunkbeds or give us something else instead and other things had always been chosen so far.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

the ea bunk beds or going to be better that not to say that cc is bad its just the people have more tools and went to school to learn how to do
    what they do @charmed4life4
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member

I’m not sure where you got the information about a company rep saying that bunkbeds can’t be done?
    I doubt that any dev would say this when bunkbeds have clearly been around in previous installments and mobile games. Perhaps it wasn’t possible at a specific moment in time due to other priorities, plus the implementation may be more complex and therefore takes longer because of the way sims behave in TS 4 i.e. multitasking.

Also, bunkbeds were never a priority at the game’s launch, or even a few years into development. If they were added at launch folks would still be demanding other features such as toddlers and pools and pets and not blink once at the existence of bunkbeds. I strongly believe that right now the company is working their way through the list of most current popular demands and trying to tick all the boxes where possible, while also trying to come up with new, refreshing gameplay elements ensuring that this iteration is not an exact copy of the previous titles.

As for the pile of bugs, It being a life simulator, every new patch is bound to fix few old and introduce many new bugs as long as the game is still in development. I agree that it can be extremely frustrating and tiresome, especially when these old bugs are not being fixed right away and it takes modders to fix certain issues instead.
    But it is also completely unavoidable since similar to the high demands for missing gameplay features, bug fixes have their own priority list. The greater the bug, the higher it is on that list, the longer it takes for the company to fix. Meanwhile some of the smaller bugs are not being replicated and repaired by said company, so a modder will often be quicker to offer a fix.

I’d say this is the downside of any complex life simulator to be produced in the future unless the engine that supports it is perfectly stable and made on a magical island by a wonderfully talented bunch of fairies.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Some people asked so much for bunk beds. Me included. I can't believe that when we get the news that it'll finally be added to the game, for free, it's still a problem...
    I start to believe that some people jump blindly into any complain wagon. I get that all of us have our complains with the game, and that people should voice those complains (i do it) but the complains loose strengh when they're unreasonable.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    I still so much want the Heartshape Bed back, but the Bunkbeds will be appreciated. I have a couple of families with twin children, so the bunkbeds will be very handy. :)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    I have a couple of rental houses that could use bunkbeds but otherwise my sims don't really need them. I am more curious to know what theme the pack has.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I have a couple of rental houses that could use bunkbeds but otherwise my sims don't really need them. I am more curious to know what theme the pack has.
    Which pack?
    Which pack?

The pack coming with the bunk beds. :smiley:
    Which pack?

Oh. I thought they were adding bunk beds on their own as a base game update, no pack.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Since when was this a thing? I've heard nothing about bunk beds.
    Which pack?

Oh. I thought they were adding bunk beds on their own as a base game update, no pack.

I think we might find more after they officially launch the kits. It seems pretty random to just add bunk beds on their own.
    Which pack?

I don’t think they would have teased bunkbeds like that if they’re exclusive to a pack. Unless you mean the patch prior to the release of a new pack. We’re not even sure whether bunkbeds will be released in a pre-patch, although it’s very likely.
    Which pack?

I don’t think they would have teased bunkbeds like that if they’re exclusive to a pack. Unless you mean the patch prior to the release of a new pack. We’re not even sure whether bunkbeds will be released in a pre-patch, although it’s very likely.

The bunkbeds are like the ladders, nice to have but not that important to be released on their own. We got base game ladders with the pre-patch for Eco Lifestyle and another set of ladders with the Eco Lifestyle pack. That pack was quite controversial, so I am assuming the bunk beds will similarly come with a pack that might not be everyone's cup of tea. They teased them because they had to start the hype somewhere and what better place than during the anniversary livestream.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2021
    @Rosysimmer It was announced at the very end of the anniversary livestream. timestamp 48:53
    https://youtu.be/xkFCJYcl7aQ?t=2933
    @crocobaura Bunk beds will be added to the base game. It says so on the image shared in the anniversary livestream.
    bunk.png
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Everyone else is talking about how bunk beds will be great for their family play and what a great space saver they’re going to be and I’m over here like ‘I can’t wait to build my spaceships, prisons and military camps’ :lol:
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    @Rosysimmer It was announced at the very end of the anniversary livestream.
    @crocobaura Bunk beds will be added to the base game. It says so on the image shared in the anniversary livestream. @48:53
    bunk.png

@SimplyJen oh okay, I never watched it lol.
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    @Rosysimmer It was announced at the very end of the anniversary livestream.
    @crocobaura Bunk beds will be added to the base game. It says so on the image shared in the anniversary livestream. @48:53
    bunk.png

Yes, I know that, I am not contesting that part.
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Everyone else is talking about how bunk beds will be great for their family play and what a great space saver they’re going to be and I’m over here like ‘I can’t wait to build my spaceships, prisons and military camps’ :lol:

Exactly. Disneyland has a Star Wars spaceship hotel and it features bunk beds. For all we know, this upcoming pack could be Journey to Batuu 2.0.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member

Exactly. Disneyland has a Star Wars spaceship hotel and it features bunk beds. For all we know, this upcoming pack could be Journey to Batuu 2.0.

Well, we’ll find out sooner or later! I just hope that simmers will be happy whatever it is!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    Bunkbeds are coming into the next update, sometime in March.
    edited March 2021

Same here. I couldn’t care less about the children. 🤭

That was a joke. Everybody should care about the poor children. 😇

I hope so. 😇
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member

lool same