Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPCs In The Neighborhoods

Do you see all of your NPC households out and about? I have quite a few households that I never run into when I'm visiting community lots, festivals, etc. Some of them I forget are even in the game because I never see them just walking by. I don't always see the same sims but some I just don't see at all. I've visited all of their households and all are friends with my sim. These are all sims and families that I've placed in homes but never play and also a few of the game townies. Anyone else have sims they never see out and about?

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2021
    I tend to see the same sims all over the place in my game.

I actually wish that they would stay in their own worlds. I don't want to see Sulani residents in Windenburg or Mt. Komorebi residents in Willow Creek. It breaks my immersion as I like to think those places are far away from the other worlds. I don't want to see residents from StrangerVille or Oasis Springs in Brindleton Bay or any of the other worlds that seem like they're of a complete different climate.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited February 2021
    I rarely see any of my own SIms in any neighborhood. I see premade Sims like Nancy, Geoffrey, Clara, Bjorn, Mortimer, Eliza, and all of the Sulani premades in every neighborhood. Beyond that, the game prioritizes the appearance of disguised aliens. adult bartenders, and weirdoes. I also see this same horde at every venue and community lot with the addition of even more premade Sims from Windenburg and StrangerVille. The appearance of my own Sims seems to be a very low priority. The premades from Mt. Komorebi are showing up everywhere too. Great programming there.
  • ShachaaiShachaai Posts: 55 Member
    I've never really thought about it, but, now you mention it, there are some sims that just never show up around my neighbourhoods, despite my random and frequent rotational play-style. I keep forgetting I actually have the Goths still in my game, because they never show up anywhere. The Hecking boys and their dog, my game's two maids, that one pizza delivery person and the mailpeople however? Everywhere.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    edited February 2021
    I have a restaurant across the road from the Goth mansion and Bella and Mortimer always drop by for diner. I always see Nancy Landgraab and the Bjergsens everywhere though I've never played them either. Some sims seem to show up more often in some neighbourhoods or around certain lots, but I've never noticed anyone that just doesn't show up.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I wouldn't even care if they showed up in other neighborhoods but they don't even show up at venues in their own neighborhood. I have Sienna Moss, from GTW, in Oasis Springs, along with Agnes Crumplebottom, the Frio brothers, Liam O'Dourke, Gobias Koffee and several others. They're never at the bar, bowling alley, restaurant, or park in OS.

I think I'm going to start inviting them out. Maybe that will trigger something.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    If you put them in a club with "any x" as their hangout they will congregate any time you go to venue type x, if that helps.

I used to see the same sims out all the time, a mix of mine and some premades, but there's been a shift as my sims have aged. The YAs are more likely to show up at nightclubs, for one thing. It is not at all uncommon for my families with kids in the child stage to show up at restaurants and then stop when the kids grow up. Active sims are more likely at gym lots but I haven't specifically noticed that kind of connection with other traits.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    @Daephene thanks for that suggestion! I always forget about clubs for sims I'm not playing.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Indeed, there are some NPC's that I never see. And when I do see them, it's usually the same ones. I think some of that may have to do with their traits--for example, I see NPC's that have the "dance machine" trait at the club every time
  • GrimReaper1744GrimReaper1744 Posts: 32 Member
    > @Nate_Whiplash1 said:
    > Indeed, there are some NPC's that I never see. And when I do see them, it's usually the same ones. I think some of that may have to do with their traits--for example, I see NPC's that have the "dance machine" trait at the club every time
    So you're less likely to see loner sims anywhere but their house
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    I generally see my played Sims show up as NPC's as well as non-played Sim households and even ones I've released into "not in world". Though I try to regularly go in and delete the random generated ones time to time.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    I was actually wondering about this with the NPC's. I'm doing a 100 baby challenge, and so I need as many new Sims as I can get. I was wondering do I need to travel to different towns to find different Sims, or will they all just wander by my sim's lot in Willow Creek eventually?
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I see this (or rather, don't see it, lol) with my played households. I play a whole lot of Sims and households so that I can see them out and about to meet each other, but some never seem to appear anywhere and some who do, don't make sense.

I suspect it might be a game mechanic to prevent overload and save corruption, it probably works together with the culling system. As we've seen in the past, Sims games can get wonky, corrupted and bloated, so I think it's possibly that way for this reason. I wonder, though, if playing some for a certain length of time and interacting more with other specific Sims will get them integrated enough to become priority.
    #Team Occult
  • CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    edited March 2021
    After you make enough sims, you'll start seeing them wander around the world. Also what usually happens after you make a sim, but then if you go ahead and play another sim/household, usually the first visitor will be that sim you just made! At least that always happens with me! Also been seeing the kids of my sims wander around!