Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Health Food Nut Lifestyle

My adventurous sim, just got the health food nut lifestyle, since they started as a rags to riches they could only afford the fridge and made a ton of salads which is how he got the lifestyle. However I find it weird that a lot of the new foods that come with Snowy Escape are not considered "healthy". I get that hot pot wouldn't be considered healthy (there's lots of oils and fats in it) but he didn't like avocado maki roll (which I consider healthy) and it gave him the wasted calories sad moodlet. I think that the foods that the game considers healthy need a bit of a tune up to include the foods from SE and CL cause a lot of those I would consider healthy eating options. Does anyone know what foods, that are NOT part of the health food nut cooking options, are considered healthy by health nut sims? So far I have found salad and pan fried tilapia to be ok. I don't want to always have to cook the health nut options as they make my sim energized and that buff is strong enough to cover other buffs, like inspired or focused, I want my sim to feel those too sometimes and not always energized from healthy foods.

Comments

• Options
    SysomiSysomi Posts: 6 New Member
    I want to get this one. Is Fruit Salad a dessert or healthy food? I'm not sure.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I just got the lifestyle and I agree they should need to tweak it a little.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Fruit Salad is considered healty like all salads. Those are the only food dishes that are considered healthy though.
    I agree, it needs some tweaking.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    It also looks to me like it needs some tweaking. I would love to see a full list of what is and is not considered healthy or junk food. Someone mentioned early on that all Quick Foods are considered unhealthy/junk foods, and if that's true that would make no sense. You would think edamame and orange juice, for example, would definitely be considered healthy.
  • Options
    sharonlynettesharonlynette Posts: 26 Member
    I'm glad I read this as I was aiming to get this but failing miserably even though my sim is living on fruit salad, salads, grilled chicken and herb-crusted salmon. I would have expected there to be the obviously health like the about, fruit and yogurt, sushi, vegetable chilli, even the burritos aside from the one with the cheese. The obviously unhealthy, burgers, pizza, grilled cheese, fish and chips, anything traditionally fried. Then anything in-between it would have been great if that depended on the sim health food nut or junk food fiend, with dishes like spaghetti, stir-fry, casseroles, they can either be made healthy or unhealthy depending on the person, just like in real life. I don't think I could handle having a sim stress so much over what they eat, if it was just positive moodlets then that would have been ace.
  • Options
    @Amapola76: What I posted is the full list:
    - all salads including fruit salad
    - fresh harvestables
    (- the healthy meals your Sim can cook once the lifestyle is achieved)
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    ExquizitesueExquizitesue Posts: 7 New Member
    you can have granola , all the soups you can get with mods , all the vegeterian meals and seafood meals
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Think I might have to start working on another lifestyle as this one seems a bit restrictive.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2021
    What about the Wellness skill recipes? Superfood salad, carob coconut cake etc?

Maybe it's based purely on calorie content rather than a more balanced traffic light system that include nutritious but calorific foods like avocado and nuts.
  • Options
    Superfood Salad is considered healthy, carob coconut cake is not.

Granola does not have the healhty food tag, nor have the vegetarian and seefood meals.

I highly doubt that custom food has the healthy food tag applied - unless the modder expressly states so or the food has been created after the release of SnowyEscape and was cloned from a salad.

I think that meals with fresh ingredients also count towards the health nut lifestyle, but I cannot prove that.
  • Options
    TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    It is pretty confusing. I like the idea of a health nut lifestyle, and I tried to get it on a few sims, but it's confusing, because I have no idea what the Sims considers healthy.

Even before the health nut lifestyle came out, I was confused about how some sims would get a bad moodlet from eating too many quick meals, when they ate healthy things like peas and yogurt. Because of that, I figured that health nuts don't like healthy quick meals, but there was no way to determine which of the other foods count as healthy and which don't.

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    What about grilled food like Baked Potatoes, Grilled Fish, Grilled Chicken and campfire roasted fish/bugs? What about high protein bug foods from EL?
  • Options
    boombamboomboombamboom Posts: 52 Member
    Can I have yogurt with granola?
  • Options
    raysims3raysims3 Posts: 4 New Member
    I agree with you guys; the Sims 4 creators should tweak this lifestyle, so that players aren’t left trying to guess what is or isn’t healthy for their Sims to eat. I’m trying to get that lifestyle on one of my own Sims and I can’t figure out how to do it.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited October 2021
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    What about grilled food like Baked Potatoes, Grilled Fish, Grilled Chicken and campfire roasted fish/bugs? What about high protein bug foods from EL?

Haven't tried everything, but one entire family got the lifestyle from eating grilled fruit, pasta primavera and grilled chicken everyday.

-edit- okay just noticed the date of the thread, so they probably updated it since.
  • Options
    CharityCodesCharityCodes Posts: 56 Member
    Island vegetable feast cooked on the BBQ pit is considered healthy.