Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If Generations was the next EP, would you buy it?

As the title says, if Generations came out as the next EP would you buy it?

If Generations was the next EP, would you buy it? 217 votes

Yes!
60%
auroraael14Kita5399Sara1010PSamadamsPlayerBrd709IrishSimmer21alexspoom13Nighteyesalan650111IceyJdreamergrl84AlexaiTWSimGamer82JueJuecandystormPlayerSinger2010sam123Isb917BloosmooMeteoraStorm 132 votes
Only if...
9%
Erja888HazellTheSpotted_Cyesme88haneulfruitsbasket101LustianiciaTeeSeajcp011c2bixtersSweetieWright_84OnverserBearpal64MDianaSimscalaprfysovereignsimmerorenjiAiafternoonbaboonMarinuttonenAbbyBaba729 21 votes
No
5%
drake_mccartyadele_katcatmando830EnkiSchmidtdoedearStrawberryYogurtMeowchaFrappeMagicaCatNate_Whiplash1ElisetomTantalus 11 votes
I'd wait for a sale
14%
HowGreatThouArtColorist40Monet11imhappyDijktafoneSirenLuminosAquariusMomtaydevphantasmkissClassicalSimwormofthebookfoxybillyFanPhoriafilipomelHopeyStarrGrumpyGlowfishmikamakimonx4m1r4JC1979PreCiious 31 votes
Other...
10%
GalacticGalBlkBarbiegalBluebeard45elanorbretonmitchiebanjoTrowiciaMissmagoo2CAPTAIN_NXR7OldeseadoggeLiELFMonaveilAtreya33SeashoreLiviahaisinCelSimsSimmingalCatzillaAdmiral8QmanicobsessiveEternalSunshine 22 votes

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited March 2021
    Only if...
    For me I'd buy it when it came out if I felt like it added enough substance to make it worth an EP pricepoint (like a good world coming with it). If it didn't bring a new world or expand my gameplay enough to make it worthwhile I would wait for a sale
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Yes!
    Yes, I'd love such EP. I would wait for a sale though.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yes!
    Definitely a Heck, Yeah! for me! I've been wanting Generations forever. I need many many more things for kids and elders to do. They're kind of boring and I really never play them.
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    Yes!
    Yes! I've been waiting for it for years.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Yes!
    As soon as possible!
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    No
    Voted No, but just wait for EA to shoehorn something unrelated to the main feature in that baits me into buying (on sale).
    I fell for them with GTW and the aliens, although three years later I really got invested in the detective career, so by now I consider that money well spent. And they got me again with Uni by putting robotics and bicycles in.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Yes!
    Absolutely. I love family play.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    Other...
    It all depends on the kind of gameplay and content it adds and if it justifies the EP price. I'm hopeful that it would be a cool pack though.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I need to know more before i even consider this question. Right now i can't even answer to "other" because there is nothing to work with and even this pack idea is just mere speculation at this point. I can't do anything with speculation.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Yes!
    I voted yes, but my answer is more of a "probably." If the systems are too intrusive or don't allow a lot of variation ("All Teenagers will autonomously throw a house party any weekend the parents are away... even if your teen just aged up and doesn't know any other teenagers, or has traits that would strongly lean against that" type things.) I may not... at least until either they tone them down or there are mods to counter it.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Other...
    I'd have to wait and see what it would actually offer. If it seemed interesting enough to me, I'd likely get it during a sale.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yes!
    I would definitely buy it.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    Yes!
    I probably would, but I hope that the gameplay will not be limited to aspirations and rabbit holes.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Yes!
    Absolutely!
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited March 2021
    Only if...
    Only if...
    ...kids, teenagers and elders would get a lot of new things to do (playground equipment, new interactions between siblings, new interactions between children (e.g. play tag), new interactions between kids and family members, more after school activities, field trips; proms, learning to drive, pranks, acne, more part-time jobs, special chance cards at school (e.g. about crush, prom date, presentations, subjects), internships; canes, bingo, pictures to show (not via phone), better retirement system, testaments, heritage, clothes designed for their age group).
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Other...
    Possibly? It would depend on if it had gameplay that I want or if it had features that I wouldn't want in my game. I didn't buy Parenthood for these reasons so the same principle would stand for a generations style EP. But I'd say most likely yes.
    #Team Occult
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    edited March 2021
    Only if...
    Only if...

It has seriously good content for everyone. Kids need more stuff to do, teens need more things to do, and elders need more interactions and special things they can do - write a will, walk with a cane (seriously, my beach-living 200 year old grandpa wants a cane!) and have interactions with their grandkids.

I'd skim every little piece of information of a Generation EP as I could possibly come over and more. Need all the info on this one.

I'd like to say that I'd be after it like a Sim chases after a glass of water, but...

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    No
    I was somewhere between "no" and "I'd wait for a sale"

Generations doesn't really appeal to me as I'm not a family player. And even more interactions wouldn't encourage me to be. It's just not my play style, so I'd get very little to no use out of it. If I liked enough of the BB and CAS items, I might get it off a gray market site once it went below $18 but other than that, probably not. Unless I got it from a giveaway or it was the only pack I didn't have.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Only if...
    It depends on what's included and how fleshed out it is. At this point I won't buy anything until I know what's included, have seen at least a few people play around with it, and have checked bug reports.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    Other...
    I had it in Sims3, but I think my expectations were too high. I rarely took advantage of what it offered. I believe Parenthood far exceeds what Generations gave, so I would have to see the Trailer and learn just what was in it before I buy it. If it appears to have more of what I would enjoy, then I'll buy it on release. If not, I may simply wait to hear from others how much fun they're having and then consider if it's something I want or need to add to my game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Other...
    Depends what was in it and how it was implemented.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    edited March 2021
    Other...
    as much as theme interests me decisions are made after there is enough info on what pack actually has

i would definitely feel more pull towards elders adults and babies related gameplay

and perhaps some bigger life events like funerals and weddings

or some systems like memories or likes and dislikes or such

and i wouldnt say no to some gameplay objects to use as family

or maybe some fun playground stuff

but there is also many things that could be generations gameplay but i wouldn't care for at all and wouldn't buy pack for
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Other...
    Depends on the content and gameplay.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    Yes!
    Sure !! I've been waiting for it for a while. Teens and kids need more content, elders don't have much either.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    Other...
    It depends on the content. If I like enough of the pack's features, I would likely get it during a 50% off sale.