Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Love the Brady Bunch take and the idea of making over an existing house!
    I really enjoyed the challenge on this one. I shall put my details in a spoiler.
    The family will be happy to know that the original style and structure was maintained. The solution to keeping the original look was to dig down and add two large en-suites in the basement.
    screenshot-3.jpg
    The door to the upstairs bath was moved to be a private entrance from the master bedroom and a wall was added to the other bedroom to create another en-suite bath. The newlyweds needed a new bed, but the original bedding was kept. The upstairs hallway makes a perfect study. (Since we are only allowed two pics here, you'll have to go here for a pic:
    https://iamciane.files.wordpress.com/2021/02/screenshot.jpg
    On the main floor, the sink was moved beside the toilet and a washer and dryer, and shelving unit, were added to the vacated sink wall. Some minor door and window shifts occurred, and the front door was replaced by a much larger one with glass all around.
    screenshot-2.jpg
    Some big flowering bushes were added to the front of the house under and around the large dining window. (With a large family, one doesn’t need to spend a lot of time taking care of plants!) And, the kids got hop scotch added to the front walk.
    https://iamciane.files.wordpress.com/2021/02/screenshot-4.jpg
    A grill was added to the back porch off the kitchen. Six bike racks were added to the covered carport. The backyard gained a soccer net, tree house, and sand box.
    https://iamciane.files.wordpress.com/2021/02/screenshot-5.jpg
    Most of the existing furniture was kept, but the dining table needed to be larger, the living area needed more seating, and all the plumbing and appliances, minus some sinks and a toilet, had to be upgraded! Light fixtures were moved around and more were added. I thought the 70k was overly generous, yet, I managed to spend almost all of it. Thanks for a great challenge.
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    its great to see your playing the sims again @ciane
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    5nd1sli.png
    BNS235 The Bradley Bunch is closed! The new challenge will be posted tomorrow.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited March 2021
    bj1Z3cS.png

You have just sat back down behind your desk opposite the elderly couple when the man speaks.
    “We heard how you helped our friends when their homes flooded, and hope you can help us too,” Robin Nestlehut begins.
    “I would love to help. Tell me what I can do for you,” you request, imagining that they must have lost their home in a similar natural disaster.
    “It’s nothing like you must be thinking, please forgive us,” Robin’s wife, Wren, speaks up. “We have a big old farmhouse and a large farm to go with it.”
    “Unfortunately, we can’t keep it up ourselves anymore and none of our children are interested in coming home to take it over, so we have to sell.” Robin looks away wistfully for a moment, then seems to brighten. “But we’ve decided to use the opportunity to downsize. We would like a small house with a small yard, which will be easier for us to care for.”
    “Two bedrooms would be nice, one could serve as both a guest room and a hobby room,” Wren adds. “We’ll need two bathrooms as well.”
    “Our favorite room in the farmhouse was the sunroom, so we would prefer a sunroom in the new house,” Robin requests.
    “I think we can work with that. I hope you love your new home just as much as your old one,” you say.

The Brief:
    *Budget: 35,000
    The house needs:
    *At least 2 beds and 2 baths
    *One room must double as a guest room and hobby room.
    *A sunroom
    *The usual kitchen, living and dining areas.

Sims Challenge: Create Robin and Wren Nestlehut and show them enjoying their new home. Be sure to show all of their outfits in the slideshow.

The deadline for this challenge is Wednesday, March 31, 2021, no later than 23:59:59 New York Time/EST
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    @BuildnShare Question: in the brief for #236 above it has the budget as $35k but on the front page brief the budget is 40k. Which one is it?
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    Kesminlix wrote: »
    @BuildnShare Question: in the brief for #236 above it has the budget as $35k but on the front page brief the budget is 40k. Which one is it?

It's 35K. :)
    image.png
    edited March 2021
    I thought I was all done and then realized that I forgot the sun room. I spent all but one simolean, so I'll have to tweak what I have to get that sun room in. Any one else working on this?

bnc.png

bnb.png

Post edited by ciane on
  • oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    @Ciane – very cozy home, perfect for empty nesters. I like the combination of the exterior wood colors and front door pattern; it gives me zin vibes. The circular window ties nicely with the shapes in the fence. Also, the treehouse was a nice edition, and I am sure the future grandkids would say so themselves.

Unsure if I’ll get around to this challenge, but if I do, I probably will not upload it. Looking forward to seeing April’s challenge. :)
    Hard to see from the pictures, but the round window has a little perch outside to resemble a bird house. Thanks for the lovely comments @oliv3. I do hope you get around to this challenge as I always love your builds, but I know life is busy and some challenges are more inspiring than others.
    5nd1sli.png
    BNS236 Empty Nest is closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2021
    Ll71I0W.png

Sadly, due to the continued lack of participation in the Sims 3 Challenges, this will be the last one. If you want a challenge in the future, you can adapt the sims 4 challenges to sims 3.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    Ll71I0W.png

Sadly, due to the continued lack of participation in the Sims 3 Challenges, this will be the last one. If you want a challenge in the future, you can adapt the sims 4 challenges to sims 3.

this is sad :'( i wish that sims 3 was still going but i just couldn't handle being the only person playing 3 and when i asked why others didn't do the challenges for 3 it was because they didn't get proper edits from 4 with the same thumb nails and same terms from 4 it was disheartening also not being judged i wish there was more interest for 3 :'(
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • LilynWolfLilynWolf Posts: 30 Member
    It is really sad to see this challenge go. It looks like it would have been a lot of fun.
    (Although, I don't think I really get to say much, considering it's kind of my fault it's gone. I had wanted to do that last challenge, but March just got away from me, so I thought I'd do April instead... Oops, big mistake. If only I had at least scraped together something maybe there'd be an April one.)
  • VincentTVincentT Posts: 90 Member
    That's very sad, I enjoyed following the challenges a lot, I guess I should have participated to help keep it going.
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Taking a vote to see if people are still interested in doing Sims 3 build challenges--here is the link: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/993538/sims-3-challenges-and-critiques-is-there-any-interest#latest

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top