Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else wish we could visit debug buildings as functional lots?

Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
Whenever I look around the worlds, I see so many buildings I'd love to explore or utilize, and every time, I curse the fact they're nothing but background decorations.

Strangerville
VQ1blTO.png
I mean, how cool would it be to visit and explore this military base? Imagine being able to actually go there? Explore that entire area? You ask me, Military should've been made an active career.

w9cqCGS.jpg
So many buildings there that could serve as functional houses, or townhouses with apartments upstairs, and shops or bakeries underneath.

I'm struggling so much with the low number of lots that Strangerville has, while it looks like it could easily have so many...

spoNlLI.jpg
Staying at a motel for visitors? Buying fuel, snacks, and maybe some other goods at the gas station? These are small things, but they would make the experience so much richer.

Del Sol Valley
7Cb2ItZ.jpg
Look at that massive supermarket, what if we could go in and shop there? You could even have it start with only a few shops, allowing players to fill it with theirs. And maybe each of the shops could even be owned by individual Sims, just like owning a retail lot.

sdarpeL.png
This one looks interesting, is this some kind of hotel? Could rich Sims maybe rent a room there?

x4lzglz.jpg
This building looks lovely too, I'd love to have an apartment there on the top floor, and maybe some shops or lounges on the first floor.

San Myshuno
8X7yrnR.png
Why can't we develop anything inside the many of Uptown's floors? Why can't we actually walk through all these glass walkways? And why can't we explore the park area at the bottom of Uptown? It certainly would be a great location for all of its rich residents to relax.

uLrTfqR.jpeg
And this? Shops right underneath the deck? This would be such a great place to visit too.

JbXdkME.jpeg
And the Fashion District? It's located right on top of an entire supermarket, with the parking lot and a rail transit station and all that. Why can't we explore that?

You could even have some great DLC synergy there; Get Famous and City Living unlock the worlds that have supermarkets, Get to Work makes these supermarket explorable, and allows Sims to own their own shops there.

It's just all so irritating, to see what kind of game Sims 4 could have been.

Post edited by Lorenerd11 on

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    Those buildings are just shells, there is nothing to explore there.
  • Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    I'm aware. I'm just saying that many of them could be lots regardless.
    Lorenerd11 wrote: »
    I'm aware. I'm just saying that many of them could be lots regardless.

Yes, we could do with some more lots in the game, but I am not sure all shell buildings could be open lots. I guess they could add some rabbit hole functionality to some of them, like say the hotel or the supermarket.
    edited February 2021
    I'm not talking about rabbit hole functionality either, I'm saying I wish some of those were actual, functional lots that our Sims could actually visit or live in, preferably without any loading screens.

This definitely couldn't be the case for all of them, but I think we could definitely use some more freedom there in deciding which areas of the map are functional lots.
    Lorenerd11 wrote: »
    I'm not talking about rabbit hole functionality either, I'm saying I wish some of those were actual, functional lots that our Sims could actually visit or live in, preferably without any loading screens.

This definitely couldn't be the case for all of them, but I think we could definitely use some more freedom there in deciding which areas of the map are functional lots.

Sure, one day when and if it will be possible to place down our own lots like in previous games.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yeah I mean it's 2021 already. I remember back in 2006 people were like "Oh imagine what the Sims 4 will be like, probably super complex and non-restrictive, you'll be able to control anything and customize everything!"
    Nobody would have guessed the Sims 4 will be the Sims 2.5
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    edited February 2021
    Yeah I mean it's 2021 already. I remember back in 2006 people were like "Oh imagine what the Sims 4 will be like, probably super complex and non-restrictive, you'll be able to control anything and customize everything!"
    Nobody would have guessed the Sims 4 will be the Sims 2.5
    It's actually closer to Sims 1.5 in terms of restrictions. We used to be able to make as many lots as we wanted in Sims 2, and we used to be able to freely build custom multi-household apartments.
    edited February 2021
    I think in general, we should have some degree of customization. On the world map, we should have the option to choose to convert some of the shell buildings into functional lots. Or with apartments, choose which and how many floors we wish to utilize, rather than having it hardcoded.

Likewise, we could also have an option to convert the lots back into non-functional shells when we're not using them for anything, which would help prevent an excessive data/performance drain.

Looking back, splitting worlds into neighborhoods was a genuine improvement over Sims 3, but it was a wasted opportunity to not make these neighborhoods customizable.
    Post edited by Lorenerd11 on
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I wish they atleast made shells functional as rabbit holes, some of them could be really useful but instead they're just set dressing
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    YES PLEASE!! B)
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    edited February 2021
    60% of TS4 is set dressing and I think that is what drives me cazy
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I just want CAW - I don’t even really build that much but I’m feeling really annoyed at all the worlds right now because I want them to be better than they currently are. I’m getting so bored of seeing the same view all the time!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Am fully with the OP on this! TS4 is a 'game' of missed opportunities. Having been in the military I know that military towns have far more than 2 community lots and those many more are widely varied. The base has too many possibilities to list. The third shot also has what appears to be a diner/restaurant, not to mention a classic "Route 66" vibe that's ripe for development.

Del Sol Valley: Photo 1, lots of room for every sort of community lot function in the game, including earlier versions. #2 Aging but still high end hotel, perfect for TS2 style rooms and suites for visitors and residents on the upper floors and amenities on the first. #3, what OP said, shops of all kinds on the lower floor, apartments above.

San Myshuno: Again, these should all be functional, at least to some degree. Even the Spice District has lots to offer. I live about an hour from Boston, so know what a city can offer in so many ways. Maybe 'Myshuno' is simlish for 'missed opportunity'.

What's really sad is that with TS2 most of what the OP is talking about can be done. The difference between a game made for simmers and a game with roots in online where all is a façade, a mere stage to chat with other players on but do nothing of substance.