Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hiking Trails - Snowy Escape & Outdoor Retreat

I am excited that one of the ideas I submitted (and other simmers too) for hiking trails was implemented in the new EP, however I hope they are retroactively added to Granite Falls, which desperately needs a hiking update. When Sims hike and you stop them to harvest or catch bugs and tell them to resume hiking they turn around and go in a different direction. So Hopefully hiking has been enhanced in the Outdoor Retreat pack too.
01-15-15_10-05-PM.png
wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱

Comments

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I really hope hiking is a general feature we can use everywhere. There are so many beautiful worlds to hike in.
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    edited November 2020
    I really wish this would be possible!!! But at the same time judging from all previous EA practice I'm 100% sure this feature will be available only in the new world. No retroactive changes will be made. My hopes here are only for mods. But unfortunately not everyone can/want use them.

More integration of new features with packs would be really appreciated. But I think they already have so many they do not even try that much. Like they hide whims instead of adding new. They never return to the question of swimable water in older worlds. Today in IronSeagul video he mentioned that sentiments are generated only by basegame stuff and new pack all other packs excluded and so on... So I'm afraid not.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited November 2020
    Judging by how hiking was enacted in the stream, I think it’s exclusive to Mt. Komorebi. However, maybe modders can mod it in now.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’m really excited about the hiking! Hopefully they will improve hiking in Granite Falls also.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm more excited for this than anything
    Sounds crazy but I keep plotting hiking trips in my head 😅😅😅
    here is a nice breakdown.
    https://simscommunity.info/2020/11/01/the-sims-4-snowy-escape-all-about-hiking/

What was the idea you suggested? I asked for walking side by side without sims running way ahead or behind eachother.
    Yea it's only for this world but I'm looking foward to the modd for this!
    But hopefully this is something they expand on. Hiking in granite falls, sims walking holding hands, hiking everywhere!! 😁😁😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    I am excited that one of the ideas I submitted (and other simmers too) for hiking trails was implemented in the new EP, however I hope they are retroactively added to Granite Falls, which desperately needs a hiking update. When Sims hike and you stop them to harvest or catch bugs and tell them to resume hiking they turn around and go in a different direction. So Hopefully hiking has been enhanced in the Outdoor Retreat pack too.
    01-15-15_10-05-PM.png

All they'd have to do is update the coding on hiking in Granite Falls.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I really hope hiking is a general feature we can use everywhere. There are so many beautiful worlds to hike in.

Yes especially Brendleton Bay.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited November 2020
    I'm more excited for this than anything
    Sounds crazy but I keep plotting hiking trips in my head 😅😅😅
    here is a nice breakdown.
    https://simscommunity.info/2020/11/01/the-sims-4-snowy-escape-all-about-hiking/

What was the idea you suggested? I asked for walking side by side without sims running way ahead or behind eachother.
    Yea it's only for this world but I'm looking foward to the modd for this!
    But hopefully this is something they expand on. Hiking in granite falls, sims walking holding hands, hiking everywhere!! 😁😁😁

@Babykittyjade I asked for hiking boards with different levels of difficulty in hiking and different hiking routes, sorta like when you visit a national park in the USA
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    Well thanks😁😁😁 lol love it @troshalom
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    ahh so true

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited February 2021
    I really hope that they will start to add hiking trails with new worlds (and with clickable/interactable destination spots). Hiking is a great way to make these "closed" worlds (sims 4 style) a little more alive and interesting. I agree with you @alan650111 and hopefully they will update the existing worlds with hiking trails now when we can vacation in all worlds.
    Post edited by carpe_diem on
    I'm surprised there is no mod for this. It was one of my biggest Hope's when I first heard about it. I really hope they add it to new worlds though.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I'm surprised there is no mod for this. It was one of my biggest Hope's when I first heard about it. I really hope they add it to new worlds though.

Yes me too. I don't even get how granite falls works. Like I took a family there and it seems like only one person can walk through the forest and I was hoping there would be a mod so that two ppl could do it cause I didn't even know what to do there.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Furied FateFuried Fate Posts: 14 New Member
    I keep thinking about the picnic baskets from Cottage Living and I get excited about the idea of going on a hike with my picnic basket and having a real picnic somewhere.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,811 Member
    I keep thinking about the picnic baskets from Cottage Living and I get excited about the idea of going on a hike with my picnic basket and having a real picnic somewhere.

Make sure there's an available table somewhere. 😄
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member

Make sure there's an available table somewhere. 😄

or pack the portable table from Outdoor retreat @simgirl1010 @Furied Fate

I was watching some of the videos I made in TS3 yesterday and saw a picnic basket in the park on the ground where my sim, who is a singer was performing. Now I need to go back and play that game.
    picnic.png
    picnic1.png