Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can Guidry and Temperance come back to life with ambrosia?

Can you give Guidry ambrosia. Can you give Temperance ambrosia? Would it work on them if you gave it to them?

Comments

• Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    I know that atleast it doesn't work with spells, but curious if this works though, so yeah, if anyone knows :)
    You're Breathtaking!
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

NPC ghosts won't eat ambrosia, you would have to be controlling them to try. So I don't think so.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    NPC ghosts won't eat ambrosia, you would have to be controlling them to try. So I don't think so.

Maybe you can add him to the family with testingcheats and try.
  • PurpleSweetTartPurpleSweetTart Posts: 167 Member
    I'm going to add him and see if he'll eat it. I really want Temperence back to life but is she even capable of being flirty? Is there a mod to have NPC ghosts eat ambrosia? EA, if you're listening and care that this doesn't come out of a Game Changer's mouth: NPC ghosts ought to be able to eat ambrosia. You could have cooler, more confused Legacies. Family Tree chaos is something I enjoy and I know many others do as well. Can you imagine James's LP's if NPC ghosts could eat ambrosia? <rubs hands together excitedly>
  • intothehorizoneintothehorizone Posts: 88 Member
    i'm not sure about ambrosia, but i tested the wishing well on temperance and it does not work. it seems like maxis gave her some sort of hidden trait that makes her a ghost but not counted as a ghost in game. (this trait also makes her seemingly permanently very angry, as even a +40 uncomfortable moodlet did not effect her mood at all when i was testing things with her in game)

then again my copy of temperance seems to have somehow made her way into the manage worlds bin (as opposed to the other tray ghosts belong to) so my temperance may just be broken; i've yet to create a new save and test that theory for sure.
  • IchooserockIchooserock Posts: 8 New Member
    you cannot bring them back to life with any resurrection method, if you add Guidry to your family you’ll see a blank trait which I assume is the hidden trait that will keep him from resurrecting.
    edited January 2021
    you cannot bring them back to life with any resurrection method, if you add Guidry to your family you’ll see a blank trait which I assume is the hidden trait that will keep him from resurrecting.

temperance shares this same sort of trait as well

• EncimiraEncimira Posts: 3 New Member
    I tried feeding Guidry ambrosia today and it did not work. I added him to my family with testing cheats, and then turned testing cheats off before he ate it. No luck. I would love for him to have a baby with my main sim so I am going to check out the reproduction options in full edit mode, but I’m not holding my breath as I’ve already been through this with the grim reaper and a wraith. 😂
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Just use:
    Traits.Remove_Trait Trait_Guidry
    Traits.Remove_Trait Trait_Temperance

That will turn them human.
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    edited February 2021
    I tried having my witch revive Guidry and fed him ambrosia and used the wishing well. Nothing worked:( But I did revive him using the trait cheats @SERVERFRA suggested!!

Unfortubately the "Try for Baby" option never pops up even though he can get sims pregnant. MCC has not been updated to recognize him yet so that didn't work.
    HOWEVER, Guidry did become my witch's baby daddy when I set Risky Woohoo to 100% with MCC. The kid was really cute:)
    I don't play with any mods or MCCs just Vanilla.
  • PurpleSweetTartPurpleSweetTart Posts: 167 Member
    I tried having my witch revive Guidry and fed him ambrosia and used the wishing well. Nothing worked:( But I did revive him using the trait cheats @SERVERFRA suggested!!

Unfortubately the "Try for Baby" option never pops up even though he can get sims pregnant. MCC has not been updated to recognize him yet so that didn't work.
    HOWEVER, Guidry did become my witch's baby daddy when I set Risky Woohoo to 100% with MCC. The kid was really cute:)

Can I see a picture, please?
    edited February 2021
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Just use:

@SERVERFRA if i do this will i no longer have guidry/temperance npcs, or will the game generate new ones??
    You can always turn them back after.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited February 2021
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Just use:

@SERVERFRA if i do this will i no longer have guidry/temperance npcs, or will the game generate new ones??

The game will generate another Guidry and Temperance. Same look, same clothes and everything so it won't bork it at all and the Guidry you revived and live as a human with no trouble
    Was curious how genetics were for him and they be good.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LadyPetuniasLadyPetunias Posts: 6 New Member
    My sim and Guidry had baby, He can have them even if he is a ghost..https://i.imgur.com/Gg1I5X5.png with no cheats... and I was a ghost as well for 4 hours lol.. and no ghost baby sadly. But to make him human would be great! I would turn off the haunted trait so it would not get confusing. lol
  • goblinnngoblinnn Posts: 1 New Member
    > @SERVERFRA said:
    > Just use:
    > Traits.Remove_Trait Trait_Guidry
    > Traits.Remove_Trait Trait_Temperance
    >
    > That will turn them human.

Hi! I tried using the Temperance one, and it didn't work out for me, so i did some investigation and figured this one out:

traits.remove_trait trait_hauntedhouse_temperance

I hope it's useful :smiley:
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Ambrosia and dedeathify doesnt work on new types of ghosts ever since snowy escape. They dont work on sims who died by getting crashed by the vending machine. I had a whole storyline centered around this bug (hehe) where morgyn tried without success to bring back a ghost sim he had fallen in love with. It was so dramatic. But seriously they have to fix that.
    I now have a Ghost family. Guidry, his wife who was formally a human & their little girl who was born human.
  • L00NYL0V3L00NYL0V3 Posts: 66 Member
    [quote="goblinnn;c-17808966"]> @SERVERFRA said:
    > Just use:
    > Traits.Remove_Trait Trait_Guidry
    > Traits.Remove_Trait Trait_Temperance
    >
    > That will turn them human.

Hi! I tried using the Temperance one, and it didn't work out for me, so i did some investigation and figured this one out:

traits.remove_trait trait_hauntedhouse_temperance

I hope it's useful :smiley:[/quote]

I cannot thank you guys enough! I'd been sending one of my spellcaster Sims all over creation trying to bring Temperance and Guidry back to life, and now I don't have to!

Seriously, these tips made my night! Worked like a charm!