Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    edited February 2021
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited February 2021
    @Skeilah
    I always love it when Jules pops up in your story, even if we don't get to actually see her. She and Naoki are cute friends. I'm glad you enjoy having her being part of your story! Rose is such a good teacher for the boys too - I've really enjoyed this time of tutoring with Jess and Rose. You really found a fun way to make their days of staying hidden fun!

Super sweet that Naoki is making a gift for Rose and I know Rose would appreciate a thoughtful letter from Bryon as well <3

Lol at Bryon's short, boring diary. The Glimmerbrook days are almost here, and I'm sure the diary stuff will be as exciting as behind the scenes stuff too! You have the stage set for an epic battle/storyline with Isaius with that heart of stone curse. I really love that you are so invested in storytelling and making all your characters and details fit together so perfectly. I sense some drama coming up with the G-gang too, no one seems loyal enough to Isaius for it to work in his favor. I read @Karababy52's comment about the potions and stuff, and I have to admit I'm a little lost when it comes to stuff related to this pack since I don't have it, so I have no idea what you're making up for your story and what is actually a sims feature :joy:

@AnnoyingTiger
    Lovely photos again for both days! It looks like Astrid and Pumpkin are doing pretty well for themselves as they get on their feet! The Sylvan Glade screenshots are especially gorgeous. And yes, about your comment about my save - I can't play any kind of challenge or gameplay these days without making a copy of my main save. I've made so many interconnected stories there that I don't like playing with new saves where I have nothing established

@Hermitgirl
    Omg, Nester is so cute! And the game aged him up in such a cute outfit too! Usually I have to edit my toddlers so they don't look like they dressed themselves lol. Roxanne makes a good auntie for little Nester, and so great that he can help her earn her badges. I'm going to have Jules do scouting next month and I'm looking forward to the challenge - I've never had a teen actually do all the badges! Also love the random mannequin child. I do love all of Roxi's special friends :)

@lilypadmeulin
    I liked your first day using more of a narrative! I still tend to do a mix of commentary and narrative in my posts, they're never very formal or well written haha, just kind of a mess of what I feel like babbling about that day. Jenny's back story is sad, and I also like the detail that she's embarrassed to tell Rohan about her living situation/past. Teens tend to be especially prone to embarrassment and self consciousness so I feel like that's realistic reaction. Kaori's grandma was also so sweet, I loved that little exchange. It's nice she has some adults looking out for her since she's trying to make it on her own.

@Karababy52
    What a nice Winterfest! Lots of sentimental moments and such great gifts! Having Winterfest right before a new month is a great idea - that way you can have Essa get gifts that will help her in the next world she lives in. It's almost painful to read Damon's tortured inner monologue about how much he loves Essa, poor guy. I hope that poor boy is able to move on since Essa is taken forever and always <3 Cute that Josh comes to check in on her from time to time too, even if it doesn't officially make it in as part of your story. Two more days!!! I'm excited to see Essa's house and follow her storyline in Glimmerbrook.

@Kanindota
    I enjoyed River walking in on ghost Dirk and his girlfriend in bed together, how amusing :D And that is an expensive headshot! I wonder if it is coincidental, or if dead celebrities do make more from their signed headshots. Death certainly brings a lot of fame in the real world so that would be a nice touch if it were intentional. Moving from world to world doesn't have to always have elaborate stories - maybe River is just ready to move on and see a new place. I'm sure there are months where I won't be able to come up with a seamless transition, and then suddenly Jules will just be living somewhere random and we'll all just go with it haha

• SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @lilypadmeulin
    Day 15: So happy to see that Jenny got her ice cream crepe xD Rohan and Jenny are such a happy couple. Love it.

Day 16: Love the hairstyle of that mail carrier. Wow, that's a lot of money to update the house with!! Yay for the desk!

You make a fair point with Roxanne there. Is she trustable... Or not? We'll know soon enough. Yay for Gabrielle becoming a favourite of yours! Gabbie is still Gabbie. Doesn't think things through xD Maybe that wasn't her best action. Let's just hope Roxanne isn't up to something bad.

Day 17: Ah, I see you started your storytelling! I have the feeling that Jenny also comes from a terrible background, just like Bryon... Both her parents kicked her out? Can't be something small. I want to know more!! Sachiko is so sweet. I hope Kaori and Jenny can become good friends :)

@Kanindota
    Laughed out loud with that picture of Hugo flat on the floor hahahaahahahaha. And Sofia sending a text while she's right there, lol. And now he's getting nightmares from a game too. Poor River. If I didn't knew better, I would think that River is on the verge of getting cursed like Isaius, becoming all crazy xD And River is going on with kissing girls too. Of course.

Now I suddenly want chocolate.

Hello Wolfgang! Hahhaha, actdelling xDD Wow, that autograph is worth much! Maybe it is because he's dead now!! Love how Dirk is like "River! Later!". I'm all for keeping Dirk around. He's a nice character.

@SoulGal7
    Day 14: I read this update some time ago, but now I finally have time to comment, yay! The meeting was going great until Siobhan walks in. I really dislike that girl, oof. Somebody really needs to tell her place. I still know how shocked I was when the tv announcement came up. I'd love to know what happened on Kiyoshi's side now... Oh, Sakura is so broken and of course, Siobhan has to act that way... Say it to her, Sakura!!! I'm so glad that Luna and Sofia went after Sakura.

It's not a bad idea to just skip March and finish February in that month, to come back in April, considered all the stuff you've been gone through with your game and computer problems and stuff. Still looking forward to your updates!!

@Hermitgirl
    I always forget to buy traits ahahhaha! I bought them a lot now, so now I don't have as much as points anymore. Thanks for the reminder xD I actually enjoy playing a lot of sims, but I have to admit, it's a lot of work and sometimes I'm like "yeah today I'm going to make it shorter because else I'm writing novels in a month". Let's hope that somebody can cure him! I'd love to see some more normal Isaius. I actually like him that way lol. xD But well, we'll have to wait to find out what happens next.

Day 23: Hahaha, Patchy is so funny. How's the freelancer paranormal career? It looks really funny too. Are we sure that Dahlia is there for you...? Or is she up to taking over your body or something ahahahah. No no, probably just a normal doll. Nothing weird at alllll.

Day 24: Laughed out loud when I saw Roxanne jogging with her food like that xD Lilith is actually Eliza's best friend in my game. She only broke the radio once. I don't think she stole something (yet). She's a great friend! So funny, a police officer being best friends with a thief. xD Congrats to Archie on becoming a dad! Will the future kid live with Archie or with Judith?

Day 25: Omg, Nester is such a cute kid!!! That picture is indeed adorable!! Can't wait to see more of the little guy.

Even I don't know anymore how to feel about Isaius, lol. And I'm the actual story writer here xD I'm glad that you love that Roxanne is a part of all this. Makes me happy ^^

@Karababy52
    Day 23: Nice group picture! All so serious xD The group really does look great together! And also love the solo pictures of everyone.

Brytani in my game is probably totally different from the normal Brytani. I like to give the premades my own twist, hehe.

I'm planning on redesigning the Magic Headquarters into an academy. Hope I succeed in making something that's passable for an academy.

Oh yeah, I was aware of the fact that you pretended things in your story - like the dead end. It was just funny :p Same for the mind reading. Love the imagination.

Thank you about my creative imagination :) I really almost cried for Isaius when I came up with this. Mostly because he basically lost his own life that day. I'm glad that you like my version of Brytani!! :D I have the feeling that more people are a little surprised by this turn of events ;P But I love it, ehehe!

Day 24: Ah, Essa is making pictures of Windenburg as a memory? How lovely. Oh, time to decorate the tree! So lovely to watch how Sims just throw balls in that tree and they never break xD She bought presents for everyone <3 How cuteeee.

Naoki thinks Jules is the perfect excuse for everything. And maybe she is, lol. Well, my goal is to get as much aspirations as I can done, so I hope I get a lot of them!

Day 25: hahahah lol to the text-warning xD Looks like Essa bombed that turkey!! I'm hungry in her place. Damon still is too much in love with Essa lol. Oh, would be nice to see Essa going to live with Molly and Damon for a few days, but I also get it if she goes travelling with a tent or something. Lovely gifts! Hahaahahahah, love the 'wrapped up' joke xD Wait, why is father winter's beard red? xD Ohhh, she got a Microscope? Nice! Oh, hello there, Josh! Didn't expect you there, hahahahah.

It took Bryon a little while, but that's mostly because I almost forgot about the fact that Bryon would eventually find out that something's not right xD I have so many details going on in my game, it's easy to forget something.

Not all the potions are wiped away, mostly the existence of the Love Potion because they couldn't find out how to make the recipe anymore, like it was a lost case. But the recipe still exists! Somewhere close to Isaius, where nobody can find it, so nobody can cure him. We'll find out soon about Roxanne's next actions!

@permanentrose
    Day 55: Oh, this is the bug planting day!! I already told you how surprised I was to find out that I finally found out that the flickering thing on the back is actually the bug hahhahahahahah! I think I'm going to start a relationship with Hugo in my game, when I add myself in April. I really love Hugo lol. Back on topic: Hugo and Jules are also pretty cute actually. xD Love Mischa!!! <3 Jules almost blew her cover, hahahaha! Losing her focus because of the dog. Congrats on successfully planting the bug!! Oh boy... Luna... Laughed out loud when Jules and Mario were about to... And Bex could listen in on everything ahahahhaah!

Day 56: Oh no... Is this the day...? Oh yes, I think it is... Oh I'm so happy that they ended on such good terms really. Mario has a place somewhere in my heart. Love the boy and I hope he'll have a great life discovering himself.

57: Ohhhh, cute little kitty!! Okay but before we're on that point, we have to go through a very sad Jules-moment. Poor Jules. She's having a hard time... I wonder why her emotions are going this way..... Oh man the kitty is so cute. Oh no, reading a romance at this point doesn't sound like a good idea indeed. Hahahhaha getting lost in a knitting project when you're watching a movie xD I'm glad that Bex managed to cheer Jules up a little.

The dairy stuff will get better indeed. I do love the behind the scene-stuff right now because of the 'boring' Bryon's diary entries, but it's a lot of work lol. There are actually potions in the pack, and they still exist for students to learn, but the 'love potion' is nowhere to be found. It'll come back someday. Heheh. I did wipe familiars away for the time being - those are also a thing in game. I get how confusing things can be when you don't own the pack yourself, hehehe.

@Ellupelluellu
    I'm super ready to go to Glimmerbrook and the Realms of Magic with Bryon and the rest, indeed!

@AnnoyingTiger
    Ah yes, I think the fairies were indeed Sims 3. I only played Sims 3 for a little while so that's why I don't remember much about it, I think.

Day 2: I only figured out now that Astrid has the same hairstyle as Julian in my game, haha! How bad of me to only notice now... Looks like Astrid isn't the best in ice skating xD And she got pranked :c Pumkin is still way too cute <3

Day 3: Ahh, Astrid goes to Sylvan Glade. Such a beautiful place, really. Oh, and she burns her mouth ahahhhaha. And gets to know Wolfgang! And a lot of other people.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    edited February 2021
    February 26
    MQBoPmS.png
    Earlier today we said goodbye to Ms. Douglas. Today was our last lesson with her, and we’ll miss her a lot. I think she’ll also miss us, given how emotional she is.

7ev25CP.png
    (Naoki) “I got something for you, Ms. Douglas!”
    (Rose) “For me?? Oh no, you didn't have to get me anything...”
    (Naoki) “Please accept it! I made it myself.”

PUcqxEo.png
    Rose opened it and inside was a...

C1QP3Tq.png
    (Rose) “Wow Naoki... That’s a... Nice... What is it?”

cVOkO9U.png
    (Naoki) “It’s a wooden rose!!! Because your name's Rose! See???”

Yeah, we totally don’t see that.

(Bryon) “I also got you something. It’s nothing much, but here.”
    (Rose) “A letter?”
    (Bryon) “Please read it. In silence, please.”

Rose smiled and started reading the letter, in herself. Okay, I’ll tell you whats in it.

oLOJcLV.png
    “Ms. Douglas. Words can’t describe how thankful I am that you were our home teacher. You’re really good in what you’re doing, so please keep that up. I also thank you for giving Beatrix the opportunity to go to the academy with us. No worries, I’ll be her father figure and watch out that nothing happens to her. We’ll stay in contact. Once again. Thank you for everything.”

kA1kzUS.png
    Rose started to tear up from happiness.

(Rose) “That’s so sweet of you, Bryon. I’ll never forget you or Naoki. Ohhh, I’m getting so emotional. I don’t want to say goodbye!”

zhcWOHM.png
    (Bryon) “It’s not a goodbye, Ms. Douglas. It’s never a goodbye.”
    (Jess) “I agree with Bryon. You’re always going to be remembered, Rose. You are a wonderful person and it was lovely to have you as my colleague.”

lVQiiZv.png
    (Rose) “Oh, I’m going to cry again! You’re all so sweet!”

And then, a big group hug followed. I'm not really into hugs, but for this once, okay. Somewhere further, Johnny and Jess were just staring at each other.

(Johnny) “What? You also wanted something from me?”
    (Jess) “You’re unbelievable, really. But no, I didn't really want something. I’ll be stuck with you for a while anyways”

1sj9vfk.png
    (Johnny) “Exactly!! Hey wait. Do you mean that you don't like having me around?”
    (Jess) I never said that.”
    (Johnny) “You’re thinking it”
    (Jess) “Nope, not at all”

Oh, those two...

WrUxJyQ.png
    (Eliza) “Before we say goodbye, I have to announce something too.

17ZJFt6.png
    (Eliza) “We’re holding a goodbye party here on Sunday and I’d like you to come. Rose and Jess, you can bring your families over if you want to.”

8BRmFjP.png
    (Jess) “Should I...? My father can become... Really wild when it comes to parties...”

(Eliza) “It’s up to you which family members you bring! I just want to have a nice goodbye party since you wont see tour family for a while. At least not in person”

(Jess) “I get it. I’ll think about it. Thanks for the invitation!”
    (Rose) “I’ll immediately tell my wife and daughters about this!! Well then, see you all on Sunday!!”

Behind the scenes
    Zjou0Ro.png
    Roxanne doesn't know what to do. Isaius and Gabbie both have been telling different stories. One of them is lying. But who...?

ljn6vTB.png
    Stubborn as she is, Roxanne decided to figure it out on her own. When nobody was around, Roxanne entered Isaius’ basement. Gabbie told something about Bryon’s mother being there. “She’ll have answers”, Roxanne thought.

DCWVkNP.png
    She bumped into a door. “What’s behind here?”, she thought. She tried opening the door. Locked. “What could be a good spell for opening doors...? Alohomora? This is no Harry Potter, but I could try, right?”

“Alohomora!”

OOzli3z.png
    And yes, the door unlocked. Roxanne opened it, but what she found...

M4GOoxx.png
    She immediately knew who was in front of her, and it didn't look good. Oh no. Gabbie told the truth.

(Randi) “... Who are you?”
    (Roxanne) “Ehm. I’m Roxanne... I...”
    (Randi) “Does Isaius know that you’re here?”

QcMA5yJ.png
    (Isaius) “No worries, Randi. Of course I knew she was here. She’s my helper after all!”

Oh no.

VId9qWF.png
    (Isaius) “Well, this was a nice first meeting, but I have to borrow Roxanne for something else. Goodbye, ladies”

Roxanne didn't really had a choice. She had to follow Isaius.

ExtWvkC.png
    You could just get a glimpse of Randi screaming right before the door closed.

(Randi) “No, Isaius!!! Don’t do anything to her!!! ISAIUS!!”

What's she talking about...? I’m scared...

qcIyCcS.png
    (Isaius) “I’m disappointed in you, Roxanne. You shouldn’t have done that...”

MwIOEZK.png
    (Isaius) “I really thought I could trust you... Just like those three airheads”
    (Roxanne) “What?”

kcn8Oug.png
    (Isaius) “You think I’m keeping them with me because they’re smart, right? They just listen to everything I say. That’s why I’m keeping them around. They don’t ask questions. They just do it."

vm1aMul.png
    (Isaius) "I'm so sorry, Roxanne... Oh... such a waste... You have a beautiful face and now it’s going to waste...”
    (Isaius) “Well, actually I’m not sorry”
    (Roxanne) "What are you going to -"

yKb4svq.png
    - poof -

FMoKxtX.png
    Everything was suddenly so small. What did he do to me?

nMbkBjN.png
    Isaius came over to me and picked me up. I could see a glimpse of myself in the window. What...

KtlPcFI.png
    (Isaius) “From now on, your name is Roo, and you’re my new pet”
    edited February 2021
    @Skeilah
    Those gifts were really sweet <3 Rose has such good students. I think I'll put Bryon and Naoki in my main save and then she can have them over for dinner sometime (though Beatrix will still be her child self there haha) I'm looking forward to the party - my whole cute family is going to be there! And Naoki is going to love Isla! Isla loves talking to strangers haha. Also very sweet of Bryon to act as a father figure to Beatrix while she is away with them.

Ok, the behind the scenes stuff. So intense. First, that room that Randi and Isaius' wife are staying in...nice touches. At least he gave them a toilet. Randi looks clean so I'm guessing there's a shower as well. Still rough. Even worse when you come out to Isaius' throne where he watches them suffer :( And now Roxanne has been silenced as a cat, though I wonder if she'll still be able to help and communicate to bring down Isaius. Looking forward to more!

Also I almost forgot to add - 'Alohomora' actually working was hilarious :D
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited February 2021
    February - Day 26: Sit in the Unknown, as you prepare to Awaken."

NE5MmvC.png

Notes
    BawiG1Q.png
    Friday after school Essa took another trip to Glimmerbrook and closed the deal for the lot. She'd signed so many documents her hand began to cramp, but it was done. She was now officially the proud owner of a 2 acre lot of land. With a hug of congratulations Caroline asked Essa if she'd like to go have a drink with her to celebrate at The Elixirs and Brews Bar. She thought that was a fantastic idea. Since it was just around the corner from Caroline's office and a beautiful day, they walked there.

L7j03cf.png
    Inside, the bartender with a purple and red mohawk hairstyle, was showing off his skill with bottle tricks while tending to a few patrons.
    (How cool is that?)

NNd4GYc.png
    "So what's good here? Do they have a specialty drink? I'd love to try something new. So far I've had one kind in my life, something called a Zesty Zebra."
    "Oh yes, they do indeed! It's called the Spellbinder and positively yummy!"
    "Okay, bartender? Two Spellbinders please, I'm buying!"
    "Why thank you dear, that's very sweet of you!"

0I7xZ1q.png
    "Oh great, she's here and she doesn't look happy. Watch out Ladies, when L's had a bad day, everybody has a bad day." Said the bartender in a quiet voice.
    "Who is she?" Essa whispered.
    "L. Faba, the Mischief Magic Sage."

OL0TaLC.png
    "Hello, mind if I sit here?"
    "We don't..."
    "Mind over matter, you don't mind, but it doesn't matter because I'm already sitting. Imagine that."

(Wow, even grumpy, she's beautiful!)

5XK0Meb.png
    *sigh* "Not without a bit of glamour these days. But at least the girls are still spectacular."
    Caroline: (What is she talking about?)
    (She can read my mind too? Must be a Sage thing.)
    Curly Blond: (I don't like that woman.)

qqn791o.png
    "Of course it's a 'Sage thing,' not everyone has that ability. Only those born with it."
    "It's a good thing you can't read mine. I doubt you'd be able to handle it, or understand how I feel."

0MRiBDN.png
    "Maybe not, but I can sense things. Like, I know you're cold and wish you hadn't worn that dress today. But you put up with it anyway instead of changing to something warmer because it does show of your 'girls'."
    (She read my mind! Only Simeon and Morgyn have ever been able to read my thoughts.)
    L. Faba got up from her seat and slowly started walking toward the door, it looked like she was leaving.

HKEB5l1.png
    She didn't leave though, she stopped and stood behind Essa with an expression of astonishment on her face.

"Oh wouldn't it be wonderful to know what people are thinking. I'd love to know what my wife is thinking some times. Like, why did she turn that nice man into a gnome the other day. He was just walking down the sidewalk and, 'ZAP!' Gnome. When I asked, she said, 'Oh no reason, just because I can.' But there had to be a real reason, right?"
    Curly Blond: "Maybe she just didn't like the way he looked at her or something."
    "Maybe." *sigh*
    (Who is she? Where did she come from? Is she here to learn the craft? Clearly she has powers she knows nothing about. I have to find out.)

sPDM4wc.png
    L. decided she'd rather be warm than vain and used a spell to change her clothes. No one else seemed to notice or care. They had probably seen things like this happen all the time in the land of magic. Essa didn't see it happen though since L. was still standing behind her.

"What's your name child? Are you from around here?"
    "Essa Ellington, and no, I'm not. But I will be soon. I just bought the Glimmerbrook Watch lot and I'll be living there as soon as my new house is built."

8Djhb0J.png
    "You should see the house plans. Essa's going to have such a cute little house. It looks very cozy and magical. I love it!"
    "Thanks, a couple of my friends helped me with the design. They said if I'm going to live in a place famous for magic, my house should look the part. I wasn't sure about that at first. But once I saw it? I knew it would be perfect. I can't wait to move in once it's finished."
    (Essa, where have I heard that name before? Oh yes, Simeon. The girl with the eyes of her Mother. She's come home. Though I don't think she knows that yet.)

0GCJMyr.png
    (Essa, you were born to magic. It's part of who you are. You heard the Portal, didn't you?)
    (Born to magic? What is she talking about? She's crazy!)

YMfp4YW.png
    (Don't try to fight it, embrace it, open your mind and your heart. I can help you learn how to control it, to use your powers and become the powerful Spellcaster you were meant to be.)
    (What powers? I don't have any powers? I'm just me, nothing special here.)

DXv6yTY.png
    (Then why can you hear me in your mind? Why can you read mine? Nobody except the most powerful Spellcasters in the world can read the mind of a Sage.)
    (Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! You're giving me a headache.)

QdpGIOG.png
    (What if I don't want to be some kind of powerful Spellcaster? What if I just want to live my life how I want? I just want a pretty house, a garden, maybe a pool or something and live the rest of my life with the guy I love.)

SQvQqSX.png
    (You don't have a choice Essa, it's a gift, it's in your blood. You can't deny it.)
    (I don't want to hear anymore about this magic stuff right now, okay? Just leave me alone so I can celebrate with my friend.)

ffimb7u.png
    (Alright, but think about it. When you're ready to face your destiny, come visit us in the Magic Realm. You know how to get there. Simeon, Morgyn and I will be there waiting for you.)
    "Bye everyone, enjoy the rest of your evening."
    "Oh, you're still here? Goodbye dear, it was nice to see you again.)

*Poof*
    "Is she gone?"
    "Yes, back to the Realm I would imagine. She's a very busy Sage. So many want to learn Mischief magic these days. It's a shame. If I could learn the craft, I'd much prefer Practical Magic. Imagine, with the flick of your wrist or the wave of wand you could repair anything, clean anything, have an instant delicious meal at your finger tips, any plant you desire appear in the ground before your feet and oh, just so much more."
    "That does sound handy, I guess."
    "I should be going now though, it's a long drive back to Windenburg and I have a lot to do before I move here."
    "I understand dear, let me walk you to your car."

YsiJL8o.png
    "Thank you for everything Caroline. I have a feeling you and I are going to be very good friends. At least I hope so."

4Udm0yx.png
    "I know so, Congratulations again Essa. I hope all your dreams come true here."
    "Thank you, I do too. I'll see you soon. Moving day is coming up quick."
    "Goodbye for now dear."
    "Bye Caroline."

Essa drove away with much more on her mind that she ever expected. The encounter with L. Faba had shaken her up more than she'd care to admit. Most of all, what did the Sage mean when she said Essa was born to magic? How could she know something like that? Was it a Sage thing again?

Essa tried to put aside these thoughts for another time. She had too many other things that needed her attention for now. Chief among them, the Farewell NYE Party she had planned for tomorrow night. She had the rest of her life to think about all this Spellcaster nonsense.

BONUS:
    h7iYG0j.png
    Worked a bit on Essa's house in Glimmerbrook. It's basically just a shell at the moment, but the exterior is getting there and has a teeny tiny bit of landscaping. I'll show more screenshots or perhaps do an Imgur slideshow when it's finished. I don't know why, but I always seem to do the outside first and then the inside when building. Anybody else build like that?

vQIUF5H.png
    And the mystery continues! While Essa was out jogging just before and bit after sunset, she ran by these three rocks again and I noticed the snow surrounding them is glowing a light blueish teal color. Have they always done that? I've seen these rocks many times, but never saw them lit up like this before. Obviously the Devs put lights in or under them to highlight them, but...why? Just because they're cool? Or? Hmmm... I prefer to believe/pretend they're actually some kind of ancient portal (perhaps left behind by alien visitors?) or the remnants of a place where spiritual rituals or something were held in the past. Fun to speculate what they could be anyway.

Whew! Just made it! Very busy day here today, didn't think I was going to make it on time. Anyway, I'll be back asap with replies and comments. Have a great rest of your evening! <3
    @Hermitgirl
    Aww, but Archie's cute too! Either way, I'm guessing he'll be adorable. :) Oh wow, that's a very cool reward for completing Scouting! I love stuff like that too. I'll definitely try to complete Scouting now. If not with Essa, at least one of my other teens. Thanks for the info!

You're welcome, hearing that from you and others makes me happy. I'm learning a lot of stuff I never knew as well. :)

Damon has it bad for Essa. You'd think he'd have given up by now, but nope. Hopefully once she's moved away and isn't in the club anymore, he'll simmer down. Oh gosh, that red beard annoys me so much! Whenever the 'real' Father Winter doesn't show up, all the imposters have a red beard for some reason. It's weird! o.O I had fun picking out gifts for Essa's friends and trying to match them with their traits.

@AnnoyingTiger
    His beard is red because he's an imposter. :D Thanks, I think so too! :) It's to the left of the tree, over in a corner by the swamp. It has to be right season though or you won't see them, they'll just be dirt piles. I think the prank call came with the Eco Living pack. All Sims can get it, not just teens. Makes sense you'd want Astrid the focus of your daily post pic. :)

Aha! I see in your latest update Astrid did find the mushroom fairy ring in Sylvan Glades, cool! So funny how Sims breath fire from eating spicy food, I love it! Looks like she's trying to gain some fitness skills. Good for her! Fun update!

@lilypadmeulin
    I haven't used any of the 'brag about' or 'show off' social topics for my Sims. How did Sachiko react to it? Oh yeah, Queen + Adam Lambert have been on many tours together and been the featured group for NYE shows/specials. Are you or were you a Glambert? Just curious. :) Ah, okay.

It's definitely because you gave him a wife. If you do anything with special NPC Sims, they lose their special jobs. Like marry them, put them in a house or play them, etc. I took another look in my household inventory and even though I saw him before in there, Father Winter was missing. I went in another save and put a copy of him in my library to put in Essa's save. Hopefully the next time she celebrates Winterfest, it'll be the 'real' Father Winter now. She must've done something really bad. I can't imagine any reason why I'd kick my own children out unless they were old enough to have a job or go to college and wouldn't do either, just freeloading off Mom and Dad or something.

@permanentrose
    Aww, poor Jules. :( I don't think she knew what to do with herself at first, jumping from one activity to the next. I guess she was just trying to keep her mind occupied so she didn't think too much about Mario and start crying again. What a cute little kitten! Love it's name too, ZuZu! Adorable. Not surprised Bex locked her out of the basement. Even though she's been down there before, it's still top secret stuff. How'd the snowball fight go? Whenever I've had my Sims try it, it goes SO slow and they just stand around between throwing snowballs. Not very lively at all. Anyway, I hope things get better for her after her second day off.

I was very happy it turned out she'd be able to spend Winterfest with Molly and Damon, and NYE tomorrow! Would've been even better if NYE happened on Sunday, then she'd start a brand new year in Glimmberbrook. Oh well... Yeah, Damon is so in love with her. Poor guy! I'm hoping things simmer down with him though once Essa moves away. Out of sight out of mind hopefully instead of absence makes the heart grow fonder. ;) I don't know how useful a microscope will be in Glimmerbrook, but maybe for something. :D I'm tempted to just sell it, but she's loaded and doesn't need the money.

Josh comes over allllll the time! Mostly he just talks to her plants, and does research on them. But sometimes I'll let him come in when she's not there. In that case he does the normal stuff Sims do when left to their own devices. Drink water, read books, take out the trash, play video games, shovel snow. LOL Sometimes I let him come in when she's there though and they have some fun together playing video games, having a meal, etc. But then usually send him home since he's not supposed to be there. LOL That screenie though was the first time he's ever come over that late, it was 3 a.m. That's unheard of for regular Sim visits, usually it's only vampires who come over that time of the night/day. I think he just misses spending time with her. Such a sweetheart!

@Kanindota
    Day 49 - Glad to read the girls have toned downed checking on River. Cool he's friends with Wolfgang too. And he's a Scout too, like a few other teens in the challenge. Clearly I need to check out the Scouts feature at some point. :)

Day 50 - Actdeling! I love it! Fun made up word. hehe So weird seeing his eyes open that wide, and seeing him with hair! His hashtags are hilarious! :D

Day 51 - The SimLit was fantastic, made me laugh so hard! :D Who knew autographs went up that much when a celebrity dies. I knew they went up, but not THAT much. Wow! o.O The second girlfriend thing was hilarious too! LOL

Oh no! I've never done that, yet. I delete a lot of screenshots too, though I save more than I delete. I have tons of room on my hard drive, so it's no biggie. I don't blame you for thinking he might stick around and just sell tons of Dirk's autographs for quick cash. :D

@Skeilah
    Thanks, I love it too! The only way I could get that was by quickly pausing at the end of one of their group dances. I'm not sure if I'll use that one for the group shot or one of the dance screenshots.

Yes Brytani is VERY different in your save. She's nicer! ;) Good luck with building the academy! I'm thinking I might just find a Headquarters build on the Gallery to use. It's still the default one, haven't bothered to do any updates. We'll see if I have enough time to do that. Probably take most of my time on Sunday just finishing her house build.

Thanks, I don't know what made me do the mind reading thing, it just seemed appropriate for some reason they'd be able to do that. :D

I'm very surprised about Isaius's story, but just like you, I love it! The poor guy did have his life stolen through no fault of his own. Can't help but feel bad for him, it was a wonderful twist on the story!

Windenburg hasn't been all bad for her. She's a Loves Outdoors Sim, so living in the beautiful Windenburg countryside was a good thing, plus she had fun with her club and made some great friends too. I'd want a memory of that too. :) HAHA I know right? That's why I said she broke one. It just makes sense the way they toss those things around. I hope you get a TON of aspirations completed! Good luck!

Why are you laughing at the text warning? Because I ALWAYS write a lot of text? :D I was confused when you said she 'bombed' the turkey. I thought you meant it turned out bad at first until I read about you were hungry in her place. When somebody says they 'bombed' something here, it means they did badly at whatever it was. :D Yeah, poor vamp, he's head over heels for her. It might've been fun having her stay with Molly and Damon for awhile, but I just want to get her to Glimmerbrook and start going!

Plus, there's the Damon thing. I might've had to write something happening between those two and I'm seriously not into that kind of drama at the moment. Let's let Essa and Josh be happy together. At least for awhile or forever, who knows! ;) That Father Winter is an imposter. I thought I had the real one in that save, but nope. He was missing. I put a copy of him back in the save though. She should get the real one next Winterfest. Oh yeah, Josh. He's always there! Just didn't expect to see him at 3 a.m.! Never had a Sim come to visit that late, ever! o.O

I knew he'd start questioning stuff at some point, no worries it took awhile. You do have a lot going on in your story. Ohhhh, I see. He took the recipe and they couldn't figure out how to recreate it. Gotcha!

Aww, Naoki made her a carved Rose, how sweet! The look on her face though was priceless, 'What is it?' LOL Very sweet letter from Bryon to her. The exchange between Jess and Johnny was hilarious! He's so clueless. Very cool they're holding a Goodbye party for them on Sunday. Should be fun.

I figured Roxanne would check out if Bryon's Mom really was there. Too bad she got caught. o.O And uh...turned into a cat! I wonder if she can talk like that or just meow. Might freak out Gabbie if she could talk though. LOL Annnnd, yet another brilliant twist with that. Didn't think she'd get caught, but I should've known better. :D
    @permanentrose So you just save as and start on the new save? Most of my sims share the same last name but they are all in different saves. Would be cool to get them all together lol Glad you're enjoying the pictures ^-^)

@Skeilah It's a pretty cool hairstyle c: And she did her best, only fell once but she certainly felt it haha. I wish you could build a cabin in Sylvan Glade, such a peaceful and beautiful place.

Aww, he made her a rose, that's so sweet! I DID NOT EXPECT THAT TWIST HE TURNED HER INTO A CAT I GHSGNJKSFD

@Karababy52 what a beautiful house <3 And oo things are getting spicy. She's got the spellcaster blood, aye? How interesting!

Imposter santa?? *GASP* It came with Eco? I figured it woulda came with the parenthood pack, that's interesting. And yeah, finally sent her into the tree and found it, thought of you and had to take a pic of it hehe
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
    edited February 2021
    Update 58 - Just passing the time

0TCjht9.jpg
    Oh look, a short little update for once, because, as the title suggests, both Jules and I are just passing time with an extra day I didn't have specific plans for ;)

Jules was feeling a bit better that morning, and the mansion offered her plenty to do.

CEIV7J5.png
    DGqgBvv.png
    DgpE2DW.jpg

Jules swam some laps for a bit in Bex's indoor pool.
    x7V4X7b.jpg

She showered after her swim and then went to get some left over pizza from the fridge, and decided to bring it up to her bedroom (totally an autonomous choice, though I think it was because the kitten was there).

"Eating pizza in bed, no one can stop me!"
    OjBk8dp.png

Before she fell asleep, she saw she had a text message from Bex.

Hey, I'm gonna be stuck at work until tomorrow afternoon - some complications I can't talk about. But don't worry, everything is fine, just wanted to let you know I won't be home tonight. You'd better go to school tomorrow, or else you'll be in trouble young lady!

Whatever, Jules thought, but she set her alarm for 7am anyway. It probably was about time that she started facing real life again.
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    @AnnoyingTiger
    Another great update! Interacting with ghosts can be fun - one of Jules' first friends was an alien ghost whose urn I left on her lot by mistake before she moved in haha. Your aspiration seems to be going well, and Astrid seems to be making a lot of friends!

And to answer your question about my gameplay style - I honestly only have two saves, and they are essentially the same save haha. This is the first challenge I've ever played, and I started playing it as part of my main save, but then I made a copy of it since I didn't want to miss any of Jules' days by playing other families. So essentially they are just two parallel universe saves, though I think I would make a copy of it again if I ever decided to play another challenge. I just can't seem to get invested in gameplay without my main save

@Karababy52
    Wow, what an eventful visit to Glimmerbrook for Essa! So mind reading is a thing that spellcasters can do? I'm gonna learn so much this month about this pack lol. I still totally think Caroline is the cutest, I totally have a crush on her HAHA. Also you gave L. Faba, well, a fabulous makeover haha. I've seen what she looks like on the forums and I like your version much better :) The house you made is perfect too! Such a cozy magical old fashioned feel to it! I'm excited to see what you do with the inside. I tend to get the outside of my homes done before doing the inside as well, though sometimes if I get stuck or frustrated with an outside part, I'll work on the inside then come back to it later.

Are those stones in Windenburg or Glimmerbrook? Super gorgeous picture.

Also to answer your question, no one won the snow ball fight because I got bored watching them barely move so I just got a few good screenshots then canceled it :D
    February 27
    fWDaR1S.png

Bryons Diary
    Naoki told me to stay in our room for the time being. He had some kind of surprise for me. Ugh, I still don’t like surprises, but okay. I stayed in our room just as he asked... Trying out a new hobby. Let me say you this, I’m not good at it.

XDclbWJ.png
    (Naoki) “I’m done- hehehe, what are you doing? Knitting?”

WDfWPeT.png
    (Bryon) “Don’t laugh. I'm really struggling -“

Then I looked up.

YitAMrH.png
    (Bryon) "-Here..."

Naoki was wearing a suit. He looked super handsome. I suddenly didn’t knew what to say anymore.

zc2yHbG.png
    But well, you could say that I liked what I saw.

ArUb0HQ.png
    (Bryon) “Why so fancy?”
    (Naoki) “You better get dressed too! For this surprise, I want you as handsome as possible.”

AmFsBGE.png
    Before he walked out again, he said:

(Naoki) “You can only come out when you’re looking good!”

And with that, he left the room.

4Lo2mhS.png
    So... I have to look as handsome as possible? Challenge accepted.

WpkzzPI.png
    (Bryon) “I’m done”

kon6J5d.png
    (Naoki) “You look… So good… I mean...”

KvPhlrd.png
    He took my hand and gave it a kiss.

(Naoki) "You are beautiful."

BAqDiN0.png
    (Naoki) “Are you ready for the surprise?”
    (Bryon) “No”
    (Naoki) “Really…?”
    (Bryon) “Just joking. Of course I’m ready”

0aENbUB.png
    And then Johnny appeared, dressed as a butler. Of course he’s in this too.

(Johnny) “Welcome to restaurant Flex. What can I do for you?”
    (Naoki) “I reserved a table for two. Naoki Saito”
    (Johnny) “Ah yes, indeed. Follow me.”

What on earth…

clv0H0U.png
    (Johnny) “Here’s the menu. Please let me know when you made your decision”
    (Naoki) “Thank you!”

DSY48IH.png
    Johnny walks away.

(Bryon) “What’s the meaning of this?”
    (Naoki) “I’m taking you on a date in a restaurant!!”

UyKgJsH.png
    (Bryon) “You really went through all this trouble… Just to take me on a date?”

tPspi3y.png
    (Naoki) “Well yeah, we haven’t really had the chance to go out, given the circumstances we’re in… But sometimes I just really want to show you how much you mean to me”

RYuQj1W.png
    Hehe. That’s so sweet. A little smile popped up on my face.

(Bryon) "I don't deserve you, really."
    (Naoki) "Why not?"

uB5gIQO.png
    (Bryon) “I’m not really the best boyfriend, am I? I don’t think I’ve ever done something for you in return…”
    (Naoki) “I know that you’re not as clingy as me, and that’s fine, really. Do you like this?”

FwUlfOC.png
    (Bryon) “I love it. And I love you too, Naoki. Thank you so much.”

Naoki blushed as he smiled. I love that smile so much. It’s one of the things that made me fall for him.

WFAmh9C.png
    (Naoki) “Have you decided what you want already?”
    (Bryon) “Heh. You.”

More blushing.

(Naoki) “You’ll have to wait for that until dessert, Bryon.”

That'll be one hot dessert, then... But that's a private matter which will not be photographed. Hehehehe.

Behind the scenes
    BQuXute.png
    (Roo) “Turn me back!!”
    (Isaius) “Can’t do that, Roo.”
    (Roo) “It’s Roxanne, not Roo!”
    (Isaius) “Did you forget already? You’re my new pet from now on.”

s26ifUA.png
    (Roo) “I refuse”
    (Isaius) “You refuse? Are you sure about that?”
    (Roo) “Yes!”
    (Isaius) “You’ll regret this, Roo.”

nK3NFSo.png
    (Roo) “It's Roxanne!!!!!!”

649xJ3r.png
    (Isaius) Have a nice life in the wilderness, Roo.”

What does that mean?

2l4pS8u.png
    The next moment, I’m somewhere outside. I’m still a cat, but it looks like he really let me go! Someone, help me!!

FJg3pQN.png
    (Roo) “Meow!!”

Meow? Did I just… Meow? Where’s my voice?

6EXea0b.png
    (Roo) “Meow!!!!”

No… He took my voice… It’s just like I’m a stray cat now… NO!!!!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Day 26 and 27
    Late to posting again so posting for two days!
    SdpVxet.png
    jSxpk11.png
    So little guys.... you show up no matter what we do huh?
    BkCuWuW.png
    We like it here!
    CuSQ3ei.png
    We'll be with you forever, and ever, and ever!

The next day..... Pick your picture for day 27 (I like the shark one best).
    HLpuU8k.png
    I'm starting to hate it here. Every night we get scared, have to clean up... and those things aren't leaving! I love my house but grrrr. I'm about to go over the edge.
    z1RlsOp.png
    *Insert random badly dressed townie barging in*
    uMaLPq2.png
    That's it ... we are outta here!

I have to catch up on posting to everyone too!

egTcBMc.png
    @Skeilah
    That day was way too cute, I'm melting! Both Naoki and Bryon looked adorable in their formal wear, and I liked Johnny's butler/waiter outfit. Good poses too! Poor Bryon for feeling like he's not romantic enough, but Naoki is just so happy and cheerful and ready to be romantic enough for the both of them. I love these little romantic moments. They are such a sweet couple.

Oh no, poor Roxanne/Roo :( Isaius just continues to get worse and worse. I'm sure Gabbie will realize Roxanne is missing though and maybe they can all start getting to the bottom of this...

@Hermitgirl
    Great photos! The shark one is great :D I love how Roxanne is always just like, okay, I'm fed up with all this, time to move on. It's a great and simple way to get her to move each month though, and very in character for her. I do feel like Roxanne is definitely the kind of girl who would just ditch everything and leave whenever the whim hit her. Will Archibald and Grimmie be joining her in Glimmerbrook or will they be staying behind in Windenburg in the haunted house?
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,908 Member
    Hi :)

Something happened yesterday.. ah well for my timezone day before yesterday :):)

I was organizing pictured to folders to post to imgur... I was meant to delete the "allready posted" folder..
    Instead I deleted the folder what was not at imgur yet. DUH!!!

AND I do not mean regular delete and find those at recycle bin.. I mean real shift+del deletation :(

So .. all my February pictures are now at bit space, except these few I was not going to even post.

SO, Melody and Malcolm both managed to fill the first two stages of OR aspiration, pics I have left are the ones I was not gonna include at all..

is6eXFZ.png
    DkY3tlJ.png
    They managed at the hermit's cabin.
    gIcXt6E.png
    But as the actual Hermit was not spawned , thanks to myself ( I select what mods to use) , They fished..

Exiting, right???

gZg3zL3.png
    They had good time at camping, oh they did collect all the plants!

qTDUOBz.png
    Back at home , training to the drama club!

And that is it.. all I have..

Oh her parents has some unfinished business tho...
    EUPSXB0.png
    US2blYt.jpg

More of that.. later..

So.. that means I will post an update at tomorrow, when she is allready living at Glimmerbrook.

Sneak peaks.. as we all do makeovers at our sages.. :)
    9Kl8KeE.png
    Dbvp4Kj.png
    So.. Simeon and Morgyn...
    kYaonTB.png
    Oh.. L..
    oxulZ6F.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    edited February 2021
    February - Day 27: Farewell NYE Party

sqVVyTx.png

Notes
    hsN24c9.png
    "Hey Girlfriend! Happy New Year's Eve! Nice spread! Love the photos!"
    "Hey Molly, thanks and Happy New Year's Eve to you too!"

MLJFaq8.png
    "Hey Damon, my favorite Hot Shot Vamp! Happy New Year's Eve! Are you hungry? For food, I mean...oh nevermind. Grab a plate and have a seat. Not much time until the ball drops."
    "Essa, you're my favorite too. Happy New Year's Eve! I could eat, sure, smells good."
    (How can I let you go without ever knowing what could be?)

FZiTOv5.png
    "Hey everybody, thanks for coming! Happy New Year's Eve!"
    "Hey Essa, Happy New Year's Eve to you too! This food looks amazing!" Said Willow.
    "Thanks! My boyfriend taught me all the recipes. He's a Master Chef. I hope I've done them justice!"
    (Of course he's a Master Chef. What is he, some kind of Superman?)
    (You're jealous.)
    (Yeah, I am. I admit it.)

73toR2D.png
    (Just keep smiling.)

Everyone enjoyed the delicious dishes Essa had made and had a great time telling stories and chatting amongst themselves.

Essa was a bit subdued. She was missing Josh and it hurt he couldn't be there. Adam was giving a concert for a NYE party and of course Josh had to be there to sing with him. She understood, but it didn't make it any easier. Things were so much better in her life, Lander was dead, she had real friends for the first time ever, she was moving, she had money thanks to her garden.

But that wasn't all that was on her mind. She couldn't stop thinking about what the Sage of Mischief Magic had said in her mind. Yeah, that part was freaky too. She'd never known who her Father was, so she guessed maybe he was a Spellcaster if she supposedly had magic in her blood. Her Mother certainly wasn't one. Otherwise, they wouldn't have lived on the street with no money. And she certainly wouldn't have done what she did to ruin Essa's life.

One thing she knew for sure, she needed to visit the Magic Realm and find Simeon. He seemed to know more than the other two Sages. Hopefully he'd tell her everything he knew about her Mother. Maybe he even knew her Father too. She wondered what he was like, what he looked like, if she looked like him. So many questions.

45NAtz9.png
    "Earth to Essa! Hello! Hello!?"
    "Oh! I'm sorry, did you say something Kira? I don't mean to be so distracted. Just a lot on my mind right now, with the move and everything."
    "Oh it's cool! I get it, no worries. I was just wondering if you had anymore of this delicious cake! I can't seem to get enough!"
    Everyone else seconded and thirded the desire for more cake, except Damon. He hadn't yet finished the first piece he'd taken.
    "I just happen to have another one upstairs in the fridge. I'll go get it."
    "Yay! Thank you!"
    "Do you need any help?" Carter asked.
    "Nah, I'm good. Thanks though. Be right back everyone."

pbFV59t.png
    Essa retrieved the cake and delivered it to the banquet table. Everyone cheered and dug in for another piece. It seemed all they wanted to do tonight was eat. Much different than their previous gatherings when all anyone wanted to do was dance.

She tried to get everyone's attention to let them know it was almost Midnight and the beginning of a New Year, but they were too busy stuffing their mouths. She watched the New Year arrive all by herself with her friends chatting and eating behind her.

sWs7WQn.png
    (Happy New Year Josh! I love you, I miss you! I hope you're having fun, but...missing me too.)
    (You know he is, he loves you.)

B4o7PPT.png
    She went into one of the restrooms behind the bar area to wash some frosting off her hands and stood staring in the mirror, again lost in thought about everything happening in her life. When she exited the restroom, Damon was standing there waiting for her.

DFpjWUg.png
    "You're looking very beautiful tonight Essa. Happy New Year!"
    "Happy New Year Damon and thank you!"

LhpuYrL.png
    "Where's your boyfriend tonight?"
    "Oh he's singing with Adam at an NYE party."

HSgamwr.png
    "That's too bad. He's not here to give you the first kiss of the New Year you deserve."
    "But I'm here. You want me to kiss you, don't you?"

T7VHVIE.png
    "Yes, Damon. Kiss me. I want you."
    "Oh Gawd, yes, I want to kiss you too, so dang bad and so much more. I love you, my beautiful blue-eyed girl."
    (I'm sorry...you were meant for me, not him.)

q9vmKhK.png
    wzQ4rSo.png

2xFfSl8.png
    (Good, no Molly looking for us, nobody saw or heard a thing. Yes!)

LAKNQkc.png
    Damon left Essa in a daze in front of the closet and quickly went back to the party room. He'd broken his promise to Molly and used his powers to take what he wanted from her. He told himself it was just this once. Maybe now he could let her go and wouldn't always wonder what it would be like to be with her. Would it be enough? The big question was, would she remember after the spell wore off? He hoped not. It did bother him though she wouldn't remember just how good it was between them and how much he loved her.

Txs7vj7.png
    Essa stumbled over to the mirror and stood there staring at herself, completely unaware of what had just happened...time would tell if she ever did remember.

F0MnqNw.png

z8RSIes.png
    (What's with the look on Damon's face? He looks like he just got away with murder or something.)

tylKxot.png
    (What did you do Damon? I know you. I'll find out. You can't hide anything from me.)
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my Day 27 Daily Post - Again, I apologize for being so behind with this. I have Day 28 screenshots already, just need to sort through them and write the text. I'll start on replying and commenting on your fabulous posts next. Hopefully I'll be able to post them before Hubby gets up and I need to get some sleep. Hope y'all have a great Sunday! *Hugs* <3
    @permanentrose She's living the life! :D So much fun stuff to keep her time occupied.

See, that's why I'm scared to do the same save, I don't like the thought of my sims going off and doing their own things ;_;) They can't be trusted! Maybe it would keep me invested, though...

@Skeilah Awww, that's so sweet! They're both so precious. Poor Rox, though :(

@Hermitgirl That is such an awesome picture, there's so much happening xD

@Ellupelluellu Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that D: Maybe you should send them to the recycle bin from now on to avoid this again?

They look like they had a good time together, though, so that's good! Making over the sages seems to be a popular thing, huh? Is it bad I like them as is? lol

@Karababy52 Oooo, it's getting spicy! I was wondering if he was going to take a shot or not, I wonder what drama this will cause.

No need to apologize, don't push yourself too hard and get some rest <3
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
    @AnnoyingTiger
    Thank you! I'm loving it so far, especially the roof! Rooves are my enemy. :D Yes, apparently she does. Whether from her Mother or Father remains to be seen, and who is/was her Father. I guess it could've come with the Parenthood pack, but I've never seen before until after that pack was released. Yay for finding the mushroom circle! I wondered if perhaps you took that screenshot with our conversation in mind. :D

Congrats to Astrid for completing one of the Curator milestones! Is that Dirk Dreamer? Looks like he refused to give his autograph? Ooo, she met Duane Talla! Such a handsome Sim! I love the guy! :) Looks like he doesn't quite know what to think of Astrid. :D Who's the guy with the cheese hair? Oh she met Bjorn too, she's meeting lots of Sims on this day. :) Cool she met and befriended a ghost. Was she giving him props! And of course Pumpkin is looking cute as ever. Great update!

@permanentrose
    Looks like Jules had a full day of fun activities. I would totally eat pizza in bed if I were her too! Funny how Bex thinks she's her Mother telling her she better go to school. :D After I write up Day 28, I'll have some time on my hands as well with Essa. She'll just be in limbo though until I finish her house since I've already moved her there. She hasn't done anything yet though, just standing in the yard. :D

@Skeilah
    Oh my, Naoki you are looking fine! After Bryon changes he looks fabulous too! Such a cute couple and what a sweet surprise for Naoki to do for Bryon. Awww...I love these two! Totally meant for each other. <3 Love the romantic poses you have for them, touching hands, Bryon with his chin in his hands, etc. So sweet!

Ugh, dangit Isaius! Poor Roxanne lost in the wilderness now with no voice, just a meow! I'm proud of her though for trying to rebel against him. She should've known it wouldn't work though. Bummer. I hope she finds a way to get out of this predicament One thing I will say though is she makes a very beautiful cat! I don't think she much cares though. :D

@Hermitgirl
    "We love it here and are staying forever and ever." LOL Don't blame Roxanne for wanting to ditch the place. What's up with townies still barging in all the time? I thought they fixed that. I guess not. Sheesh! Love the screenshot of them all freaking out with the ghosties floating around the room. I'd say the shark screenshot is my favorite too! It looks like Roxanne was a bit upset when she painted that so it makes sense. She wants to sic Jaws on the ghosties. :D

@Ellupelluellu
    Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened to you! I'd cry if that ever happened to me. I was hoping you weren't going to say you were having a computer problem like SoulGal7 or something though. Whew! Still a bummer you lost all those lovely screenshots. :(

Congrats on collecting all the plants at least, that's good! No hermit? Why wouldn't you want a hermit? Mine used to be all elders, but now some of them have actually been YAs and gorgeous! At least the last time I was there which was quite a while ago. Oooo, Veera and Greg sparring or is it a duel? o.O Hmmm, wonder what they're up to. Could be a bit of uh, *cough* foreplay perhaps? ;)

Oh, wonderful sneak peeks of your Sages, they're gorgeous! Of course! Love your Magic HQ too! Did you build that or download it? Just curious... :)
    Update 59 - A unforeseen complication

9FVWjRj.png

Notes:
    Jules woke up well before her alarm, overcome with a horrible feeling of nausea and rushed to the bathroom.
    FlmS1m2.png

Ugh, that's the last time I eat pizza so late, she thought, but as another wave on nausea hit her, she felt an uneasy feeling settle in her stomach. It was just the pizza, right?

After she was sick again, she sat down on the edge of the bathtub, mulling over the possibilities and doing the necessary math in her head, her heart racing with dread.
    TbeLh7n.png

She scrambled to her feet and hurried into Bex's room, glad that her cousin still wasn't home. She entered Bex's bathroom and began sifting through her medicine cabinet, and found exactly what she was looking for - a stash of pregnancy tests.
    AyT1TBE.png

As she carried one back to her bathroom, she told herself she was being paranoid. Of course it would be negative...it had to be...

Please be negative, please be negative...
    rRPiXsQ.png

No....
    84kyvW7.png

Q8CMgCq.png

---

Bex returned in the early afternoon to an empty house. Good, Jules went to school, she thought as she went to the kitchen to grab a snack. Before reaching the fridge, she noticed a note on the counter. She picked it up and began to read.
    7R4aSQb.png

Hey, Bex,

I'm so sorry to tell you all this in a note, but I'm going to be going away for a little while. I don't really know how long I'll be gone yet, but I just need some space right now to figure things out. Please don't worry - I promise I'll be be fine. Can you tell Dell for me too, and let her know that I love her? Thank you for understanding.

Love,
    Jules

What? She fished for her phone in her pocket and found Jules' number.
    M9Q0PNb.png

Her concern grew as she heard a vibrating sound from across the counter. Jules' phone...
    nnzP1PU.png

She hurried up to Jules' room. Maybe this was all some kind of terrible joke, but as soon as she opened the door, she saw that Jules' few possessions were indeed gone. Letting out a sigh, she took her phone out once again to call Dell, a plan formulating in her mind - and she wasn't sure that Dell would like it.
    P1Kboeu.png

"Hey, Bex, what's up?" Dell answered cheerfully.
    O077dn0.png

"Well, I have some not so great news..." she explained the situation, trying her best not to cause any unnecessary concern.
    nPBbuun.png

"What do we do?" Dell pleaded, her voice suddenly thick with emotion. "How do we find her?"
    PCEIFQZ.png

"Well," Bex answered hesitantly. "I'm not sure we do...she is 18 after all, and clearly, she doesn't want to be found right now."

"But what if something's wrong! This isn't like her, to just cut off all ties and disappear!" Dell exclaimed. "How can we just ignore this?"
    Ezhzucy.png

"I know, I don't like it either," Bex answered. "But I feel like we might push her away more if we don't respect her wishes. I'll talk to some of her friends and see if they know anything else. And if she's gone for a while, I'll do what I can and take more drastic measures to track her down," Bex spoke, alluding to the technology her job provided. "But for now, I think we just wait."
    w2vn0Ul.png

"Okay," Dell sighed. "Thank you for calling. If she contacts you, let me know the minute she does."

"I will," Bex replied. "I promise."

---
    Okay, this pregnancy was totally a surprise and not part of my planned drama for once haha. This is what happens when my mods allow risky woohoo and teen pregnancy, so I guess I really shouldn't have been shocked. I was tempted to delete the pregnancy (a nice feature of MCCC to make it like it never happened haha), but I decided to go with what the game threw at me and I have come up with a way to make it all work out - all will be revealed shortly. Jules has actually been pregnant since mid February, but thanks to MCCC, I've had her pregnancy on pause in the not showing phase, so nothing thus far has been affected by it, minus some random bouts of nausea that I've just ignored. I just needed a little time to actually incorporate it into the storyline. So I hope you have enjoyed my little twist. :)
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,908 Member
    edited February 2021
    @AnnoyingTiger
    , I am usually very carefull what to delete, but I assume it had to happen eventually, but yes I have to delete those thru recycle bin from now on.
    And LOL, no, nothing bad at liking the sages as they are :smiley: I just am not a fan of their original looks , usually I replace at least L, if not all of them with my own :)
    Duane really does not "belong" in winter scenery , I always picture him at somewhere at Sulani beach :p Great pictures <3

@Karababy52
    , They need to be friends with the Hermit :smiley: That is one goal in that OR aspiration :) About Veera and Greg, I was not going to add those pics either , as I forgot to edit her dark from to match her look in this save. It was sparring tho.. they are not together in this save .. yet at least. Veera lives with Nik currently.
    Speaking of Nik... DAMON!!! WHYYY??? You act just like the version of you I have... I'll better dig your old man from dust soon :D

ETA: I only did tiny exterior reno and little bit of effects and decorations inside, added paranormal stuff, and those great effect machines from GF (sparkles coming from the roof)

@permanentrose
    , And bum.. pregnant! Jules will have interesting time ahead at that SE world :p I hope she buys a new phone tho..
    Post edited by Ellupelluellu on
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @AnnoyingTiger
    Haha, is that Jacques Villareal skating with her in a tank top? :D Looks like another productive day for Astrid, and do I sense a romance budding between Duane and Astrid? ;)

In my main save, I play rotationally, and my sims don't do anything much when I'm not actively playing their household. Sometimes I will see them out and about when playing another household, but their stories don't progress or anything. I just didn't want time to jump for my Jules' challenge in between playing sessions since I like to pick up on the same day I left off on, but when I play rotationally, I don't really care where I pick up.

@Karababy52
    AHHHHHH DAMON NO!!!! NOT GOOD!!! BAD VAMPIRE. His obsession with her has gone too far now, using his powers to make her do things against her will for his own pleasure. Poor Essa. If she ever finds out, she's not going to be happy....

Also to backtrack a little in your post, you set up Essa's melancholy mood well, with her missing Josh and mulling over those confusing feelings about the magic that might be in her blood and the secrets her mother obviously kept from her and all the mysteries surrounding her father. I can't remember - is her mother still alive? And I guess she actually has no idea about her father either, so potentially both her parents could be showing up at some point, that could be fun :)

As you have probably seen by now, my "just passing time" day was really just a lull as I waited for today since that's when all the drama really starts to unfold... ;)

@Ellupelluellu
    You still managed to get some good photos even though those aren't the ones that you meant to post. Greg and Veera are both so hot when they're angry. I'd love to see more of the both of them of course. And yes, my little pregnant Jules is on her way to Mt. Komorebi without a phone, to live on an off the grid lot, and essentially cut ties with everyone she knows....lol
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    February (Tuesday): Day 15: I'm Not Okay

the-bees-are-after-her.png
    The next morning when Sakura woke up, she just didn't want to go to school. In fact, she didn't want to do much of anything. The television broadcast from last night was still fresh in her mind and she just felt so sad. Kiyoshi and Kaori. Sakura just couldn't believe it. She figured that the strain of having a long-distance relationship had been too much for Kiyoshi and he got back together with Kaori. Kaori probably still had feelings for him, and they both had similar interests and were in close proximity with each other everyday. So, yes, Sakura could see how it had happened. And It hadn't been that long before Kiyoshi had met Sakura that he had broken up with Kaori. She remembered the picture of Kaori in Kiyoshi's room, but she also remembered how his room had looked when she had last seen it. Photos of her and Kiyoshi everywhere. It just didn't make sense. But to find out like she had...that was the worst part. Even if it was bad news, she would have preferred to hear it from Kiyoshi himself.
    i-feel-terrible.png
    the-night-after-quitting-paragons.png

Sakura thought back to the morning after her party and how she had felt when she looked at Wolfgang, and nearly thought of kissing him on the forehead and caressing his cheek. So, who knows, maybe something similar happened at the training camp, except maybe instead of just thinking about it, Kiyoshi and Kaori did kiss and realized that they wanted to be together. Sakura felt angry and sad all at the same time. Sakura thought about Kiyoshi and felt her eyes tear up again. She had cried so much last night that her heart hurt when she thought of Kiyoshi with someone else.

POURING-DOWN-RAIN-MON-AM.png

Sakura glanced out the window. It was raining, which kind of suited her mood. A ping sounded and Sakura glanced at her phone. There were several text messages from both Luna and Sofia that she hadn't answered. There was also one from last night from Wolfgang wondering if she wanted to hang-out. Sakura sighed. She just didn't want to talk or text anyone right now. Sakura looked outside again and decided to take a walk.

coming-home-from-school-she-falls-in-mud.png

And even her walk started off bad as she slipped and fell in a mud puddle. She got up and carried on, but with too much time to think, she soon ended up sadder than she was before.

sakura-is-in-terrible-shape.png
    sakura-still-cant-over-kiyoshi.png

She lay down on the ground and felt the rain on her face. She just wished that the rain could wash away all her pain. But it didn't, so she decided to return home.

sakura-lying-on-the-ground-watching-the-rain-in-a-thunderstirm.png

Since it was supposed to rain all day, Sakura decided she needed to work on her garden. She grabbed her raincoat and hat from a hook near the door and headed out again. Yes, even in the rain, she needed to tend her plants. As she harvested and talked to the plants, she didn't see someone running towards the house in the rain, without an umbrella.

running-towards-the-house-in-the-rain-with-no-umrella.png

sakura-what-are-you-doing-out-in-this-weather.png

Sergio: "Sakura! What are you doing out here?"

Sakura: "Oh Sergio, you startled me. I was just...um...watering my plants..."

Sergio: "Sakura, it's raining! And it's a thunderstorm! I think we better go inside."

i-decided-to-quit.png

Sakura: "Do you really want to talk to me? I mean, I am sure Siobhan told you what happened at the Paragons meeting last night, and that I am no longer a member of the Paragons Club."

i-hears-all-about-last-night-i-am-so-sorry.png

Sergio: "Yes, I heard, and and that's why I'm here. What happened last night with Siobhan should not have happened, and I'm sorry I wasn't there to intervene. Siobhan has been under a lot of work stress lately and I think she just took it out on you."

Sakura listened to Sergio: "But, Sergio, Siobhan didn't believe me when I told her Kiyoshi was my boyfriend..." she said feeling her eyes tear up again.

sergio-gives-sakura-a-hug.png

Sergio: "Sakura, it doesn't matter to me whether you are a Paragon or not. I mean, I am going to miss you at the meetings, but you were my friend before you were a Paragon. I came over because I heard what happened with Kiyoshi..."

Sergio hugged Sakura and then convinced her to go inside.

im-just-not-myself-today.png

Sakura: "Sergio, what were we doing outside in a thunderstorm?"

Sergio: "Exactly!"

Sakura: "Oh my! I...um...oh, Sergio, I am just not feeling myself today."

Sakura removed her raingear and then went to the bathroom and got a towel for Sergio to dry himself off. They sat down together at the table.

Sergio: "Luna and Sofia have been texting me all morning and they are worried about you. I told them I would come over and check on you. So, are you up to talking about it? I did see a recap on simweb this morning, so I did see the photos the station posted. Have you talked to Kiyoshi?"

i-justg-couldnt-believe-it.png

Sakura explained to Sergio that there was no internet at the Olympic Training Camp, and that she had been mailing letters to Kiyoshi's parents' house for a courier service to the camp. Sergio nodded his understanding.

Sergio: "Do you really think that Kiyoshi got back together with Kaori at the camp?"

sergio-why-wouldnt-kiyoshi-tell-me.png

Sakura: "I just...I just don't know...I mean...it was reported on television...and they wouldn't report something like that unless it was true...right?"

Sergio: "Hmmm...well, that's correct, but Sakura, do you think that this may have been a bit of 'fake news' reporting?"

Sakura: "Fake news? What's that?"

Sergio: "Well, fake news is when reporters are so intent on getting some breaking news on the air, that they sometimes report incorrect information. And believe me, it's happened before! I mean, they used 'file' photos, these weren't live reports."

Thinking back to the report, Sakura had thought she had seen that photo of Kiyoshi and Kaori before. But Sakura had been so upset at the time, she had just dismissed it. "Of course", she thought, "It was the exact same photo that she had seen hanging on the Ito's wall. The wall with all the trophies and photos. She remembered that Kiyoshi had told her that it was a photo from a snowboarding event in which Kiyoshi had won and Kaori had come in second."

Sakura: "Sergio, do you think that could be right? But don't reporters get in trouble for reporting "fake" news?"

Sergio: "Why, yes, they are regulated, but, as I said, it happens. And with all the hoopla surrounding the Olympics, reporters want to sensationalize news and be the first to report something, so they can increase views. So they may not have checked their sources properly before reporting this info."

Sakura thought about what Sergio had said as she busied herself in the kitchen preparing some garlic noodles for Sergio and herself. She brought over the plates and sat down again.

sakura-talking-to-sergio.png

Sergio: "So, Sakura, what I am saying is don't believe everything you see on television or read on simweb. I would suggest you just continue writing to Kiyoshi and write him about what you saw on television. Maybe he hasn't even seen it himself. From what you told me about Kiyoshi, he doesn't sound like the type of sim who would do something like this."

Sakura smiled at Sergio: "Sergio, I am so happy you came over. You know, I haven't gone out a long time with Kiyoshi, but I shouldn't have doubted him. I let my mind think of the worst. I have just...I have just been so lonely, Sergio. I try to keep busy around here, but I just keep thinking about him...and, I miss him, Sergio."

Sergio: "Everything will be fine, Sakura. You just have to have faith in yourself. And in Kiyoshi. Long-distance relationships are hard enough, but when you can't communicate with the sim, it's even harder."

Sakura: "You're right, Sergio."

Sergio: "And I wanted to tell you that Siobhan says you are welcome back in the Paragons anytime, and she apologizes for what happened."

Sakura looked at Sergio: "Well, I had actually thought about leaving the Paragons before all this happened, so, I don't think I will be returning," Sakura smiled brightly, "I was actually thinking of starting my own club..."

Sergio: "Oh? And what kind of club were you thinking about, if I may ask?"

i-a-sure-everything-will-be-fine-sakura-just-wait-and-talk-to-him.png

Sakura: "Well, I'm not sure yet, but something to do with music. I haven't been practicing my piano, and that's why I came to Windenburg in the first place. So, I was thinking of getting some sims together who liked music, maybe...I don't know...practice music together or something. I'm still working on what to do."

Sergio: "Well, that sounds terrific. If you're involved in activities and being around others, it will make you less lonely. In fact, there is a wonderful opportunity that I thought you would be great for. There's a Homework Helpers Volunteer Program down at the Quad Manor Library. I've volunteered a few times myself. You basically help grade school kids with their homework. The organizers of the program hold it once a week and afterwards, the kids are bussed over to Bathe de Rille for swimming. The kids come from all over, and you are normally assigned 4 or 5 kids to help. They are always looking for more volunteers, so if you're interested, here's the Volunteer Director's name and number."

Sakura smiled: "Thanks, Sergio. That sounds like a good idea. I will definitely give the Volunteer Director a call."

Sergio: "I think you should Sakura. You know, helping others makes you feel good about yourself. Plus, volunteering looks great on your resume when you apply for a job."

They chatted some more and Sergio wanted to make sure that Sakura was feeling better. There was only a light drizzle now and Sergio said he had to leave.

siobahn-has-been-under-a-lot-of-job-stress-i-am-sure-she-didnt-mean-it.png\

Sergio: "Sakura, if you ever need to just talk to someone, you know you can count on me...and Joaquin, too. We're your friends, and we're here if you need us. And, if it wouldn't be too much to ask, could you just text Luna and Sofia to let them know you are okay. They have been burning up my phone with text messages."

Sakura gave a little laugh and said she would.

Sergio: "Ah, nice to see you smile again, Sakura. And remember, if you ever need anything, just ask me, okay?"

Sakura nodded her head yes and went to the door with Sergio. Sergio gave her a hug and headed off.

everything-will-be-fine-youll-see.png
    edited February 2021
    @SoulGal7 I think I missed your last post (the one before this) - can you link me so I can read it, since I'm not sure how far back it is? Thanks :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top