Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it just me or is Sims Spark'd a bit cringeworthy?

2...Next

Comments

• FabooshFaboosh Posts: 160 Member
    edited February 2021
    It would of been more interesting if they had brought more people that created for the game. Who would be the best alpha creator or the best in maxis match? Who made the best hair, clothing or mods? That would of been real competition to see who made it into the game then making ALL the content available for download that would of brought creators,viewers and new people together. I hope they try it again but only with my idea :)
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    It definitly became cringy when xMiraMirax showed her melanin cc pack at the challenge

showcasing you that this is not available for console and you have to download it extra.

Very cringy since this particular challenge she had to dress these sims up and it was about diversity and inclusivity

I mean they tried to advertise the sims with this show so... man did the guruNinja not feel uncomfrtable.

Cringe moment when they tried to create beef but the simmers had none of it. Man these are (mostly) friends, that now each other pretty well they are not gonna attack each other, for some reality drama stuff.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    Didn't watch it. Sims doesn't seem like the right kind of game for any kind of show.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member
    It felt weird, The Sims is not a competitive game lol I don't know why they thought it was a good fit for that genre of TV show. Although I'll admit I may or may not have watched the show regardless because I thought the host was cute 😗 *walks away while whistling*
  • writer21098writer21098 Posts: 19 Member
    I really hope that they tweak the show for season 2 because it really was cringe. I was cringing really hard because of how long the builders got for their FINAL build. It was so wrong on so many levels.
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    I watched the first two episodes and I found it a bit bland and repetitive. I like the host just like @Genkider and I love Dave's moustache. Period.
  • GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member
    I watched the first two episodes and I found it a bit bland and repetitive. I like the host just like @Genkider and I love Dave's moustache. Period.

Yep, that moustache was really on point!
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Admittedly, I'm not a reality TV fan. But from the clip I saw on youtube... everything about this show was a bit painful and awkward to watch. I only saw some weird storytelling segment were they had to improv a real estate agent for a busted Sims house. What is the point of this show? Is it popular? If so why? Would love to hear from fans who can detail its merits as much as anyone who agrees with me.

I also thought it was cringe when I first saw a clip of the show last year. I feel like they had good intentions of trying to get players more engaged, but didn't know how to carry it out in the form of a reality show that would appeal to a wider audience, lol.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • bettycrocketbettycrocket Posts: 99 Member
    Yeah, it was VERY cringe...I watched the trailer for it when it came out and couldn't get into it. Honestly, the gallery didn't need a Spark'd challenge. The show was not very popular, and I'm not surprised it didn't launch. The only good thing about it is that it brought more attention to new creators...that's all. Although, I did like the variation in the gallery with themed challenges. So, maybe EA could have themed challenges every 2 weeks or so because the Spark'd challenges are too infrequent. The last one was what 2-3 months ago???
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    edited March 2021
    I didn’t know it existed and did nothing with challenges when I found out, I sure the simmers are awesome but I watch stories and lore and anything related to the sims when I want, and by people like me who play the game I enjoy... Sims 4 isn’t exactly a competition game and that’s how it should stay.

Now if they did this with the Ambitions pack like who can get the best make over/house reviews I could at least see it... I’d ignore it if it wasn’t good but at least I’d understand it.
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    i liked it something different to watch
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2021
    Forgeron wrote: »
    Name a reality competition that isn't cringeworthy:
    Great British Bake Off and Ninja Warrior(Japanese version) and Battle Bots.

Competition with Barbies is just not interesting. I rather watch group charity streams that actually have a purpose.

I actually prefer the podcasts that SimGuruGrant did.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited May 2021
    I usually do not like most reality shows (I started out watching Survivors, then it got old, then I watched Bachelor/Bachelorette, The Apprentice, and various cooking shows.) So yeah, now I am basically burned out on reality shows (it is kind of like music made 5 or 10 years ago) and I hate manufactured drama. I still like the cooking and talent shows from time to time though, but once I realized they manufactured drama for the talent shows by literally making the competition unfair for certain contestants, my interest went waaaaay down.

The cooking shows, or what they are supposed to be without the manufactured drama, probably describe best what could have and should have been done with the Sims if they were gonna do a reality series. Especially Chopped. One to four major challenges per show, one contestant competing against another from the start. This would also rule out contestants that don't really want to compete with each other and don't want to see anyone eliminated. Tanked is another good possibility, but something similar is done by most Sims youtubers who feature builds.

I have also seen amazing things done with Sims music videos that I honestly wonder how they got their Sims to do those moves, especially at the same time. A pose editor of course would be essential. A track licensed specifically for the show could be used, and Simmers interested in music videos could compose a video for that specific track, and only that track. This would also have to be a track for which no existing video has been made yet by the artist, or else the video is so old that everybody agrees the video should be remade (like the Rick Roll song that everyone is tired of seeing the classic video actors and moves). Originality, folks!

Another possibility is they could have and probably should have done smaller prizes at each stage passed - no all or nothing, actually awarding additional stage-based participation prizes (other than the trip to HQ and tour for the initial participation). Kind of like the Price is Right, Who wants to be a Millionaire, or the game show Deal or No Deal. (Like poker, last one out of the deal wins.) They wouldn't need any fake drama filler if they did this, just an applause track or studio audience, a suspenseful soundtrack, and/or energetic contestants who can jump and cheer or applaud each other (like Family Feud). Or they could do a Sims trivia show, like Jeopardy.

I still like game shows, except for the potential tax consequences (taxes on winnings are usually not deducted from the winnings).
    Game shows > Reality shows.

And yes EA and Maxis, if you want to use any of these ideas I have described in this individual single post, I release rights to the contents of this post to you, with no other compensation besides a brief mention in the credits. Actually, never mind the credits, no compensation needed. I don't want to be blamed if it turns out to be a poorly received idea.
    Post edited by SimsILikeSims on
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,395 Member
    You find it cringy because there is a disconnect between EA Marketing and most people in the Sims community
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • jamesbelljamesbell Posts: 2 New Member
    I think the problem with the show is that there are some part of it that are scripted so as to make it look more intense to the audience and that's what is boring the show.