Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Bust The Dust Kit

Everything we know so far.

Dust off the vacuum and tidy up in The Sims™ 4 Bust the Dust Kit! Dust is piling up
and spawning friendly bunnies and dastardly filth fiends in Sims’ homes. Get rid of
the muck by cleaning, or settle in for a messy life. Conquer chores with new buffs
and rewards for each dust level, vacuums to help fight the good fight, and aspirations
related to cleanliness.

Suck It Up – Find full-size and handheld vacuums in Build Mode for your fight against
the encroaching dust. Make your Sim’s chores easier—and more fun! Even kids can help out.

Clean Up Your Act – Explore two new aspirations! Perfectly Pristine Sims won’t let a
single speck of dirt remain, while Fabulously Filthy Sims revel in allowing grime to thrive.

The welcome Main Menu screen, after purchasing The Sims 4 Bust The Dust Kit
confirms that this Kit will also come with 2 brand new aspirations related to
cleanliness – Perfectly Pristine and Fabulously Filthy.

yFP45E1.png

More info here:
https://simscommunity.info/2021/02/27/everything-we-know-about-the-sims-4-bust-the-dust-kit-so-far/

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'm a little surprised there are aspirations, but it will certainly give more gameplay to those with the Neat and Slob traits. It is a little mundane to me, but I have laundry in every build and it has always been ridiculously mundane. (I just wish they rebalance it. I have such a hard time keeping up with it with my large households. It makes Bonehilda a godsend.)
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2021
    My sims can finally recreate Queen ooh I want to break free, i to want break freeeee 🤣 that's happening

https://youtu.be/Kee9Et2j7DA
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @Nikkih Roger Taylor is such a pretty lil gal 🤣

I can't believe how much I want this pack! My cinders sim really needs more grime in her life lol.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    That's actually more than the first two SPs offered.

Love that the dust system is opt-in, just like laundry. I want more chores in general, but not in saves that heavily focus on intrigue and rivalry.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited February 2021
    With the knowledge that this kit includes two aspirations, Im in! I need more aspirations, and i do love the idea of the fabulous filthy one :lol: I like the cas kit too. If there's a promotion for those who buy the 3 kits, i'll get them all afterall!
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Wish we knew the prices already. I am more interested now because of the aspirations. I hope they turn out to be fun <3
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yeah after 30+ packs we only have 45 aspirations. I can do with much more :)
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    edited February 2021
    If this is the first up, here, take my money! :D I mean, for the players who want realism, here is realism on a plate, lol.

Edit to say, that place is truly filthy! <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    I really hope that pets can react to/be afraid of the vacuums like they are in real life!
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    I don't care about the vacuuming pack BUT is that a usable loft space above the kitchen?? It looks like it might be on the same story with items on the floor on both levels? Or is it on an upper story and the placement of windows and wall decor is fooling my eyes?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I don't care about the vacuuming pack BUT is that a usable loft space above the kitchen?? It looks like it might be on the same story with items on the floor on both levels? Or is it on an upper story and the placement of windows and wall decor is fooling my eyes?

Nope, that's just your standard short wall rooms going by the height of the door and windows.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    There must already be some coding from the patch for this kit because some things have changed. It says 'polish to perfection' now when the chess table is messy and my sims had a dirty sink and it had 'clean lightly'.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Really happy that you can turn it off somehow if you get tired of it. I was hoping it would be per lot but oh well. Happy to hear about the aspirations also... I love having more of those! Now I just want to know that butlers and maids will use them and I'm good to know I'll use it regularly.
    egTcBMc.png
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    New aspirations? Well, that certainly changes my perspective of this kit. I would imagine that the aspirations will have reward traits that might be interesting.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    There must already be some coding from the patch for this kit because some things have changed. It says 'polish to perfection' now when the chess table is messy and my sims had a dirty sink and it had 'clean lightly'.
    I noticed that - my sim could polish his shower to perfection lol.
  • LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    YES. YES. YES.

Whilst I was a little worried about what the Kits would entail, this seems just perfect to me. Giving Simmers the options to opt in for more realistic content? LOVE.

Cannot wait to get more information- this is going to be a MUST for me.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Honestly I think it's a good idea doing it like this, I wouldn't really want a full stuff pack dedicated to vacuuming so to just add the primary items in a smaller pack makes a lot more sense. That way the people who want vacuuming gameplay get the vacuums without it taking up a whole pack slot and a lot of development time making other stuff to go around it.
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    I had a light cleaning interaction on xbox one S as well. I've noticed too that my game has been more glitchy than normal which means more content. Happens every time.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Nope, that's just your standard short wall rooms going by the height of the door and windows.

aw well, thanks anyway @crocobaura . seemed too good to be true :)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited February 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »

It's also accessed by open stairs...which means those sims can never get up there unless the sims team fixes the open stairs bug.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Yeah after 30+ packs we only have 45 aspirations. I can do with much more :)

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I just want the dust bunnies hopping arround the place :)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I know people are split on the "kits" but I'm glad to see them. I don't have to love or even buy all or even some of them. Dust busting seems more game friendly to me than the laundry system does personally. I'll probably buy this one. I think that the kits idea opens us up for potentially good game play stuff we've all wanted but not gotten, like pre-teen game play or elder activities. Possibly even new/more personality traits and slots. ...Like having The Sims 4 Store without the storefront.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • ivy19ivy19 Posts: 3 New Member
    question can butlers and or maids use the vacuums to?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    ivy19 wrote: »
    question can butlers and or maids use the vacuums to?

yes they can @ivy19 welcome to the forum
    more for sim kids and more drama please