Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle NAP question

I have read conflicting posts about how unchecking the NPC voting for NAPs works, so I wanted to go ahead and ask in hopes for a clarification. If that is left unchecked, only you can vote in any NAPs if what I read is correct. What I'm confused on is whether that applies to all neighborhoods (so all game worlds for that matter), or if it only applies to the neighborhood your controlled sims live in.
"It is now time for our main event of Bob Pancakes vs. Diego Lobo, but here comes Caleb Vatore with an angry holiday gnome! And now here comes Johnny Zest with a cup of vampire cure! It's pandemonium, but we're out of time!"

Comments

• Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    In my experience you have to disable it before you start playing the save. I have several saves, but when a new pack comes out I focus on one save to keep potential damage due to bugs or annoying features to a minimum. It took me a few Sim weeks to figure out how awful the effect of the 'Sharing is Caring' NAP is, which was the main reason for me to disable NPC voting. I then had to go into every neighborhood in every residential world and many of them had active NAPs, even though I hadn't played any of the households during that time. I checked and removed them by clicking on a mailbox on one lot per neighborhood to instantly repeal the NAPs. I avoided that "mistake" in all my other saves and disabled NPC voting before jumping into a household and never had any issues with NAPs there.
    If NPC voting is disabled, only your Sims will be able to vote and there won't be any NPC voting in other neighborhoods either.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    WHW_SimmerWHW_Simmer Posts: 21 Member
    Thank you for the clarification. Much appreciated!
    "It is now time for our main event of Bob Pancakes vs. Diego Lobo, but here comes Caleb Vatore with an angry holiday gnome! And now here comes Johnny Zest with a cup of vampire cure! It's pandemonium, but we're out of time!"
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited February 2021
    WHW_Simmer wrote: »
    I have read conflicting posts about how unchecking the NPC voting for NAPs works, so I wanted to go ahead and ask in hopes for a clarification. If that is left unchecked, only you can vote in any NAPs if what I read is correct. What I'm confused on is whether that applies to all neighborhoods (so all game worlds for that matter), or if it only applies to the neighborhood your controlled sims live in.

I have it unchecked (as I want the voting disabled). The game still announces that the weekly voting is starting/ending, but my impression is that no NPC will vote. Voting will always be open to the active household (if you want them to vote), I don't think the routine can be totally turned off. In my game I added 4 NAPs to most hoods, meaning there won't be room for more voting anyway, but I think I also have a few hoods with just 2 or 3 NAPs active, and I *think* it has not changed (set like that 1-2 sim years ago). So, NAP will most likely not be changed in hoods where you are not actively playing a house.

If you want to adjust NAPs you can administrate them via the mail box (shift click, I don't think cheats must be activated first, but don't quote me on that). Also, I think there might be visitors from other worlds bringing their behavior, but not as much as before. So if you see someone doing stuff you would not expect, they most likely live in another hood.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    WHW_Simmer wrote: »

Only in the neighbourhood you're playing. Disabling NAP's gives you full control. You'll still see a notification telling you that a nap has been passed when you didn't vote, but that is a bug. No naps are passed if you don't vote for them.

Latelly i have been playing with naps on and i haven't had any problem... naps behaviour has been tuned down and the naps that still cause some drama, as the sharing is caring and the foods united hasn't been voted automatically in dozens of weeks that i've been playing with naps on... i think either it was tuned done to almost non existence or you have to vote yourself in those if you really want them.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited March 2021
    Okay, let's sum this up once and for all. IF you have Voting ON:

1. The Exception: In all three Evergreen Harbor neighborhoods specifically all households living in that 'hood will vote, played or non played.
    2. In all other neighborhoods only Sims that you have played and lives in the neighborhood will vote.
    3. Point 2 is what causes a lot of confusion. This causes a lot of issues for rotational players, since they have to pay attention to other neighborhoods so Sims they have played won't push a NAP thru they don't want.
    4. No Sims, played or non-played can remove a NAP, only the currently played household can. Not even in Evergreen Harbor.
    5. Remember point 2? It also applies to Sims you have marked as "My Sims" in the Managed World screen. This is important to remember: For the purpose of point 2, all households living in a house with a green bubble over it's roof can vote.

Edit: I have noticed (I have no confirmation on this!) that if a neighborhood you are visiting lacks active NAPs, the Sims there will act as if the NAPs where your controlled Sim lives are in effect, so if you have "Rock Your Body" in effect back at home and you visit another world with that Sim, people around you will do spontaneous push-ups and stuff but just as long as your Sim is visiting.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek