Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

May we please have an expansion pack that features bunnies/rodents/birds :(

I have NEVER, EVER, FOREVER, been able to create my actual first pet stuff (pack) in the sims because my first pet was a lovelly holland lop bunny.

This is a travesty. Of the greatest kind! How can a life simulation claim to be, WITHOUT bunnies?! Whomst wishes to live in such a lonely, cold world where a little furry friend would not lie on thy toes and sleepeth there?!

Also chinchillas and guinea pigs properly added with enclosures that are not straight animal abuse would be nice.

Now onto the ideas!

-Obviously, they should be able to roam on the floor, because keeping a bunny in a cage all day is animal abuse. They could basically use the same rigs as dogs. My bunny really liked playing hide and seek/tag, where I would run somewhere she couldn't see and call her, and she would binky(rabbit jump of joy) all over the place to find me. Once she did she would nudge my feet with her head, demanding to be pet. Basically, all prey animals DO NOT like to be chased, but love to chase. !!This is very important!!

-Your sim could talk to them and pat them while they are on the floor. When bunnies are listening to you, their ears twitch as they look at you and it would lend itself to some VERY cute animations.

-Bunnies don't walk, they can't, they only hop, and they can hop like 4 m into the air.

-They could run away if you let them outside without a proper fencing

- They could deteriorate electrical appliances over time, if your sim let them go near them. Bunnies and rodents are well known for killing cables (phone chargers being the favourite)

-If they went near piles of laundry, once washed, sims could get a moodlet that there's small holes in their clothes. Bunnies and rodents loooove eating fabric.

- Bunnies communicate by thumping their hind legs loudly against the floor. In TS4 a bunny that's good friends with their owner could call their owner like this (mine did this to me). They may also thump if they are angry, and usually the thumps are very loud then, and the bunny is puffed up. They may also growl quietly. Maybe they could do this to sim they don't like ^^

- Bunnies are not rodents, and their diet mostly consists of hay or compressed hay pellets. They should not be fed animal producs/ seeds / citrus, but small amounts of pineapple are good for them!

- My bunny was good friends with my parents dogs, and my cat, so maybe they could befriend the other animals in the family!

- My bunny would lie on my feet when I was sitting on the sofa, or hop into my lap while I was on there, so maybe they could do that in the game as well!

I have never had guinea pigs / chinchillas / birds, so if you have any expertise w/ suggestions, post them to add to the thread! :)
Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(

Comments

• MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    I'm bumping because surely, someone else wants other pets than Cats & Dogs :(
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I completely agree, there is something very important missing from the Sims 4 world..and that is bunnies.
    no freezerbunny, dustbunny or bunnerfly can make up for this, no Sir!

To all that has already been said, I can add that bunnies are also extremely nosey, my bunnies always need to inspect everything new and love to check what I am doing, especially when I am cleaning or moving something arround, but they also jump on the bed when I read and try to eat the book/magazine....they also love to throw magazines arround and dig (or try to) in piles of clothing/paper/their toilet.
    Besides the carpet, they like to sleep or just relax on the windowsill, the couch, my bed and inside their little houses.
    Bunnies clean themselves like cats, they will also clean/groom other bunnies if they like them (and their owner), bunnies love to cuddle with other bunnies (again, if they like them), mine are pretty much always together (right now they are cuddeling on my bed besides me).

Bunnies are individuals like any other animal,
    some are more nosey, some are scared easier, some are calmer and preffer relaxing, while others love exploring and jumping on everything---I could go on and on...

I NEED bunnies in my game, but I need them done right!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• intothehorizoneintothehorizone Posts: 88 Member
    edited February 2021
    this is a small add on, but being able to 'train' a bird to mimic simlish speech could be fun ^^

edited February 2021
    this is a small add on, but being able to 'train' a bird to mimic simlish speech could be fun ^^

I would love that! I loved it when the large birds in TS3 would mimic the phone & doorbell and confuse my sim! I'd reeally love to be vicariously able to live my birb dreams again in sims! (I have a cat so birbs are a bit no-no atm)
    I will not give up! My campaign for more pets continues !!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    You might get what you want in one of those "kits" that will be talked about on 2nd March, according to The Sims on Twitter. I could see kit of Petshop and pets that one could get if interested. We had one for Sims 3, Graham's Pet Swap Shop and you could buy that via the Sims 3 Store.

I would be interested in that too.
    Simburian wrote: »
    You might get what you want in one of those "kits" that will be talked about on 2nd March, according to The Sims on Twitter. I could see kit of Petshop and pets that one could get if interested. We had one for Sims 3, Graham's Pet Swap Shop and you could buy that via the Sims 3 Store.

Well I don't want a kit! That would bean the pet would be confined to it's cage and that means animal abuse! We don't need any more of that in The Sims 4!

Game Pack at the very least! My campaign continues!
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    You mean a "Pets" expansion pack?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

I want them to be as fully fleshed out as Cats & Dogs, so it would have to be limited to a couple of animals. The rodents & Birds were in cruel cages in TS3 pets, and, THEY ALSO DID NOT FEATURE BUNNIES (well, they shouldn't, since it's animal abuse to keep a bunny in it's cage all day).

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    - They could deteriorate electrical appliances over time, if your sim let them go near them. Bunnies and rodents are well known for killing cables (phone chargers being the favourite)

-If they went near piles of laundry, once washed, sims could get a moodlet that there's small holes in their clothes. Bunnies and rodents loooove eating fabric.

- Bunnies are not rodents, and their diet mostly consists of hay or compressed hay pellets. They should not be fed animal producs/ seeds / citrus, but small amounts of pineapple are good for them!

Bunnies AND teething kittens chew cables. Not funny coming home to see all your cables chewed up in 2 cm bits. :lol: Bunnies eat all kinds of vegetables and fruit and sunflower seeds, not just hay. That's how they destroy gardens. And carpets. :lol:
    I'd like both bunnies and birds to be added to the game. Small birds like the budgies, canaries, bigger ones like parrots, and even wild pigeons, crows/ravens and owls that you could feed or care for. Also, falcons that we could train would be nice.

Well I don't want a kit! That would bean the pet would be confined to it's cage and that means animal abuse! We don't need any more of that in The Sims 4!

Game Pack at the very least! My campaign continues!

You wouldn't let a rat or mouse loose around the house all the time though would you? Where do you buy your pets? My gerbils used to get out though but came back into their cage if I left food in it. I always found them inside, asleep in the morning if I left the top off!

crocobaura wrote: »

Bunnies AND teething kittens chew cables. Not funny coming home to see all your cables chewed up in 2 cm bits. :lol: Bunnies eat all kinds of vegetables and fruit and sunflower seeds, not just hay. That's how they destroy gardens. And carpets. :lol:
    I'd like both bunnies and birds to be added to the game. Small birds like the budgies, canaries, bigger ones like parrots, and even wild pigeons, crows/ravens and owls that you could feed or care for. Also, falcons that we could train would be nice.

Bunnies eat all seeds if you let them, but they shouldn't, since they are high in fat and will line the bunny's organs. Once in a while is fine, but seeds should not be incorporated into the daily diet of a bunny.

Agreed on the rest though!

You wouldn't let a rat or mouse loose around the house all the time though would you? Where do you buy your pets? My gerbils used to get out though but came back into their cage if I left food in it. I always found them inside, asleep in the morning if I left the top off!

False. Rats are incredibly smart and affectionate pets, and people do let them out of their cages to roam around.

Bunnies also are not rodents of any sort. Bunnies are in smarts the same level as a cat. They can be potty trained, trained to come when called etc etc.

I did say in the first post that they could roam around the house when your sim lets them, since you shouldn't let any small animal roam around the house unsupervised.
    edited February 2021
    It takes a lot of effort to allow any small pet loose around your house, especially any animal that likes to gnaw. A thorough check of electricity cables and such like or drowning in water filled sinks etc. Treating them like animals as cats and dogs who are more easily trained and more intelligent would be a no, no for me. They are a hazard to everyone around, and what if they get trodden on accidentally or trip you up?
    It takes a lot of effort to allow any small pet loose around your house, especially any animal that likes to gnaw. A thorough check of electricity cables and such like or drowning in water filled sinks etc. Treating them like animals as cats and dogs who are more easily trained and more intelligent would be a no, no for me. They are a hazard to everyone around, and what if they get trodden on accidentally or trip you up?

They are not a hazard if you supervise them. I had on the first post that they could deteriorate electronics if your sim let the animals near them :)

How would a rat that you are allowing to run around on the floor as you supervise it, drown in a sink full of water? Why would you have a sink full of water for no reason, anyway?

Same for bunnies & guinea pigs. When I didn't want my bunny to go somewhere (mainly close to the TV/computer) I'd just gently move her somewhere else or call her. Guinea pigs are so slow you would have to try incredibly hard to lose sight of one.
    My campaign continues!
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I did say in the first post that they could roam around the house when your sim lets them, since you shouldn't let any small animal roam around the house unsupervised.

well, my bunnies roam free around my living room 24/7, doesnt matter if I'm there or not, you just gotta make your place bunnyproof (especially the cables), they do not need cages at all (mine have none).
    Some people build inside pens though, for their bunnies to be in when they are not home/at night, so way bigger than a cage of course.

Mine also get sunflowerseeds every day, neither of them is overweight,
    sunflowerseeds help with digesting hair due to the oil in them (hair which they swollow when cleaning themself or the other bunny, and can cause digestion issues especially for bunnies with long hair), of course they do only get a little bit every day, not enough to even remotely fill up on.
    And yes, they also eat vegtables, mostly greens, leafy food, pellets are actually pretty bad for their digestion, which is why alot of domesticated bunnies who eat those cant digest cabbage.

But I am also aware that some informations/opinions about how to feed your bunnie right seem to differ depending on were you live.
    So I would not be too strict regarding food, but NO CAGES, they are never big enough for a bunny, you wouldnt put your cat in a cage either...
    big pens (big enough for at least 2 bunnies) would be ok, if they are optional and Sims would be able to let the bunnies out and/or go into the pens to spend time with the bunnies.

I'd also like a GP at least, I mean cats and dogs was a EP and only gave us 2 pets, though I mostly want bunnies, I'd love some birds too and have both of those be just as customizable as cats and dogs or at least close to that.
    I never had a bird and never will, but I always loved the thought of having one or two fly arround my home, sit on my head and being up to all kinds of mischievious stuff :)
    They just seem like really cool animals...
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm all for tiny pets!! And wild animals while they're at it 🥰🥰🥰
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited February 2021
    I'd like tiny pets and wild animals too! <3

I also love how you described what it is like to live with a bunny, @Marinuttonen and @RavenSpit :relaxed: I really hope they will be able to include at least some of that in the game.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    While I'm not opposed to additional small animals, I personally don't want an entire GP devoted just to them. But, if they were added into some other fitting pack I'd probably have a household with them but I'm not going to be heartbroken if they are never added.
    Oh, another thing that could be added, when bunnies get scared they lie flat on the ground. My bunny would do this if a large bird / plane flew over her. So maybe if there's a thunderstrike or paranormal specters the bunnies could do this.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    I'm a big animal lover, so I'm all for bringing all kinds of new animals into the game. :)
  • winterdaywinterday Posts: 16 Member
    The more pets the better! I really hope they add more in the future. Cats and dogs are great, but I agree we definitely could use some other animals as well :)
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited March 2021

I want them to be as fully fleshed out as Cats & Dogs, so it would have to be limited to a couple of animals. The rodents & Birds were in cruel cages in TS3 pets, and, THEY ALSO DID NOT FEATURE BUNNIES (well, they shouldn't, since it's animal abuse to keep a bunny in it's cage all day).

@Marinuttonen The flesh them all out in ONE Pets expansion? It's a 40$ expansion.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

@Marinuttonen The flesh them all out in ONE Pets expansion? It's a 40$ expansion.

If they were to limit them to bunnies & guinea pigs & birds, they could fit the price range. Though I feel like birds should maybe be their own thing, since birds are very complex creatures with many, many variants.

Basically, they already have the CAS coding figured out, they'd just need to reskin it to fit a different mesh & some slider tuning for that aspect.