Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I think it's so cool to have my Qui Gon's Resistant Leader become a Guidry Ghost.
    I think way outside the box with my Sims 4 play. :D
  • RyublueRyublue Posts: 30 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @ryublue ... Droids do not have the same functionality when they are not in Batuu. Your droid will always go back into your inventory when your Sims is travelling outside of Batuu. Just the way the developers set things up.

My Sim rarely spontaneously goes up to her droid to do what you described in #2. In regards to Baby Grogu, he finally has purpose in my game by being placed in my Star Wars restaurant and Star Wars night club.

I know, I just wish that when not on Batuu they'd stay where I put them. I give them a spot in the house to look nice (and for my sims to interact with them on occasion), I don't want them to keep ending up in inventory when I have my sim just visiting the neighbours. But ah well, nothing to do about it I guess.

Oh your sims never do that? Mine do it all the time - or did, haven't played recently as I'm on a Houseflipper kick - regardless of which side they belong to. One of them marched up to Rey once and started praising the First Order despite being in the resistance herself, not only did the friendship with Rey take a hit but she ran off. The droids are more dangerous though, as they really will chase your sim across the lot to attack. (probably not up stairs though?)

It is kind of cute though to place two next to one another on the home lot, so that they move their heads and beep-boops like they're actually talking to one another. :)
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Anyone know if the Batuu residence have their alien skin again since patch? I can't check until tonight.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Anyone know if the Batuu residence have their alien skin again since patch? I can't check until tonight.
    Still just bald sims over here.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    Still just bald sims over here.

Sigh. Maybe they are preparing heaps of bug fixes to release with the bunk beds.
    aww okay. Thanks😥
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited March 2021
    Is there a mod that unlocks the Check ID interaction for the homeworld? I remember talking about how useful that would be for police sims with another simmer in this forum, but I do not remember if they just liked the idea or if they had actually done it already.

I sent my cops for a quick passport checking training to Batuu last week, but they didn't bring the interaction home with them. (Just checked - they still have it when they are at Batuu, just not at home.)

EDIT: A household in another save retained their Batuu unlocks. One sim there is a scoundrel and can "swindle for credits" in the homeworld.
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
    Batuu Aliens are back!

TFAQsDM.png
    Batuu Aliens are back!

So excited! Except does anyone know a way for me to see the fix without starting over? It has not reflected in my game as the patch notes mentioned. I've been playing this save with all my sims since launch. I do click "save as" though. Please help. lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    Batuu Aliens are back!
    So excited! Except does anyone know a way for me to see the fix without starting over? It has not reflected in my game as the patch notes mentioned. I've been playing this save with all my sims since launch. I do click "save as" though. Please help. lol
    I saw in another thread @EnkiSchmidt mentioned it was possible with mccc, so I'm hoping they will pop in and explain how.

I don't mind restarting as I was getting the urge to do that anyway recently, but there must be plenty of people who want to continue with their current game.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I think if you delete the current Batuu townies in the Household Manager, the game will generate new, appropriate ones. I haven't tried it out yet, though.
    #Team Occult
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I saw in another thread @EnkiSchmidt mentioned it was possible with mccc, so I'm hoping they will pop in and explain how.
    It's possible to fix the aliens, but VERY tedious and not guaranteed to stick. I only changed the major NPCs (Kylo, Hondo, Rey and Vi Moradi) so that they look like my own sims and left the majority of townies alone.
    Here's the process:
    First you need one sim for each costume that you want your Batuu sims to wear. Put the alien masks and everything on them. Then you choose "copy outfit" or "copy accessoires" (not sure what category grabs the hats/masks, to be sure just copy the whole sim), click on the sim you want to change and select "paste outfit/sim". The problem here is that the sims technically wear their Batuu costume and what we've just changed is their everyday outfit, so in most cases you'll also have to use MCCC dresser to spin them into their everyday clothes. AND before all that you'll have to check with yet another mod (Show/Search sims info) who is supposed to be what alien. For every single alien. It is really as time-consuming and sanity-defying as it reads here.

I think @LiELF is on to something, I hope it will work, but I won't patch anytime soon.
    My aliens reappeared in my current save. I didn't have to start over. Is that not happening for ya'll?
    Thank you. I'll try it all!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    It's good to have the Batuu immersion back! I'm enjoying the pack again knowing' I'll come back from missions and see interesting aliens instead of bald sims

0BBzISh.png
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    I am so happy for this <3 LOL much more happy than anything else :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    000bd5781bea8719c4865a8370762d0ee9c57bd1.png
    Building on my guy's family home now. This is just the beginning, there is no landscaping or anything like that yet. The glas-fence glows in the dark, nice touch.

65a7d600d6a21e06398616bcb5df6a58691fe69a.png
    I love mixing Star Wars-stuff with the things from Jungle Adventures. They go so well together.
    I paired some of these chairs with another table in a vending section of a spa I have and they look really good. I also want to use the Sabbac table in one of the lounges I use for my criminal sims. I haven’t even been to Batuu yet with a sim but the missions do sound fun.
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    I'm only just now exploring Batuu and everything else the pack has to offer because I only got it recently. I'm really enjoying it and I'm not a Star Wars fan, though it has inspired me to watch the movies again. My current Sim is working her way through the First Order, but I find the food so interesting there. Wish there were more choices. This wrap is probably my favorite though because it looks like it has teeth!

Ex-JNDgw-W8-AAikoa.jpg
    1500x500.jpg
    @summertaffy68 and is that a tongue poking out the side? :D
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    edited March 2021
    I love the Batuu Townie clothing for my Historic households.
    I love the Batuu Tables/Bar/Desk/Robotic Radio/R2/Round Love Seat for my Futuristic households & Nightclubs. B)<3

I wouldn't mind a Sims 4 version of Star Trek pack in the game. :p
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

@kerrigan ... She looks like a very pretty Ahsoka Tano.
    It's good to have the Batuu immersion back! I'm enjoying the pack again knowing' I'll come back from missions and see interesting aliens instead of bald sims

0BBzISh.png

Still no match for this guy.
    First-Order.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I love the Batuu Townie clothing for my Historic households.
    I love the Batuu Tables/Bar/Desk/Robotic Radio/R2/Round Love Seat for my Futuristic households & Nightclubs. B)<3

I wouldn't mind a Sims 4 version of Star Trek pack in the game. :p

Oh and the clutter is pretty amazing too. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @kerrigan ... She looks like a very pretty Ahsoka Tano.

0BBzISh.png

Still no match for this guy.
    First-Order.jpg

She does look a little like her...:D

9yqENIa.png
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I was working on a punk club tonight, and I was very glad to have the JTB furniture for the club.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I decided not to buy the pack because I have never approved of Disney, as entertainment nor as company, and the Star Wars world is too silly even for me; but since I got it from someone else I use it, and the build mode items are very nice, especially the lamps. I also like that the food comes on black plates, and some of the CAS items are elegant.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top