Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I come with a new photo! As well as a bit of info: I sent the whole family to the Summer Festival and they all managed to take a family photo together. Oliver also schooled his big sis in a hotdog eating contest. Never underestimate the stomach of a preteen, especially a boy! ;)
    He aged up a few days later without issue- and both he and Isabella were finally able to attend school! Dad was also able to get promoted at work, which was another glitch I'd had. Ugh. As I was saying..... Oliver became a teenager and he's a little pixilated hottie! ;)

Here's a teenage Oliver! He needs to be edited in CAS but it was 4am by the time I got to sleep.
    m9I7wod.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @HillyBeth Happy birthday, Oliver! :) Glad the kids are now able to go to school and that dad got his promotion!
    edited February 2021
    Meet Gracie! She's the baby of the family and she's actually the only redhead! The other four have Dad's hair.
    wElS6Ap.jpg

This is Oliver's(now Eric. I decided to change his name. Lol) post-makeover look <3
    zzJTluO.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    edited February 2021
    @Mikezumi she looks like her mother, but her eyes are totally Dad's. <3 I'll be able to see more when she's a teenager. Her toddler-to-child birthday is in a few days.
    ETA: I forgot to share Isabella and the twin's pics! Isabella is a young adult, will be heading to graduation when I play tomorrow, and the twins(Gillian and Conner) are teenagers!

6wlwk6W.jpg
    BKhHvOB.jpg
    C3L4oot.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • ButtersimsButtersims Posts: 107 Member
    Nemo, son of Clair Ursine and Bebe Hart
    50936807928_b58eef1990_c.jpg

Melinda, daughter of Clair Ursine and Gunther Goth
    50937496151_3683579c5a_c.jpg

I really, really love Melinda and she's my first choice for heir. Nemo is simply dreamy, he looks so handsome as a YA. I'm torn, since Nemo is Clair's only son (that's changing very soon!). There is also another sister, Clover. She unfortunately, is a copy of Clair, so I'm not really counting her in as a contender.
    @HillyBeth Thanks for sharing pics of Isabella and the twins :)

@Buttersims I always enjoy seeing pics of the offspring of SV townies :) Thanks for sharing your pics :)
    There's a new generation in the Covington family! While he's not a Covington by name, his mother is. Lol. Isabella Covington-LeBlanc and her husband Dustin LeBlanc welcomed a son into their family on the same day Bella's brother Eric graduated high school. I'll share a pic of him once he's a toddler <3 Aunties Gillian and Gracie and uncle Conner haven't gotten to hold him yet. But they will. Grace becomes a teenager soon and the twins will be young adults!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    Carson and Mollie's grandson became a toddler and he's a handsome little guy! He looks like his dad, but has his mother's complexion
    fP95c8m.jpg

I finally completed the Surrounded By Family Aspiration for the first time in years with the birthday of Grace Marie Covington! She's gorgeous!
    qFqjeX1.jpg

Here's a little cuteness with grandma Mollie and Austin <3
    XGv2T29.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    @HillyBeth Congrats on the birth of a grandchild and on achieving the Surrounded by Family LTW! :) Grace Marie aged up well :)
    @Mikezumi except her eye color and lack of freckles she looks a lot like her mom :) She's going to be my heir since she's the youngest.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited February 2021
    My boy Aiden strike this pose after being told to take a time out by his dad Kyle

Screenshot-659.jpg

and this is his parents when they were still a teenager as well

Screenshot-248.jpg
    Screenshot-676.jpg

Now I'm confused whether he looks more to Kyle or Felipe Jr, I thought Kyle's DNA is more dominant in Aiden than Felipe Jr's but I could be wrong, this was the case with Leurent as well when he was a teenager he had Benjamin's likeness, but growing up to YA he resembles Felipe Sr more unless he has specific hairstyle he can look really close to Benji instead. Either way, the genetic mod creator really does a great job making it! though Mildred's DNA is always prevalent than Leurent in Felipe Jr's look ever since he was a tiny kid.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    @izecson Aiden is a good looking boy! :) I try to choose parents that have very different features and can generally tell who they more closely resemble when they are toddlers. I also look at slider positions to confirm this. It's very hard to see in the child stage unless the parents have extreme slider positions. I think EA dropped the ball on the child stage genetics-wise.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited February 2021
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @izecson Aiden is a good looking boy! :) I try to choose parents that have very different features and can generally tell who they more closely resemble when they are toddlers. I also look at slider positions to confirm this. It's very hard to see in the child stage unless the parents have extreme slider positions. I think EA dropped the ball on the child stage genetics-wise.

Yeah I guess neither of his parents have a very very distinguished features (except. Felipejr very witchy nose tip) so I can't differentiate at least not until the child grow up to YA like my previous heirs, currently Aiden is dating an egyptian girl so I can't wait to see how their future offspring looks like.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    edited February 2021
    Adam had a birthday and aged up to a child.

DQPeO1m.jpg
    Adam as a toddler with his favorite toy.

eU52AjF.jpg
    Adam as a child.

bWnkHcN.jpg
    Joey gave birth to Adam but we're all still pretty unclear on the details...

RMNm9EA.jpg
    Callum, Adam's other father.
    @Satanu_Reeves Happy birthday Adam! :) As a child, I would say he more resembles Joey but I guess more will be revealed when he ages up to teen :)
    edited February 2021
    @Mikezumi I agree, he does look a lot like Joey as a child. I thought I was going to see more of Callum. Based on the readout from the mod you suggested, he's mostly Callum but with Joey's nose, mouth, and hair color. I added Joey's beauty mark myself when I aged him up to YA. Pretty much had to age him up to see if I was done randomizing the genetics. As a YA, Callum's influence is obvious but Joey's was more than I thought it was going to be because of the ND custom skins. Joey has Cherry Pie while Callum has Mango Yogurt. If I switch their skins, they look a bit like themselves but it changes their look quite a lot. Adam has Cherry Pie with a skin tone somewhere between Joey and Callum's which makes him look like a much more even mix of the two. Anyway, it's going to be exciting to see him as a teen. :)
    Adam aged up to teen recently. I randomized his genetics a bit more and ended up with a better version of what I already had but regrettably did not screenshot the report from the genetics mod.

C5djVWV.jpg

Callum Young. Genetically dominant parent.

oJf4mtA.jpg

Joey Young. Still doesn't remember how he gave birth to Adam and furthermore, he seems to be the only person in Moonlight Falls that even thinks it's weird.

o1Lyrz3.jpg

Adam Young. Still looks like Joey.
    @Mikezumi thanks, I'm quite happy with him and I probably won't play without this mod in the future. :)
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited April 2021
    I like to load up play with genes quite often on TS2/3, but if there's one thing I love about genetics, its how absurd they can make some Sims look when messing about. (I hope a screenshot fresh from PWG is fine to post)
    6Pfd9Hh.png

(I should try breeding normal pets one day to see what I can mesh together like a big dog Poodle)
    L9q8VGi.png
    @Sorak4 I have seen some of your monstrosities :o:D in the Last Screenshot thread. It's not my idea of fun but the best thing about TS3 is that it accommodates many play styles. Thanks for sharing :)
  • maxissims1maxissims1 Posts: 6 New Member
    Wish I had some pictures to post about my own IMVU family lol. They all look so alike
    edited April 2021
    Since I revived my original sims 4 sims(edited their bone structure a bit in a 'what was I thinking back then?!' moment) I decided to revive my OG Lowell couple. All I had to do was change hair and eye color of their recent selves, as well as a name. I also bought some stuff packs I used to have that I'd originally downloaded from a friend and thus I never had those packs again, until now, so Annabeth has her original everyday outfit back! At least until she becomes an adult in 9 days. She and Carson are expecting a son now!

*copied from another post I shared to.*
    Carson and Anna's baby girl, Madison, is now five days away from becoming a child! She's also going to be a big sister to a little boy! (none of the family knows, only me. Lol!) I think she takes after her dad, according to the Random Genetics mod.
    5UrIjqY.jpg
    xXjHAEm.jpg

So far, I know she has Mom's hair and Dad's eyes <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    @HillyBeth Congrats on the birth of Madison and on the new pregnancy. Looking forward to seeing who the kids look like when they are bigger :)