Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• ToraXKuroToraXKuro Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't know if this will get through to anyone, but I'm trying again. I think a fantasy pack would do very well. I made a post on Reddit of the characters from my Dungeons and Dragons group that got over 11k in upvotes. There's a market for fantasy content for sure!! So many people told me they were going to download the game and try to make their own characters/party and I know I bought some business to The Sims that week! Apparently I'm not allowed to post links, but if you search Sims in r/DnD you'll find the post for sure And a handful of other post with people making their own characters!
  • tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    I don't know if this will get through to anyone, but I'm trying again.
    Some of us have been here for decades and still cannot get through... all I get still is the answer machine. ;)
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    The biggest thing I want is Create-a-Style back. That's the most glaring omission from transition to the Sims 4, and even as someone who has played and loved 4 first, I really miss the ability to create clown-palette neon bricks or make the worst fashion disasters in this town by throwing in literally every color in the Sim's kilt.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • BillieJxBillieJx Posts: 4 New Member
    A few suggestions for things I'd like to see:
    - Disabilities / Health conditions.
    - Problematic Pregnancies.
    - Benefits for those with children or who don't work (obviously not a drastic amount but something so it's possible to still live)
    - Religion/Believes
    - Nationalities/Cultures
    - More Careers - Active and Normal.
    - More university options.
    - The abilities to do courses for career development without university.
    - More life stages
    (Example)
    Newborn (up to 4 months) - does little things, needs teen and older to help with needs and for interaction
    Infant - learns to roll, sit, crawl and early talking skills, the ability to wean baby onto food.
    Both baby and infant can get temporary traits due to phases/leaps (sleep regression, growth spurts ect.)
    Early years toddler (1-2yrs) - learns to walk, run, talk more of a range of vocabulary, towards the end gets the possibility to enter the "terrible 2's phase". Can make Mark's when given drawing items.
    Toddler (2+) - Continues to progress with skills. Begins to read and draw/write. Can learn other languages. Can become potty trained. Once toddler skills are complete can progress on to child skills. Can go to preschool for 2 days a week (gives parents ability to work and toddlers a chance to interact with other toddlers rather than only people within their household).
    Young child - progress on to school. If potty training wasnt completed as a toddler can be completed now within a small time frame. Independently reads and writes. Clubs/Jobs option for swimming lessons, scouts, brownies.
    Child - same as present. The option for more 'jobs' brownies, swimming lessons, dance classes, stage school, book club.
    Preteen - progression from child skills to adult skills is possible. Can develop crushes and flirt / have first kiss and fantasies about their future, plan dream wedding, get a boyfriend/girlfriend. Can become a 'hopeless romantic' or a 'workaholic'.
    Young Teenager - the ability to miss school, woohoo, parents can give 'the talk', gain habits and addictions (explore habits such as 'smoking' and becoming a 'sex addict') When not being home for a period of time can get 'run away teen' trait.
    Teenager - can now get a job, go to skill classes, can have 'risky sex' with the possibility to become pregnant (low chance).
    Twenteens (late teens / early twenties) - finished high school. Perfect age for further education. The option to do online courses instead of university. Higher chance to become a 'young parent'. Can also find out about fertility issues during this stage and beyond.
    Young adults - further education, ideal to start a family or focus on a career.
    Adults - same as young adults, with the ability to have 'midlife crises'. Plan will. Women may enter menopause.
    Early age Elder - can retire, become childcare for grandchildren. Can consider going to a retirement home.
    Elder - same as above with a slightly higher chance to pass.
  • BlueFyre1BlueFyre1 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I've been a simmer for quite a while (about 15 years now), and I absolutely love the game, and the new expansion packs as well, for the most part. However, the one thing I miss from TS3 are the spiral staircases. While I do love the option of regular modular stairs and the ladder, they take up a lot of space. I do appreciate the new feature of being able to turn the stairs to make a new shape or angle, but the spiral staircases, while saving space during building, also added another level of sophistication to the builds. Is there any news of when, if at all, they plan on adding it to the game? Maybe in a newer expansion pack, or maybe a game update if you have the newest pack like Snowy Escape, or Journey to Batuu.
    [quote="BillieJx;c-17717666"]A few suggestions for things I'd like to see:
    - Disabilities / Health conditions.
    - Problematic Pregnancies.
    - Benefits for those with children or who don't work (obviously not a drastic amount but something so it's possible to still live)
    - Religion/Believes
    - Nationalities/Cultures
    - More Careers - Active and Normal.
    - More university options.
    - The abilities to do courses for career development without university.
    - More life stages
    (Example)
    Newborn (up to 4 months) - does little things, needs teen and older to help with needs and for interaction
    Infant - learns to roll, sit, crawl and early talking skills, the ability to wean baby onto food.
    Both baby and infant can get temporary traits due to phases/leaps (sleep regression, growth spurts ect.)
    Early years toddler (1-2yrs) - learns to walk, run, talk more of a range of vocabulary, towards the end gets the possibility to enter the "terrible 2's phase". Can make Mark's when given drawing items.
    Toddler (2+) - Continues to progress with skills. Begins to read and draw/write. Can learn other languages. Can become potty trained. Once toddler skills are complete can progress on to child skills. Can go to preschool for 2 days a week (gives parents ability to work and toddlers a chance to interact with other toddlers rather than only people within their household).
    Young child - progress on to school. If potty training wasnt completed as a toddler can be completed now within a small time frame. Independently reads and writes. Clubs/Jobs option for swimming lessons, scouts, brownies.
    Child - same as present. The option for more 'jobs' brownies, swimming lessons, dance classes, stage school, book club.
    Preteen - progression from child skills to adult skills is possible. Can develop crushes and flirt / have first kiss and fantasies about their future, plan dream wedding, get a boyfriend/girlfriend. Can become a 'hopeless romantic' or a 'workaholic'.
    Young Teenager - the ability to miss school, woohoo, parents can give 'the talk', gain habits and addictions (explore habits such as 'smoking' and becoming a 'sex addict') When not being home for a period of time can get 'run away teen' trait.
    Teenager - can now get a job, go to skill classes, can have 'risky sex' with the possibility to become pregnant (low chance).
    Twenteens (late teens / early twenties) - finished high school. Perfect age for further education. The option to do online courses instead of university. Higher chance to become a 'young parent'. Can also find out about fertility issues during this stage and beyond.
    Adults - same as young adults, with the ability to have 'midlife crises'. Plan will. Women may enter menopause.
    Early age Elder - can retire, become childcare for grandchildren. Can consider going to a retirement home.
    Elder - same as above with a slightly higher chance to pass.[/quote]

Adding on to what I've previously said (as quoted above), I think along with disabilities and health conditions we need more use of the hospital for those with get to work. We should be able to send ill sims to a doctor at least. Given that we can injure our sims during sports and now skiing and snowboarding I think broken bones, fractures and pulled muscles could all be incorporated and this would give hospitals more uses. Towards the end of your sims life we should have the possibility for sending elders to old peoples homes or those with life long conditions end of life care places. Sims should have the ability for growing pains and for girls period pains. Maybe we could even add doctor surgeries do the world??

Given the new lifestyle feature I'm disappointed by the limit on lifestyles. I managed to get one sim 3 in one go by living and skiing at the top of the mountain. (Outdoorsy, Energetic and Adrenaline Seeker.) Given some tasks/activities can give you multiple I think it'd only be fair to not have a limit and to add more possibilities for lifestyles. Our sims NEED MORE DIVERSITY.

As for pregnancies, I get that on a short lifespan 3 days is a lot but on the longer ones it isn't enough. Pregnancy lengths should differ. We should have appointments and scans!! Wanna find out babies gender or if its double trouble? Why not have a scan? Even if our sims have to pay for it. That little photograph would look super cute as a gift for a relative or even on your living room wall!

There are so many factors that make us as individuals us so why can't our sims be more diverse? I for one would love to have a sad story with a poorly sim and trying to make the best out of it, see how our sims adapt.

We can make more use out of what we have with more possibilities!!

As for what I said about Religions and things, they have different traditions, make churches, let us get married and have a wonderful use for something which could be so so basic. We have a calendar with seasons so why couldn't we add a day of religion for a church ceremony?

I also miss the good old bookstore and supermarket. Bring them back!

I love that newcrest gives us out own place to build and do as we wish but I'd love to make a good few edits to lot sizes, the climate, the surroundings. I'd much rather another built up place than somewhere I can only build and play - I know this isn't something a lot of people say but that's my view. I personally use it for more cheap housing so I can add loads of my own sims and otherwise new buildings we get with expansion packs (retail, vets, spas) I haven't yet tried making a rental lot anywhere for a holiday though I think we should be able to rent out properties too. In my eyes the only good places for the use of living and rental would be our already have holiday destinations and otherwise sulani. More holiday destinations would be great!

Work and Education wise I think we need more careers, more after school activities, the possibility of different schools, they all live in different worlds but go to one school where is it?! Private schools (paid for by families) maybe even boarding schools. We have university and can live and learn there so what difference would it make for younger sims? That should give us the ability if we choose to focus more on one sims rather than all those at home.

Whilst on the topic of education and children I think we should have a care home, a child sim whose parents who die so we don't have to start over why can't they go into a care home and you play as that individual sim or maybe them and their siblings and you go through the process of foster homes and adoptions or you stay there until you're old enough to move out? Siblings could even be fostered or adopted separately.

Without sounding funny, sims autonomy isn't too great even on full whack. I used to think it was horrendous even when it was only slight automony (they did way too much then) though honestly on full my sims do very little for themselves and sometimes wont even go to the toilet or feed themselves resulting in death! I think we should be able to make as big of a household as we would like (obviously not ridiculous numbers) and only be able to control one or two. Given the limit on 8 sims I genuinely couldn't make my parents and all my siblings - 2brothers 2half brothers 1halfsister 1stepsister 1stepbrother then there's me (I could add another brother as one passed and thats without parents and step parents!) - it would be impossible!

Talking about families, when creating families we should have the ability to create relations without the sim in link (nan and granddaughter for example) I can't make my sims live with aunts or grandparents purely based off of this without creating someone and moving them out or killing them off if I want them completely absent from my game. Another thing is the family tree, it should show more relatives, show my sims aunts and uncles and their children! I don't want to have to click on things to see that my cousins name is something or another 🤷🏼‍♀️🤣 Whats wrong with the option for a full tree and a direct line tree (like what we currently have)?

God I really go on don't I? 😂🤦🏼‍♀️
    Oooh and another thing...

In create a sim can we have a link to add a relation from a already made household?
    So like we go on the relations of the household bit (even for one sim) and click relations in world/game and it opens up a list like the library of sims in game and gives us the option to search for them, you select the sim and pick the relation and then it reviews what your relations would be with others related to that sim within the game...

So for example I create Mother and daughter. I make the Mum sisters with Nancy Landgraab and therefore it updates me telling me that both my sims are in relation to them Mum is sister/sister-in-law/aunt, daughter is cousin/niece. I also wouldn't mind the possibility for setting my sims up with people via that as friends, then I wont have to struggle in world to find them and create the first bond. I wouldn't agree to marrying sims via this extended option though about romantic relationships in general, why can I not start off as boyfriend/girlfriend or engaged?! It's always married... what if I don't want them married? It bugs me in that case when I have to go through and build it all up!!
    Me again, you know the annoying one who doesn't shut up 🤣

Length of ages!!

[quote="BillieJx;c-17717666"]
    - More life stages
    (Example)
    Elder - same as above with a slightly higher chance to pass.[/quote]

At present the ages are either too long or too short of a phase so either we need more life stages and/or a length adjustment.
    I know you can change on settings from short, normal and long. That's not what I'm saying needs to be done...

On short my sim was a teen for 5 days given all the expansion packs (namely parenthood) it is not possible to get the character trait rewards. Baby 3 days, to match pregnancy length I get... Toddler should be at least 2 weeks to have a proper chance to get the toddler skills complete. Child could potentially need about 3 weeks to complete one ambition along and that's without considering the other skills and large households would need more time to progress them. Teen maybe 2-3 weeks. Being a young adult for 11 days is ridiculous when given university, at least it takes about 3 weeks to get a degree!! By the time they have a job they'll be elders and wont be able to have kids!

Given what I said about life stages previously.
    Pregnancies need to be longer at least a week long!! The length doesn't differ depending on the lifespan length which it should because the others do! Baby should be as long as pregnancy still if not a few days longer. Toddler should be at least double the length of that. Child should be at least 3x as long as baby as should teen. YA should be at least an extra week longer than child/teen. Adult should be longer again. As for elder well that differs normally anyway so 🤷🏼‍♀️

Now excuse me for a second whilst I explain my life stages and their lengths.
    Pregnancy - 1½ weeks
    Newborn - ½ week
    Infant - 1½ weeks
    EYT - 1 week
    Toddler - 2 weeks
    YC - 1½ weeks
    Child - 2 weeks
    Preteen - 3 weeks
    YT - 2½ weeks
    Teen - 3 weeks
    Twenteens - 3½ weeks
    YA - 4 weeks
    Adult - 6 weeks
    EAE - 3½ weeks
    Elder - until death.

Whilst I'm here I'd also like to point out how unrealistic it is with my sim only being hungry once a day and using the toilet once and sometimes twice in a day. The day goes way too quickly... it just took my sim like 2 hrs (level 10btw) to make a fruit salad and about an hour and a half to eat it. Going to the toilet takes ridiculous time too... no wonder why I feel like we need our lifespans to be increased 🤷🏼‍♀️ we spend 20% of the time doing what we want them to accomplish and 80% using the toilet, showering, eating and making food and thats without the fun and social needs - which drop ridiculously fast.

Another thing I'd really like if my sims birthday could always land in the same season, anyone else? Like my sim born in Summer called summer is now a winter baby? Seasonal names become so ridiculous in sims... xx
  • MereshoeMereshoe Posts: 1 New Member
    A stuff pack that adds the option to make bands would be great. It could be handled similar to/or as an addition to clubs. But with an option to assign instruments. Add some instruments (drums for example), CAS items for punk/metal/mod looks and a "venue" lot trait.
    It could expand on other packs too, which is always a plus. Such as 'Get Together' and 'Get Famous'. Throw in expanded "write song" options, play venue gig, maybe even have your Sim's music play on the radio. Karaoke could have added content as well. Creating more appeal to the pack by having it enhance pre-existing content.
  • RobotBuddyRobotBuddy Posts: 1 New Member
    Items to add to Sims 4 (Consoles)
    Please Items to add to Sims 4 (Consoles)

-Nail Colors
    -Phone cases (different types)
    -Color Wheel (Eyes/Hair/Nails)
    -More Kitchen Gadgets/Customization Options
    -Longer hairstyles
    -Tons of NEW Food!!
    -More Movies/Tv Shows
    -More Male/Female Hygiene Products
    -More Computer Games (Example: World Of Warcraft type game)
    -Longer Eyelashes
    -More Romantic/Friendly Options
    -Phone Plans (If Possible Example: Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon)
    -Wifi Options
    -Robbers/Security Systems (Like Sims 3)
    -Please make an option where you don't have to allow Sims you didn't create walk around the world
    -New Jobs (President *wink* *wink*)
    -Cont. New Jobs (Twitch Streamer where they can interact with their viewers)
    -More detailed bill summary
    -More Cute Poses for when they take selfies/pictures with the cameras
    -More realistic illnesses with more medication to treat them
    -School bus that picks/drops the kids off at home/school (like Sims 3)
    -Realistic Cooking Animations like pulling out pans/ingredients from the cupboards/fridge
    -Facial Treatments/Acupuncture Options
    -Animations where they move in their sleep like we all know most of us do
    -Alarm Clocks
    -Online School/Private Schools
    -Better daycare for the little tots
    -More options to order food (not just pizza but maybe like Chinese food)

Please do whatever it takes for them to notice this I really think these features would be awesome and a great update for us console gamers since we don't get to use CC
  • FwGiaFwGia Posts: 2 New Member
    I absolutely love this game the only problem I have is that my sims keep making food even though there is food in the refrigerator and they didn’t start doing that until the latest update happened and another thing I think it would be cool if there were more jobs and maybe there could be allowed maybe 10 people in a household instead of 8
  • cconsimscconsims Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi there,

I would really like another feature in the University pack. It would be great if we could maybe have a progress bar for every course that shows how far your knowledge is at that point. If all the bars are full, you'll know what kind of grade to expect. This is great for actually letting your Sim study. Right now I just eyeball it by having them study every course for about three hours, but I have no clue if that's too much. I can have my sim do other stuff in that period of time.

Thank you for the consideration. Keep up the good work!
  • MyrielliMyrielli Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a passion for game nights (both video and board games). The sims have added some computer games (sims can play the sims..simception lol). I would love for my sims to have a system and a board game cabinet (Simopoly, Terraform Plumbob(made up sim planet), Cards against Llamas, The Goth Mystery (solve Bella's disappearance from the original game), Haunting of Landgraab Manor (clue and betrayal of house on hill cross over), House of Glimmerbrook (like we have games in the Hogwarts universe the sims can have something similar), exploding or maybe unstable llamas, Gnomes and Llamas (RPG Dungeons and Dragons variation), etc. The ability for your sim to create their own game.

Do you have actors and filmmakers yet? Also, babies and pets not being objects anymore please.

Also EA please stop releasing the "burger" but in reality, you get the bun and everything else extra. The first Sims game had maybe five expansions and that felt more reasonable. Stop making half-finished games so you can make more money I know the programming/ coding has gotten better and more complicated and I want the game designers to get reasonable pay for all the work they have to put in, but I feel like there has to be a compromise so more than upper middle class can play.
  • AirplaneRandyAirplaneRandy Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey there, I made a reddit post of this and I'll post it here too.
    https://old.reddit.com/r/Sims4/comments/kgnvwb/mirage_park_in_del_sol_valley_is_by_far_the/

>Mirage Park in Del Sol Valley is by far the nicest and most realistic looking area to play in, but it's a real shame that there are only 3 live lots available. The rest of just facades. Here's hoping that someone can mod this area one day to change it into having 5 or more available lots.

I would love to see the Del Sol Valley world expanded, it's one of the best looking DLC worlds I have seen and this particular neighborhood looks amazing. I just wish that there were more playable lots in it instead of just 3. Please add more lots to this neighbourhood in this world in a future patch.
  • Efn92Efn92 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi.

Sims 4 has come a long way since it came out. I’m one of those who swore to Ts3 for a loooong time, but now I have really gotten in to the sims 4. Yai.
    I think the game is great but I do wish for a few things:

- spiral staircases (man I miss them)
    - Longer life spand.
    - more power to the ultra speed
    - I love have a flagpole outside my sims house if they are a politician or military, I wish the flags would react more to the weather and wind. Looks a bit wired to me when there’s a storm and the flags just hang there like nothing is happening.
    - More careers active and not
    - Let sims go to the hospital If they are sick or hurt.
    - Larger residential districts. Place expand some of the already existing ones. Like Windenburg and del sol.
    - Ability to adjust bookcases and such in hight
    - Cars (more drivable then ts3)
    - More things in the expansion packs that you can place right away
    - Chill down the fans a bit (it’s almost impossible to go out too eat, they always make you talk to them way off from the table)
    - More ambitions.
    - More office stuff would be cool.
    - A new career where you run your own office business where you can build the office yourself if you want to.
    - Hotels (buyable)
    - Private and boarding school
    - More order in options
    - Option to paint a portrait of some one in your household (make it easier then it is today)
    - Alarm system and burglars.

I’m sure I have more if I wanna think more about it, but this is what I can come up with now :-)

Thanks
  • Efn92Efn92 Posts: 2 New Member
    Oh... one more thing: opening hours for your restaurant or shop so they automatically open and close if you want them too.
  • SugarCherryoSugarCherryo Posts: 2 New Member
    I love the game and everything is so fun to do, but it really lacks the open world, like in the previous Sims game. It would be nice to travel to your neighbours house or a park without having to stare at a loading screen. Also maybe adding more pets would be a good idea, like horses and stuff?
  • Judgemental01Judgemental01 Posts: 1 New Member
    What you liked
    slightly better graphics
    neat building features

What you didn't like
    NO GARAGES/CARS!?? seriously??
    Cannot connect 2 different foundation heights
    no curved walls
    cant put basement stairs below first floor stairs
    many issues with foundation
    No full wall windows for the 'triangle' shaped roof (meaning windows that follow the slant of the roof)
    Not enough big lots!
    no 64x64 lot
    towns are too small/limited in lot options

Suggestions?
    GIVE ME GARAGES/CARS!! (doesnt have to be driveable just for building)
    COLOR WHEEL! - the colors in the game are awful and way too limited, i liked sims 3 you could make your own color, i feel so limited in my decorating in this game, too many times i cant create what i desire as the colors dont match up right
    Add curved walls (like you see in castles or mansions)
    CREATE A TOWN - bring this back! it was so great!
    BIGGER/MORE LOTS! - each town is so limited and why do they only ever have small lots? I have to make a new game constantly just to make a new home, I like my big lots! and what happened to 64x64??

Overall thoughts?
    I only play and have only ever played sims for building, i love building homes on this game and whilst it has many great features its also missing a lot of things and missing things that i loved about the sims 3.
  • Grad0507Grad0507 Posts: 4 New Member
    Can you create a homeschooling pack? There should be at least English, math, history, etc. with possible electives. I'm thinking there should be a way to tailor education depending on learning type and/or learning disability. The minimum amount of hours of schooling should match national standards (e.g 4 hours per day for 180 days except for holidays). The computer can have interactions for learning of something like YouTube or learning from an online site. Toys can help them level up in different subjects. This could interact with the Toddler, Parenting, Seasons, College, and Career packs.
  • Grad0507Grad0507 Posts: 4 New Member
    You could also add correspondence colleges.
  • LukaMarieLukaMarie Posts: 2 New Member
    I think it'd be cool if there were an anime pack for people who are fans of anime
  • LukaMarieLukaMarie Posts: 2 New Member
    Disabled sims please! It would add more representation. That and the ability for them to break bones and have to go to the hospital for it. The realistic parts of Sims 4 make it incredible and adding more of this stuff would make the game even more inclusive.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited February 2021
    Grad0507 wrote: »
    You could also add correspondence colleges.

I like this idea.

My wish list:
    Visiting neighbours in the same neighbourhood - without a loading screen.
    When walking to work, they go to the edge of the map rather than vanish outside the front. That’s so jarring! 😩.
    More roofing tools for complex builds.
    Able to make a team sport - that would probably be a pack. 🥺
    Grumpy trait - I see this as having random sad and angry emotions.
    Online learning to earn qualifications.
    Turn ons and turn offs - I loved that in Sims 2.
    Werewolf🐺!

Sorry if I repeated any.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    So I decided to branch out, make my sim do something completely ...different. Tried a bit of archaeology. Except that my sim started learning... gardening before ever entering the jungle!

When was the last time Indiana Jones entered a tomb to water his petunias???
  • celinexxcelinexx Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Sims! :) I'm a massive fan and spend most of my free time playing sims, I have all the packs and just love the game through and through. I am a female in my 20s, and I know the majority of your audience are female so you would like to add packs that are appealing to us and you do a great job at this! However, I'd love to see more packs aimed towards other audiences too.
    My partner is also in his 20's and mostly plays Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight, he really enjoys watching me play sims though, and has even started to play it himself when he wants a stress-free gaming session. I feel like male audiences would enjoy the game a lot more if they had more options/packs that could appeal to them, the Star Wars is a great example as my partner was more excited than I was when it was revealed.

My example for a different pack would be a vehicle mechanic pack! Or a supercar pack. Possibly a map that includes a big racing track, some garages, possibly rental sites, and VIP Lounges. It would be great to customize the map/track to different racing styles (e.g: F1 Racing, NASCAR, Sports Car Racing, Japanese drift tracks, etc). Customize the areas/ crowds with different sims style sponsors. Especially customize the cars you can have and include a different variety of cars that match the tracks. Other examples of packs could include a Comic-Con/Game-Con packs, Air Force/Submarine packs, Paintballing/Lazer Quest, and Mafia-style packs/outfits.

I would also love this pack because I would love to have more to do for my male sims in the game and it would add so much more gameplay/character to my families in-game. I hope this is in any way helpful for future packs/games! Many thanks