Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited February 2021
    Serena update

9NdGFA5.jpg

zoT0iMn.jpg

zJtIs46.jpg

9mWYxew.jpg

zJtIs46.jpg

Early morning and Noah is fast asleep.

ZMRdxVr.jpg

Baxter wanted to wake him up but told him no, let him sleep.

pP6WET9.jpg

T7CVKan.jpg

Sent him outside until the house is awake by itself.

O8OJIw8.jpg

Serena had made breakfast waffles.

B3ROi6P.jpg

She taught Baxter to sit.

OAJXoFy.jpg

Noah went to play by the festival area.

oqEr8z1.jpg

Baxter followed

Someone asked about Baxters breed,
    I'm not sure just chosen something and did not read the breed itself.

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Anyone else struggle with hair for guys? Like none of them look good 🤪

Yeah... I find most of them look like boy-band hair. Where's some good military style and short business-style cuts. ~sigh~
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    This really isn't an issue with my game well it is but not game breaking.

So I went to select a town from the main menu and it says I don't own the store worlds.So I exited out and redownloaded them and my
    launcher says they are installed, so I went into the installed tab and uninstalled them, closed the launcher restarted and it still says they
    are installed.Went into the installed worlds folder and they aren't there.

I really miss Lana's CC finds, having a hard time finding stuff without it.:(

@GraceyManor - you should put a copy of your CC in a separate folder (outside of the game) separated by category...and that way you don't have to go finding the CC all over again - just copy and paste what you need in your game back in.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited February 2021
    This really isn't an issue with my game well it is but not game breaking.

So I went to select a town from the main menu and it says I don't own the store worlds.So I exited out and redownloaded them and my
    launcher says they are installed, so I went into the installed tab and uninstalled them, closed the launcher restarted and it still says they
    are installed.Went into the installed worlds folder and they aren't there.

I really miss Lana's CC finds, having a hard time finding stuff without it.:(

@GraceyManor - you should put a copy of your CC in a separate folder (outside of the game) separated by category...and that way you don't have to go finding the CC all over again - just copy and paste what you need in your game back in.
    It’s not stuff I had but lost I’m just searching for new cc and can’t seem to find any decent stuff for my theme.I found a few but when my sim wears it their arms are invisiable.
    I see, it's a royal pain when most of the stuff that comes up is for Sims 4 or it's not "exactly" what it is that you're looking for or if the cc is borked... (like in the case of the stuff you found).

Same here with military stuff that I want in my game. It's I either render it myself...or find some other way to make it possible. Still trying to find US-style modern combat helmets....and a particular sidearm - M9.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited February 2021
    I see, it's a royal pain when most of the stuff that comes up is for Sims 4 or it's not "exactly" what it is that you're looking for or if the cc is borked... (like in the case of the stuff you found).

Same here with military stuff that I want in my game. It's I either render it myself...or find some other way to make it possible. Still trying to find US-style modern combat helmets....and a particular sidearm - M9.

Trying to find Sci fi themed clothing/armor is hard. I usually stick with the medieval armor as its the closest I found.But it looks borked.lol Not sure how to fix it.
  • DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@emorrill Awesome cont. of chapter 12! You Know I've been waiting! :):smiley:

Great patient room! But I bypass it quickly so I don't think I have to go to work!!! LOL I recommend being retired to Everyone! It is like being a kid out on summer vacation!

Emily is so so nice and talented to make the scrubs ad white coat for Harvey (And Creator Goddess!) ;)

''“I do have one, I just always kept it in my closet at home. It seemed the patients felt more relaxed when I wasn’t wearing it.”'' He is So smart! Silver Fox has white coat syndrome and his blood pressure sky rockets as soon as he sees the doc, luckily our doc is so smart, she sends a medical assistant out to the calming lobby to take his BP, and it is nice and low! ;):D

''“Well, maybe not in the physical sense ... '' WHAT?!?! what kind of doctor is he? Of Course Shane <3 needs her in the physical sense. *shakes head* :D:D:D

''You’re the perfect woman for Shane'' yes she Is!

I agree about bekkasan!!! ''She Knows things Watcher'' all my sims tell me! :);) Yes I am so happy about Cabana and Marigold, together at last!!

yes Quigley will make the best daddy, I am sure, but I hope he waits till adult to get the wish! :o I need to get out of there before I see the wish, for Sure!

It was the most weird thing to have Faelie get a boy, not twins ad Then learn later that Max was the step father! my game would be a lost cause if it weren't for MC!

Ziggy!!! I wasn't even thinking of Quantum Leap more like Ziggy Stardust! :) (and my first ever in game born child that the game tried to drown! repeatedly! and they lived in that house in Sunset Valley where you can't see the sim under the bridges in the massive pool!)

lol I Know! Victors muscles and well everything! He is so fun and funny! I had a BF in 7th grade like him, crazy over the moon in love with me and kinda dumb and shy, but utterly charming, and funny. My Mom loved him more than me I think! She would make him cookies and make him come in the kitchen and make him drink gallons of milk! She never did that for me! :D

Teddy and Adan deserve their own place and own life, I just love them! I will play them! <3 As soon as Victor gets to the top of his career, then Teddy and Adan can retire and go to their own home. They want to be in the military, anyway.

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!!

@Silverofdreams30 Oh Noah is an adorable toddler!

and Noah as a child is already so handsome!

Baxter is sooo fluffy I want to pet him! what a cute dog!

@venusdemilosims TY !!! I hope to see more of you stories! beautiful pics!

@bekkasan TY for comments on my story thread! always love reading what you say!
    Eeeeek :o No! I don't have a sim self! I am too scared!
    I do have 2 peoples sim self and have to make sure they are happy and well taken care of, I'm like their Mommy! lol
    so it is work! They live in RiverView.

I have Craven married to the prettiest girl, Not who he says he loves because she was So stu'pid and didn't even take care of his child and left her on the Lawn all the time! :open_mouth: He divorced her and Married Alyssa, (Amelina's daughter) the smartest sexiest sim! And they have a daughter. He is really a smart sim btw and great father!

And I have Ck213 Cairo, married to Lawanda, the most delightful and sweet girl EA made. She's the GF who stuck by him when Cairo was a lothario, having all those hilarious affairs being the worst possible man in the world, until CK said he was making himself sick and couldn't take it anymore! :D:D LOL
    Lawanda is the Best! I gave them the good life and they had 3 children.
    Lawanda is very happy and Cairo is his normal devoted family man, thank goodness!

btw Lawanda is the skin and essence of Leelu, Marigold and Cherie, she is soo sweet & wonderful I play her all the time!

I can't Wait to see your supernatural save! <3

@Tamijo Great update! Oh love the pic with the parrot flying! good catch!
    I'm so glad john and Myra are in love!
    pretty spot for Jenny to play her concert! who is the guy in the green striped shirt? he reminds me of someone!
    Marple is not wearing a typical 'Mom' top! But maybe it is convenient for nursing! :)

''Most of the others thought she should be chained in the café'' What on earth!?!?!

''next thing I find myself near her house looking through the windows, just to get a glimpse." did Greg really??? oh whew! read the editorial :D

TY for the comments! :)

@izecson lol I love when sims protest!

@Nikkei_Simmer good luck! awaiting Huaro's return!

Have a fun day everyone! :smiley:
    I'm getting the feeling that Sims 3 was aware of what was coming down the turnpike.
    Self-AwareSims3.png
    My screencap popped up a simoleons in the background of the "Calibrating social distancing". Yeah...even in 2009 it realized that social distancing costs money...BIG money.
    source.gif
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited February 2021
    @GraceyManor I went to your site and found some great stuff! Thanks for organizing it. I miss Lana's too. I got a lot of my stuff through there. One mistake I made last night is that I found a bunch of CC and accidentally deleted it!

@DivaDoodle Lovely wedding!

@Silverofdreams30 Whatever breed he is, he sure is a cutie!

@Nikkei_Simmer Katrina sounds like she'll be, ahem, interesting, to play! Lol

@Tamijo Your system sounds interesting. Hope Greg isn't setting himself up for heartbreak.

@izecson I would assume so! Lol

@emorrill Yeah I think I'm going to have to pony up for Photobucket yearly. Most of my pics are still there, lol. I don't feel like deleting them at this stage. Thanks for trying to piece that story together.

Guys I told you that sometime last year I finally got off my duff and hit 'publish' on the last few chapters of Vanderburg Squared that I had sitting in my drafts. I wrote them years ago but never actually published them. For the unfamiliar, Vanderburg Squared was a story about fraternal twin sisters Alexandra and Anastasia, who were born in game in Hidden Springs to the royal couple, Catarina and Renauld Vanderburg. When the twins grew up, they signed on to do a reality television show, much to the chagrin of their mother. She responded by giving them an ultimatum to marry within a certain period of time. Let's just say they operated on their own time table, not hers. Lol

Screenshot-89.jpg
    The infamous Vanderburg twins, Alexandra (left) and Anastasia.

Vanderburg Squared: The 'Lost' Chapters

118 http://vanderburgsquared.blogspot.com/2014/02/chapter-one-hundred-eighteen.html

119 http://vanderburgsquared.blogspot.com/2014/02/chapter-one-hundred-nineteen.html

120 http://vanderburgsquared.blogspot.com/2014/08/chapter-one-hundred-twenty.html

121 http://vanderburgsquared.blogspot.com/2014/08/chapter-one-hundred-twenty-one_6.html

122 http://vanderburgsquared.blogspot.com/2014/08/chapter-one-hundred-twenty-two.html
    Post edited by venusdemilosims on
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

edited February 2021
    @DivaDoodle

Thank you,
    the dad is one of the bouncers in Bridgeport haha. B)
    Congrats to the two getting married, they will be happy for sure.

@venusdemilosims

Thank you, he sure is cute.
    Lovely photo.
    I have another update to post, but I do that
    tomorrow.
    edited February 2021
    DivaDoodle wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer good luck! awaiting Huaro's return!
    I want to send them off to university...so I'm looking forward to getting that matter all straightened out. I'm more stubborn than the game. I WILL find out what's wrong with the game...and get down to the bottom of it. :mrgreen: I love this game too much to ever toss up my hands in frustration and "give up" on the game.

@venusdemilosims - I'm looking forward to putting her into a save of her own...but that might be down the line. I've got three saves on the go already with my having to make my sims cc for my "Mushroom Cloud Chronicles" as well as my "Punchout" save - (that's mil-speak for ejecting from a stricken aircraft which the sims in that story-line had to do before they ended up stranded on an island. And the reboot of the "Selfacy - 10 Generation Legacy".

ChikamoriSelfacyReboot_banner.pnghttps://sims3chikamoriseflacy.blogspot.com/p/the-chikamori-selfacy.html
    JAGS3_Punchout.pnghttps://sims3punchout.blogspot.com/
    SunsetValley_MCC_header.pnghttps://mcc-sunsetvalley.blogspot.com/

I think I've got my hands full for now. Although she might make a good wife to Yasunobu who lost his "evil, scheming narcissistic psycho of a wife, Mayumi..." to the Watcher's wrath (he flattened her with a meteor... or two...)
    emorrill wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    ...so my wife says... um...going to stop right there... :embarrassed:
    ^Oh my! :lol: Yeah, probably best if you do. ;):p
    ...it's always tough when every-day living expenses have to be taken into account with regards to the severance pay... and all that needs to be dealt with...and trying to save whatever you can of it to look forward. Fingers crossed for you and your family for your hubby to get a good solid job that he enjoys as well as provides for the family well.
    ^Ditto! You hit the nail right on the head. 👍
    Thank you again. <3
    Glad to know that the flies coming from many dirty plates won't kill your sims on The Sims 3. :star:
    Of course you still wish they did that. :smirk:;):p

~evil grin~ Of course. Sims need to be self-aware enough to clean the house occasionally. Or the place will start to reek. :mrgreen: Thankfully Haruo is about to marry a "neat" sim. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    122 The Watcher Watches: Max & Faelie's House. <3 Quigley & Fern Wedding part 2 <3 Fire!

Right in the middle of dancing with his precious Gem, Victor gets called to a Fire Emergency!
    And Oakley says she will come too! she likes running the siren and lights!

I don't know How Victor knows about The Fire!
    "I Know when I'm needed, Watcher!" he tells me.
    d3xhcTv.jpg
    pnuBO67.jpg

Oh No! It's Gladsten's house!
    RRJGKVy.jpg
    kfQ6Lef.jpg
    p85p2cy.jpg

3 are trapped inside! Aiden what are you doing over here?
    qfz3kkN.jpg
    p4YRL9g.jpg

Gladsten and Frida, Serves you right for not going to your daughter's Wedding!!!
    G5vXkCs.jpg
    BxfTe1L.jpg

Victor is such an amazing fireman that he suddenly appears inside the house to knock the front door down!
    M4o7dc6.jpg
    T7uyuP7.jpg

'Get out Aiden!" he says "there's is still cake at the wedding and Amelina was looking at Alfie!
    6ySe29t.jpg

Pk16r1o.jpg
    NQEpVx5.jpg
    "C'mon Frida! Out! it's not safe! "
    uqKReaj.jpg

uad0vqZ.jpg
    NM2bRuV.jpg
    "Out Gladsten! says Victor
    r6PpPSX.jpg

Victor started right where the people were, to save lives, but now he needs to put out the fire in the garage! I can't even see him!
    53fDiBW.jpg
    1wbnol1.jpg
    MaObMhD.jpg
    ciO04P9.jpg

He tries to rub the smoke and soot out of his eyes!
    LlQoXwV.jpg
    38tLG3W.jpg
    NT3YIOh.jpg
    6VikYT8.jpg

Once the flames are out, Victor almost barfs because he doesn't like dirty surroundings!
    KX8Brjc.jpg

Gladsten wants to thank him.
    Victor thinks "If you were only at the wedding, like you were supposed to be ... I would Never let my daughter down like that!!!"
    mGtVc5i.jpg
    FHDURPS.jpg

And Victor gets a promotion to Assistant Fire Chief! YAY!
    HsbO7CY.jpg
    OLQk9Mi.jpg
    FuKONKv.jpg

Victor can sense his beautiful wife needs him!
    Oakley is trying to make small talk to the 2 Were's that are surrounding her!
    Victor comes barreling down the road!
    Z9oazEk.jpg

"Back away from my wife, Laz, ya horrible cur!" says Victor
    V7PHHsl.jpg

""Are you ok Oakley? They didn't slobber on you did they?" Victor knows if there is one thing Oakley can't stand it's Were slobber!
    aFok0J9.jpg

The Weres back off and Victor tells Oakley about his promotion.
    "Oh Victor! I am so pleased and proud of you!''
    9SH71Y5.jpg
    fZ43dGp.jpg
    evSCDl7.jpg

"Victor, you are so wonderful, you should live in a new posh house!''
    ''Come and look at it! It's just down the street!"
    LP4Dt0o.jpg
    gBg5cVC.jpg
    58FpRqv.jpg

"Don't you Love it honey? Can we get it?" Oakley asks
    ws3LV1E.jpg

"Of course we can get it if you want it, Oakley!" says Victor. He noticed the Fairy Castle right away, so the house seems ok to him!
    6VkyzaK.jpg

"Oh goodie! Thank you!''
    ''You big strong Fireman, you! I just love you, you know!!" she purrs
    k8JKiBE.jpg
    Rj2hTWu.jpg

"Oh Oakley!" sighs Victor. 'I'm so glad she married me!' he thinks
    uN4lzKy.jpg
    xdqZxxY.jpg
    tyFqT5b.jpg

And they decide to try out the fairy castle, to make sure it's as good as the one at Max's.
    BpVODhL.jpg
    FfKOizP.jpg

The one at Max's has some one playing in it! having a fairy party!
    kdoe6hY.jpg
    Later I see it's baby Jewel, and she has the 'awesome party' and 'threw a great party' moodlet! LOL

The newlyweds return home, the wedding having erased the bad moodlets, Just as Quigley expected it would!

"Ferny, I love you, you mean so much to me" says Quigley "more than you'll ever know"
    M95WH8Y.jpg

"I love you too, Leely. You can always depend on me, I've got you."
    7xdMrVI.jpg

"My lovely wife, shall we make another child?" asks Max. He is not sure if she is ready for another so soon. He searches her eyes, in case she says yes, just to please him. He wants her to wish for it, too.
    QA9dB4J.jpg
    eXLq22q.jpg
    HQ9XocC.jpg

"I'm not quite ready, Maxy " whispers Faelie
    MXyZkFo.jpg

"But you know I love you, with all my heart!"
    lzX9jR5.jpg
    h0FXGVX.jpg

Faelie's Love makes Max overjoyed! There is nothing like it!
    MoDYNe1.jpg
    rOW3P6r.jpg

'My precious Jewel needs her Da and teddy bear!!' thinks Victor
    WNRwW2H.jpg
    "Come Oakley, we need to go home!"

"No Faelie, she needs Me!" Victor explains.
    35xV98Q.jpg
    TAWBZGR.jpg

"Dada!" says Jewel
    Qv2LpHM.jpg
    akpf8NE.jpg
    TY7GLQA.jpg
    24ymCtR.jpg

Only Dada can makes things just right, thinks little Jewel.
    zJ5dxFf.jpg
    edited February 2021
    For those of you who like Baxter and would want him in your game
    if you own the pets expansion, I have uploaded him here.

https://simfileshare.net/download/2374695/

Good night
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    @DivaDoodle Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the pics. :)
    @bekkasan It works pretty well with all sorts of trash. I just interrupt the the clean up action so they'll drop it somewhere, then move to the stone. Just don't try it with dirty laundry or your sims may stop producing the laundry piles.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Here's the next part of the Chapter 12 everyone. :mrgreen: I had lots of fun writing this one. :blush: (It will have to be split into 2 different posts...)

*The Festival scene contains an "Easter egg" of sorts - starting at the end of this first post - from a certain character's 8 heart event in Stardew Valley and I just had to incorporate in to this story. <3<3<3 I hope that will be a nice surprise to those of you who know the game. :blush:

Enjoy! :smiley:

Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Conclusion to Chapter 12

A Fall Festival magically arrived in Appaloosa. It was first discovered by Alex and Haley on their many outings and they enjoyed the heck out of it alone before telling the others about it. Elliott and Leah weren’t too anxious to head on over and check it out, but planned to eventually. Shane and Emily felt the same. Sebastian wanted to take Abigail there alone, but somehow Sam ended up tagging along, suggesting Maru come as well since he knew Sebastian would most likely pair off with Abigail and he didn’t want to be the lone third wheel. Maru really didn’t care to go - especially if it meant finding herself alone with Sam - but she kind of wanted to see if anything “official” would happen between her brother and Abigail there. It was no mystery that he always had feelings for her and they were on the cusp of becoming an item. Just like everyone else here..., she thought. After the way Abigail comforted her a few days back, she gained more admiration for Abigail and found her to honestly be a really suitable match for her brother. I wonder how dad would feel about them getting together? He probably wouldn’t care about it as much as he would when I finally get a boyfriend. She sighed, then shook her head. Stop thinking like that Maru...it doesn’t always matter what dad thinks. Remember what Abby said…

The four had a great time out together. So much so that it didn’t feel right to Sebastian or Abigail to pair off, they just wanted to have a fun time out with their friends.
    “And really, it would be torture to leave Maru alone with Sam,” Abigail said to him in all seriousness.
    “True! But man, as much as I would love for my best friend to hook up with my sister, he’s no match for her.”
    “No.”

Harvey and Penny spent most of the day together since they started dating and would sweetly, yet sadly, part ways every evening. On some evenings, it was tempting to do what the other couples would do and just spend the night together. However both didn’t want to put themselves in a position where they might get carried away when they felt it best to make love after getting married.

Marriage. It was a word that was continually sneaking into Harvey’s mind lately and it was the greatest desire of his heart to marry Penny. There was nothing in the world he felt more sure about: she was the one for him and he wanted to make a beautiful future with her. His life finally felt complete with her in it.

When he found out that none of the others planned on visiting the Festival in the near future he asked Penny out on a date to it for the next day. There was something he’d been dying to tell her for days now and he wanted the perfect moment to express it in. Alone.

He woke up early, putting on the nicest, casual outfit he could find and dabbing on the best cologne. It was going to be a wonderful day, he could feel it. His heart fluttered with anxiousness as well as excitement as he drove over to the girl’s house, just as the sun barely made it up over the horizon. He couldn’t wait another minute to see his girl.

50979991466_911b86fa89_c.jpg

He told Penny he would pick her up at nine so they would have the entire day to spend at the Festival. It was a little after 8:30 when he arrived - whoops - but he didn’t mind waiting on Penny to finish getting ready. He’d wait all eternity for her.

A little after nine, Penny came down the stairs and Harvey instantly stood up from the couch to greet her. His heart beat rapidly against his chest at the sight of her, aroused by how incredibly gorgeous she looked. Her auburn hair was down and curled, her lips a rose red, and she was wearing the cutest long-sleeved dress, leggings, and ankle boots; fit for the occasion. The man stared at her speechless. She definitely graced the entire first floor of the house with her presence and it seemed all the lights turned and spotlighted on her.

“Hey you,” Penny softly greeted, feeling similar feelings upon seeing him.
    “Wow,” Harvey whispered. “You look...gorgeous! More so than that autumn sunrise out there this morning.”

50980101542_43d5afc69e_c.jpg

“Aww,” she blushed, holding her hand to her chest. “Thank you.”

50980101512_15d667e97e_c.jpg

Harvey couldn't resist taking her into his arms and tenderly kissing her, pulling her in close.

50979991281_eccd8df9e0_c.jpg

“Mmm. You’re looking pretty handsome yourself,” Penny expressed. “Hot, actually.”
    No girl had ever called Harvey “hot” before and he was very flattered by it. “Thanks, but you’ll always be the hot one in this relationship.”
    She giggled.
    “Mmm,” he moaned as he continued to kiss her. “I know we should go but...I just can’t get enough of you.” His motor was revved up. “You don’t mind if we keep doing this for a bit do you?”

50979991311_825edfe272_c.jpg

“Not at all...we got time.”
    “Mmm hmm.”

50980101447_1b1289a395_c.jpg

They continued to kiss for almost five straight minutes.

Then Penny pulled back for a moment to study his handsome face. “Are you trying to grow out your mustache again?” she inquisitively asked. The stubble scratched at her lip a few times.

50980101372_a05abb73db_c.jpg

“Nah, it grows back fast. I didn’t feel like shaving...and maybe I wanted to tease you a little with it.” He smirked.
    Penny just shook her head with a grin.
    “I’ll shave it this evening if you wish.”
    “No...it’s fine,” she said, stroking his barely visible mustache with her finger. He kissed it. “Although I’d like it a little more if there was some stubble on your chin and cheeks to go with it.” Now she shot him a smirk.
    “Oh is that right?”
    “Yeah,” she answered coyly.

50980101327_c908669ef8_c.jpg

“Well, I’ll see what I can do.”
    “You’re so silly, but sweet.”
    “For you my dear, I’ll do anything.”

Harvey loved watching Penny’s eyes light up as they pulled up to the Festival grounds.

“Oh wow,” she whispered, as he opened the car door for her and she stepped out. “It reminds me of the Carnival in Zuzu City! My dad took me once when I was a child...and it was one of the best days of my life.”
    Harvey wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and pressed his cheek against hers. “Hopefully this day will be just as great, if not better.”
    She caressed his cheek. “I’m sure it will be. Every day with you is the best.”
    They turned their heads and kissed.

“Now let’s go have some fun!” she happily cried, running toward the Festival square. Harvey followed behind with a broad grin.

Penny stopped dead in her tracks just before reaching the square, noticing something. “Oooh,” she expressed, “it’s one of those prize claw machines!”
    “Allow me my lady,” Harvey stepped forward with a strut. He’d practiced on a few of those in his younger days and he wasn’t always successful with it, but sometimes luck was on his side. He hoped it would be in this moment. “I’ll get you something real nice.”
    Penny giggled and smiled brightly as she watched him work.

50979289393_9f3aa40175_c.jpg

Okay…,Harvey thought, studying the prizes. Most of them looked like toddler’s toys and he’d feel funny getting her something like that. Then his eyes lit up as they happened upon a plump, mystery pouch of something valuable, since money didn’t exist in this world. He promptly positioned the claw directly over it, trying to get the geometry just right to make the catch. He pressed the button and down the opened claw went, closing over the bag. Penny’s heart even thumped in anticipation as she watched. The claw caught hold of the pouch and gradually brought it up out of the other contents. C’mon, Harvey encouraged, if only he had the power to maneuver it with his mind. That’s it…

50980101652_c6d127775c_c.jpg

Just as the claw reached the top - before moving over to the drop bin - the impact shook it which made it drop the bag back into the other prizes. “Nooooo!” Harvey cried.

50979289483_43627f5d90_c.jpg

“Dangit!” Penny said. “That was so close!”
    “Yes...it was,” he responded, glaring at the claw. Curse you stupid claw machines! You’re all the same!

50979289508_f97a126c06_c.jpg

“Maybe I can try,” she offered, stepping forward.

50979289528_02cf48516e_c.jpg

In Penny’s attempt the claw missed the mystery bag, but caught hold upon the tank toy next to it. “Oh yay! I actually got something! I never do!”
    “It’s gonna break loose…” Harvey couldn’t help muttering.

50979289563_9c1a29f40b_c.jpg

“I GOT IT!” she exclaimed with a squeal.
    “Awesome!” Harvey’s pride may have been hurt a tiny bit, but he was genuinely happy for her. He wasn’t going to let a dumb gambling machine get to him anyway.

50979991686_9ee25b86c3_c.jpg

He turned and kissed her in her victory. “Way to go beautiful.”

50979991701_86e683073b_c.jpg

Penny savored the sweet kiss. “I saw a little pumpkin patch over there,” she informed, gesturing with her head. “Let’s go pick out the perfect ones and then we can take them back to the car along with the toy.”
    “Sounds good.”

50979991486_f7bdf0d23c_c.jpg

After picking out a couple of good pumpkins, dark clouds started coming in and Harvey hoped and prayed it wouldn’t rain.

Next they found a trough filled with water and floating apples and decided to give it a whirl. It’d been years since either of them had done apple bobbing. It became a phased out activity back in Stardew Valley due to it being quite unsanitary, Harvey thought, but in a magical world like this, it was fine.

“You’re going down on this one Harvey,” Penny playfully taunted. “I was the undefeated champ one Halloween.”

50979289628_35eb2cf01e_c.jpg

“Is that so?”
    “Yep. Just watch me,” she shot him a cheeky smile. “Are you ready?”
    “Ready.”

The two knelt down and clasped their hands behind their back. Once Penny counted to three they started bobbing.

50979289668_19a48f376b_c.jpg

It took a couple of minutes for the two to figure out a good technique.

50979991781_b3f2256df5_c.jpg

Soon Penny caught her first apple…

50979991801_2d7e655d5a_c.jpg

...and dropped it on the ground beside her.

It wasn’t long afterward until Harvey finally snagged an apple. It about fell out of his teeth as he turned his head to drop it on the ground. Oh no you don’t!

50979289778_a30d4a2175_c.jpg

Somewhere amidst all the splashing and bobbing Harvey lost count of how many apples they both pulled out. He felt it was high time they stopped. “Okay...I’m done,” he spluttered.
    “Me...too,” came the breathless response.

They stood up and counted their pile of apples. Penny had four more than Harvey.
    “Woo hoo! Yeah!” she cheered.
    Harvey thought it was cute. “My goodness, at the rate this is going you’re gonna kick my butt at everything here…

50979991856_304de65be9_c.jpg

...I think I’m just getting too old for this kind of stuff.” He was mostly kidding.
    “Oh come ‘ere you,” she tenderly beckoned, taking him into her arms. “How many times must I assure you that you aren’t old? In my mind 32 never looked so good.”
    He blushed at her bouncing eyebrows and alluring gaze at him. “Well, I’m almost 33.”
    “Well then I’ll say it again, 33 never looked so good.”

50979289823_0f2d9fdeee_c.jpg

He chuckled and kissed her.

Noticing some tall, bright orange-red flowers growing just beside their feet, Harvey bent down and picked one for her.

50979289883_046b2915ef_c.jpg

“I present this to the winner of the apple bobbing contest,” he grinned, handing it to her.
    She chuckled as she took it and deeply inhaled its sweet aroma. “Thank you. It’s beautiful.”

As they looked around to see what other activity they could do, Penny’s eyes caught hold upon a very large hot air balloon towering over them from behind. Harvey kind of hoped she wouldn’t notice it, but honestly, how could she not?

“Ooooh a hot air balloon!” she said with excitement, gazing up at it. “That would be SO much fun! I’ve never been in one!”
    Harvey rubbed at his neck with a sigh, his heart pounding.

50979991906_f5ac2ee9c5_c.jpg

Then Penny’s smile faded as she remembered Harvey’s fear of heights. In the corner of her eye she could see the uneasiness written all over his face, and also that he felt bad about it for her sake. It’s okay, I can wait another time to ride in a hot air balloon. She took his hand, giving it a little tug. “C’mon. Let’s go check out the carousel instead.” But Harvey didn’t budge.
    “Wait,” he stopped her.
    She turned and gave him a questionable look.
    He pulled her closer to him, taking her other hand in his and gripping them tightly. “Let’s do it.”
    “What?”
    “Ride in the hot air balloon.”
    “But...your fear of heights…”
    “I know,” he paused, mustering up the courage, “but I don’t want to let that stop me from doing what I want to do. And right now I really want to take you up into that hot air balloon and experience flying in it for the first time with you.”
    Penny’s eyes glistened above her rosy cheeks as she smiled. “I really want to experience it for the first time with you too. Are you sure you’ll be alright?”
    “Yes,” he was telling himself more than he was telling her, “I’ll do my best not to get scared. I know that having you there beside me will give me strength.”
    “Oh Harvey…”

50980102117_9f41e3f5bf_c.jpg

...To be continued...very soon. :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @venusdemilosims
    my pleasure! my site is fairly new and I'm still searching for things to add ^_^
    But glad you liked it so far.
    Used Delphy's Dashboard and found a whole metric ton of duplicate files in my mods folder. Don't know where they all cropped up from, but got rid of the lot of them...and it appears to help some...with load times. Let's see though if the game will let me go to University. :( ~sigh~.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    I got a new keyboard and I'm not used to it.XD All the keys are much smaller and my pudgy fingers keep hitting the wrong buttons.
    Also got a new cord for my computer and seems to have fixed all the graphic issues....even though my other cord was new.-shrugs- I managed to save Ryan and Linda but am now have no urge to play their save...go figure.XD created a couple new sims.^_^
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited February 2021
    I'm doing a little bit on my Sims game today but don't have much time for it as there are so many other things I need to do.

@bekkasan thank you. I hope the sprites stay happy too but I am abandoning them to their fates. I've gone back to the main household to play now.

@DivaDoodle I'm glad you enjoyed the video. Elsa went and did that cooking autonomously as soon as she got into the house. I almost missed getting her doing it on video. I used to have the modded laundry basket but in the end it drove me crazy with my huge over stuffed households. I feel more in control with one normal laundry hamper in each room. Not that it matters because I'm not playing those households anyway. Actually I usually don't have anything to do with the laundry in my sims homes but the Cake Island houses all seem to have washing machines and driers in them and occasionally laundry baskets too. I generally find out about it when I see clothes piling up on floors.

I posted about moving the portal a few days ago, but didn't complete the video until a couple of days ago. I don't know what happened with the 'tourists' who already arrived. I haven't seen any around town. The way I 'moved' the portal may have had something to do with it. I deleted the original and put a new one on the community lot. The existing visitors from the future might have been deleted too if they were attached to the portal. I don't know how the programming works in the background. I hope I haven't totally corrupted the game.

@emorrill Thanks for the comment. The video is under 30 minutes so it shouldn't have taken so long to load. But the internet here is terrible. It's slow to download and a lot slower to upload. I think I could get faster upload times if I were prepared to pay about $1,000 or more a month for it but I'm sticking with my cheapest available plan. I was using my tablet so I just start it loading and leave it alone. Using my PC is impossible as I have to sit in front of the computer to stop it from disconnecting from the internet and there is no way I'm going to sit in front of the computer for 3 or more hours just trying to keep it connected, and it disconnects regularly anyway even while I'm actively using the internet. The tablet is much more stable, but terrible for me to type anything on it due to it deciding it doesn't like a lot of the words I want to use and changes things resulting in generally unintelligible meanings.

I'm glad you enjoyed the posts. I've been enjoying your posts too but don't often find time to read all the stories.

What's happening next with my 30 Grandchildren series? If you're wondering that here's a bit of an update.

I have to send the next couple on vacation to keep the challenge rolling along. I was totally blank about where to send them. I asked for a few suggestions and downloaded the suggested worlds plus some others.

I wanted to get the new household members (Frank, Wendy, Cathie and Percy) some skills before sending the next pair (Frank and Felecia) on their vacation. There won't be much video of them getting their skills. Mostly it's gardening, fishing, cooking or reading books. I might end up just using Master Controller to give them skills but they need to read their books. I'm careful not to give them too much Cooking skill as that would mean they have to read too many recipes. :)

I needed to find a world for the next couple to visit and had a list of new worlds to look at, then decided on one that I've had downloaded for a long time but never installed. I have a lot of worlds and other CC that I've downloaded but never installed. This world is a Beta version and it's been the Beta version for years. I don't know of any later versions of it. The world is 'Great Southern Land - Beta' by Frogprincess_q

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded

It is totally flat, mostly brown dirt. Like an outback Australian town. Funny thing is I feel totally at home in this world, yet it is nothing like where I've ever lived and the ocean is right there next to the desert. In my experience most of the coastal areas in Australia have green, but not all of them. I was expecting to not be able to do much with the world. It took me a while to work out how to add sims as it is totally unoccupied. I couldn't find any starter homes with a value sufficiently low for a new sim to purchase. I ended up placing my first sim into a vacant lot and cheating her some money so she could buy a house. I later discovered the starter 'houses' are camp sites with a few tents on them.

There are a lot of interesting community lots but they are from the game so not really authentically Australian. And mostly the trees don't look right either but you have to use what the game provides.

As I added additional sims I found the houses were roomy but not fully furnished but had most of the basics. There are a lot of empty lots of various sizes. Several of them are 64x64 lots and yet the map still seems mostly empty which would be about right for Australia. It takes a lot more acres to feed a cow or a sheep here than it does in most places so the properties that raise these animals are often larger than some countries.

Here are some pics I got of the world. None are closeups of the sims in the world.

Great-Southern-Land-Beta001.jpg

Great-Southern-Land-Beta002.jpg

Great-Southern-Land-Beta003.jpg

Great-Southern-Land-Beta006.jpg

Great-Southern-Land-Beta007.jpg

This is my build that I added to the world to have somewhere familiar for my vacationing couple to visit.
    Great-Southern-Land-Beta008.jpg

Great-Southern-Land-Beta009.jpg

EDIT: This is the Base Camp
    Great-Southern-Land-Beta010.jpg

Great-Southern-Land-Beta011.jpg

Great-Southern-Land-Beta012.jpg

It's a mix of Australian and totally not Australian.

There is a Festival lot included, I think it's the Central Park from Sunset Valley. There are lots of beaches and at least one hidden island and at least one dive lot. I haven't looked to see if the dive lot is decorated. I will need to do that before I send my couple to the world for their vacation.

The process I use to get my sims to a new world that I need to set up before sending them there is to start a game with that world, then go to my game and send one of my sims from the main game to the world. That puts the nhd file in my Saves folder. Then I shut down and copy the nhd file from the game where I was setting up the world and paste it over the one from my main game. When I next send a sim from my main game to that world it is the version I have set up with all the sims and other changes I made.

I often talk about having over 700 sims saved in my library. I get that number from the spreadsheet list I've made of sims in my 'Big Game'. I know for a fact that most of my old sims are not in that list. I had a lovely time last night and very early this morning, like up to around 2 am before I got some sleep. I was finding households I'd played years before. One household was a pair of brothers, they are twins I made to add to a game years ago and I've often wondered where they'd got to and I found them in my library.

The thing I usually do to add sims to my library is to look through my folders of backed up sims. I have many folders spread around my computer and external hard drives. I usually look for familiar names and choose those sim. That means they are sims I at least vaguely remember. This time I didn't want sims from my 'Big Game'. I found entire households of 8 sims that were once part of a game I played at some point since 2009. This time I think I just went to a folder with saved sims in it and copied a bunch of them without looking to see who I was getting. None of them will have any CC on them and I'm not going to go through them all to give them makeovers. I need them just to be townies for one of my vacationing couples. But I could be tempted to play this game later on just for fun.

I added my Bluewater Fun Park to the world. I've had it in a couple of the vacations already and it seems to suit. I removed the supports for the roller coaster again to make it more roomy and easier to video my sims using the facilities. I'll try to remember to put the carousel into it as well. It wasn't available when I first made that lot.

I think Felicia and Frank will be vacationing in this 'Great Southern Land' in the next episode I post.

At this point in the game, Frank is obviously looking for a wife as he wants to be surrounded by family and he has the traits to make him want that. But he has no idea which one of the young ladies in the household he's supposed to end up with so he's been actively trying to get to know a few of them recently. He seems to be trying to befriend everyone but Felecia. They have had a few brief conversations in earlier episodes. Currently Felecia seems to be obsessed with the board breaker and is ignoring Frank. I'll have to not give them a board breaker when I move them in together or there may never be babies for them.

When I'm ready I'll send them on their vacation but it might be a few more real life days before I get time to do that.

In the meantime Happy Simming everyone.

EDIT: I forgot to mention there is a base camp in the world so it'll be easy to send sims there on vacation.

EDIT Again - I took a sim diving in one of three dive lots and it is decorated. I don't know what scared her but she got a warm wetsuit moodlet from it.

Another Edit: It seems as if there could be routing problems. She sat in her boat at the dive lot and couldn't go home. I told her to go to a nearby island and she went there. Then I told her to go home and she jumped back into the boat and found her way home with no problems. I'm also getting lots of unroutable sim messages. I haven't looked to see where they are when they become unroutable. Possibly at home in the houses but those houses are spacious without much furniture.
    Post edited by Karritz on
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    Here's my new sim.Her name is Willow. She is an aspiring journalist and photographer
    in Great Bear, however she hasn't had much luck, due to her having a habit of running late.
    Once again she missed her scheduled interview with the mayor.

Screenshot-7.jpg
    Willow was following the latest story of a new jet plane released by the military, today
    they were doing some test runs on it .And she was doing her best to get the scoop.
    Radio: There's an unknown object on my radar! On a collision course with the XJ15.
    Willow: Oh! Keep talking radio guy! I need more deets.
    Radio: Mock 5.4 Its going over 9,000 miles per hour...wait was that? Something just went
    past me, I think it was a flying saucer!

And that was all Willow needed.She jumped in her car and tried to track down the location of the XJ15
    and the supposedly "Flying Saucer".

Screenshot-9.jpg
    She wasn't at all disappointed, shortly off shore she spotted what seemed
    to be some sort of aircraft lodged into a tree.She decided to take a quick look before
    the military cleaned the mess up.

Screenshot-8.jpg
    Willow: This is my chance to make up for the lack of interview.
    The papers are gonna go wild.
    Willow snapped as many photos as she could and as quickly as she could.
    It wasn't long before she found the occupant of the craft.

Screenshot-16.jpg
    He seemed to be alive but wasn't responding. Willow took the opportunity
    to sneak a few photos, and then attempted to move him over to his craft.Her
    curiosity, woke the stranger up.

Screenshot-17.jpg
    Stranger: Are you through?
    Willow jumped back in fear.
    Stranger: What do you want me to say? Take me to your leader?
    Willow: Who are you?
    Stranger: Well, I could tell you a wild tale of being a Russian astronaut, but the
    truth of the matter is, I'm from mars.
    Willow: I think you might have hit your head a little harder than you
    think.
    Stranger: Don't look so shocked. My name is Kaiden, I'm a professor of
    Anthropology, specifically for this primitive planet of yours.That plum
    in your antique rocket ship almost ran into me.
    Willow: You mean the XJ15?
    Kaiden: And now I'm marooned on this backwards planet until
    I can repair my ship.
    Willow: You mean the XJ15 almost ran into your...whatever that thing is?
    Kaiden: Yes, and they reported me as a flying saucer....ouch....just don't sit
    there, I've been hurt.
    Willow: Oh...come to my car..

Screenshot-11.jpg
    Willow: Feeling better?
    Kaiden: Yes, thank you .Oh...your atmosphere, so rich in oxygen.
    Its like breathing in a malted milk..
    Willow: Okay...and how would you know about that?
    Kaiden: I will confine myself to saying that I am greatest
    living authority on the subject of your planet.I visited here many times.
    Especially in the last 150 years.
    Willow: 150 years? ....Just how old are you?
    Kaiden: Let's say I haven't reached the prime of my life yet.

Screenshot-12.jpg
    Willow: If you been here before, how come there hasn't been news
    about you all over the world.
    Kaiden: As long as I change my appearance and don't wear a sign
    on my back...Who would ever know?
    Willow: and no one ever suspected?
    Kaiden: Not even Thomas Jefferson, and he was a fairly bright fellow.
    Willow: I see...
    Kaiden: You earth people only use a small portion of your brain.We martians
    use all of ours.
    Willow: I don't believe it...
    Kaiden: Problem is you're too intelligent to believe it.You people baffle me,
    so emotional...earth's alright for a visit, but I wouldn't want to live here.

Screenshot-13.jpg
    Willow: Well, it looks like you are stuck here.
    Kaiden: Only temporarily until my ship is fixed and no one will be the
    wiser but you.
    Willow: Oh no, you aren't leaving until I get my story and those photos.
    Kaiden: I'm sorry, you won't be able to write it.
    Willow: But I have to write it, I'm a journalist.
    Kaiden: But you wouldn't be for long...pick up the phone, call the editor..
    tell him you found a real martian...nobody would believe it.
    Willow: But its the truth!
    Kaiden: But no one would believe you.
    Willow: Then I'll prove it, I'll bring them here and show you to them.
    Kaiden: I'll just go invisible and you know I can do it.

Screenshot-14.jpg
    Willow: Maybe I should have left you where you were.
    Kaiden: Don't take me for being an ingrate, but I know what would happen.
    Suppose you did win that prize? You wouldn't deserve it and you wouldn't
    be able to live up to it.
    Willow:....well you might want to change if you are gonna go about around here.
    Kaiden: Good point.

Screenshot-15.jpg
    Kaiden: Better?
    Willow: Well, you might want to change clothes, but yes...you'll blend
    in just fine.

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Hey everyone. Was too anxious to post the rest of the Chapter and I couldn't leave you hanging there... ;)

*A portion of this part is in a Spoiler so be sure not to miss it. :kissing_heart:

**One picture will look like Harvey and Penny are woohooing when they are actually just making out. :smirk: I wanted to clarify that. ;)
    Enjoy! :grin:

Continuation of the conclusion of Chapter 12...

No sooner had they entered the hot air balloon, and it slowly began to rise, that it started to rain.

“That’s not good,” Harvey uttered, studying the clouds. It looked like a mellow type of cloud burst so he figured it should pass soon. He decided to turn down the heat to keep the balloon from rising too high for their safety, which he preferred to start out doing anyway.

50980102152_ee20b0d614_c.jpg

The higher the balloon ascended, the more excited Penny became. “Awesome! This is going to be SO much fun!” she expressed. “And I can’t wait to see the view of all of Appaloosa!”
    “Uh huh…” Harvey mumbled, trying not to let his fear get the better of him.

50979991971_16efe7c689_c.jpg

Soon the balloon was high enough in the sky for them to see the tops of the hills…

50980102217_f64df8fd45_c.jpg

...and that’s when Harvey lost it and clung tightly to Penny, squeezing his eyes shut and shivering.
    “Oh Harvey,” she soothed, running a hand up and down his back, but trying not to chuckle at how adorable it was having him cling to her so. Usually it’s the other way around.
    He tried a few breathing techniques to calm himself, but they helped very little. “I’m sorry,” he expressed. “I wanted to impress you with my bravery, but look at me. I’m a trembling coward!”
    “You’re not a coward,” she assured, “you’re very brave. You did impress me and I’m so proud of you for facing your fear! You got this!”
    “Don’t let me go.”
    “I won’t. Not until you’re ready.”

The rain started coming down hard and both were thankful that the balloon provided some shelter from it. As Harvey continued to hold onto her and internally give himself a pep talk, he also prayed for strength and for the rain to go away. I just want this to be a momentous day, one we’ll never forget, and while it’s rattling my nerves this is the perfect setting to express all of my deepest feelings to her. Please make it all the more perfect by dismissing the rain and taking away my fear. Prove to me dear Lord that you are just as present in this world as you are in our own...and that you’re still aware of me; aware of us.

Within minutes the rain stopped and the clouds cleared, practically disappearing rather than passing on over the horizon. A flock of ducks flying in a V-shape swooped over the balloon as the sun’s rays shone down on the countryside again and a rainbow formed over the hills. “Oh my gosh,” Penny said in awe. “Since when does the rain just disappear like that? This place really is magical.”
    But Harvey knew better.

That miracle and answer to prayer, along with Penny’s soothing words and gentle kisses on his head, helped Harvey to release his grip on his love and stand tall without shaking while gazing out at the vast and colorful countryside. He finally smiled. It was breathtaking. Looking down on the world at this height was just as mesmerizing and beautiful as he always imagined it would be. Thank you Lord, he didn’t want to forget saying. His faith had been rekindled.

50979991996_b70887a654_c.jpg

“I knew you’d be able to overcome your fear,” Penny said to him with a shining smile.
    “Well you’ve got more than enough courage to make up for me Penny,” he said, turning to face her, “and that’s one of many reasons why I love you.”

50980102392_72045d5240_c.jpg

Penny froze for a moment hearing him express those three words before her smile and cheeks lit up even brighter. “You love me?” She didn’t know why it came out as a question. Of course she knew he did.
    “Yes!” he replied without hesitation, wrapping his arms around her. “And I don’t want to jump the gun or anything by saying this, but...I wanna spend the rest of my life with you Penny. I can’t imagine my life without you now. I don’t know how I’d gone all those years in Pelican Town never realizing the perfect woman for me was right there under my nose.”
    Penny’s cheeks turned redder.
    “I was such a mess back there. I felt like I was going nowhere in my life. Sure I was set in my career and was generally happy, but something always seemed to be missing in my life. The woman that would make my life feel complete. I’d just about given up hope that I’d ever find her; doomed to live a life alone. Until that morning I checked up on you the day after we landed here,” he stroked her cheek, “and I found out that that racing heart of yours wasn’t because of ‘white coat syndrome’ after all.”
    She laughed.

50980102467_580b7f2535_c.jpg

“It was because you had feelings for me...for a long time it seemed...and you let me know by pretty much asking me out on the spot.”
    “Yeah. I did,” she grinned proudly. “I was so nervous!”
    “I was thrilled! I didn’t think a nerd like me could ever get a girl like you to ask me out; let alone go steady with me. Something sparked between us that day and I don’t think it was coincidence, or the Wizard’s doing, or even fate,” he pulled her in closer, “it was God’s doing.”
    “I wholeheartedly agree!”

50980102402_4125496d69_c.jpg

“And every day since I’ve found myself falling even more in love with you. I’ve never felt so happy in all my life. I wake up every morning now with a smile on my face, looking forward to the day, knowing that I’ll see you and we’ll be together. You bring out the best in me Penny and your strengths complement my weaknesses...like we saw when I clung to you for dear life a moment ago.”
    They laughed.

“But seriously, I love you with all my heart Penny. I can’t say it enough. I am yours forever.”
    “I love you too Harvey,” she swiftly expressed, pulling him in for a deep and passionate kiss. Tears escaped her eyes.

50980102417_935cbe3ed7_c.jpg

“I want to spend the rest of my life with you too,” she said. “Have children with you and everything.”
    His face beamed. “I would love nothing more.”

50979290248_ed3e48903a_c.jpg

The two then slipped down onto the bench in the basket with their lips locked, never wanting to let go of each other.

50980102317_b8f59750db_c.jpg

When Harvey could feel her shivering from the cold, he grabbed the nearby blanket and draped it over them. It wasn’t long until their lips met again, laying themselves down on the bench, and making out with the blanket as their tent.

50979290143_601c77418f_c.jpg

That warmed them up pretty quick.

Afterward they continued to cuddle on the bench and enjoy the gorgeous view before going into descent.

50979992061_7668244641_c.jpg

50980102277_ce8c158b5f_c.jpg

It was beyond time to get lunch and their stomachs had been rumbling loudly all throughout their necking, so the food stand was the next stop on their lovely date.

50980102497_23dc05f7b4_c.jpg

Naturally both stands were being manned by androids - the whole Festival was - but they were very polite and had the food made up in a snap. Harvey ordered some boneless buffalo wings with ranch dip and Penny ordered a cheeseburger with a side salad. They carried on in casual conversation as they ate and might’ve played footsie at the same time.

50979290338_f497cbde9b_c.jpg

“Don’t you think it’s interesting that a little over half of us have gotten together since the Wizard sent us here?” Penny asked.
    “I do,” he swallowed, then took a drink. “Makes me wonder if it wasn’t the Wizard’s plan all along.” He winked.
    “I was totally thinking the same thing, with him sending six single guys and six single girls to survive alone in a strange place, but, if that’s the case...something doesn’t add up.”
    “How do you mean?”
    “Well, based on the current relationships that leaves Sebastian, Abigail, Sam, and Maru as the singles. We both know Sebastian and Abigail have had feelings for each other since before we got here so it won’t be long until they start dating. So that just leaves Sam and Maru and,” she gave a sour expression, “I know those two very well and they don’t mesh AT ALL! Maru wouldn’t get romantic with Sam even if they were the last two people in the universe!”

50979290358_584c96d7b5_c.jpg

Harvey laughed, because he knew it was true. “Yeah. She’d often talk at work about how much she couldn’t stand her brother’s best friend and in some ways...I can understand.” He didn’t mesh with Sam either.
    “Sam’s a sweet guy, he’s just very immature. He lives in a very different world than Maru does. A pairing like them just wouldn’t work...”
    “Maybe,” Harvey began, wiping at his mouth with a napkin, “not all of us are supposed to find love amongst each other here.”
    “But that doesn’t seem fair to me, for Sam and Maru’s sake.” She frowned. “Watch us all come back home with a significant other and they...don’t. I know for me personally, that would hurt a little bit...”

Harvey understood, knowing he’d feel the same way. He thought for a moment on it all. “From what I’ve seen, especially between us, finding love is all about God’s timing.”
    “Yes,” she blushed.
    “The Wizard sent us here to find happiness, or better ourselves, or whatever the quest is and it just so happens that some of us found love here also because it was in God’s plan for us to.”
    Penny nodded.
    “I guess for Maru and Sam...they’re meant to find love somewhere back home instead, and from what we discussed, I think they will both be pretty happy about that. Mostly Maru.”
    “Yeah,” she chuckled, giving in to his logic. It made sense. “I just hope that someday Maru finds a really great guy who supports and pushes her to achieve her dreams. And isn’t ashamed of her being the smart one and most likely the ‘breadwinner;' if he’s not on the same intellectual level as she is. That’s the kind of man she needs.”
    Harvey nodded in agreement. “I hope the very same for her.”
    “I hope Sam finds a great girl too,” she added. “Someone who’s just as quirky as he is and doesn’t mind the touring life of a rock star.”
    “He’s still pursuing that dream eh?”
    “Last he told me.”

Since the carousel was nearby they decided to ride it next after their stomachs settled a bit.
    Harvey chose the most valiant looking steed he could find to ride on and was quite surprised to see Penny choose the lion to ride on. It made him shake his head with a chuckle, of course loving her a little more because of it.

50979992276_3847ef872e_c.jpg

He certainly didn’t mind the view once the carousel started moving.

50979992401_9e72a3b51c_c.jpg

“WOO HOO!” Penny cheered with excitement.

50979290408_b44c6e07ca_c.jpg

As the carousel spun faster, Harvey couldn’t help crying out “WOO HOO,” also.

50979992386_c6f331b44c_c.jpg

A carousel is the kind of ride where one can let out their inner child and no one thinks twice about it. And that’s exactly what the couple did; having a jolly good old time.

50979992311_dea8c0877c_c.jpg

50979992496_4348b0465c_c.jpg

50979992371_c48e1ca0fb_c.jpg

50980102772_7fa560f481_c.jpg

50980102682_a70972bc34_c.jpg

Afterward they stood under the large oak tree, not so secretly expressing more of their affection for each other.

50980102802_66635bfd9e_c.jpg

“What shall we do next my dear?” Harvey whispered in her ear.
    “Well…,” she giggled, as he caressed it with his lips. “I saw a photo booth back there. Mmm. We should get our picture taken.”
    “Great idea. Something to remember this day for always.”
    “Oh I don’t think I’ll need a picture to remember it, but yeah.”

After the picture they decided to do a little dancing to a slow song that came on over the outdoor speakers.

50979288888_73ff879d51_c.jpg

They couldn’t help gazing fondly into each other's eyes, feeling like the luckiest - and most incredibly blessed - two people in love in the whole wide world of Simthaer.

50979991031_221edd7902_c.jpg

50980101057_15d1ee272a_c.jpg

The sun was setting and both were excited to finally enter the haunted house, but the android in charge of it told them it wasn’t open yet. He proceeded to inform them of how long it would be until it was open, down to the last second. The two just shrugged at each other with a chuckle while saying, “Androids!”

To kill that time, they picked various different wildflowers growing all around the Festival grounds to keep in a vase at both houses…

50979288948_09f30b2690_c.jpg

...and relaxed by the fountain and talked.

50980101267_1ba185a2d4_c.jpg

Once the haunted house was open, Harvey took Penny’s hands in his and asked, “You ready for this?” with a cheeky grin.

50980101017_7ac349d3e0_c.jpg

“I dunno,” she hesitated. “I’m starting to have second thoughts. I just realized this is a haunted house from a whole different world than our own and...we don’t know what’s in there.” She glanced at it with nervousness. “It could be scarier.” The fog emitting from the doorway didn’t look like it was coming from a machine and with magic being so prevalent in this world, her anxiety level was rising.
    “I’m sure it’ll be alright,” Harvey assured. “Besides, I’ll be right there with you. And protect you if need be.” He kissed her forehead.
    “That’s what I’m afraid of. I don’t want you to get hurt cause...I kinda love you,” she playfully said with doe eyes.
    “I’ll be fine,” he chuckled at her sweetness. “I guess this is a time where one of my strengths complement one of your weaknesses.” He winked.
    “I guess,” she blushed. “Then I shall do as you did and face my fear by going in first.”
    “Okay, but I will be very close behind. I promise.”

50980100977_65fe95edee_c.jpg

Going through the haunted house, hand in hand, the two saw and heard things they couldn’t explain and the scary thing was...it all felt very much real. Even the ghosts that swooped by overhead were transparent. Nearing the end of it, a ghoul statue in the shadows blew out a rancid breath right in Harvey’s face which instantly made him feel sick to his stomach, but he was glad he got slammed with it instead of Penny.

The moment Penny saw the light coming from the exit, she made a mad dash for it. Her feet came to a screeching halt on the grass, her eyes bugged out in fright as her chest rose and fell rapidly. Thank goodness! I knew I was right about that haunted house...oh my…

50979990891_14f49f0d3f_c.jpg

Her body shook and shivered thinking back on the experience as Harvey finally made his way out of the house.

50980100887_3601b07e5a_c.jpg

“I’m so sorry,” Penny expressed to him through chattering teeth. “I thought you were right behind me. I just wanted to get the heck out of there!” She turned to fully face him.
    “No...it’s…okay,” Harvey breathlessly said, gripping his stomach and leaning forward a bit.
    His face looked as white as the moon. “Are you okay?” she asked, becoming very worried.

50979990826_bbbf8703ef_c.jpg

“That...ghoul’s breath...I don’t know...what that was...I--” He couldn’t hold it back any longer and vomited right then and there.

“Oh Harvey!” Penny gasped, clasping her hands up to her mouth.

50979288618_9a40c4674f_c.jpg

It just kept coming and coming and Penny stood frozen in shock.

50979990786_4958cb792c_c.jpg

When it finally let up - after a bit of coughing and spluttering - Harvey wiped at his mouth with his shirtsleeve and stood up straight, giving Penny a sad and sickly expression. She instantly took him into a hug.
    “Oh my goodness,” she said, pressing her cheek against his. “Are you okay!? Do you feel better?”
    “Yes...and not really,” he replied. “I feel so embarrassed. I’m sorry you had to see that…”

50980100762_af1194698d_c.jpg

“It’s okay,” she soothed, looking him in the eye and brushing his bangs away from them. “It happens. You forget that I’m a schoolteacher. It’s not the first time I’ve seen someone vomit on the spot.” She half smiled.
    “Yeah, but that was a kid not your boyfriend…”
    “It’s really no different.”
    He affectionately pressed his sweaty forehead against hers, breathing heavily, before his weary body started leaning into her. “I need to sit down. I can’t get that scent out of my nose and I can still taste it.”
    “Aww,” she cooed, feeling his forehead. “You’re pale. We should go back home and get you in bed.”
    He nodded. “I’m sorry our date had to end like this…”

50980100732_c16a8e92da_c.jpg

“Don’t be sorry sweetheart,” she said, cupping his face in her hands. “We had a lot of fun today and it’s still one of the happiest days I’ve ever had in my life.” She smiled.
    He smiled in return. “You are so wonderful. I’d kiss you right now, but trust me...you don’t want to kiss these lips after that.”

Penny laughed over Harvey’s chuckle as she put her arm around his waist and helped keep him steady as they walked back toward the car.

Despite that unfortunate incident, it was the perfect end to the perfect day.

<3<3<3<3<3

A/N: There were two songs I thought of when writing this portion of the Chapter and both were so perfect, I couldn't pick just one so...enjoy them both. :blush:

52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    123 The Watcher Watches: Max & Faelie's House <3 Shenanigans at the Fire Station <3

At The Fire Station (note last night I changed Laz inappropriate to hydrophobic, to make him not such a loser with Baylee, and have a trait in common.)

As soon as my simies animate Vlad grabs Baylee, before Laz can even think to get near her!

"Hi Baylee" says Laz as he watches Vlad seduce her!
    kMaKi2c.jpg

I think this is Vlad's first successful attempt! He is super happy!
    VDgp5O9.jpg
    pbIlTaJ.jpg

Laz gets near the computer, but it is not on his mind. He has a problem with that bed! Dude! I even gave you another trait in common with her! I don't even think you like her, you just like to woohoo.
    SYGIhbm.jpg
    5QtF1UO.jpg

Teddy and Adan are not pleased! This is their bed! Vlad knows and tries to hurry Baylee :D
    Inz1WO8.jpg

Teddy can't beliEve the audacity!
    "Get Out!"
    he2krXy.jpg

But no one listens to the Boss when love is at stake! Adan and Teddy turn their backs so the lovers can have some privacy.
    "Don't give them Any more privacy than this, Adan! They don't deserve it!" says Teddy.
    5NPAk7s.jpg

Vlad ignores them, he can't believe his luck today!
    EsYFnpL.jpg
    2zM1SCY.jpg

I can't tell how successful it was for them, it happened so fast I didn't catch a pic! :D
    5I9wgOK.jpg

They just stand there staring, not continuing to flirt...
    nwISFod.jpg
    oh
    FGVmaX9.jpg

Laz hopes Vlad won't be mad. They are BF.
    JXfjl5y.jpg

Vlad are you worried he might take your girl?
    GtRtgmh.jpg
    Nq4FBPD.jpg
    biW8HRa.jpg

Vlad is Happy!
    "Watcher! He's got no game! He doesn't like her like I do."
    0CKLcPU.jpg

Nope, I guess not.
    u0Rew7u.jpg
    VNYrdmo.jpg

Vlad sees this as his chance! there is no way she will choose Laz, if he can just charm her more!
    Should be easy, since there seems something off about Laz! He has flirty & great kisser but hardly ever uses those traits. so I don't know what the deal is.
    Vlad makes his move!
    DBORsD5.jpg
    3HuudkL.jpg
    3GYLai2.jpg
    gzXlHXo.jpg
    6HGmSJ5.jpg

Good going Vlad! Now it's Laz's turn to bring on the charm!
    jpFnHBv.jpg

"Is he kidding?" Vlad can't believe it!
    o0JWdKa.jpg
    zjPZBMe.jpg
    F21j1oQ.jpg

Baylee turns to Vlad, it's her turn to charm him!
    "You're pretty cute for a non Were, Vlad!"
    b36cOh1.jpg
    eABQwJm.jpg

Of Course Vlad has a positive response!
    "Well you are the prettiest human & were, that I have ever seen, Baylee"
    1crEmkZ.jpg
    IDKZqxQ.jpg

And he gives her a soulful look to make her love him!
    vthevOf.jpg

It's up to Laz now! He knows they were talking about Were's! He tries to come up with something Really Good! oh yeah, Girls love to laugh!
    "I shed like the dickens!" he tries. Vlad looks worried, he is the outcast non were!
    kozS37c.jpg

But Laz is so funny! They all laugh!
    MwgxkDz.jpg

Baylee chooses Vlad, as it is her turn to speak now. She chooses another flirt!
    dd9ZQHY.jpg

Laz thinks it's a another joke and laughs, but Baylee and Vlad think it's very sexy and serious!
    NsatjQa.jpg

Vlad goes in for the kill, and speaks of hearts, the ultimate love language!
    Bqwemvi.jpg
    pm0EAHI.jpg
    0v6h6k3.jpg
    Gd5dDis.jpg

Laz doesn't care, and decides to go look out the window! :D
    ZQx9ynL.jpg
    2cfiwJJ.jpg

Vlad is so glad he's gone and immediately grabs Baylee. Baylee thinks this is more fun than the 80's disco seen!
    zBVHbQT.jpg
    a8I1A7n.jpg
    o0BGuQm.jpg
    M86mW5d.jpg

Laz thinks as he stares out the window
    "Somewhere out there, is love for me!"
    OCmWsL7.jpg

Laz tells Baylee there is a bed route fail.
    wsKX9o2.jpg

yep.
    F9BKv5x.jpg

Baylee and Laz think about each other, maybe Laz's plan, as the ultimate slam, for her to think of him while with Vlad! :o
    6DeWHBo.jpg

But Vlad is pretty sure he can get her attention back on him.
    8HxHoqa.jpg
    xTINxk4.jpg
    a9zz5ke.jpg

"Now if I only can get her to speak of hearts to me" thinks Vlad.
    oCr2fxx.jpg

Vlad is super happy!
    gS6Z4pH.jpg
    biGJnHE.jpg

He is hoping Baylee will love him back.
    "please say it, please say it" he thinks
    eG6A4zO.jpg

YES
    ADr621A.jpg

Vlad is so happy and sure of himself.
    0AtyXna.jpg

Laz is not sure of himself, but there is something about Baylee.
    ''Oh yeah, she is a girl and I likes to woohoo.'' LOL He thinks of her but never makes a move.
    JlPEqiY.jpg

Because Vlad and Baylee were together for hours, and both spoke hearts, I give them the RI.
    3MoRSfy.jpg

She follows him everywhere
    YMmlf2y.jpg
    ecOJrQT.jpg
    489gzGp.jpg
    cV2P7AV.jpg

and 2 seconds later, after allllllllllllllllllll that
    rN3xrka.jpg
    zlvg88m.jpg

That big B, I hate her now! :# Look what she did to poor Vlad!
    SvQujk2.jpg
    2ZlDjBh.jpg
    pIR2gtj.jpg
    Ouv4Fng.jpg
    J6iZ9kN.jpg

You are Terrible! You suc Baylee!
    and Laz, I don't think even knows what happened.
    "Well I do! I lost my BF because of woohoo!" says Laz
    8CTd9lD.jpg

Nobody hurts my Vlad and gets away with it!
    That's Right Baylee, it's payback time! Don't Ever invoke the wrath of Watcher!
    Especially not when my hip hurts and I still get hot flashes! :#
    8MP7jbr.jpg
    CGI2KQ9.jpg
    And I invited 4 more! >:)

Violet
    tu62X20.jpg

Last time Vlad was more interested in Sleep than Anya. Everyone heeds the Fire alarm except for Vlad.
    GVyeeqI.jpg

Anya thinks it's amusing to make Baylee mad! lol
    SvcmsqQ.jpg

All the commotion is a turn on for Laz! he finally is fired up enough to grab Baylee, but she's upset with Anya & Vlad.
    Yes consequences are a B! Just like you, Baylee.
    PMJ9aGO.jpg
    ibLXJVX.jpg

Laz has to let go of Baylee because she has to storm over to the fairy house and be upset at Vlad, she makes him come out to see how upset she is.
    XCna05u.jpg

Anya comes out, unruffled, to try again. I think of all her many guys she likes Vlad the best.
    Fm0ggpS.jpg

(The alarm was just a small fire at the Durwoods. Victor puts it out, in a jiff, and heads back.)

Ethereal! what about Branch?
    ikGihit.jpg

OH! so Laz Will be assertive if there is someone super cute!
    D0srRa2.jpg

Anya never gives up, she is cool as a cucumber, if one place is taken she will find another.
    5Nqnt0u.jpg
    mNo0ig3.jpg

Vlad is having a blast.
    wOyAyfP.jpg

What? Hearts? You never had hearts for Branch!
    oM5bIxl.jpg

"I like bad boys Watcher! Hairy ones!" LOL
    rMTPrcU.jpg
    Kc5ytRQ.jpg

Since Baylee started the hurt shenanigans, and then Vlad was happy to be with Anya, it makes Vlad and Baylee drop to 25% like. I release them from the RI.
    I don't know what will happen. But she ruined Laz and Vlad's BF to -18.

Ethereal, well she hasn't had hearts for anyone since Victor, I bet she is woohooing both Branch and that vampire guy Daveed though, living there. I know Branch likes her a lot and I don't know how they became Not BF/GF.
    She is tricky, I bet she doesn't even garden!

I always hoped she and Vlad would like each other, (because they were so in love in my last game when she was the wrinkled old apple lady)

Violet liked Laz and asked him to watch the stars but then I found out later that Argus is her BF!

oops!

The only Good part of today:
    "Honey are you OK?" asks Adan
    NAvIvsO.jpg

"heh heh yes I'm fine!"
    UBBvqth.jpg
    h9G7oW7.jpg

"Let me make sure you're OK"
    4h2Y14M.jpg
    tIELKwn.jpg
    sYu1XfT.jpg
    Rd0F9mp.jpg
    <3

And

"Watcher I keep walking to the bed to woohoo with no one, but I have route fail! it's very annoying!''
    6bxDPgE.jpg

Oh gee, Laz you're right! no one is even here!
    eU3UuVm.jpg

Maybe just go stare out the window? I can reset the lot when you go home.
    H6AIIv7.jpg

"I can't even see out of this window, Watcher :( "

*sigh*

:D
    edited February 2021
    OK Ye Recalcitrant Buggers; Get Your Rear-Ends to Uni...

After fighting with the game for most of the day, I've managed to get the four little buggers off to University.
    ForceemtoUni.jpg
    Now I have to find out why the flarkin'ell half my NRAAS mods aren't showing up.

Update: Found out why. The other half are only supposed to show up when you click on the city hall... Well...duh...

Watcher: "Whatever you two are thinking about...DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!"
    Screenshot-40.jpg
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@venusdemilosims Thanks, it always surprises me to find the bartender pulled away from their duties, but it is more fun watching her sing with a townie than mix drinks and clean the bar. :grin:
    I've bookmarked the site and will try to catch up on it over the weekend.
    I use flickr but it is paid acct now since I have way too many pictures! :open_mouth:

@GraceyManor Glad things are working better now. It take a few extra minutes to organize the cc and downloads but it is worth it in the end run not having to re-download all that stuff. I've been using s3pe to identify and categorize my houses and venues so I can just move things from one library file to another without having to use the launcher other than the first time.
    I actually have a good collection of guys hair from over the years. Go to plumbobs.
    oh, no finish for Ryan and Linda? Ok, in my head they get married, have 10 kids and live happily ever after. Linda is too busy making babies to get into anymore trouble! :smirk:
    New story! Always love new stories.
    She is very pretty but probably good she missed the interview since she was not really dressed professionally to do it. :grin:
    She was very luck to find the alien and his ship before the authorities did.
    I hope he is not a mean one!
    Goodness he is old, but doesn't look it.

@emorrill Comments on your thread.

@Tamijo Comments on your thread.
    Thanks, it does make one think of fairy tales. The houses that are made for that area of the world are really cute with the dome and mushroom style. There is one empty lot in the area and I'm going to try and design one myself as a challenge to my building and get out of my 'box' style.
    Awesome close up on the deer!

@izecson wow...must be a serious problem for sims to be out at 1am. :grin: Cool picture of the protestors.

@Silverofdreams30 I look forward to seeing more of the story as you play it.
    Cute pictures of Noah sleeping.
    Baxter is so cute. I snagged the link to use someday.
    Sounds like she is being a good Mom.

@Nikkei_Simmer Bummer it is giving you trouble going to uni!
    I agree that the challenge is worth the awesome game play. I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about gaming and puters and glitches with this game and we are lucky to have so many folks around to help with the challenges, especially the nraas people.
    Your Katrina is pretty, but looks a little Riverish. :grin:
    Glad you figured out getting them to uni.

@DivaDoodle comments on your thread.
    No simself! Not everyone is comfortable with it and that's cool. :heart:
    hehe, Craven's simself is still single and playing the field in the future world save.
    I'm almost done with the festival lot and I can start working on the houses and assigning sims to the houses. Woot! I have not worked on it at all this week. I decided that work and paying bills was a tiny bit more important this week. :grin:

@Karritz I remember playing that world when she finished it. It was on my laptop and it didn't play well on it so gave it up. I'll have to pull it out of my world folder and see how it does on the desktop.

Mary and Damien managed to crawl out of the honeymoon bed last weekend for a screenshot for me and I forgot to post it. I've pretty much left them alone while doing pics and things with Bekka and Jamie and writing up the next update. Too busy working to get it finished but hopefully tomorrow will be able to work on it and post it. I've been keeping my eye on them though and they spend more time in the bed than out of it. They do play with the cat occasionally and eat food that Jamie stocked in the fridge and then go back to loving each other. It is so romantic and just what I hoped for them. :heart:
    50925764927_e3d9a8328c_o.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top