Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A new pack type, the "Kit" is coming. Aka "Sims 3 store, 5 bucks for two chairs" is here

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    Oh, so the dust in the code was for a vacuum cleaner. You might like this @simgirl1010

I wonder if it is gonna really happen, and how much will it cost. Strange to offer such a thing this late in the game though.

Yes, I'm just seeing this. A vacuum cleaner has been on my wish list for a long time.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Another thing that I keep reminding myself now is that for console players, CC isn't an option. There's possibly more demand for content that might be CC-similar than there was pre-console.

I don't think this will help. They are already able to buy stuff packs for new CAS stuff and the stuff in the kits doesn't look very CC-like, it's just regular Maxis content.
    Also CC is free and these are not going to be free. So imagine if EA is doing this to take advantage of the fact that console players don't have access to free CC.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Cool, none of these interest me so I don't need to have them in my game. Maybe one will come out that I like at some point.

I wonder if they are doing mini-packs to try to help control content volume that people put in their games and to somewhat customize each person's Sims experience. Maybe this will help some folks avoid buying a pack just for CAS or build/buy if they can get similar styles in a Kit. I'm interested to see where this goes.
    #Team Occult
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2021
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I'm really excited for the vacuum actually, judge away all you like. :D

Anything to make my sims lives harder and not an easy utopia is welcome, and that's why I like laundry too.

i like sims having harder life and mess but i don't really like to add machines in my sims house so i wish it still has different ways to clean than just vacuums

True I really want sims to clean and scrub the classic way!!
    Down on their knees and everything!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I'm...actually interested LOL

I was thinking the same. :D

Me three.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Hopefully these go on sale more than the stuff packs do......

Bahahahhahahahahahhaha! Yeah right!
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I'm really excited for the vacuum actually, judge away all you like. :D

Anything to make my sims lives harder and not an easy utopia is welcome, and that's why I like laundry too.

i like sims having harder life and mess but i don't really like to add machines in my sims house so i wish it still has different ways to clean than just vacuums

True I really want sims to clean and scrub the classic way!!

Speaking of, I know the platforms are cool and all and common in actual Japanese homes but they make Roombas unusable. I am seriously thinking of removing all platforms in my Snowy Escape homes.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I also don't see how the new "Kits" are necessary when we already have Expansions packs, Game packs AND Stuff packs.

Smaller niches? Each pack size needs to fit a theme. Stuff that someone comes up with an idea for might never happen if there's not a good package to fit it into. A smaller package size (which this looks to be from what's leaked) could let some of those things get to us.

@luthienrising That's what they said they wanted to do with game packs. Offer more niche content. I feel like they have a lot of ways to give niche content and these kits weren't necessary. But people will buy of course it's the Sims community afterall.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    Oh, so the dust in the code was for a vacuum cleaner. You might like this @simgirl1010

I wonder if it is gonna really happen, and how much will it cost. Strange to offer such a thing this late in the game though.

Yes, I'm just seeing this. A vacuum cleaner has been on my wish list for a long time.
    Glad you got a thing from your wish list <3
    I might be interested in this too!! the dust bunnies seem like they could be interacted with or something. I hope we get more info soon! I literaly cannot keep with all the news today, and not just from the sims but other games as well. :D
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I think this might be a fun way to end dry spells between bigger packs, and a great way for console players to add more content since cc isn’t an option. Spending your money on it isn’t compulsory and cc creators will likely make some of it base game compatible eventually. I don’t know if it’s real or not, I am taking it with a grain of salt until officially confirmed but if it’s true, I’m not mad about it.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    One of the kitchen photos on Simsvip shows old items from the Cool Kitchen SP though.

BTW this is the most complete "leak" ever in TS. If this wasn't intended, it's an epic marketing disaster.

Yeah... i don't get it...
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,421 Member
    I don't mind the option. I just wish the fitness kit was fitness gameplay instead of CAS. I'm a little excited about this. But that could change when pricing comes out. Hope we don't have to wait long to find out the details.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I’ve been begging for more content to dump money into lol. I’m into it
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Judging by the comments on that Twitter post, I’m predicting Journey to Batuu and My First Pet Stuff level outrage. I’ll be back on Tuesday with my popcorn LOL
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Confirmed then! Ok, i'm not very excited for any of the kits. Let's hope it's not super expensive.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Oh boy I hope they add fake build mode listings for the buy stuff like they did for the TS3 store!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,868 Member
    edited February 2021

Me three.

Me four :)

It's not like I have to buy anything.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    bixters wrote: »
    Judging by the comments on that Twitter post, I’m predicting Journey to Batuu and My First Pet Stuff level outrage. I’ll be back on Tuesday with my popcorn LOL

MFPS was worth it on a sale.

Batuu on the other hand... It is literally only product placement. It's an ad for an amusement park. It should be free, since it LITERALLY is an ad by Disney. AND it showed where EA's priorities were. Which is to say "Haha money printer goes brrrr".

But, alas, EA gambled that enough people were willing to pay money to get advertised to, and they were right.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    edited February 2021
    me before nifty knitting and paranormal:

stuff packs are useless cause they dont even offer any of the stuff related to the title and just add nonsense items with no gameplay lets just have gp and ep forget em

me after paranormal and nifty knitting:

oOh so stuff packs can actually be absolutely awesome yes maybe things are getting better! maybe they can be loved too! good stuff good gameplay!

EA:

yes,
    about that...
    how about we make these small kits that seem to just have items and no gameplay ?

and look like they should have been part of those old packs you didn't like?

wouldn't that be awesome?

Me:
    gv0xujl3nv75jxzowd703r2baq4jyhi2jwpmrqmkaoc7lyld41zhdq5x54ntmyf.jpg
    918c49e9afd77eb3da290da3833e6637.jpg
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member

Me three.

Me four :)

It's not like I have to buy anything.

Makes me five

Hopefully the kits are not overpriced like some stuff from the Sims 3 store.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I wish EAxis would understand their policy of "never touching a pack again once it's released" is plain stupid, and would instead revisit and polish older gameplay since many could use that.

But no let's just keep adding new stuff on top of the already broken stuff so that new stuff can be forgotten aswell.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Wow! The Twitter vitriol is just... savage

Heh, twitriol
    happyopi wrote: »
    I wish EAxis would understand their policy of "never touching a pack again once it's released" is plain stupid, and would instead revisit and polish older gameplay since many could use that.

But no let's just keep adding new stuff on top of the already broken stuff so that new stuff can be forgotten aswell.

They need to do more tie ins to packs that already exist. A typical example is Strangerville and Get to Work. If you own both packs there should have been much more connection between the Aliens and the well... Aliens.

The whole plot of Strangerville hinges on that Aliens are unknown in the Sims, yet you can literally have an alien working as a Man in Black investigating Aliens.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    I wonder if all 3 kits will be released simultaneously.