Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Beginning With Legacies - New Reading Circle

CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
Welcome to Beginning With Legacies, a new reading circle for writers who have begun legacies recently and for readers who love to read legacies!

Current Members:

@CathyTea - Another Legacy
@Cozy_Catastophe - The Broke Legacy
@CreeativeSimming - A Little Legacy
@DeafSimmer - Nightblaze Legacy
@friendsfan367 - The Benders
@JamesSims528 - Beatrice's Legacy
@LegacySims2017 - Plain ol' Legacy
@NoWindows - AHMPAL (A Heavily Modded But Still Painfully Average Legacy
@NRowe - Thornes and Roses (Trigger warning: deals with teen pregnancy)

We're full for writers!

We invite readers to dive into these legacies and please join our conversations and leave comments about any of these stories. We always welcome participation!
Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
Post edited by CathyTea on

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Welcome to Beginning With Legacies, a new reading circle for writers who have begun legacies recently and for readers who love to read legacies!

Current Members:

@JamesSims528 - Beatrice's Legacy
    @friendsfan367 - All About Noel, and Lauren, and Their Kids
    @CathyTea - Another Legacy

We have two to three spots open! If you're interested in joining, PM @CathyTea for more info or post a message here!

hey edit that you know what the story is called.
    edited February 2021
    i'm going to see if my thread is still around just had to get reaquinted with wp first.

it was so edit me lol. fun fact i always seem to reactivate in febuary. iwant it to say the benders cause remember how it went i named pegasus mackie. and she renamed my story the benders which everyone thought it was named anyway.
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    i'm going to see if my thread is still around just had to get reaquinted with wp first.

it was so edit me lol. fun fact i always seem to reactivate in febuary. iwant it to say the benders cause remember how it went i named pegasus mackie. and she renamed my story the benders which everyone thought it was named anyway.

OK! Edit done! I wasn't sure if it still had that title. Thanks for letting me know!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »

OK! Edit done! I wasn't sure if it still had that title. Thanks for letting me know!

thanks sis i already confuse my readers enough . its called the benders but sometimes i callit i can't write that. :p
    i wasn't sure i had my story thread til yesterday cause its now a year old since it was mostly inactive i thought it had been loccked.
    i wasn't sure i had my story thread til yesterday cause its now a year old since it was mostly inactive i thought it had been loccked.

That's cool that you have it! I think I read somewhere that they try not to lock story threads.

I've got a new chapter today! Here it is... https://cathytea.wordpress.com/2021/02/23/another-legacy-1-28/

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    edited February 2021
    Hey @CathyTea and @friendsfan367.
    I’ve got a really good save set up (two in game weeks in) and am about to start writing about it.
    Would you maybe let me join, please?

Only, it’s not strictly a legacy (with rules) legacy...

Have now had a look at Case. Is that the same Noel I remember friendsfans? and Beatrice.
    NRowe wrote: »
    I’ve got a really good save set up (two in game weeks in) and am about to start writing about it.

Have now had a look at Case. Is that the same Noel I remember friendsfans? and Beatrice.

the benders hate rules too. i think my very first attempt ayden broke every one in just 10 sim days. :) why do i love him again? :)

sorry i was less chatty earlier. i had to move a sim before i logged off. welcome. :)
    Thanks friendsfan
  • JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member
    edited February 2021

No rules? I find it hard to play and stick with all the rules, it's totally fine :smile: There's always something I want to do that I don't count as cheating but I can't do it because of rules...

Welcome @NRowe :smile:
    edited February 2021
    Cheers JamesSims. I started with the typical 20k in a Needs TLC apartment.
    I made a mother for my "main" Sim and fully intend to move in other characters as I see fit. They don't live in the active household, but have their own places.
    The rest is plot, so I won't spoil it. >:)

No rules? I find it hard to play and stick with all the rules, it's totally fine :smile: There's always something I want to do that I don't count as cheating but I can't do it because of rules...

Welcome @NRowe :smile:

to be fair i tried following rules but ayden my second generation heir somehow broke them all in just 10 sim days. he really didn't like the one where you have to stay with one person. i told him he had too cause thats the rule. and later in the game he got out of bed and threw up.
    I remember Aiden, his kids and his two ladies (but not at the same time, really).
    Happy Simming Friendsfan. Prologue and probably chapter one of “Thornes and Roses” coming soon.
    I remember Aiden, his kids and his two ladies (but not at the same time, really).
    Happy Simming Friendsfan. Prologue and probably chapter one of “Thornes and Roses” coming soon.

it will make sense when i get there. since there might be a mod breaking updste tommorrow counting with noel an d lauren for now. one mod already broke just not sure which one

We'd love to have you join, @NRowe ! I'll add you to the list when I'm on my computer!

edited February 2021
    Thank you o:)@CathyTea

Here is the link for the blog Thornes and Roses
    It is only prologue and chapter one so far, very much a WIP.

Come to think of it. Trigger Warning for those sensitive to the topic of teenage pregnancy!
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited February 2021
    I messaged you @CathyTea. Plain ol’ Legacy would be fun for this circle.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member

My latest is just a gameplay that I am blogging, hence the name Plain ol’ Legacy. No rules. I wanted to play and watch my Sims tell their own story.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • CreeativeSimmingCreeativeSimming Posts: 62 Member
    Good luck with your legacies. I've just started my second attempt, because I've been inspired by some of these recent stories to start writing my own Legacy story.
    Check out my Simlit: Little Legacy

Banner_small.png

Forum Thread
  • JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member
    edited March 2021
    I've just published 1.23, Family, here's the link for the new chapter: https://jamessimsstories.wordpress.com/2021/02/26/1-23-family/.

Hope you enjoy, and looking forward to any comments or feedback :smile:
    Post edited by JamesSims528 on
    edited February 2021
    Hello Everyone. Checking in.
    Had some crazy busy RL stuff happening this week. However, I now have my mods updated and the Anniversary patch installed and will be able to spend some time with my Sims.

Have been reading both JamesSims/Beatrice’s legacy and CathyTea’s/Case. Will try not to take too long to catch up.
    Thanks for reading my first posts and commenting JamesSims. Hope to have you an update soon!
    Post edited by NRowe on
  • NoWindowsNoWindows Posts: 162 Member
    Oo, if it's possible, may I join?
    Call me AC1. It won't let me change my name!

Read Watercolor Whimsy here!
  • Cosy_CatastopheCosy_Catastophe Posts: 77 Member
    If the places are full I’m definitely just going to join to read, I’ve updated my reading list with everyone’s so far 😊