Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changes to Sims 4 I'd Like to See and Why:

TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
edited February 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Changes to Sims 4 I'd Like to See and Why:

1) The Death Flower-
The way it works in the Sims 4 is very annoying. It makes it impossible to play a single sim household because the only way to save your sim is to have another you control give the Grim Reaper the Death Flower. The Sims 3 Death Flower was the best because you just had to carry it in your pocket and if your sim dies they automatically give one to the Grim Reaper. No worries about death so I didn't mind all the ways your Sim could die in the Sims 3. In fact I was more willing to have my Sims 3 sims try everything because I didn't fear losing gameplay because they always had Death Flowers. If they could make it that your sim will automatically give a Death Flower if they have it and if they don't then a Family Member can or even make it so that an NPC might jump in and give the Grim Reaper the death flower. I believe that the complaints about death in the game would decrease as well.

2) Toggles and Sliders! We Need More.
Like No Births or Adoptions (Both Human and Pets)
Weeks in a season 7,14,21,24
Be able to choose how many weeks for each individual Season
Be able choose Thunder Storms with or without lighting damage and with or without Sims getting struck by lighting
More Age length options
More Autonomy Option (Low, Medium, High)
A Toggle that lets you choose to control your pet or not

3) Sims-
Height Sliders that work with the Genetics System (Human and Pets)
Add a Tween Life Stage
Free The Babies
Status Bars for Babies and Pets

4) Fix What Is Broken!

I could go on and on but I am curious as to what others think and what they would like implemented. I'm interested to see what others think would make the game more enjoyable for them and everyone else.
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Agree with these. I also really want..

Preschool and middle age life stage.
    Non mutual relationships... Let my kid hate her step mum who loves her.. let my teen have a crush on the neighbour without her liking him back etc.

• jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Height slider is so crucial but we will have to wait for ts5 for that I am sure. Teen YA and A are identical. Quite disappointing.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2021
    I want to say open neighborhood. I really wonder if that's possible at all? I can live with loading screens but nothing annoys me like touching my neighbors house only to hit a load screen. That has bothered me for years 😅😅 especially in apartments.
    If we have to compromise how smooth ts4 runs without lag it's not worth it though. I'm willing to take the load screen.

I also would like more autonomy options or atleast a medium option.

I still want to see an option in CAS to copy everything over to all categories.

More than 8 sim household without having to use mods because well, they glitch so I'm back to using 8 sims. And if we can't have more than 8 sims it would be nice if pets didn't take up a space. I just want a house full of pets AND sims in my big family😭😭 because of that I end up kicking pets out.

Not controlling pets was a big loss to me. It was one of my favorite things to do. I really want that back although I don't believe we ever will.

The Kraken. I need that in my waters like NOW 😅
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I also feel that libraries are pointless because they only have like a handful of books. Why are there not skill books. A library should have a large variety of books!
  • lenorcalenorca Posts: 30 Member
    edited February 2021
    I agree with the comment on being able to control pets! In TS1,TS2 and TS3 it was my favourite pack of them all but in TS4 I ended up uninstalling Cats & Dogs because it is really annoying playing with pets. Graphically they are cute but the constant fearing of bath/fridge/etcetera and not being able to control them during sims work hours make me cranky.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    for ts4 & the franchise:
    cheaper packs, less dumb/misleading marketing, more time for devs to make content (packs can wait), hire more people to work on Maxis

for the game content:
    improved AI, emotions & traits rework, attraction system, interests, bug fixes, color sliders, open neighborhoods, toggles for no random townies spawning & story progression, allow us to control pets, possibility to have more than 8 sims on a household, customized styles, toggle for makeup on every outfit and many other toggles, CAW, more interactions, more things for our sims to do, etc.

for the gallery:
    allow us to pick one sim from a full household just so we don't have to place all the sims, and give us a download history please

mods inspiration:
    mccc, UI cheats, T.O.O.L, etc have very useful settings for the game and i think they could be added to the game.
  • niallsbrowniesniallsbrownies Posts: 32 Member
    I want a more than 8 sim household and bigger parties without needing to use mods. ALSO STORY PROGRESSION!!!!! I'm doing the 100 baby challenge right now and I'm sick and tired of having to go into each individual grown up child's cas and give them a spouse and make them have or adopt kids and choose their careers and level them up!!!
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    More toggles and options, toggles and options, toggles and options. Did I mention more toggles and options?
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I just want the bugs to be fixed mostly at this point and also real babies.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Better AI, the current one is just awful and very very lacking. Better whims, i read that they even stopped adding them, and that is a bummer for someone who enjoyed wishes in sims 3. Being able to edit the open areas around lots. Oh, and Story progression! I wont mention things that i dont think can be added, but this list would be longer if i did.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    It seems like a no brainer but Aspirations really drive a sim and like others have said - Why is there not a Mid Life aspiration? Why isn't there an Old Age aspiration?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    What exactly is a tween and how would they have any unique interactions, skills, or anything that would make them different from teens or children?
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there! Just a quick FYI: I moved this thread to the TS4 Game Feedback section. :)
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    What exactly is a tween and how would they have any unique interactions, skills, or anything that would make them different from teens or children?

Well they would have like crushes, less likely to play with toys and jungle gyms but still like to, get a jumpstart on skills like charisma, comedy, handiness, programming, fitness, painting, gardening, & cooking (with parents). They could do weekend odd jobs like mowing lawns, pulling weeds, keeping toddlers entertained, and walking dogs. The tween age 9-13 would have more mood swings and push boundaries far more often.
  • MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    I want:

Gameplay things:

Pet bunnies. They've never been in a sims game. I have had two amazingly affectionate and silly bunnies. It bums me out there have been no version of a pet bunny in the entire history of the game.

Pet birds. They have been in every sims game except TS4.

Fairies because I love fairies ngl.

More social events. Anniversaries, Family gatherings, funerals, engagement parties, baby showers, slumberparties for children & teen, movie nights.

I honestly don't care about babies or cars. Toddlers are high maintenance (mainly because they are so buggy), so I'm not sure I'd actually want another high maintenance stage. Regarding cars, I'd rather have horses. That would add more than just animations.

----------------------------------

CAS things:

Hair & Eye colour sliders and/or added hair colours

More CAS presets

Fixing the phantom boobs present on most feminine tops on masculine bodies.

More eyebrows

More make-up

Pronoun settings

More voices.

-----------------------------------

Options:

Dificulty settings. Sliders for base average pay from careers, student loans, relationship gains, lot value. that could either make the game easier or harder based on negative or positive multipliers on the base value. I shouldn't have to limit the features that I paid for, in order to find a modecum of dificulty in the game.

Occult population settings. I want more occult events. Some people want less. Make both happy with a setting for less/none/more

EXTREME AUTONOMONY. Basically just add more autonomy settings for people who want less. I want more. I want autonomous proposals and stuff.

-------------------------------------

That's my list ^^
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • MVG181MVG181 Posts: 11 New Member
    I want:

BUILD MODE/LOTS
    -------------------

- Paths and roads that touch the edge of the lot! It looks really bad when your path has a gap in it!
    - The ability to separate lots. Like you use a tool similar to the custom room one to draw an area that other sims can live on/rent. Or just selecting a room and clicking something that makes it rentable. Then other sims could move in and pay rent to the lot owner. You could make a row of townhouses, a functional hotel, a custom block of flats... anything!
    - Keep the swatches but add a colour wheel!

CAS
    -------------------
    - Hair colour wheel!
    - Saved outfit/makeup wardrobe!
    - This isn't my idea but I think it's great: instead of outfit categories, tag outfits with multiple tags, so you can have cold temp sleepwear, clothes to wear when its raining, clothes to wear when doing different activities, clothes tagged as indoor/outdoor/home lot/library etc!

SIMS
    -------------------
    - Better babies - I want to be able to carry them about, put them in high chairs, play with them, go on runs with them in prams!
    - Preschoolers and Tweens! (BUT these lifestages should be optional, so you can turn them off)
    Preschoolers:
    - Do most things that kids and toddlers can
    - very short time spent as preschooler, maybe a week or two
    - can be signed up for preschool to get a headstart on learning
    - taller than toddlers & need less attention
    Tweens:
    - taller than kids
    - going through puberty (Optional! They can get spots and 1st periods etc)
    - stroppier than kids, more likely to be rude
    - can do most adult skills
    - shorter lifestage than kid by a week or two

PACKS
    --------------------
    - Businesses! Manage a hotel, buy a shop and sell food/items, work from home making orders for your online store etc
    - Safari! Travel to an African safari camp - you can go glamping to a luxury retreat or bring your own tent to one of a few designated areas! Maybe you'll even spot a hippo or a family of warthogs walking through the camp. (Be warned: petting the hippo is not a good idea). Your sims can go on rabbit hole safaris and down the river, through the forest and out on the savannah. They'll come back with photos and maybe a moodlet. While you're there, feed the giraffes at a sanctuary, go for romantic non-rabbit hole boat ride, or even get married in the savannah! The best part of this pack would probably be the CAS and Build mode items. Natural woods, earthy colours, cute kids toys, gorgeous wallpaper showing jungles with monkeys and leopards etc.
    -CHEAPER PACKS!!! They are waaaay overpriced! Even my loaded friend thinks so.

GAMEPLAY
    --------------------
    - Wild animals like foxes, rabbits (pet rabbits too!), birds etc
    - Better romance!!
    - Someone else already said this but relationship bars should have a button to turn of mutuality. You can be head over heels in love with someone, but they might not even know you!

Wow, that's longer than I thought it was going to be!