Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Window & door glitch through mirrors.

Hey guys, sorry I didn't really know what category to post this under but is anyone still having issues with doors and windows?
I do NOT use CC windows or doors. I thought it may have been my CC wallpaper but I've tried without and also removed all mods etc. and tried it just wont go away. A lot of people said the issue was fixed for them after updates - initially for me it was just the outline of the door that would show in the reflection of a mirror. That got fixed, but a new issue arose and now the whole wall that the door or window is on becomes invisible (images below). Is anyone else having this issue?

[img][/img]LWNBHdx.png
[img][/img]ETurKM9.png

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited February 2021
    yeah don't use any cc or mods but i also have walls not showing up in mirrors when i have all walls up and its making me very frustrated

the windows doors etc will just float by themselves
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • KillerDollTVKillerDollTV Posts: 42 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    yeah don't use any cc or mods but i also have walls not showing up in mirrors when i have all walls up and its making me very frustrated

yep its only when all walls are up for me too - i'm so over it. it's been months and months and has just made me not want to play the game and I want to create content but it just ruins everything >:(
  • GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    I haven't had this issue, but I have had door issues in general. Some Get Together doors are completely broken in the VANILLA game for no reason and my Sims can never use them. 😕
    I haven't had this issue, but I have had door issues in general. Some Get Together doors are completely broken in the VANILLA game for no reason and my Sims can never use them. 😕

i don't understand why it's not a priority for them to fix it. there have been like 3 updates since i've had this issue.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Yeah, this has been an issue for a little while now. It's generally not so much a problem for me in normal gameplay, but I have to be particularly careful when taking screenshots now. Well, any that I want to keep and/or share, anyway. The only current workaround I know is to use creative angles, but that doesn't always work to achieve the effect you want.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    edited February 2021
    This issue was first introduced with the September 2020 patch, which also broke several doors and windows in general, especially those from Get Together. A later patch claimed to have fixed the reflections, but they were never fixed, they've just been broken in a different way since then, and I'm still having this issue even though I don't use any cc doors and windows.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Same here. Best to ask the moderators to put this under the feedback forum and report it via the EA help section. I’m not sure if there’s already a topic created for this. 🤔
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there! With issues like this, it's best to head over to Answers HQ and fill in a Bug Report. That way, the team can get all the important info to investigate. :)
    This issue was first introduced with the September 2020 patch, which also broke several doors and windows in general, especially those from Get Together. A later patch claimed to have fixed the reflections, but they were never fixed, they've just been broken in a different way since then, and I'm still having this issue even though I don't use any cc doors and windows.

yeah but mines not even custom content :sweat_smile:
    Same here. Best to ask the moderators to put this under the feedback forum and report it via the EA help section. I’m not sure if there’s already a topic created for this. 🤔

yeah there is hence why i don't bother with bug reports etc. although i think i posted one when i first noticed the issue. i just wanted to see if it was still happening for others as i've seen from a lot of people that it had been fixed :smile:
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member

yeah but mines not even custom content :sweat_smile:

As I said, neither is mine.