Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco changing even with eco settings off?

graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
i have all eco settings off before i started the save to make sure it doesn't get corrupted with buggy NAPs and eco buggy gameplay, before i used to get only NAPs nonfictions now changing the eco footprint.. maybe this is new with January update?

BEOIPDV.png

i even checked the option.ini file all eco effects were set to zero..

Comments

• graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    I wonder if this has happened to anyone else?
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited February 2021
    Eco Settings seems to change according to initial trajectory even with it off, it's just that you cannot do anything about it. At all. Meaning in most worlds it defaults to going green.

I suspect the smoggy neighborhood in Evergreen Harbor defaults to "Smoggy" while virtually every single other neighborhood in every single world go green, slowly, if you have Eco Footprint toggled off. That has been my experience, at least. Within a Sim Year there are golden rays over my lot. Every time.

What I am curious about is how you got Sulani smoggy, that literally should not be able to happen unless you play with eco footprint On AND deliberately sabotage the environment.
    I mean I have even noticed that if you have Eco Footprint OFF and visit Sulani the amount of trash is much smaller than normal and it goes green VERY quickly just by picking trash on the beaches and snorkling.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I'm having this problem as well. I turned it off, but San Myshuno is smoggy and gross right now. This started happening after the most recent patch, I believe. Prior to that, I turned it off and didn't have any issues with smog in my other worlds. Now, the smog creeps in everywhere. I even double checked to make sure it was still turned off. It is off. I'm at a loss.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I'm having this problem as well. I turned it off, but San Myshuno is smoggy and gross right now. This started happening after the most recent patch, I believe. Prior to that, I turned it off and didn't have any issues with smog in my other worlds. Now, the smog creeps in everywhere. I even double checked to make sure it was still turned off. It is off. I'm at a loss.

For me it has been like this since Eco Living came out.
    However I realize now I have put Eco friendly equipment on all community lots in all worlds, which might be why all worlds push green slowly for me.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Had the same issue in a game I was playing on the island in Windenburg - all eco stuff off, but got all smoggy - had to cheat it back to normal.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    edited February 2021
    Eco Settings seems to change according to initial trajectory even with it off, it's just that you cannot do anything about it. At all. Meaning in most worlds it defaults to going green.

I suspect the smoggy neighborhood in Evergreen Harbor defaults to "Smoggy" while virtually every single other neighborhood in every single world go green, slowly, if you have Eco Footprint toggled off. That has been my experience, at least. Within a Sim Year there are golden rays over my lot. Every time.

What I am curious about is how you got Sulani smoggy, that literally should not be able to happen unless you play with eco footprint On AND deliberately sabotage the environment.
    I mean I have even noticed that if you have Eco Footprint OFF and visit Sulani the amount of trash is much smaller than normal and it goes green VERY quickly just by picking trash on the beaches and snorkling.

Before I turned on back again I was even picking up the trash on the land on ocean trying to keep it clean but in my current neighborhood I'm not sure if I have to visit all neighborhoods and clean it"ll be exhausting tbh and the trash return after a day..

I mean if it's my neighborhood I dont have to travel constantly to pick up trash in all worlds but I thought each neighborhood has separated eco footprint?

But I'm cleaning my neighborhood daily now in sulani and added more bushes and trees and dew collector plus grew a garden and taking care of it, my power consumption is very too, only the fridge, the rest are off the grid..

So I don't get why it went industrial so easily..
  • wazza_wazzouwazza_wazzou Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi I'm having an issue. I put in the cheat to have the eco part of the town I was in to friendly. It changed the exterior of the apartment which I thought was nice at first but I already decorated the inside a specific way and now it's hindering with it. How do I change the exterior back to how it was before? I've used the cheats to make it industrial even and the exterior still won't reverse to what it was before.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Hi I'm having an issue. I put in the cheat to have the eco part of the town I was in to friendly. It changed the exterior of the apartment which I thought was nice at first but I already decorated the inside a specific way and now it's hindering with it. How do I change the exterior back to how it was before? I've used the cheats to make it industrial even and the exterior still won't reverse to what it was before.

I believe the outside of the apartments does not change with the eco footprint but is controlled by the NAPs. Did you recently enact or repeal the green initiative or modern development NAP? Those control the look of the buildings and streets in evergreen Harbour. You can quickly change the NAP by shift clicking on the community board.