Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Space

I built the rocket in the park but why can't I go to space with my sim?

Comments

• AkeelneyAkeelney Posts: 115 Member
    > @dallymunoz21 said:
    > I built the rocket in the park but why can't I go to space with my sim?

Umm. I don't even think you can go to space? Is that even a thing...
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    That's the way the game was designed.
  • dallymunoz21dallymunoz21 Posts: 99 Member
    With get to work ep can't u use the rocket to go to the alien world?
  • pAnDabEar321pAnDabEar321 Posts: 151 Member
    Your Sim has to max out the Rocket Science skill, then install a Wormhole Generator on your rocket for $1000. Then you can visit Sixam by traveling through the Wormhole.
    12N7HsEBduWvsc.gif
  • AkeelneyAkeelney Posts: 115 Member
    > @pAnDabEar321 said:
    > Your Sim has to max out the Rocket Science skill, then install a Wormhole Generator on your rocket for $1000. Then you can visit Sixam by traveling through the Wormhole.

Sounds... interesting.
  • pAnDabEar321pAnDabEar321 Posts: 151 Member
    Akeelney wrote: »
    > @pAnDabEar321 said:
    > Your Sim has to max out the Rocket Science skill, then install a Wormhole Generator on your rocket for $1000. Then you can visit Sixam by traveling through the Wormhole.

Sounds... interesting.
    It's the truth. I've done it before.

12N7HsEBduWvsc.gif
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    My sim installed the wormhole generator and visited Sixam (for this you need GTW). But even before that, once the rocket was ready, she was able to "explore space" or something. There's only an animation, where the rocket launches, and then you get occasional popups, where you might have to choose between a couple of actions.

So, you should definitely be able to go to space even without the wormhole generator, which means even without GTW.

My sim built her rocket on her home lot, so perhaps you can't travel to space from a community lot? Just thought that might be the reason, but then, I don't really know. Kind of silly, if that's the case, because why then can you build a space ship you can't use?
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Currently you can't actually go to space in The Sims 4, you can only go on a pop-up chance card decision making kind of mini-game.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited August 2015
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Currently you can't actually go to space in The Sims 4, you can only go on a pop-up chance card decision making kind of mini-game.

That's true for the rocket ship.

With the wormhole generator, you can go to Sixam. IIRC, that works if you place an upgraded wormhole generator on a lot, too. You can get that through the Scientist career or through cheats. Personally, I have an Aliens' Store in my game where Sims -- Alien or not -- can buy various GTW objects. I haven't tested in-game yet to see if the wormhole generator there will let a Sim who buys it travel to Sixam. (I still have Stuff to do with my retail area to make things all buyable, etc.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • UmbrakinesisUmbrakinesis Posts: 1 New Member
    How do I get he scientist career or through cheats?
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited February 2021
    How do I get he scientist career or through cheats?
    It comes with Get to Work. (expansion pack) Currently 50% off on Origin.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/