Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help !!! I can't get in.

I'm playing Not So Berry and Rose is living in a Appt. Everything is working great until she stepped out to mail a book. Now she can't get back in. She has a baby in there. I tried going to manage world and then back and exiting and repairing but nothing is working. She is locked out but the door is not locked and she lives there. What do I do. I don't know how to use cheats, and when someone tries to tell me it goes right over my head.

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited February 2021
    Which apartment is she living in? I want to see if I can replicate it.

For now, the only thing I can suggest is turn on testingcheats and teleport her inside.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Can you get her to travel someplace else altogether and then send her back home and see if the issue persists?

Exiting the game and clearing your localthumbscache.package file and the onlinethumbnailcache folder (if present) before relaunching the game may help clear the bugs too.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    If all else fails, move household to another lot.
  • Echo17121Echo17121 Posts: 88 Member
    edited February 2021
    Can you see the furniture in the apartment still? Maybe turn testingcheats on and try to teleport in there?

Sorry just realizing you wrote that you have trouble with cheats. I hope you figure it out!
    Post edited by Echo17121 on
  • TerryKasperTerryKasper Posts: 24 Member
    > @crocobaura said:
    > If all else fails, move household to another lot.
    ☝☝☝
    Sometimes the game be breaking like that, I'm sure you can figure out a storytelling spin for moving apartments.

It's either that or using cheats it seems.
    TerryCorvus @ Origin ID
    Kasp @ MTS
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

For now, the only thing I can suggest is turn on testingcheats and teleport her inside.

I don't know how to do that. Did you know you have to turn a computer on to use it. Ha Ha.
    Can you get her to travel someplace else altogether and then send her back home and see if the issue persists?

Exiting the game and clearing your localthumbscache.package file and the onlinethumbnailcache folder (if present) before relaunching the game may help clear the bugs too.

I went to manage world and back. i exited out of game and repaired it. It didn't work. I don't think I tried traveling with her, I will try that. In the mean time I did a save as and went to an older save. I didn't think it would do any good because I save so much. And figured it would be the same way. But the last one (5th) was two sim days before and it was ok. I just made sure I didn't do the same thing in hopes it wouldn't happen again. so far so good. I would have moved but she didn't have a lot of money yet. I couldn't find anything she could afford and still be able to keep everything she has. When I first started playing I never saved and was constantly losing play time because of issues. So I trained myself to save often. That can be a good thing, but not so good in issues like this. I just got lucky I still had one save that would help. Thank you for your help.
    EgonVM wrote: »

It's in the art center area. Right of the gym and in the first tower. It's the Apt. on the right in that tower. It's the big one. I forgot the name.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    When I first started playing I never saved and was constantly losing play time because of issues. So I trained myself to save often. That can be a good thing, but not so good in issues like this. I just got lucky I still had one save that would help. Thank you for your help.
    The thing is to use "Save As" every now and then, not just regular save. I always use it before something important, if something gets bugged, I can go back to the point all was okay.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    crocobaura wrote: »
    If all else fails, move household to another lot.

Thats what I was going to do. but she had little money and a lot of stuff. I couldn't find anything she could afford and still be able to keep everything. She had about $20.000. But the Apt. had been redecorated. She had a lot of nice stuff.
    Echo17121 wrote: »
    Can you see the furniture in the apartment still? Maybe turn testingcheats on and try to teleport in there?

Sorry just realizing you wrote that you have trouble with cheats. I hope you figure it out!

I could see everything. She just kept saying she couldn't get in. But she got in and out for the whole time she lived there ok. And she had just stepped out to mail a book steps away. I could even click on baby and go there.
    edited February 2021
    @Behappy1st ,

Did you try and travel with her to another world?

Otherwise, Using cheats is actually very easy. You can do it step-by step:

If you’re on PC or Mac do the following:

1. Opening the cheat console:

To open the cheats console on a Windows PC: hold both CTRL+SHIFT simultaneously and hit C.

To open the cheats console on a Mac: hold both CMND+SHIFT simultaneously and hit C.

It opens up a white bar at the top of your screen in which can type commands.

2. Enabling cheats:

In order to enable cheats you need to type the following:

testingcheats on

Press Enter.

Now you can use a bunch of cheats that may help you continue to play with the “bugged” save, rather than moving back to an old one.

3. To teleport:

If you can see inside the house, try to hold SHIFT+ left mouse click on the area where you want your sim to go. It should say “teleport here”.
    See if she teleports back into the house.

If it doesn’t work, perhaps moving her and giving the household a lot for free will work. That is, If you don’t mind giving her a free lot.

4. The Free Real Estate and Motherlode cheats :

Get her to move to another lot the way you always do.
    Just before you confirm the place you want her to live in, make sure you have the cheat console open and type:

freerealestate on

Press Enter.

You can move her into any desired house (the lot outline will turn green instead of yellow) and she will keep all the money she currently has. I’d suggest not moving her into a huge mansion yet because she may not be able to pay the bills. Unless you use another cheat to top up the current savings:

motherlode

Press Enter.

That one will add 50.000 simoleons to the household. Just in case they’re stuck for a few bob. 😉

5. Disabling cheats:

Once you’re done with using cheats I would suggest to de-activate the cheats commands by typing:

testingcheats off

Press Enter.

That’s just to avoid conflict within the save.

6. Closing the cheat console.

To get rid of the console bar at the top of your screen, select it (as if you’re going to type inside) and hit ESC.

Did either of those options work for you?
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    @Behappy1st - if it happens again do travel to another lot as then the baby would go to the nursery, so you wouldn't have to worry about it, and it does usually work to 'unstick' a sim.

I dont know how you dont play without cheats, I couldn't play without them - like some can only play with CC and Mods in their game! I find CC and mods baffling so dont use them, I wouldn't have a clue how to open this file or that file, and have to change them all every time there is an update :# ...no thank you!! :)@CAPTAIN_NXR7 has done a fab post about how to access the cheats so hopefully you can have a go!
    @Behappy1st ,

To open the cheats console on a Windows PC: hold both CTRL+SHIFT simultaneously and hit C.

To open the cheats console on a Mac: hold both CMND+SHIFT simultaneously and hit C.

2. Enabling cheats:

testingcheats on

Press Enter.

Now you can use a bunch of cheats that may help you continue to play with the “bugged” save, rather than moving back to an old one.

3. To teleport:

If you can see inside the house, try to hold SHIFT+ left mouse click on the area where you want your sim to go. It should say “teleport here”.

If it doesn’t work, perhaps moving her and giving the household a lot for free will work. That is, If you don’t mind giving her a free lot.

Just before you confirm the place you want her to live in, make sure you have the cheat console open and type:

freerealestate on

Press Enter.

You can move her into any desired house (the lot outline will turn green instead of yellow) and she will keep all the money she currently has. I’d suggest not moving her into a huge mansion yet because she may not be able to pay the bills. Unless you use another cheat to top up the current savings:

motherlode

Press Enter.

That one will add 50.000 simoleons to the household. Just in case they’re stuck for a few bob. 😉

5. Disabling cheats:

Once you’re done with using cheats I would suggest to de-activate the cheats commands by typing:

testingcheats off

Press Enter.

To get rid of the console bar at the top of your screen, select it (as if you’re going to type inside) and hit ESC.

I tried using cheats a couple of times but couldn't get it to work. I opened the console and put in a cheat. BUT I didn't put in testing cheats on, thats why it didn't work I'm guessing. When I say I'm bad with computers I mean it. I went to the earlier save and deleted the problem save. I didn't lose to much time just two sim days. Mostly just waiting for baby too age up. I've caught up she's a toddler now. But I'm writing all of this down and saving it where I can find it. (with my sim notes). I think I will start a new save just to try out different cheats. Until I know what I'm doing I don't want to try it in my saved game. Thank You for answering.
    foxybilly wrote: »
    @Behappy1st - if it happens again do travel to another lot as then the baby would go to the nursery, so you wouldn't have to worry about it, and it does usually work to 'unstick' a sim.

I dont know how you dont play without cheats, I couldn't play without them - like some can only play with CC and Mods in their game! I find CC and mods baffling so dont use them, I wouldn't have a clue how to open this file or that file, and have to change them all every time there is an update :# ...no thank you!! :)@CAPTAIN_NXR7 has done a fab post about how to access the cheats so hopefully you can have a go!

Exactly, I wouldn't have a clue either. Besides they made the Murphy's Law Rues by following me around and taking notes. If It can go wrong it will. LOL !!!
    @Behappy1st ,

2. Enabling cheats:

testingcheats on

Press Enter.

3. To teleport:

freerealestate on

Press Enter.

motherlode

Press Enter.

5. Disabling cheats:

testingcheats off

Press Enter.

I tried using cheats a couple of times but couldn't get it to work. I opened the console and put in a cheat. BUT I didn't put in testing cheats on, thats why it didn't work I'm guessing. When I say I'm bad with computers I mean it. I went to the earlier save and deleted the problem save. I didn't lose to much time just two sim days. Mostly just waiting for baby too age up. I've caught up she's a toddler now. But I'm writing all of this down and saving it where I can find it. (with my sim notes). I think I will start a new save just to try out different cheats. Until I know what I'm doing I don't want to try it in my saved game. Thank You for answering.

No problem! Yes, testingcheats on is the key to getting the cheats to work.
    Here’s a library of cheats that may be of interest, once you feel more confident using the console:

https://sims-online.com/sims-4-game-info/sims-4-game-cheats-codes/

Happy Simming!
    @Behappy1st ,

2. Enabling cheats:

testingcheats on

Press Enter.

3. To teleport:

freerealestate on

Press Enter.

motherlode

Press Enter.

5. Disabling cheats:

testingcheats off

Press Enter.

No problem! Yes, testingcheats on is the key to getting the cheats to work.
    Here’s a library of cheats that may be of interest, once you feel more confident using the console:

https://sims-online.com/sims-4-game-info/sims-4-game-cheats-codes/

Happy Simming!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU !!!! I just went and tried it and it worked. It will take me awhile to learn it. But now I know I can do it. I'll make a small list off the ones I think I will use to start with. You have been more helpful then you can imagine.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member

I went to manage world and back. i exited out of game and repaired it. It didn't work. I don't think I tried traveling with her, I will try that. In the mean time I did a save as and went to an older save. I didn't think it would do any good because I save so much. And figured it would be the same way. But the last one (5th) was two sim days before and it was ok. I just made sure I didn't do the same thing in hopes it wouldn't happen again. so far so good. I would have moved but she didn't have a lot of money yet. I couldn't find anything she could afford and still be able to keep everything she has. When I first started playing I never saved and was constantly losing play time because of issues. So I trained myself to save often. That can be a good thing, but not so good in issues like this. I just got lucky I still had one save that would help. Thank you for your help.

I always use Save As and name the save. I generally use the Surname of my Sim and then Save As the next gaming session adding Cantrell-1 for example. Then I'll do a Save As the next time I play and name it Cantrell-1a; When I get to 1g, I go to 2 and so on and so forth. That way, should something go horribly wrong (and trust me I think I've written the book on Restarts) I can roll back a save, or two to avert any problem that crops up. Glad you found a previous save. It beats having to restart altogether.

Next time, have your Sim travel to another lot or world, then bring them back. That often will 'fix' whatever went awry, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/