Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's Your Favourite Snowy Escape Activity?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited November 2020
    jomilej wrote: »
    Rock climbing for sure!! But hiking is also good I guess?
    Just tonight, one of my sims had caught the yellow forest spirit while on a hike. So there is more to hiking than just walking around and taking in the beautiful scenery. The same sim that had caught the yellow forest spirit also evaded a giant insect attack without any repellent while on a previous hike in the same area.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Sledding
    Sledding because my sims can do the activity with others.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Hiking
    The hiking excursions are fun. I'm rather disappointed that the mountain excursion requires a group of people, since I try not to let my Sims meet anyone (to avoid constant texts and phone calls). I was looking forward to doing that, but it's going to have to wait until I create a pair of Sims and get them all skilled up for it.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited November 2020
    The hiking excursions are fun. I'm rather disappointed that the mountain excursion requires a group of people, since I try not to let my Sims meet anyone (to avoid constant texts and phone calls). I was looking forward to doing that, but it's going to have to wait until I create a pair of Sims and get them all skilled up for it.
    I pretty much do the same thing with my global superstar sims when it come to phone calls and text messages. Even the constant fan interactions are becoming a problem. Every time that I send one of my global superstars somewhere they are almost constantly signing autographs, posing for picture, hugging a fan or taking selfies with them. The fans are also throwing way to much confetti when ever my superstar shows up at a place where I sent them. Causing my superstar to just stand there for far to long. Because it wouldn't be just one fan doing this, but as much as 7 fans would be delaying my superstar just for the sake of throwing confetti their way. And some of these fans would throw 2 handfuls of confetti or fire the confetti canon twice back to back. The team really should release a patch that would tone the fan/star interactions down a few notches.
    But you can do this to get your sim to the top of the mountain. Create a roommate or special live-in someone for. Have them both max out the rock climbing skill. And then have them go on an expedition to the top of the mountain together. It's what they did to show off the climb to the top of the mountain in the live stream. They had a couple and their teenage son climb to the top of the mountain together. I plan to do this, minus the teenager.
  • Options
    carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    Hiking
    I like all of the new activities but Hiking really make the world more interactable (=feels more like open world). I hope they will add hiking trails and climbing walls for every new world / pack from now on.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited February 2021
    Other
    I must say that even tho I love the world, I again find me drawn to Sulani. I just don't see a reason to go anywhere but.
    So my favorite activity in Snowy Escape is to go diving at least 2-3 times a week despite my Sims living in the Snowy Escape world.

Edit: Btw Hiking seems to always bug out for me. Only one in four or so hikes work; most of the time my Sims gets distracted by something and cancel the hiking. Besides the sped up animations really bother me, it looks dumb.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited February 2021
    Snowboarding
    I have always wanted to try snowboarding, but couldn't, so I enjoy it theough my sims and first-person camera view.