Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Travel with another Sim

My sim wants to go traveling w/her boyfriend. How do I do that? The travel option on my phone is not giving me anyone I can pick to go with me. Do they need to be in my family? Thanks!

Comments

• perezismarayperezismaray Posts: 165 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I THINK they have to be in the same household but I'm not sure :? and you pick whoever's goin with you when the travel planner pops up
  • Lochar67Lochar67 Posts: 69 Member
    edited November 2009
    Are they in the same area when tried? I know you can take anyone in household along, just not sure if non household will work, but like going to dinner or something the person needs to be in the area.

On a side note, I am finding its ALOT easier to go alone, with the time limit, its hard to to multi task with WA, especially if one is doing a tomb, unless can find things that dont need to be micro managed. Doing more than 1 adventure at a time tho is a pain.
  • govikes98govikes98 Posts: 4
    edited November 2009
    thanks! think i will just skip that wish then :)
  • SharkloverPlayerSharkloverPlayer Posts: 2,849 New Member
    edited November 2009
    She can take her boyfriend with her you just have to cheat to make it happen.Type in testingcheatsenabled true invite him over or go to his house.Shift click on him and add him to active family.She will then be able to take him.After the trip you can always split the household in edit neighborhood and move him back in his house.
    edited November 2009
    Lochar67 wrote:
    Are they in the same area when tried? I know you can take anyone in household along, just not sure if non household will work, but like going to dinner or something the person needs to be in the area.

On a side note, I am finding its ALOT easier to go alone, with the time limit, its hard to to multi task with WA, especially if one is doing a tomb, unless can find things that dont need to be micro managed. Doing more than 1 adventure at a time tho is a pain.

Being in the same area doesn't work I tried you have to use the testingcheatenabled true shift and add them to active family.That does work.You can even do this with foreighn sims.
  • Masterone01Masterone01 Posts: 342 Member
    edited November 2009
    That is too bad that EA made it that way; because today, many people go travel with their friends ... so why did EA leave out that option?
  • ChrmdRcks20ChrmdRcks20 Posts: 274 Member
    edited December 2009
    I agree! This is very disappointing. Some people in travel with their coworkers. I bet the creators will create a patch that will allow sims to travel with people who aren't in their household. Too many people will complain about that option not being available. I mean, this really reduces a LOT of options you could have with World Adventures. I bet they'll add it to an upcoming patch.
    edited December 2009
    Well you know it's like the show,concert,game etc sims can't see it with a friend there is no see show with.You have to add friends to active family and make them go into the theater with your sim.Same with the picnic basket,fishing,picnic tables and swimming pools.You have to add friends to family to get them to join.I sure wish EA would fix this in a patch.I don't see how they could have overlooked all this.

I know you can cheat and add them to family but why should we have to go to so much trouble.Bon voyage let you invite friends on vacations.
  • shangsimlarocksshangsimlarocks Posts: 3
    edited February 2010
    i know it's annoying. My sim has a girlfriend in Al Simhara and i really want her to travel with him to shang simla :( but she can't
  • YazijaziYazijazi Posts: 3
    edited August 2011
    Well you know it's like the show,concert,game etc sims can't see it with a friend there is no see show with.You have to add friends to active family and make them go into the theater with your sim.Same with the picnic basket,fishing,picnic tables and swimming pools.You have to add friends to family to get them to join.I sure wish EA would fix this in a patch.I don't see how they could have overlooked all this.

I know you can cheat and add them to family but why should we have to go to so much trouble.Bon voyage let you invite friends on vacations.

with the show and concert options, you can invite boyfriends/girlfriends to see a show when you are grouped or on a date(with late night). i havent tried it but maybe you can travel with a friend when you are grouped?? ill try it out now;)
  • SatyrSatyr Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm adding to this old topic because our sims STILL can't holiday with sims from another household.

I think when a sim is grouped with another, they should be able to travel together. If friends can stay over without being under player control, then why not apply that to travelling?

This might take a little work for the programmers to tweak, but the gameplay experience for World Adventures will improve tenfold.
  • cleobabycleobaby Posts: 1,048 Member
    edited June 2012
    Speaking of disappointing, did anyone ever figure out a way to fix the travel glitch? I stopped playing for a while after Pets because I got so fed up with all the bugs that kept crashing my game. I picked it back up a few days ago, got the latest patch, and just found out the hard way that my sims still disappear if they attempt to travel.

WA has been out for so long now, surely there's a fix...anyone? :(
  • MadcappMadcapp Posts: 39 Member
    edited July 2012
    I do feel this is some kind of oversight considering I have a lot of sims always wishing to travel with people who are not in their households. It would be nice to be able to take them along.
  • liars_paradoxliars_paradox Posts: 166 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I agree! This is very disappointing. Some people in travel with their coworkers. I bet the creators will create a patch that will allow sims to travel with people who aren't in their household. Too many people will complain about that option not being available. I mean, this really reduces a LOT of options you could have with World Adventures. I bet they'll add it to an upcoming patch.

And, three years later, that is still not the case.
  • liars_paradoxliars_paradox Posts: 166 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Yazijazi wrote:
    with the show and concert options, you can invite boyfriends/girlfriends to see a show when you are grouped or on a date(with late night). i havent tried it but maybe you can travel with a friend when you are grouped?? ill try it out now;)
    Nope, that doesn't work.
    Satyr wrote:
    I think when a sim is grouped with another, they should be able to travel together. If friends can stay over without being under player control, then why not apply that to travelling?

This might take a little work for the programmers to tweak, but the gameplay experience for World Adventures will improve tenfold.
    Probably not. It probably would be almost no amount of work for them to allow members of a group to travel abroad with a sim.

The only reason why the programmers haven't done it yet, is because no one is telling them to do so, and they're not allowed to make changes to the code unless they're told to.
  • Rokey25Rokey25 Posts: 10
    edited February 2013
    Probably not. It probably would be almost no amount of work for them to allow members of a group to travel abroad with a sim.

I have to disagree.

It's likely that the vacation thing is designed to make each Sim active (ie you can't bring an NPC). In order to bring an NPC sim on vacation, they'd have to code all the NPC AI to handle that. My guess is this is something that was cut because they couldn't fit the feature in their budget.

It most likely would involve re-writing entire systems. Don't expect this to be changed in a patch.

(source: I'm a game developer, though not on Sims 3)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GabsandIvyGabsandIvy Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    cleobaby wrote:
    Speaking of disappointing, did anyone ever figure out a way to fix the travel glitch? I stopped playing for a while after Pets because I got so fed up with all the bugs that kept crashing my game. I picked it back up a few days ago, got the latest patch, and just found out the hard way that my sims still disappear if they attempt to travel.

WA has been out for so long now, surely there's a fix...anyone? :(

I found it was the inventory that was making my Sims disappear. I put the items in my Sims inventory in the dog's inventory to hold until after the vacation. Just keep a few items (like the car for travelling around) in the Sims inventory and don't let too many people travel at once. Then they didn't disappear anymore.
  • LeahMcSimsLeahMcSims Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Satyr;c-8852973"]I'm adding to this old topic because our sims STILL can't holiday with sims from another household.

This might take a little work for the programmers to tweak, but the gameplay experience for World Adventures will improve tenfold.[/quote]

I dont understand why they cant just do like a "merging households" as a loading thing while traveling with your sim and their friends and then when you travel back home they have a "separating households" loading thing. Because something that's mentioned in the Travel Lessons guide says " if a sim in your travel party owns a vacation at your travel location home you will be automatically placed in that lot" so that would indicate that you can bring other sims. 🤔
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited February 2021
    LeahMcSims wrote: »
    I dont understand why they cant just do like a "merging households" as a loading thing while traveling with your sim and their friends and then when you travel back home they have a "separating households" loading thing.
    Use NRaas Traveler. Under "Allowed Travelers", set "Friends and Romantic Interests" to "true". The merging and separating will happen automatically.
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there,

Since this thread had been inactive since 2009 and a workaround has been shared, I'm closing it as per our necroposting rules.

- Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top