Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What life stage do you want improved the most?

ยซ13
Offering free hugs for your time of need.
8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif

What life stage do you want improved the most? 189 votes

Baby
24%
auroraael14Kita5399GalacticGalIceyJSikoahGracemcruddMeteoraStormturmalina007JoppiksSimplyJenKatiardguezsimmietimeCary1213stephanie132392kiwi84charmed4life4foxybillybenson2006Thenyoukissmeannaliese39 46 votes
Toddler
0%
Janl 1 vote
Child
15%
Mstybl95OolonglongCamkatsam123TerryKasperYautjagirlBabykittyjadeHarukotyanhalloweenchildSailorCetisnoepjes1210texxx78bizuktagMendotaEnkiSchmidtGenericTownieChicklet453681Phantasi33HolidayRememberJoy 29 votes
Teen
41%
Akl500Pwinkeljohn78alexspoom13alan650111AlexaicandystormPlayerSinger2010imhappyMi9shaoscarTheSpotted_CIsb917babajayneelanorbretonSnuffyBuckethaneulcchant86rosehrtgirlgoodcakebaker62Toriegreydonn 79 votes
Young Adult
2%
SavorySagealanmichael1LiELFErsa_Middletontalongirl6 5 votes
Adult
1%
mock68adele_kat 2 votes
Elder
14%
bshag4lvSara1010Psims2freak737Monet11bekiGoddessBylineg01denswantaydevduhboy2u2phantasmkissSweetieWright_84Sindocatfiercephoenix91EvaliynColton147147CattyBetsyWolfiumRustyCicuitWispyeSimmingal 27 votes

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Baby
    1. Playable Babies
    2. Teens with shorter heights
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Teen
    I want Teens that aren't Young Adults who go to school. :disappointed:
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Baby
    children and teens got a better update when parenthood came out, but babies haven't changed since release

i just want the babies to not be bound by a bassinet
    if my sim wants to leave the baby out in the yard like an offering because he'd rather hold his 3498738945th glass of water then they should let him
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Baby
    I almost chose Teen then realized Baby was on the list.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Baby
    Babies for sure are number one for me, but I would like to see shorter teens as well.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Baby
    Babies... They need to be real sims and not objects.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Child
    - More games to play together and also to play with their toddler siblings.
    - A new mechanic that differentiates elementary school children from those close to teenagehood. When I control them that's easy, but in the hands of the game 12 year old Max Villareal plays with the same toys as my six year old Jin Reed, what he really shouldn't.
    Small things would help, like younger children should be more likely to play on the monkey bars, and older kids would be more likely to hang out on them. Perhaps a child who has finished three aspirations should count as a pre-teen (cannot just use lifespan as determinator, because aging off players like me would miss out then). No romance, please, teen is early enough for that.
  • TerryKasperTerryKasper Posts: 23 Member
    Child
    Yes I'm upset babies are objects, though honestly if we were given a sling/babybjorn or a stroller so we could bring them to the park or on vacation that would be enough for me. Of course I'm bitter that Teens are just adults with less responsibilities, but if the polls are any indication of packs to come it seems there might be a High-School pack coming in the near future. Obviously I'm upset that Elders have very little going on for them, though I'm willing to be forgiving since 60 is the new 50 and the demographic whom TS4 caters to is not of this age range...

But children, think of the children! They used to have private schools, they used to jump rope and play patty-cake. In TS4 you need a MOD to even let them walk the dog or ride a bicycle. The only reason I think children cannot do these basic actions is due to being neglected, forgotten by Maxis when time came to release a new pack that didn't revolve around families.
    TerryCorvus @ Origin ID
    Kasp @ MTS
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Child
    I had to think a moment between Teen and Child, but since I can work out stories for Teen Sims as things currently stand and have a more difficult time doing such with child sims, I went with Child. They need more variety in their aspiration rewards and more options for gameplay that can be the basis of storylines. Teens, getting access to most Adult/Young Adult activities, have a lot more story potential, even if it doesn't necessarily include "classic teen stories" which I'm personally not interested in exploring anyway.*

*Admittedly, some of this comes from my own teenhood, where I didn't care about sports, only went to two school dances in four years - and only one of those was intentional - and generally hung out with the freaks and geeks who'd rather talk about the philosophy behind Star Trek and Dr. Who than the bubblegum pop flavor of the week on the radio. So "more conventional teen activities" translates to me as "More stuff I'll rarely use and may have to fight with the game to keep out."
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    Elder
    I would be fine with babies and teens as well. I can't help but worry what a mess freed babies could turn out to be. TS3 babies were left out in the snow, or left at the park a lot in my game. That doesn't necessarily mean that I don't want better babies, I just don't care as much as most. I would like them to be actual sims instead of objects though. Them being in the family inventory next to the fridge is just wrong.

However, I chose elders because I feel like there isn't a lot of fun things to do with them. It feels like once they age up, I'm bored with them. Of course, like I said in another post earlier, I usually get bored with a household way before they make it to elder. But maybe if they had more gameplay I wouldn't? I don't really know what I would want for them but I just want more interesting gameplay all around....for all lifestages.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Teen
    Teens.

They're my favorite lifestage and it's a shame they aren't anything more than glorified YA's. I LOVE that I can share outfits with YAs, but I need more gameplay for teens.

A bit more for kids would be fine too. Otherwise, I'm happy with the rest. :)
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Teen
    Teens first and then children are very close second.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Elder
    The elders are pretty sad, IMO because they have nothing much to do. I also find them constantly grabbing at their back in pain very depressing.
    I feel like we go from college age (young adult) to middle aged (adult) to elderly, with nothing in between. Even the Adult group have back twinges, wrinkles and everything suddenly sags. How is it they go from 22 to 50/60 to 80 with nothing in between? What I would like is to have the Adult group renamed to middle aged or mid-life or something, and have another group between Young Adult and the current Adult that is less wrinkled, saggy, and with no achy backs (more like 30 to 40somethings). And make the elders less totally depressing.
  • chonk_floofchonk_floof Posts: 36 Member
    Baby
    I feel like the babies need more gameplay. With real babies, you can show them the joys of the world without them realising what's really going on. The CAS should maybe also allow babies, and so you could dress them up in tiny outfits which I think would be pretty cute and fun. However, afetr clicking baby, I immediately realised that children and elders also need a bit of work. I get very bored when my Sims get old - if you jazz the elders up a bit, I could have something to look forward to in my gameplay.
    Whatever you are doing, always put 100% into it. Unless it's a blood donation.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Teen
    I want Teens that aren't Young Adults who go to school. :disappointed:

+1

Also more teens in the game. I never seem to see teen sims that aren't mine.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Child
    1. Children - More games and stuff to do. They should be able to cast a couple of spells, garden and take a dog for a walk. It always makes me sad when they can't.

2. Teens - I wish teens would be shorter and look more like children. I hardly recognise my children when they age up. Lately I have started to edited them a bit in CAS because if they are chubby they look like adults, not teens. They could have more gameplay too.

I'd love both of them to be able to have pillow fights and sleepovers.

I'm quite happy with the rest. My elders have been fun to play lately. For example a couple of them have been travelling and going to nude beaches. I also have three old ladies in Evergreen Harbor who are going to have seance ceremonies :love:
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    edited February 2021
    Elder
    I'm playing a Child main lately so the limitations on Children is definitely fresh on my mind. Children feel like semi-controllable accessories for older sims more than their own unique characters. I grabbed a couple of tuning mods that open up Cooking and Fitness to children and it really improved the overall gameplay.

I think Elders need an update even more though. Currently there really isn't a reason to play as an elder. No unique aspirations or anything else to accomplish.

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2021
    For me the ones that need improvement are in this order

1. Teenagers - They're lacking in every way there's nothing specifically for teens in this game, at all. They look exactly like young adults and there isn't anything to differentiate between the two

2. Elders - Same as teens, they're just adults that have some back pain animations and almost die every time they woohoo.

3. Kids - I feel like there isn't much kid stuff to do in the game (why are bikes adult only?!?!?!?)

4. Babies - I really don't care for babies. It'd be nice to have strollers, cribs and a few outfit choices but that's all I'd want.

Left out the other age groups as I feel like they're already pretty good and don't need any big improvements
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited February 2021
    Teen
    They are supposed to be this important part in our life where they are no longer a kid and they start to become a young adult.

But by the time they are teens in the sims 4 they are pretty much already young adults.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    Child
    I need this kids to run around outside and play tag or robbers and scotch with each other. Espacially in Granite falls since
    kids can not pick the insects & the plants or did i missed something?

We have 37DLCs and only 2 after school activities in two differente packs.

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Everything except baby, toddler and young adult.

Children don't have enough goals, and most of what has been added for them gets shared with the teen stage (scouts, drama club, character values). I'd like to see more after school activities like dance, gymnastics, team sports, music classes, etc., and that they have to reach a certain level as a child to qualify for the team/band/etc. as a teen so that there are actually goals you need to finish before they finish the child stage. Also I'd like them to have access to more hobbies. Including them in candle making and knitting has been good, but I miss the toy oven and wish they had child level gardening.

Teens have the same problem in that most goal-oriented content added for them has been shared with the child stage. I'd like to have more teen after school activities and social events like school dances. I would like teen sports teams, bands, cheerleaders, choir or glee club or something like that, and have them get in by either having met certain childhood goals or via a tryout mechanic if they developed an interest later.

Adults are like YA but... older. It might be fun if they had the option of mid-life crises, maybe depending on how many aspiration points they had accumulated before their birthday (so it wouldn't be every sim, just the least fulfilled ones). I'd like more older-but-not-elder clothes and hair styles and graying hair colors for the middle age makeovers that I give them.

Elders can't really do anything the other stages can't except reminisce if you have NK. But they are so restricted by the overexertion thing that they can't really do everything the younger sims could. I'd like to be able to purchase a trait that prevents overexertion so some of my elders could be the types like my father in law who stopped mowing his own lawn when he was 92. And then just... they need something. I really want more grandparent interactions with toddlers, children and teens. And an actual game mechanic for a retirement village would be nice. I have one in my game, but it's just a big house with a lot of rooms. I'd like it if there were activities and staff and a few more stereotypically elder activities like bingo or shuffleboard or something.

I can't say which of the above I want most, so I really can't vote.
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Teen
    Interesting how many people voted for teen, when every other thread is "Baby! Baby! Baby!" I personally think updating babies would be a waste of time, as they are only babies for two days, and I normally just age them up.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Teen
    I went with Teens, but it could include children as what I want is more after school type activities.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Elder
    Sims are elders for a long time. I have seen quite a few comments from people whose elders won't die, why won't they die, they need room in the house for more interesting Sims!

Maybe we need more interesting Elders.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports