Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else noticing dogs no longer being potty trained?

After moving into a new lot the dog of the household pees and poops inside despite being potty trained according to the game (as he was in the old lot).

If told to go potty he will go outside, so it is not that the game mistakes a room for outside.
However he only does it inside on platformed floors making me think it's a bug with those?
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I'm currently playing a household with 5 dogs... I did notice one of them had made a puddle in the lounge but apart from that they were all consistently going outside.

The house does not have platforms though, so maybe you are right.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2021
    Dogs in general seem to be buggy at the moment. I've noticed that trained dogs will spin in circles with the pee thought bubble over their heads instead of going outside like they should. They also don't seem to eat their food unless told and sims don't seem to be able to do some of the hugging interactions with small sized dogs without their arms spazzing out all over the place. They are really in need of some fixing.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Maybe it's more a matter of what lots? A lot of lots (no pun intended) seems buggy.

I play in Snowy Escape and the one starter lot in the "Suburb" (made by James) is perfectly bug free. Both households i have started there have had zero issues with anything.

BUT as soon as I have moved them there has been bugs galore: One family I moved to Lilsimsies big mansion and suddenly I got the "Invaded by all NPCs at all times" * bug.

The other family, after restarting, I moved into Deli's rental (that i made a normal home) and I got BOTH the same bug above AND the dog peeing and pooping inside. Immediately.

* Even with visits turned off, the mascot barges in at all times cooking, and random Sims who are neither neighbors nor friends will just barge in and start cooking.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @Beardedgeek I think you are right, as I am not having any issues with my current dog ridden household. But I have noticed issues in certain Lots on my rotation.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited February 2021
    Maybe it's more a matter of what lots? A lot of lots (no pun intended) seems buggy.

I play in Snowy Escape and the one starter lot in the "Suburb" (made by James) is perfectly bug free. Both households i have started there have had zero issues with anything.

BUT as soon as I have moved them there has been bugs galore: One family I moved to Lilsimsies big mansion and suddenly I got the "Invaded by all NPCs at all times" * bug.

The other family, after restarting, I moved into Deli's rental (that i made a normal home) and I got BOTH the same bug above AND the dog peeing and pooping inside. Immediately.

* Even with visits turned off, the mascot barges in at all times cooking, and random Sims who are neither neighbors nor friends will just barge in and start cooking.

I think it has something to do with the lots too, it seems to depend on what lot that people are playing. I have not seen the NPCs at all times bug yet but I don't think I have played those lots.

My dogs seems to behave once they are trained.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Dogs in general seem to be buggy at the moment. I've noticed that trained dogs will spin in circles with the pee thought bubble over their heads instead of going outside like they should. They also don't seem to eat their food unless told and sims don't seem to be able to do some of the hugging interactions with small sized dogs without their arms spazzing out all over the place. They are really in need of some fixing.

I've had similar experience with the dog. He only eats and goes potty when he's told to do so and he's a stray that is not house trained at all because of that.