Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited February 2021
    @Karababy52 Also just saw your stuff about Pose Player - the photo will work/be there if you delete the mod after! Also sorry for triple posting lol - I could have totally edited my first comment to you and added this in, but I just woke up and my brain isn't all awake yet :D
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @Karababy52

Molly deserves to relax! And I'm also hoping that the patch will help out with the Onsen, I don't know if it's a bug others have been having but at the same time, I know that there's a lot of bugs with any new pack.

@permanentrose

Oh my goodness, it's all going to come crashing down. I am on the EDGE of my SEAT! I'm really interested in how things are going to go now. Mario and Jules are in a happy space, but how does she explain to him that she had a mission? I think it wasn't fair of Bex to ask her to do that, to be honest.
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Hey, guys, I have a question. I kind of want to switch Jenny's story to an actual story, although I could probably wait until she moves on the 9th. Would that be okay?
    Hey, guys, I have a question. I kind of want to switch Jenny's story to an actual story, although I could probably wait until she moves on the 9th. Would that be okay?

@lilypadmeulin i don’t think that’s a problem at all! I think a lot of us started off kind of how you did - just kind of filling needs and getting in the groove without too much of a story. Even though I started Jules out with a back story and some relatives, it took a while before my updates really started to feel like chapters in a story. I didn’t even write a story for how she met Mario and why she started dating him lol. So I think it’s more than fine to start evolving Jenny’s posts into more of a story and adding things about her past!
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    @Karababy52 Thanks so much ^~^)/ I've never done a playthrough without some kind of commentary, so I thought it'd be a nice change of pace c: I usually don't either, but sometimes I get the urge to try it out and she just looks so adorable! I like to imagine that she's a little fairy that's helping out Astrid hehe I was originally going to include the background in the first post, but since I changed to images only, I had to edit it hehe Thank you again, and thank you for making this challenge!

@permanentrose ooo I need to go back and read your story from day one, #55 has me intrigued! Also, cutest doggo ever <3

@lilypadmeulin Like permanentrose said, I don't think it'd be a problem c: Do whatever you feel comfortable with and what will make you happiest with the playthrough and everything should work out just fine~
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
    @AnnoyingTiger if you click on the link in my signature, it leads to my first post of this challenge and also has links for every post I’ve made. It’s a long story but I’m flattered you’re interested!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member

@lilypadmeulin - That would be wonderful, and you can start anytime you wish. I think all of our stories sort of evolved, and I don't think any of us had a real story to start with. We just struggle along and think up things as we play. Then an idea comes, and we run with it. At least, that is how I was for the most part. I do have an ultimate idea for month 3 when Sakura is in uni, but sometimes things happen in-game, and it gives you other ideas...or there are new packs to try out! hehehe
    edited February 2021
    @AnnoyingTiger - Feb 24th post - Love all those photos, and I can't blame you for taking photos of Pumpkin. That is a cute cat, especially with the hat it is wearing. And Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day!

happy-bday-llama.png
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    February 24
    SwJNn0E.png
    I've been playing for a sim week after having Roxanne join the scouts. She joined on a Sunday evening so hasn't had to go to a meeting. She's already obtained many of the badges. For some reason she decided she didn't want to let go of her meal when I sent her to jog.. she did the whole long jog then ate it when she got back home. I thought it was funny so snapped a picture. At some point Lilith Pleasant dropped by and I thought what a great friend she would be for Roxanne... then found out she had the klepto trait. Double-darn. I don't like letting those sims in my sims houses.
    Judith dropped by earlier in the week and hung out. She didn't look pregnant so of course Archie had to try again! She showed up later that week with a bump! Looks like Archie is gonna be a dad!
    O5uFozs.png
    EboFDBJ.png
    2NudkKa.png
    I'm about to fall out from lack of sleep so I'll post to everyone later or tomorrow :).
    Oh does anyone know if you can leave the scouts once you've gotten all the badges... and still get the faster skilling reward?

egTcBMc.png
    @Hermitgirl - I believe it is a trait that you get when you get the Llamacorn Scout Award. I am hoping that you're able to quit, because that is what I was going to do with Sakura.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    edited February 2021
    @Karababy52
    I am gonna miss Damon!! :'( Indeed great pictures of all of them dancing!! <3
    @AnnoyingTiger
    Happy birthday!! :smiley: Awww great pictures, indeed Pumpkin is a cutie <3
    @permanentrose
    Great that Jules completed the mission... but hugging Jacques.. eeewwwhhh .. LOL :smiley: It's lovely when the invitation goes to Selvadorada or Granite Falls :)
    @Hermitgirl
    Great update! I like the painting of Judith :smiley:
    Yes, melody dropped out at the moment she collected all badges, she still has the trait :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Hermitgirl - I believe it is a trait that you get when you get the Llamacorn Scout Award. I am hoping that you're able to quit, because that is what I was going to do with Sakura.

Yes , you can quit and still keep the trait :)

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited February 2021
    February - Day 24: Walking in a Winter Wonderland

C3kQp0Z.png

Notes
    I2bgLvP.png
    Essa took a long nap and woke up later that afternoon to bright sunbeams shining on her face. It was a beautiful day with clear blue skies so she decided to take a hike around the neighborhood and snap some photos of notable sights. She'd display them on the walls of her new home in Glimmerbrook.

She hadn't braved the rocky waterfall path across the stream since coming here, it looked too slippery to her. Especially now with the ice and snow. But, Essa at least wanted a memory of it. The photo didn't turn out very well, but she'd know what it was.

24XB3FY.png
    Here is the bench where she liked to sit and watch the ducks floating and playing in the stream.

pmvM97k.png
    Someone had built a fierce looking Snowpal in the small park across from the Screaming Llama bar. The pigeon was just a lucky coincidence. It landed there at the exact moment she took the photo.

ZDtadqi.png
    Near where Molly and Damon lived was this curious arrangement of giant pointy rocks. Why they were there was a mystery. Maybe someday she'd find out who had put them there and why.

BbIJeBL.png
    Essa loved this bridge. It looked especially pretty in the Spring and Summer. But it still looked quite nice in Winter too.

yTLNlEt.png
    Last, but not least was the old grain mill with it's water wheel that still faithfully turned despite having been abandoned for decades. She guessed some things just were determined to survive against all odds. Kind of like her! The waterfall was mostly frozen by now. But there was still some water flowing over it.

r9ejmFt.png
    The weather took a turn for the worst so Essa made her way back to the house. By the time she got there, a blizzard was raging in full force. Tomorrow Molly and Damon would come over to celebrate Winterfest with her. She'd had a tree delivered yesterday and hauled out the decoration box that had been in storage.

She got a little sentimental going through and looking at all the decorations she and Josh had used on their tree in Mt. Komorebi. It would've been wonderful if he could be with her for this Winterfest. But he was hundreds of miles away singing with Adam. It comforted her a little knowing that they would definitely be together for the next one.

5BLh3Ke.png
    She got a little goofy, throwing ornaments on the tree in a haphazard way. But thankfully none of them had fallen to smash on the floor. Okay, maybe one did.

145JO60.png
    Essa smiled while hanging a particularly special ornament. It made her think of Josh again since it was his favorite.

v15319a.png
    Finished decorating, Essa wrapped and put the presents she'd purchased for her friends under the tree. Except for one, it was too big. She hoped Damon liked what she'd got for him when she showed it to him tomorrow. The special gift was hidden in the old club hangout room for now. She had something extra special for Molly too and couldn't wait to see her reaction when she opened it.

There was a few other little things she thought they might like under the tree too and a gift for every member of the club. She and Josh had agreed to wait to exchange their gifts until the next time they were together.

frII6g5.png
    Essa set the table for four in hopes that Father Winter would agree to join them for the Grand Meal. Would he recognize her? She hoped so, she certainly remembered him and their little talk last Winterfest. She'd have to remember to tell him he was so right, of course, about everything! All preparations were set and ready to go, except the turkey she'd start roasting in the morning.

gA1hikR.png
    Time to play some video games online with Josh, maybe if she concentrated hard enough she'd be able to beat him again. She'd been studying hard and found some more interesting moves she hoped he'd never seen before like that last time she'd beat him and was rewarded, eventually, with their first kiss. Luck was not on her side this time though, he beat her three games to one. But that was okay, she'd get him next time.

HISrpnu.png
    They had a nice long chat, sending lots of love and hopes for a Happy Winterfest to each other after their little competition was over, and Essa got a little choked up when he said, "Bye Beautiful, I love you, see you soon." He always said that, but it hit her particularly hard on this night. Climbing into bed, she drifted off to sleep with visions of Josh dancing in her head.

I stayed up waaaay too late again, but I didn't want to get into a falling behind rut like before, so here's today's post. It's kind of a filler post, but I still personally like it a lot. I'll reply and comment on all your posts later this afternoon/evening. Have a great day/night everyone! <3
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    @permanentrose Cool, I'll start reading it when I wake up =D

@SoulGal7 Aww, so cute! Thank you so much! #^~^#)

@Hermitgirl Sometimes, a meal is just that good xD

@Ellupelluellu Thank you! <3 You guys are so sweet~

@Karababy52 Gosh, those screenshots are so beautiful, I can't even put it into words. Essa did such a good job on the tree, it looks lovely!
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
    @Hermitgirl
    Nice updates, the paranormal pack is really bringing a lot of fun elements to your game play. Since I don't have that many worlds still, I have to use Newcrest one month, and I think I'm gonna make Jules' lot haunted that month and also have her explore the paranormal investigator career, because Newcrest is so boring. Although I do have a lot of community lots there so maybe it would be fun, but I think the Paranormal pack will give me some direction in my game that month. I love that Judith is pregnant lol. Way to go Archie :D Let us know when you get that pop up that the baby is born haha...wondering what gender she'll have and what the game will name it.

@Karababy52
    Nice club hangout update, very nostalgic though as the end of Essa's time in Windenburg is coming to an end. I do feel like a lot of us are eager to move on though - February went fast but I also feel like the the tail end is dragging a bit, probably because I'm excited for some story ideas that are coming up soon for Jules. You do a really good job of taking photos in your game for Essa to hang up. I always forget to do that for Jules - might start working on that more next month. I'm super excited to explore the small details of Mt. Komorebi. I hope you figure out a way to get your group photo with or without the use of mods/CC. @Skeilah or I could probably make you a CC frame on S4S if you did decide you'd be okay with having one tiny CC package in your game haha. I do think your next best bet would be to install pose player though, use the teleporter, and then have Josh take the picture. I would also recommend finding a good 8 person pose too, since that will make for a nice shot! And then you can delete the mods/CC and pretend like it was never there, but you'll still have a great non CC photo to hang up.

Also very lovely shots of Windenburg in your next post! Lots of details there I've never really noticed, makes me want to go back and explore the scenery a bit more. It's good to have Winterfest come up in your save right now to help pass by these last few days this week in Windenburg (will New Years Eve happen this week too for you?) You've got a nice little gathering planned, and Essa's decorations look lovely!

@AnnoyingTiger
    I really like the idea of you doing visual storytelling! Also nice backstory with the traditions of Astrid's family, I love it! Astrid looks like she's off to a nice start with that cutie, Pumpkin. I really enjoyed using the Sylvan Glade for fishing and collecting, and also just gorgeous screenshots! Glad you have you in the challenge, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Also, if you don't get around to reading my story, because ready 55 of my sometimes long winded posts can be a lot, I can always give you a summary of what's happened in my game so far to kind of catch you up. Let me know!

@SoulGal7
    Very nice of you to include Arvin in your save since he helped you save Sakura <3 I think I've seen that sim before when entering into CAS. I do have to wonder what the rest of his outfit categories look like though HAHA
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    February 25
    pA4eX5s.png

Bryons Diary
    (Rose) “Good work, both of you. We worked very hard to finish everything I wanted to see before the end of this week! I prepared these questions for the both of you to solve by tomorrow. I know, it's a little bit more than usual, but you've been doing great. I know you can do it.”

iXq7f7T.png
    (Naoki) “No, Ms. Douglas! Please don’t do that... I don't think I can do these questions yet...”

AVeCdoa.png
    Rose sits down on her chair again.

(Rose) “I’m sorry, Naoki, but we need to practice this last part before the week is over. I can’t leave stuff untouched”
    (Bryon) “Don't you worry about it, Ms. Douglas. I’m already done with this part, so I’ll make sure that Naoki solves the questions together with me.”
    (Rose) “Oh, thank you!”
    (Naoki) “Argh....”

GYaU16S.png
    (Jess) “We’re done for today so I’ll be heading home. See you guys tomorrow!”
    (Bryon) “Yeah, bye”

seTfnS2.png
    (Rose) “I’m also going home now. Naoki, you know what to do, right?”
    (Naoki) “Yeah....”

VlWZUaU.png
    (Bryon) “Say hello to Beatrix from us!”
    (Rose) “She’ll love hearing that! See you tomorrow!”

WluxMTY.png
    (Naoki) “I can’t wait to head over to Glimmerbrook with the group. These school days are suddenly so long...”

GoJvMbF.png
    (Bryon) “Ah, don’t overreact. They’re just as long as the previous week”
    (Naoki) “But still... I just look forward to travelling once again.”
    (Bryon) “I get that, but Sunday isn’t just going to pop around the corner. You’ll have to get through Thursday, Friday and Saturday first.”

3tuA2OK.png
    (Naoki) “I know... Oh! Jules is calling! Guess she finally saw my text about our plans!”
    (Bryon) “Hey, what about the questions we have to solve..?"
    (Naoki) "We'll do it after this call!"

3o0NEP6.png
    (Bryon) "But your calls with Jules last for hours...."
    (Naoki) "Exactly!! I need a little break!"

dGnOsgB.png
    Naoki picks up the call and well, there's nothing I can really do. Guess we're taking a long break.

(Bryon) "In that case, I'll be upstairs"
    (Naoki) "I'll try to keep it short and then I'll come to you!"

BsUgWNm.png
    We all know that he won't be coming upstairs for the first few hours. Naoki and Jules can't stop talking once they start. This means that I have time for aspiration stuff (until milestone 3 because that one says 'become an adult').

I still have some behind the stuff material ready, but I'm so tired tonight that I'm going to keep that for tomorrow. It's not really 'day-related', so it doesn't matter really when I post it :P
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    @permanentrose
    Thank you for the suggestion and the link. I've looked into that method before, but it seems like a lot to go through for a pixelated painting. It's not for clear photographs. Thanks though! :)

Mission Accomplished! I bet Jules is relieved that is over. However, I do think she had a bit of fun with it. And Mario is certainly reaping the benefits at the moment. Yes, Jules, turn off that earpiece! o.O

If I pursue anything, using S4S to make the photo will probably be the way I'll go at this point. I'm just worried if I do that the photo won't work if I remove the program afterward. Plus, it's a CC package that goes in the Mods folder so I'd have to have Mods turned on too I'm guessing. Any method seems like a lot of hassle for just one or a few photographs though. I'm leaning toward just letting it go and photoshopping for story purposes. I appreciate all the help from everyone though. :)

I figured Essa would want to take some memories with her other than those in her heart and mind to look at now and then. Plus, I just love photography in this game. At some point, I'll get her the Moschino tripod to use. Love all the photography features from that pack. It does feel a bit slow, but so did the end of last month. I'm guessing the end of all the months will feel like that for us. :)

Thanks for the offer about the frame, but as I said above, I doubt I'll go the CC/Mod route. Despite it being a tiny package, I promised myself I wouldn't go down that road again, it's lined with too many lovely rabbit holes to fall into and never emerge to see the light of day again. I barely made it out alive in TS2. :D

Yes, as I wrote for Day 23, Essa is throwing a Farewell party for the club and it'll happen on NYE in game too. ;)

@lilypadmeulin
    There's bugs it seems with every pack and patch. I'm still waiting for gardening to be fixed from way back in June of last year. *sigh* Hopefully though the Onsen situation will be fixed in the patch tomorrow. Have you searched Answers HQ to see if there is a bug report about it? Sometimes in the comment section of those threads, members give temporary workarounds or outright ways to fix the problem. Worth a look anyway.

I don't see why switching to story mode would be a problem at all. If that's what you'd rather do, go for it! :)

@AnnoyingTiger
    You're welcome, hope it's been a good one. Makes sense you'd imagine her as a little fairy familiar. I wish we really did have real fairies in the game. Maybe one day. I'm glad you're enjoying the challenge, makes me smile whenever someone shares they're having fun with it the same as I am. :)

Thanks about the landscape screenshots! Windenburg is so beautiful, my second favorite world. :) She had fun trimming the tree all by herself. First Red/Gold one for me, I usually lean toward the Blue/Green one. :)

@Hermitgirl
    Seems everyone is having their teens join the Scouts. I might have Essa check it out, but probably not. I imagine her as an older teen who wouldn't be interesting in it by now. I've had Sims jog with food before too, or try to do that. I usually make them stop and finish their meal and then send them to jog again. I didn't the first time it happened though, I was too busy laughing. ;)

I'm the same way with Klepto Sims. They are banned from my Sims' homes and if I find out a townie has that trait, buh bye now, buh bye! *click* Hey Archie! Congrats Daddy-to-be! He doesn't look too thrilled about it though. LOL Too bad Dude, that's what you get for not putting a hat on it. ;) Can't wait to see what their child looks like. Oh and I love the painting Roxanne was doing of Judith, looks like it turned out great. :)

@Ellupelluellu
    I'm going to miss that gorgeous vamp too! He'll be in tomorrow's post and Saturday's too. I'm sure he and Molly will visit Essa in Glimmerbrook as well. Plus, I plan to have him be the one to turn Essa once she reaches Forgotten Hollow. There will be an interesting story to go along with that, I hope. If my plans pan out. ;)

@Skeilah
    Poor Naoki, he sure hates school work, that pout was so cute. :D Funny how he managed to skirt by studying with Bryon by calling Jules. Clever boy! :D Wow, way to go Bryon with always having your nose to the aspiration grind stone! At this rate, he's going to have a lot of them filled by the end of the year. :)
    @Karababy52 I knew I read New Years Eve on your posts somewhere and then was looking for it on Day 24 when I replying and when I didn't see it, thought I was going crazy lol so that's why I asked. That's because it was in day 23 haha 🤪
    @Skeilah
    I see you and Bryon are well ready to move to magical place :D

@Karababy52
    So lovely screenies at winterly Windenburg <3 And yes , Melody will be daddy's girl, all the way to the bitter end :)

@permanentrose - No worries, as you know, I miss stuff sometimes too, it happens. :)
    @Ellupelluellu - Thanks! <3 Aww, that's so cool. I look forward to seeing them together again in future posts and watching Daddy Grim spoil his Pumpkin! <3
    @Karababy52 , hehe that will take some time, most likely when she lives at Forgotten Hollow :)

Or.. do I keep killing Paolo :D

@Ellupelluellu Gah! But, but, that's so far away! :'( Yes, keep rubbing out poor Paolo! I need to see that gorgeous hunk of Sim before (had to go look what month) August? *gasp* o.O I'm just kidding of course. I'm sure the way elders seem to drop like flies in this game we'll be seeing dear old Dad before August. ;)
    @Ellupelluellu I agree with @Karababy52 - just keep killing off sims in your save while Melody is around so that daddy can come see his little Pumpkin :D

@Ellupelluellu hehe Glad could give you a laugh. I just love your gorgeous hunky male Sims, as you know, and enjoy seeing them in screenshots! So I get a bit greedy when you introduce a new one and want to see them more. I don't know how you do it, must be a gift, but ALL your Sims are just so darn attractive! I'm envious! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top