Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which one of these is your favorite Sims game?

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Sims 4
    This ones been my favorite since shortly after it's release. I loved the first Sims game when it was out and Sims 2 also. I do feel like I'll be playing this one a lot longer than the first two games after it's wrapped up production though.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    Sims 2
    I have loved them all, but Sims 2 was my first and is still my favorite.
  • TerryKasperTerryKasper Posts: 23 Member
    Other (write a comment which one)
    The Sims Medieval 😢
    TerryCorvus @ Origin ID
    Kasp @ MTS
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sims 4
    I will decide soon. I just started playing the Sims 2 again. I haven't played it in around eleven years so barely remember it. I will vote once my memory is refreshed. I loved it so much back in the day.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    For overall gameplay, 3, then 2. The quirkiness and attention to detail seem to fade a little with every version of the game, which is sad. That said, there was a lot of game in Sims 3. Color Wheel, oh color wheel, I shall never forget you...

As a builder, 4, then 3. As much as I adore that color wheel, I adore resizing and moving rooms more.

In Create-a-Sim, 4 and 3 are so close that I refuse to choose a winner.

Sims 3 did not have the gender options, either for the Sims themselves or for their clothes, there wasn't much variety in body shape (blocky), but you could customize the ever-loving plumbob out of their hair and eye colors, clothing colors and textures. (Denim underwear? Leather? Wicker? Sure!) I could spend hours customizing my Sim's look, then giving them 5 traits for a young adult, plus the two extras I usually got in university. My sims were individuals. I could do the same thing over and over, but it would turn out different every time because the Sims were different.

That said, there were people I couldn't make because of those gender restrictions, and that's a big thing. If it wasn't for this and the building improvements, 3 would be a clear winner, even with blocky potato-sims.

Wrap up my rant with whatever moral you like.

TL/DR: I refuse to choose.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Sims 2
    Creativity tools is where Sims 3 overtakes Sims 4. Sims 4 creativity tools are limiting as one cannot create beyond the static lots, restrictions on what can be placed in what neighborhood, cannot create lots or neighborhoods. I do like the building tools but for me Sims 2 is best but I can say what is best w/o feeling sorry and in those areas I mentioned Sims 3 takes hands down and I never had problem with how my Sims looked for I am more into what the game can do and play. Sims to me is more about artwork and I love gameplay over artwork.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited February 2021
    Sims 4
    My answer is based on which one I like to play the most.

I love TS1 and it has a special place in my heart, but I usually end up grinding magic items or celebrity stars or something and it's much harder to keep my sims happy and I just find it hard to create stories in it, because it's a bit like the same day over and over again with different events, because sims don't have days off from work unless they go on a holiday and the sims don't get older and there are no seasons, but I love the world and the humour it has and the detailed weird items and things that happen.

TS4 is more relaxing to play and I can actually create and play stories in it (though I'd love to see more gameplay options like animations and things to do and sims to have different personalities). TS2 is great too and I probably played it the most, but I don't know... my current playstyle suits better for TS4 and I really like the CAS options.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Sims 2
    Sim's 2 is My fave of the series, I do Luv alot bout the Sim's 4 as well, but I can not use CC or Mod's in My game.
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    Sims 3
    While I love Sims 4, Sims 3 will always be my favorite. I played it for hours even though it had horrible lag on my old computer. I still love the game for all of the different things you could do. Sims 4 is definitely a close second place though, followed by Sims 2 in third.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    But Sims 2 will always have a special place in my heart ❤

I still remember the story when you told us about your son with the burglars in the sims 2 , stealing his sims bed as soon as his sim got out it 🤣🤣, I had the mental image in my head and I couldn't stop laughing lol @elanorbreton
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Sims 4
    Nikkih wrote: »

I still remember the story when you told us about your son with the burglars in the sims 2 , stealing his sims bed as soon as his sim got out it 🤣🤣, I had the mental image in my head and I couldn't stop laughing lol @elanorbreton

Wow, fancy you remembering that! That game did bring me and my kids a lot of joy and laughter. We still tease my eldest all these years later cos he used to send his cat to work in a taxi while his sim lazed around at home and eventually he had his cat taken away from him for neglect :D
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2021
    Nikkih wrote: »

Wow, fancy you remembering that! That game did bring me and my kids a lot of joy and laughter. We still tease my eldest all these years later cos he used to send his cat to work in a taxi while his sim lazed around at home and eventually he had his cat taken away from him for neglect :D

I found it that funny and I always remember who made me laugh 😂, I remember pets had careers in the sims 2, serve him right getting his bed stolen 😂 @elanorbreton
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Sims 2
    Simply iconic. Sims 1 and Sims 2 invented everything we expect of a sims game.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    Sims Bustin' Out for PS2. A spin-off game, but it's near and dear to my heart.
  • GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    Sims 4
    Sims 4. I'm disgusted and also proud.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Sims 2
    My absolute favorite. Still surprised and love to learn new things about it. Ive also never owned all the packs so buying one every now and then makes it exciting! I wish there was an up to date Sims 2. Ts4 graphic in my sims 2? Id give ea allll of my money
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    Sims 4
    I have nothing but nostalgia for Sims 1 and 2 but Sims 4 is my favorite! I can't express how much fun I have just playing with my Sims!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sims 2
    My absolute favorite. Still surprised and love to learn new things about it. Ive also never owned all the packs so buying one every now and then makes it exciting! I wish there was an up to date Sims 2. Ts4 graphic in my sims 2? Id give ea allll of my money
    Been trying. I would love for the Sims 1 and 2 to be playable on Steam. There are a lot of old games I played as a kid coming on Steam and Epic Store. I'm pretty excited about Kingdom Hearts coming on PC.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Sims 2
    Lishacake wrote: »
    Sims Bustin' Out for PS2. A spin-off game, but it's near and dear to my heart.

Yes I would love to see that one but EA/Maxis may strip that version of features. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Sims 2
    The Sims2 will always be my favorite. It had the best overall gameplay out of all of series and was more fun.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Sims 3 & Sims 4 are both my favorite.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Sims 2
    This is almost impossible for me to decide. :D
    Sims 1 for the nostalgia factor. Everything was new and never before experienced! At the time, it was out of this world to me.
    Sims 2 because it took everything the original had and made it 10x better - again making things never seen before.
    Sims 3 because of the open world, better graphics, and the CAS that was improved beyond my expectations.
    Sims 4 has its perks... but this is the first game where I felt like it could be improved with mods.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2021
    Sims 4
    After playing the Sims 2 for a few days and refreshing my memory of it I’ve decided that the Sims 4 is my favourite.

I never really liked the Sims 1 because it lacked natural aging.

I absolutely loved the Sims 2 back in the day and I still enjoy playing it now but not as much as I do the Sims 4.

The Sims 3 I have always struggled to love because it’s never wanted to work well for me no matter what computer I have.

The mobile games have both failed to keep my interest for longer than a few days.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 328 Member
    Sims 3
    I had so much fun with Sims 3.

The open world, the ability to live on boats, time travel, werewolves... it had some really fun features, but I think Sims 4 will catch up and overtake it eventually.
  • puffyamiumi22puffyamiumi22 Posts: 77 Member
    Sims 2
    Sims 2 is probably my favorite one out of the entire franchise. I remember being excited about the life stages on the game as well as playing in different neighborhoods. Other games I enjoyed were Sims:Bustin' Out and Urbz.