Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which one of these is your favorite Sims game?

SuperT259SuperT259 Posts: 22 Member
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Which one of these is your favorite Sims game? 226 votes

The Sims / Sims 1
2%
KennziKaigebevilleCary1213bella_gothEliasVersace 5 votes
Sims 2
30%
auroraael14GoldmoldarSara1010PIcewolfSamadamsPlayerRflong7puffyamiumi22BloodC24AprilDawnimhappyasimbsimStrangerthanDijktafoneAnmirlaIObelleEcho17121Cinebarbarracuda1574bootsguyMindofy 69 votes
Sims 3
28%
CK213Erja888alexspoom13IceyJAlexaiSikoahGraceColorist40Monet11ZhakiraPBreeNillaMeteoraStormAUWoofieSue_D_Nimg01denswanfruitsbasket101dragonfreakalanmichael1goodcakebaker62airotciv54Joppiks 64 votes
Sims 4
30%
GalacticGalalan650111SimburianSusanaLeoteelanorbretonkokoro80simgirl1010cchant86WyrrenrosehrtgirlluthienrisingLizzychicagogreydonnLustianiciasimmietimeBabykittyjadeDoloresGreyOnversertexxx78MarieLove5 68 votes
Sims mobile
0%
SuperT259Ally1567 2 votes
Sims freeplay
0%
renamed250420211402 1 vote
Other (write a comment which one)
7%
TerryKasperphantasmkissTeeSeatroshalomSailorCetiSweetieWright_84SindocatLishacakeCAPTAIN_NXR7Colton147147MareahMonaveilSERVERFRAintothehorizonenetney52BastetErsa_Middleton 17 votes

Comments

• HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Sims 2
    It’s always a toss up between Sims 1 and Sims 2 for me. I loved the gameplay of Sims 1 and felt there was so much to do with the Expansions. Same for Sims 2 but there was so much more to the Sims themselves and the wants/fears system is my favourite.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Sims 2
    Sims 2 was the absolute best. I also enjoyed sims medieval a lot.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Sims 4
    While I may passionately despise many decisions EA has taken with the game, it has slowly (and ironically) become my favorite.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Toss up between 3 and 4. Each has roughly equal numbers of pros and cons, but not in the same things. I played my sims more in 3 due to open world, more incentive to leave the house, and better sim personalities. In 4, I build more. I just wish they’d done foundations different and several other things.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    The Sims / Sims 1
    thank you Will Wright for blessing us with your passion and creativity ❤️
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2021
    Sims 2
    Sims 4 will never be my favorite. :# I have love for Sims 1, 2 and 3. <3
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited February 2021
    Sims 2
    idk even how to explain my choice

basically i keep juggling ts 1 2 and 4 to no end but my need for drama won this time

3 im not fan really it just feels little... bleh.. in general it has some good things but they are buried in the sea of bleh
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    The Sims / Sims 1
    The Sims (1) will always be my favorite, partly due to nostalgia and the quirkiness that the game had. Sims 2 after that, then Sims 4, then 3.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Sims 2
    Sims 2 will always have my heart. <3 Some of the best memories playing that game.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Sims 3
    I don't play it now as much as the Sims 4, but that is only because:

1. I get totally lost in it and can play all day, where as in the Sims 4, I usually can stop at anytime.
    2. There is uber more things to do in the Sims3 than 4. Uber riders, playground equipment, worlds, animals, arcade games, ect.
    3. Sims 4 is easier in CAS, building, and in saving a game than Sims 3 and that with me not being able to stop playing is the number one
    reason I usually play 4 over 3. Really, it's about the only reason.
    4. Sims 3 open world makes me feel in control as does being able to control all my sims and what they do when the sim I'm on is somewhere
    else. Sims4 is a huge stepback from Sims 3 in so many ways. I can't even make my sims run in the Sims4.
    5. Sims 3 infants are awesome and they are just a decor object to some degree in the Sims 4, which really is horrible after this many years.
    Should've never happened, but should've been fixed right after pools.
    6. IRL, I have had major changes in the last 2+ years and that has left me with little time, which should get better by summer and I will probably
    start playing Sims 3 more than Sims 4.
    7. Also, Sims 5 will probably come out in a couple years and if it isn't open world, I probably will wait until it has many games to it and is basically free. I pre-ordered Sims4 to get the cool Tiki stuff and now anyone can get it, so it doesn't pay to pre-order anymore. I also don't think it will have basic things like freed infants, open world, being able to control the whole household whenever you want, ect. Basically, it won't be Sims 3. Sims 4 should've been a Sims 3 with it's improvements and some Sims 1, 2, and other Sim games added to it. So, Sims 5 is like the plague to me. I'm not into Sims 4, except for some improvements, the adoption system, and some worlds(Sulani, the magic realm, then new Snowy world), but I don't want it to end to go on to a Sims 5 with no open world that starts a simmer buying the same old stuff in a different order, but adding nothing in the way of real gameplay. No open world to me is just a Sims 4.1 game and will add zero to my gameplay no matter what the graphics are like. I don't play for graphics as I'm always panned out, so I don't see a bunch of stuff that bugs a bunch of other simmers. Open world or Sims 5 can go bust for me. I'll save my money till it's nearly free.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Sims 4
    I have only played Sims 4, Sims Freeplay, Sims 3 mobile and Sims mobile.
    Mobile Sims are too time consuming and grindy. Sims 3 mobile was just horrible, no wonder it's not even available anymore.
    I've seen enough gameplay videos from the earlier Sims PC games to know that Sims 2 would be my other favorite Sims game if I could've played it, it seems so much fun.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Shout-out for the oddball Sims 3 spin-off, The Sims Medieval, which is a strange hybrid of Simming and a fantasy kingdom sim. It is very much it's own thing, but I love it to bits.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Sims 4
    But Sims 2 will always have a special place in my heart ❤
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Sims 4
    I never played the earlier versions enough to love them as much as I love TS4. I will admit there was a lot to love about TS3 though, the only other version I played. It just never ran that well on my computer so the game would end up crashing before I really got to love a save the way I do with TS4. There's things to complain about for sure, but TS4 runs great on my computer, looks great on my computer, and is super easy to add CC and mods to without easily crashing.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sims 4
    I have loved them all at their time.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Sims 2
    Sims 2 is by far my favorite but I like different things about each of the games. Too bad I can't just have a game with all best features from each sims game.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    Everything.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    Sims 3
    I have played them all. I am endeared to the Sims 3 for its innovation. It is easy to get lost in it and easy and fun to utilize all of its features. There is so much immersion.
    I play both Sims 3 and Sims 4. Sims 4 is its own game. Its just hard to play sometimes because I am so used to the freedoms of the Sims 3.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Sims 3 for:
    Moonlight Falls, Bridgeport, Egypt, Fairies/Genies/Werewolves, Color Swatches/Textures/Wheel, Body Hair, Nails/Claws, Generations, Playable Babies, Cars, Unicorns, Boathouses, Boat Taxi, Heartshape Bed, Bunkbeds & No Anoining Video Phones.

Sims 4 for:
    Windenburg, Sulani, Mt. Komorebi, Glimmerbrook, Forgotten Hollow,
    Aliens/Bonehilda/Guidry the Ghost/Patchy/Mermaids/Spellcasters/Vampires, Skintone Swatches, Traits Cheats, Ladders, Gallery, Build Mode Tools & Hidden Playable Worlds.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Sims 4
    The only other one I played in the series was 3, but that didn't last very long. It didn't grab my interest enough, and I had other games at the that I loved. The only reason I started playing 4 was because it was free and I happened to notice it at a serendipitous time. I was looking for a sim-type game that was more casual and less life-consuming than my then-current one (Elite Dangerous). I've never had any interest whatsoever in playing the older Sims games. Is Sims 4 perfect? No, not even close. But I'm still playing it after a couple of years, so I guess that says something.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sims 2
    Sims 2 is one of my favorite games ever along with Stardew Valley. I think my favorite Sims side game is Sims 2 Castaway Stories. The Urbz had the most fun fashion choices. I really loved playing the Sim Tower and SimCity series too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I can't really choose one at this point in time so I'm going to give it a tie between Sims 2 and Sims 4. They are different enough that I can appreciate both for what they are.

Sims 2 was my favorite for a long time and will always be special, but I haven't played it in years. I kind of want to get it to work on my Windows 10 but at the same time, I don't know if I'll be able to recapture the magic now that I've grown to love some of Sims 4's innovative features.

My perfect Sims game would be a hybrid between those two games.
    #Team Occult
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2021
    I'll need to wait by the end of the sims 4 it's still in development and the rest is finished to make this decision a very fair answer 😂
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sims 2
    Easily Sims 2 I'd still be playing if my old pc that I played it on worked or if they would just put Sims 2 on origin. How I miss a Sims game you could play for hours on end that was more than some pretty stuff to look at.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    It is a tie between 3 and 4. I will say that even though i cant get into sims 2, it will have an honorable mention here because it was my first sims game ever and the start of my being a simmer.