Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Birthday Surprise Will Be..

How big will the surprise be?

The Birthday Surprise Will Be.. 124 votes

An embarassing pathetic tweet
5%
SayoLoirecalaprfyKokoaMilkTS1299llejenanerdfashionCladriah 7 votes
Nothing (A new launch menu, Sparkd 2)
5%
Monet11LizzychicagoRamblineRoseLady_BalloraCelSimsCalico45BookBear 7 votes
Barely anything (A hot tub reskin)
10%
IcewolfColorist40drake_mccartyEcho17121MoonWariorAutumFinvolawormstache999snoepjes1210Loves2draw1812SimKonfettiSimskristaInuMiroLoverNightwalkerArkanis 13 votes
Tiny (1 new asset - like grims guitar)
8%
JeansketchesPegasysKhrisstyneRedShoe7OceancatSERVERFRAAmapola76ClousinatorsMVG181 10 votes
Small (a few assets like with pride month)
43%
IngeJonesmikepapaycikcatmom1987rudy8292alexspoom13IceyJAngel_mixIsb917PinkSugar81greydonnsimmietimeyupptaydevJoybearrBabykittyjadeHarukotyanmrkingvSakuske1annaliese39hobbitmad 54 votes
Moderate (a new gallery feature/ or in-game building tool)
8%
alan650111Simburiansimgirl1010YautjagirlAgustín CornejoTTNsimmer[Deleted User]sarabeth2984KathMHughesMarinuttonenDragonmasterleo 11 votes
Decent (patched in new game play - babies!)
8%
auroraael14aelias24DarcVader1alexis3142AuronoiChieftainabelhinha35GalaxySimsGirlRememberJoyJamesSims528ChocoSulSul 10 votes
Big (a new free pack like holiday pack)
5%
catloverplayermmb_abrbixtersDawnSonleyIVXXXVIAenalaMeowchaFrappe 7 votes
Huge (a new game pack)
0%
Amazing (a new game pack WITH patched in new game play)
4%
crocobaurataffy550mspr1ntChrissy344masatsim 5 votes

Comments

• KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 439 Member
    *Moderate would include hair color sliders
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited February 2021
    I put big but I could be wrong. I'm setting my expectations low. TheSims have been very quite lately.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I think moderate or decent, but not with a building tool or gameplay like babies. Just CAS/BB if I had to guess.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Amazing (a new game pack WITH patched in new game play)
    I hope they finally release those cars.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited February 2021
    I would prefer not to speculate. It's too easy to set yourself up for disappointment by doing that.

But if they don't fix the open stairs bug this month I will probably refuse to buy anything from EA until it's fixed...
    Post edited by logion on
  • mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member
    I honestly think it will be something small, or maybe even tiny. A cute surprise. Especially because they haven't talked about it over the last days...
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    I think it will be a maxis match cc pack in the size of the holiday bundle making it possible for console players to have at least access to these outfits that would normally only be for pc players.... Nothing that affects live mode gameplay just cosmetic changes with a hopefully grande bug list. Would be cool but i wont be dissapointed if its a build by jamesturner.

@logion You're right i try not to think to hard about it and let it flow... but it can be hard not to speculate... What is what is it!!!!!!!!!!
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    given it's a surprise with cc creators it may be a platform to support cc, something like the sims 2 body shop
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    ... and I don't mind. I don't expect any freebies, so I'm never disappointed.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Don't forget it's been done by CC creators, so there most likely won't be any gameplay additions, we're not gonna get any big things like cars or babies or UI overhauls from people who make cc.

It'll most likely just be a collection of maxis match "CC" stuff like new hairstyles and clothing, possibly with a focus on black hairstyles. I'm hoping they'll make good use of the creators involved and get lots of good items for the game as these creators are really talented and have the potential to make some really good stuff.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    edited February 2021
    Delete
    Post edited by PreCiious on
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm trying not to let my imagination run wild. I really want it to be something amazing but knowing EA it's probably not. I hope I'm wrong though.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited February 2021
    I personally am not expecting much from these CC creators. I'm sure whatever it is, it will be nice and appreciated but definitely not game changing. I'm guessing some CAS, hopefully better POC hair. More makeup, fingernails, vitiglio, heterochromia, and body hair would be amazing!
    Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    It's 21, not really that important.
    funny-gifs20.gif

mrkingv wrote: »
    I honestly think it will be something small, or maybe even tiny. A cute surprise. Especially because they haven't talked about it over the last days...

If so that will be disappointing since they have 21 cc creators working with this update.
    Onverser wrote: »
    Don't forget it's been done by CC creators, so there most likely won't be any gameplay additions, we're not gonna get any big things like cars or babies or UI overhauls from people who make cc.

It'll most likely just be a collection of maxis match "CC" stuff like new hairstyles and clothing, possibly with a focus on black hairstyles. I'm hoping they'll make good use of the creators involved and get lots of good items for the game as these creators are really talented and have the potential to make some really good stuff.

So that rules out a heart hottub.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited February 2021
    I'm always hopeful but tend to look on the negative side! I'd love some additions to the building objects, items or terrain tools.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    I actually think when the devs are quiet it means something quite substantial. Just look at what happened with toddlers, for example! That being said, I still think it’s a load of inclusive CAS stuff made by the community which is substantial IMO & desperately needed. I’d love it if they’ve managed to update all the BG hair textures! They are looking so incredibly sad nowadays!
  • GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    edited February 2021
    I think they will redo some base game hair textures and add some new hairs as well, particularly afro and curly hair, and we could potentially have body hair or even a colour wheel if we’re lucky. Knowing the game, there’ll probably be a commemorative t-shirt too 😆.

However, 21 CC creators seems like a lot for just CAS so there will probably be some new BB stuff as well - some likely ones based on popular CC packs are new kitchen and bathroom objects and some new clutter / decorations.

I’m hoping that, as it’s a fairly major anniversary, there will be some smaller new gameplay updates or one or two larger ones. The most likely ones I think could be added based on highly-requested features, surveys, and SimGurus hinting on Twitter, are:

• Babies
    • Maybe some new foods / drinks
    • Story progression for NPC households
    • More traits and aspirations
    • Favourites
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    I forgot about it. Wasn’t there something this Thursday? 🤔
    Anyway. I will let myself be surprised. Big or small doesn’t matter.
    Something interesting? Hopefully.
    Couple of bug fixes? Necessary.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited February 2021
    idk i feel like taking this long for update it should be something for the game

but at the same time i don't think it will have much to do with gameplay

more likely its few items for cas or b/b

and despite 21 creators being mentioned it could still just be

"we asked 21 ppl if this one object looks cool and they were like yeah i guess so we decided this is collaboration cause they make cool stuff"

like idk i guess i just rather expect nothing than get disappointed again

as long as they dont make whole game in alpha textures I'll survive
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    "We're now releasing the patch for Mother's Day. Thank you for your patience!"

Mother's Day is March 14th in the UK.
    I think they will redo some base game hair textures and add some new hairs as well, particularly afro and curly hair, and we could potentially have body hair or even a colour wheel if we’re lucky. Knowing the game, there’ll probably be a commemorative t-shirt too 😆.

However, 21 CC creators seems like a lot for just CAS so there will probably be some new BB stuff as well - some likely ones based on popular CC packs are new kitchen and bathroom objects and some new clutter / decorations.

I’m hoping that, as it’s a fairly major anniversary, there will be some smaller new gameplay updates or one or two larger ones. The most likely ones I think could be added based on highly-requested features, surveys, and SimGurus hinting on Twitter, are:

• Babies
    • Favourites

What about cars?
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member

• Babies
    • Favourites

What about cars?
    Yeah! And R&B station (I know CC creators didn't make music)