Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plant resetting issue

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    gothiclolitaplgothiclolitapl Posts: 94 Member
    quinhobp wrote: »
    I found a way to stop this resetting thing.
    Little Ms Sam has a mod for gardening, this mod has a addon that decrease the water need, weed and infestation.

I edited this addon for my game and turned to zero with sims studio. So, no alarms at 5 am in my garden. No water need, no weed and no infestation. Harvestable are ok. Testing with my money tree. I only need to harvest it and it’s working with no resetting issue anymore (since te three alarms are pointed to zero). The resetting issue is related to one of three alarms (probably weed or infestation).

could you possibly sned a link to it? and like a screenshot on how to edit it to 0?
    Origin ID: blackrosespl
    My tumblr: https://blackrose-p-sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    dirtandprettydirtandpretty Posts: 108 Member
    quinhobp wrote: »
    I found a way to stop this resetting thing.
    Little Ms Sam has a mod for gardening, this mod has a addon that decrease the water need, weed and infestation.

I edited this addon for my game and turned to zero with sims studio. So, no alarms at 5 am in my garden. No water need, no weed and no infestation. Harvestable are ok. Testing with my money tree. I only need to harvest it and it’s working with no resetting issue anymore (since te three alarms are pointed to zero). The resetting issue is related to one of three alarms (probably weed or infestation).

THANK YOU!!! This absolutely works!!! Finally after 3 nights of my garden fully growing, disappearing, then growing again, all before I even have a chance to harvest anything, I can finally stop this bug.

Awesome idea that actually works :)
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    This bug is STILL occuring!! This is absolutely ridiculous!! My friend plays on console and he also has the same bug and he only has base game. I cannot believe this bug is over 2 years old and still not fixed. I am reviving this thread so that EA knows that this bug is STILL happening even as of June 2021......its also a very widespread bug and almost everyone has it across all platforms. There is no excuse for a bug to go on years....especially one as game breaking as this. It literally makes gardening completely unplayable without mods. Luckily Im on PC so I can download mods, but my friend on console had to completely abandon gardening due to this issue.

The bugs are so horrendous in this game that he ended up uninstalling the game off of his Xbox even though it was free with Gamepass.....thats how you know people are fed up.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @Schantal best to complete a bug report, especially your friend on console.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I don't know if it's due to the new update itself or the eco lifestyle pack, but the harvastables in my saves have all reset to a just planted state. Even if I had the plant mature and saved it in a room in my gallery, when placing the room the plants are resetting again. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Please post in the link
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    Btw, LittleMsSam's autonomous gardening does work...yay! But there is a down side, for some reason, "Harvest All" doesn't work with the mod so my sim will harvest each plant separately. :/ Still better than gardening guessing game.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited June 2021
    troshalom wrote: »
    @Schantal best to complete a bug report, especially your friend on console.

We did, but crinrict keeps closing them because they fixed a VERY small part of the bug (just 2 plants) unfortunately by doing that it makes it hard to follow because the 2 or 3 largest bug threads related to this issue (one was 48 pages long) were closed and it now says "fixed" when its really not. In my opinion it was a msitake to close those threads, especially to write FIXED in giant letters because the bug still exists....just because 2 plants were fixed out of the dozens that there are does not mean the bug has been fixed....(I know this isn't ur fault obviously, im just explaining why people are also posting here about it). So many of us have come here to post about it as did the person who originally started this thread, but yes we def did post the bug in the bug page.

Its also helpful to post here because some people don't know that bug page exists as now they have removed the bug page here on the forums and it is now its own site.

Hope all this makes sense lol :)

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I really hope this is fixed before the new cottage pack. It's more than 2 crops doing it for me, and now when I plant, I have to leave the save and reenter because the crops won't bear fruit otherwise. I've been all over EA HQ reporting and "Me too-ing" but they still have a lot to fix.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I really hope this is fixed before the new cottage pack. It's more than 2 crops doing it for me, and now when I plant, I have to leave the save and reenter because the crops won't bear fruit otherwise. I've been all over EA HQ reporting and "Me too-ing" but they still have a lot to fix.

Do you have a link to the bug report thread? I need to "me too" too.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    This bug is STILL occuring!! This is absolutely ridiculous!! My friend plays on console and he also has the same bug and he only has base game. I cannot believe this bug is over 2 years old and still not fixed. I am reviving this thread so that EA knows that this bug is STILL happening even as of June 2021......its also a very widespread bug and almost everyone has it across all platforms. There is no excuse for a bug to go on years....especially one as game breaking as this. It literally makes gardening completely unplayable without mods. Luckily Im on PC so I can download mods, but my friend on console had to completely abandon gardening due to this issue.

The bugs are so horrendous in this game that he ended up uninstalling the game off of his Xbox even though it was free with Gamepass.....thats how you know people are fed up.

Yeah, I’m on PC, but I don’t use mods or cc, but I had a problem with my dragonfruit plants going to newly planted state ( and plants are in a greenhouse ). I haven’t been able to play one of my sims because she depends on gardening her perfect plants to pay her bills. I sure wish they would fix gardening too. I own all the packs and don’t use mods….. so I really depend on the Dev’s to fix these major problems.
  • Options
    PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    I suffer from two gardening bugs:
    NEEDS-SAVES-Plants-are-no-longer-producing-harvestables
    NEEDS-SAVES-In-Season-Plants-revert-to-dirt-piles-Patch-1-681
    Bienchens' gardeningfix mod sorts out the first and I use TestingCheats to laboriously fix the second.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    They're going to have to finally fix the ground gardening before the new pack comes out.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I only have Greenhouses now, anything planted outside even a cowplant will revert back to planted stage after a while. Its very frustrating, but I did find indoor plants in a greenhouse can last forever without any issues, only thing that is a pain is I had to put a robo vacuum in my greenhouse because of dust being enabled LOL
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited June 2021
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    They're going to have to finally fix the ground gardening before the new pack comes out.

Yeah they have to. This bug is making me a bit worried. This is the most recent thread on Answer HQ I think: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-In-Season-Plants-revert-to-dirt-piles-Patch-1-68/td-p/9726151feel free to click "me too" and share if you have any information.
  • Options
    Twinkle_StarTwinkle_Star Posts: 19 Member
    My plants are resetting all the time now. I do not have seasons or mods or CC. This has gone on long enough for me. I do now have some of the other packs but this was happening just in base game. Ive moved my family all over the place and set up new plants and they are still resetting. Every time they need watering, weeding, evolving they reset. Its now rare that i can actually harvest. Im removing all plants and will not be gardening again. Im fed up with reinstalling or resetting files. Im not going to keep trying to fix this myself. Im done with it until they fix it. I wont hold my breath. :( Sorry about the rant.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited October 2021
    I noticed something interesting with regard to this glitch in my game today. For the most part, the plant revert glitch seemed to largely improve for me with the garden patches/fixes that came after the pre-Eco Lifestyle patch. After the purported fixes, occasionally a couple of the plants in my Sim's large garden would still revert to dirt piles, but the majority of the garden would be fine. However, today I added the great soil lot trait & the first day at 7 a.m. after the addition of that trait, almost all of the plants in my Sim's garden once again reverted to dirt piles. I quit without saving & reloaded the save a few times from around 3 a.m. & noticed that if I was on speed 1 when 7 a.m. rolled around again, almost all of the plants reverted to dirt piles, but on speed 2 or 3 at 7 a.m., the garden would be fine. Then, I tried saving my game at around 6:40 a.m. before reloading. This time, I noticed that on speed 1 at 7 a.m., the plants would briefly flash/glitch but they stayed harvestable & at speed 2 or 3 the plants were fine with no noticeable flash/glitch at 7 a.m. I don't know if this data point is helpful to anyone, but I thought I would post it just in case someone might find it useful. Needless to say, I'm going to remove the great soil trait & see if gardening for my Sim goes back to a mostly glitch free experience again.

Edited to add that when I removed the great soil trait, the notable plant flash/glitch at 7 a.m. on speed 1 was gone. So, while I don't think the trait is the sole cause for the revert glitch, I suspect that it is broken.
    Post edited by EternalSunshine on
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Thanks @EternalSunshine for the new information on possible reasons for the reverting (and for the possible solutions to avoid it happening) in the future). I'll have to try and remember that the next time.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    edited October 2021
    It seems to be related to the update, I didn't get EL, but some of the plants, mostly trees, seem to grow back to sprouts overnight, I figured it might have been the time when these plants would usually "spawn" harvestables. I honestly thought it was seasonality issue, that may have not been the case judging by everyone's post here.
    There was once when my sim weeded a plantain tree, it was suddenly reduced to a pile a soil!(as if just planted, again)

PS. If you opt for a dirty workaround, shift clicking the plant with testingcheats on will let you set the growth stage :smile:

I have had plants reverting to dirt piles for a long time, months and months. I’m never quite sure when it’s going to happen so I save often and restart my game ( mine are sheltered in a greenhouse. I haven’t played since before the patch with the new colors for the build base game came out.

@EternalSunshine Thank you, I will have to try removing the trait, and fast forwarding before 7 am, my sim does much of the gardening around that time. I had noticed that much of my reverting had happened before late in the day, but then I was used to gardening around the time they respawn.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top