Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    @JamesSims528 You're a life-saver, thank you so much!
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    How do you deal with stories that you absolutely loved and enjoyed so much being unable to continue because the save file was lost? :( There are two old series I've found on my old blog that I really loved and they were so fun to play through but I've long since lost the save file for them and the sims themselves. I feel so sad over it and I worry about starting over because I worry it won't be as fun as the original.

@AnnoyingTiger This hasn't happened to me per se but what did happen is I made some sort of base save with all new gallery lots for every lot in every world and placed a bunch of townies from the gallery to have some pretty and diverse sims in the backgrounds of my game and interesting lots to visit. I saved this "base save" to my dropbox (as JamesSims described) but of course I can only use it for future stories. I'm now really sad that my old story save doesn't have all these amazing lots and townies and I'm apprehensive of doing it again because it was a lot of work and it won't be as cool. I guess I'll just have to decide what is more important to me - having the new lots/sims in my old save or saving the time/effort needed to update it. I haven't decided yet so we'll see...
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    How do you deal with stories that you absolutely loved and enjoyed so much being unable to continue because the save file was lost? :( There are two old series I've found on my old blog that I really loved and they were so fun to play through but I've long since lost the save file for them and the sims themselves. I feel so sad over it and I worry about starting over because I worry it won't be as fun as the original.

@AnnoyingTiger This hasn't happened to me per se but what did happen is I made some sort of base save with all new gallery lots for every lot in every world and placed a bunch of townies from the gallery to have some pretty and diverse sims in the backgrounds of my game and interesting lots to visit. I saved this "base save" to my dropbox (as JamesSims described) but of course I can only use it for future stories. I'm now really sad that my old story save doesn't have all these amazing lots and townies and I'm apprehensive of doing it again because it was a lot of work and it won't be as cool. I guess I'll just have to decide what is more important to me - having the new lots/sims in my old save or saving the time/effort needed to update it. I haven't decided yet so we'll see...

Ah I can understand that :( I tend to play many saves at once and I'll put a lot of work into the world for one and wish it was that way for the others, but it's so much effort and it takes so much time! By the time you get it set up, you might not even want to play anymore. There's always the option of slowly adding stuff to your old save, right? Just a few bits at a time. It might not be the exact same, but then they will both be unique, you know? =D

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    How's everyone doing today?

I'm good. It was the first day of (virtual) school after our break, but it's been okay. I am trying to remake my simself because he was really bad - and it's not looking much like me at the moment.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member

I need to figure out how to embroidered my 4.4 SimLit chapter -I asked Mom and she told me to use descriptions but I don't think descriptions will help any because you can SEE what colour of the horse is, and what Elizabeth Swanson is wearing. Or even the description of what Elizabeth sees between pictures. I thought of looking at someone else "diary curse" work but I only know of one other SimLit writer who has the diary curse work and that @CitizenErased14's story.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • NoWindowsNoWindows Posts: 162 Member
    edited February 2021
    Yep, I'm almost definitely gonna fail NCC, because Olivia will likely hit elderhood before the rules allow her to have children. Probably should have tried for a career whose daily task I could actually complete... What now?
    Post edited by NoWindows on
    Call me AC1. It won't let me change my name!

Read Watercolor Whimsy here!
    I'm been dancing all day! Since I got my raymeon into a bowl from the pot by myself!!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

I need to figure out how to embroidered my 4.4 SimLit chapter -I asked Mom and she told me to use descriptions but I don't think descriptions will help any because you can SEE what colour of the horse is, and what Elizabeth Swanson is wearing. Or even the description of what Elizabeth sees between pictures. I thought of looking at someone else "diary curse" work but I only know of one other SimLit writer who has the diary curse work and that @CitizenErased14's story.

You could think about other sensory descriptions that aren't visual, specifically those sensory inputs that the character would be attuned to. Some people notice scents, some sounds, some tactile sensations, and so on. And go deep, looking beyond the five senses to more!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    You can also say something about the horse's personality and what it's like interacting with them (based on the poses and horse props you have I guess). Is it friendly, mean, stubborn, skittish, fast, hard-to-control, etc.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Or you could write the whole scene from the horse perspective. 😏 Can horses write diaries too? Maybe this one can. It sure could make for an interesting read.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi

Evening here :smile:. Just had a scare with my laptop. My dad took it apart to look at it and something went wrong so it didn't start up properly :grimace:. Fortunately, after a few restarts, it was fine, so hopefully it will be fine tomorrow :smiley:
    edited February 2021
    CathyTea wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »

You could think about other sensory descriptions that aren't visual, specifically those sensory inputs that the character would be attuned to. Some people notice scents, some sounds, some tactile sensations, and so on. And go deep, looking beyond the five senses to more!

Except I haven't had any experiences with horses except for riding a pony when I was 2-4 years old at a theme park in my province. (After I turned 5 I was "too big" for the pony ride. Mom said I was really upset but I don't remember. I didn't really control the pony. I don't want to focus on just horse-riding but some other stuff to build-up for the next chapter. Like the little brother Julian being a spoiled brat. I did think of the reason for Elizabeth to be in Willow Creek is to pay her respect (condolences?) to her distant Cousin Mave who is her age but is the new Queen of Willow Creek because King Pedro passed away.

oxXdudd.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    Julia Epstein is the focus in today's chapter of Sim 66 and she's probably my favourite played Sim in that world mainly because she screencaps so well. She rarely disappoints in the characterful pose category. Anyway, it's Chapter 86, Reasons To Be Cheerful.

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/

s3dhsWU.png
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    How is everyone today?

awesome. bunkbeds come late march. finally.
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    How is everyone today?

Great, thanks :) Terribly sleep deprived, but it's getting better. Thinking I'd like to write other kinds of stuff as well.
    How are you?

How is everyone today?

awesome. bunkbeds come late march. finally.

That's awesome, are you a top bunk person or bottom bunk person? (I'm a bottom bunk person because I'm scared of heights.)

How is everyone today?

Same as @friendsfan367. Bunk beds finally, and the new items too! As I thought, I got my hopes too high again, but at least the few items we have are good! Looking forward to editing my sims tomorrow and playing with them, as I didn't get to play today because I was updating and watch ing the livestream.
  • CreeativeSimmingCreeativeSimming Posts: 62 Member
    I'm guessing this is the best place to start! Hi I'm Cree! I've been lurking for at least a month. Reading various stories and slowly getting inspired. I've been in my playing out the revised Disney Legacy challenge in my spare time, which got me thinking about writing a legacy story. Then I started my first attempt at a legacy and only got mediocre screenshots (cause my sim had big hair and she always sat in positions or faced in ways that her hair blocked her face more than anything.)
    So I started with a fresh sim (with her hair pulled out of her face) and started from scratch. This time around I'm keeping pretty detailed notes of her days while documenting whatever I can.
    I'm curious what everyone's tips or tricks that they use, cause I'd love to hear them and seek some advice.
    Check out my Simlit: Little Legacy

Banner_small.png

Forum Thread
    @CreeativeSimming Have fun, don't worry about making it perfect for others to read, and enjoy the community. I feel pretty new here and everyone's kind and caring, so don't be afraid to join in. Apart from that, write what you enjoy writing and don't feel the need to write in time for a set schedule.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @CreeativeSimming: oh I get that about sims with big hair + clipping during kissing, selfies, etc. I always keep a mental note of the angle that shows the most face with any given hairstyle. It's a little limiting to always have the camera a little to a sim's left or right but you figure it out.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top