The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If next pack is romance, are you ok with no new world?

123457...Next

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    No, a new world is important
    That would be so nice to have a Heart Shape Hot Tub. Also, they need to bring back the Heart Shape Bed, better Romance Interactions & more Sleepwears. <3
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Yes! Better focus on gameplay
    I think they should introduce an new minor occult called “The Cupid”.

It never grows past the toddler life stage and flies around wearing a shimmering nappy (mosaic would just cover the entire baby) wielding a tiny love bow and arrow.

I was joking with my comment but now that I’m thinking of it, it may be a more interesting way for me to play with toddler things. They’d wreak havoc in the world and if the “love mission” doesn’t go as planned they’d throw a nasty tantrum that would cause a local storm leaving all sims in that area dizzy or freaked and hopeless for romance for 48 sim hours.

They’d inhabit giant tree pods in Sylvan Glades. It would make that world more useful too.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    edited February 2021
    Toz91 wrote: »
    We don't need a romance pack. We've already got a good enough romance system.

Edit: I understand some of you need more romantic actions (I'm not sure I'd use it), but as a fantasy player, I feel we shouldn't focus on just ONE aspect. I really wish they hadn't ruined mermaids with no fully underwater lots and they STILL haven't added werewolves. There aren't any other life-sims like this that I know of and not all of us have the talent to create what we need on our own. I get that some people want farming too, though it's not my thing. Previous Sims games did a great job of catering to everyone. This game still needs to be fleshed out before they move onto the next one.

I just wish EA would focus more on diversity for players rather than creating packs like this that feel more like a gimmick that should naturally be in the game via an update.

I disagree. I have to download mods for more romance stuff. We're 6 years in and we still don't have slowdancing,romantic stargazing,an online dating feature,table proposals,romantic interactions in bed,a chemistry and attraction system,the option to book honeymoons,not enough kiss and cuddle animations etc. I could go on and on but won't. I'd be willing to bet Paralives will have tons of romantic stuff.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    That would be so nice to have a Heart Shape Hot Tub. Also, they need to bring back the Heart Shape Bed, better Romance Interactions & more Sleepwears. <3

Yes to all.
    edited February 2021
    I think they should introduce an new minor occult called “The Cupid”.

It never grows past the toddler life stage and flies around wearing a shimmering nappy (mosaic would just cover the entire baby) wielding a tiny love bow and arrow.

I was joking with my comment but now that I’m thinking of it, it may be a more interesting way for me to play with toddler things. They’d wreak havoc in the world and if the “love mission” doesn’t go as planned they’d throw a nasty tantrum that would cause a local storm leaving all sims in that area dizzy or freaked and hopeless for romance for 48 sim hours.

They’d inhabit giant tree pods in Sylvan Glades. It would make that world more useful too.

I'd love to see the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Matchmaker return as well.

Edit
    It sensored Gyp...?
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    Deleted
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    Someone mentioned that adding new hoods to existing worlds would be a good way to go. And I agree, adding 1 new hood to some old worlds would do it for me - even if it was only to Willow Creek, Newcrest and Oasis Springs, to make it base game related. It should also be budget friendly to EA as the atmosphere is already there. I'd be happy as long as we got a 64x64 lot in each ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    If we knew more about the modders who have been chosen by EA/Maxis we could guess at the improvements the game might get. Some or the best modders might not want to give up theirs if they make more for them on Patreon.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Other (mention in comments)

I get (even if I don't particularly want) better romance actions, and honestly, I want more "frumpy" sleepwear than sexy sleepwear (or at least flowing nightshifts and sleep shirts rather than satin and lace), but we're talking a romance pack so I get that too.

But I'm gonna admit I cringe at the Heart-shaped hot tub and Heart bed. Because stuff like that is Cheesy Romantic to me, not sweet romantic, and Cheesy romantic is why I tend to cringe at Romance in general.
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    They need to work on gameplay. The graphics department are doing their job but the gameplay department...where they at? An expansion should expand. I get it, you want to add things from other packs so that people who weren't interested could experience it this time. That's all great. What's not great is that 80% of the gameplay is reused.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I get (even if I don't particularly want) better romance actions, and honestly, I want more "frumpy" sleepwear than sexy sleepwear (or at least flowing nightshifts and sleep shirts rather than satin and lace), but we're talking a romance pack so I get that too.

But I'm gonna admit I cringe at the Heart-shaped hot tub and Heart bed. Because stuff like that is Cheesy Romantic to me, not sweet romantic, and Cheesy romantic is why I tend to cringe at Romance in general.

These objects could be used to create honeymoon suites if we get hotels so their essential in my opinion.
    They need to work on gameplay. The graphics department are doing their job but the gameplay department...where they at? An expansion should expand. I get it, you want to add things from other packs so that people who weren't interested could experience it this time. That's all great. What's not great is that 80% of the gameplay is reused.

True. If thier going to do a romance pack they need to add new interactions and animations. They added the Kiss In Water Interaction in Island Living so it could be done.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Other (mention in comments)
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

These objects could be used to create honeymoon suites if we get hotels so their essential in my opinion.

Yeah... I still see that as cheezy, and I'd never use it for a honeymoon suite. A regular hot tub like the ones from Perfect Patio Stuff? Sure. A heart-shaped one? Nah. Still cringeworthy. But I wouldn't have to use it, so it's no sweat off my nose if they're included. It's just one (or two) more reason(s) to want something else in the pack as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited February 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on