Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• leochick123leochick123 Posts: 78 Member
    Not sure if it's been said, but I didn't see it. I absolutely HATE having to deal with the social need on my Sims. If I want them to talk to others great, but otherwise I don't think they should HAVE to and especially not as often as usual.
    SLpPUp.png
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    I want horses in TS4 more than anything else.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member
    My unpopular opinion: I hate ghosts. I don't want them in my game. I wish there was a toggle to block them from showing up.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    My unpopular opinion: I hate ghosts. I don't want them in my game. I wish there was a toggle to block them from showing up.

Same here. Well, I don't actually hate them, but I do find them a useless waste of resources. I delete any that I encounter except for a few that make some kind of sense story-wise.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I extremely dislike the Smartphones. My sims constantly play with them even when off-the-grid. I so wish there was a toggle to turn off those d.a.m phones. :s
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    1) The paler skin tones in the game are still severely limited and could use another major update. I get that the update was mainly to address the issues with darker skin tones but I think it was too focused on them solely and that more effort should have been put into the paler options too. I don't tan well in real life and I'm stuck using the same 2-4 tones for my paler sims because most are still too tan even with the lightest setting.
    2) I don't really want a farming pack, or at least not as the main feature. I'd much prefer this to be a "side feature" of a pack centered around a broader topic.
    3) I don't really care about "freed" babies or being able to create them in CAS. I really only play with them if my Sims have an unplanned pregnancy. But I'd be happy if they gave us a few more interactions.
    4) I don't really care about functional cars and don't see the point of adding them since everything is behind a loading screen anyway.
    5) I don't really care much about a generations pack either
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Maybe not entirely unpopular but: I think cars would work fine with the current layouts of the worlds. I don't think the roadless neighborhoods would be a problem. Just tag these lots as 'off-road' and let cars be greyed out in the BB section if you're building there. Also, cars could just vanish at the end of the road like they did in TS2.
  • GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    Windenburg is the most attractive world.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    edited February 2021
    More consequences doesnt always mean the gameplay will be more fun or more interesting. For example, i really disliked the aspiration failure in sims 2 and was glad i did not have to put up with it in the next two games.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    edited February 2021
    I liked invites to parties. Now I don't have a reason to go to ruins in Windenburg.
  • chonk_floofchonk_floof Posts: 36 Member
    Unpopular opinion: vampires have a good concept, but are overrated and slightly irritating.
    Whatever you are doing, always put 100% into it. Unless it's a blood donation.
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    tweedle wrote: »
    The Sims should not be fully open world nor can it handle it, even with today's tech

Completely false.....
    The tech we have now with CPU sporting as many cores as they do it is up to the studio to take advantage of it. The problem with the sims 3 and even 4 is that the game doesn't utilize it properly being it is built on an ancient API. If the sims 5 is built on DX12, which can utilize as many cores as you throw at it to even out the workload, it could be open world AND feature even more advanced AI. People who don't know a thing about this shouldn't spit out such false information.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited February 2021
    Sim's 2 for Me is the best Sim's game in the franchise, I Luv Sim's 4 as well but can not use CC or Mod's in My game.

The order of which Sim's game's I Luv the most>

1. Sim's 2
    2. Sim's 4
    3. Sim's 3
    4. The sim's
    5.Sim's Stories
    6. Medieval Sim's
    7. Sim's online
    8. My Sim's
    9. The Sim's social

Those are My choices for the Franchise. I put Sim's online last cause I never even opened the box to play it, but it is still part of the series, & My Sim's & The Sim's social I have not played either of those as well.
  • MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    I want opportunities back. I miss them so much.

Especially the ones from World Adventures. Those we so much fun! And dude, the Landgraab chateau in champs les sims? THAT WAS THE COOLEST. Different quests each located in different areas of the castle that all reveal an overall mystery? YES PLEASE.

I was throughly dissapointed with Jungle Adventures when there was no story, and no puzzles :( Were the puzzles in WA hard? Nope. Do I still miss them? HECK YEA.
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    I really like the items in the new update. I was pleased with it, as a whole. (I didn't start playing until after they added the hot tub, so I don't have an opinion on that.)
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited February 2021
    This is more about the forums than the game itself, but I hate seeing posts with Insightful and Awesome votes, but no likes. It makes me picture a smile with a huge gap between the two front teeth. I always have to give people likes just to make their posts look less off to me.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    This is more about the forums than the game itself, but I hate seeing posts with Insightful and Awesome votes, but no likes. It makes me picture a smile with a huge gap between the two front teeth. I always have to give people likes just to make their posts look less off to me.

I was torn between whether to give this an awesome or insightful... lol

I do give likes frequently, because some things I'm happy to have seen but if if you give everything an awesome then what do you give the really cool stuff? But I also find a lot of stuff really cool and give out lots of awesomes.

Insightful I try to only use when I actually learn something.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

Every time I see insightful on my replies I assume people don’t like it ever since I read that people use it as a dislike button. :'(
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,775 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

Every time I see insightful on my replies I assume people don’t like it ever since I read that people use it as a dislike button. :'(

Same.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited February 2021

...i just literally hit awesome if i think "thats awesome " or "wow cool" for any reason

and i give insightful if it makes me
    "*rub chin emoticon* hmm interesting"
    or "oooooh i never thought of that and i am mindblown yes this has been very educational" or "hmm another way to view things i guess"

like is for comments that i very much find fun or agree with and like would physically show thumbs up
    but i didn't get yeeted to moon about
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I feel like insightfuls are more special because theyre more rare if that makes sense lol. Ive never considered it a downvote.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

Goodness, no! I use insightful for a post that makes something clearer to me. It is probably my highest mark of honor for a post. If I dislike something, I just pass over it.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    telemwill wrote: »

Goodness, no! I use insightful for a post that makes something clearer to me. It is probably my highest mark of honor for a post. If I dislike something, I just pass over it.

Same here. If someone is using it is a "dislike" they clearly don't know what insightful means. That makes me wonder if anyone should really pay very much attention to that person's opinion.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    telemwill wrote: »

Same here. If someone is using it is a "dislike" they clearly don't know what insightful means. That makes me wonder if anyone should really pay very much attention to that person's opinion.

Agreed. It's probably only like four people who use it that way anyhow.

I wouldn't worry about it and just use it for its actual intended and literal meaning like I always have.
    #Team Occult

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top