Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims team hiring 21 CC creators?! What?

13...Next

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2021
    In think catloverplayer just means they wouldn't go through the effort of updating thousands of animations just for a height slider. I think that's something that would have to be implemented at the start of this game. I would be throughly shocked if we ever got it.

Personally I don't care either way what it is. Because we are going to receive the content they choose to give us regardless of when. The only
    thing I hope is that we don't get a repeat of last anniversary. Simmers dreaming up babies, cars, and everything under the sun and then fly into a twitter outrage when it's something much simpler than they dreamed up.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    They cannot fix it within their budget, so I am with @catloverplayer: They will not add height sliders. I would even bet on that.
    Adding Luumia body hair as official content could be a thing. It is Maxis match and would not look better if EA tried to do it themselves.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    They cannot fix it within their budget, so I am with @catloverplayer: They will not add height sliders. I would even bet on that.
    Adding Luumia body hair as official content could be a thing. It is Maxis match and would not look better if EA tried to do it themselves.

They already added new skins and sliders for make-up. I think they could add height sliders if it meant this addition would allow them to extend the lifespan of the game for another 4-5 years.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    You cannot compare these features at all. Animations are by far the most expensive thing when creating or adding to a game.
    I also doubt TS 4 will get another 4 to 5 years.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    You cannot compare these features at all. Animations are by far the most expensive thing when creating or adding to a game.

I know, but also they are a lot less expensive than putting out a whole new game.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,186 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I know, but also they are a lot less expensive than putting out a whole new game.

Dude this engine can't survive another 5 years.They add the skin tones because of backlash
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member

I'm not saying they add height sliders! What I'm saying is that if they do, they will surely fix the wrong animations. But I think the same ... EA won't take the time to fix them. I don't expect one thing or the other! I hope Maxis surprise me
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    What i don't like about the heigh sliders is that it would only bring more and more restrictions to several lifestages... atm we don't have a lot of animations for children, imagine if there were more stages defined by different heights...
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    So with three(ish) days until this patch drops which CC creators do we think will be involved? Obviously Luumia Sims is because they've pretty much confirmed their involvement. Who do you hope to see? I personally don't use CC in my game but I've heard of a few names e.g. Peacemaker - I really like their slanted roof windows set and would love to see something like that officially in the game. I've always wanted to build a realistic log cabin in Granite Falls!
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    So with three(ish) days until this patch drops which CC creators do we think will be involved? Obviously Luumia Sims is because they've pretty much confirmed their involvement. Who do you hope to see? I personally don't use CC in my game but I've heard of a few names e.g. Peacemaker - I really like their slanted roof windows set and would love to see something like that officially in the game. I've always wanted to build a realistic log cabin in Granite Falls!

mmm I could mention ATS4 (aroundthesims4) that makes excellent content or Ravasheen that is excellent too! After these 2 I could mention several that make my life more pleasant in terms of the game, such as LOTHARIHOE, although I doubt that they will make specific changes in the game as he does. Bienchens makes my life easy too but in a previous comment he said that he was not called. Lumpinou / he's cool but I doubt they'll call him. Who deserves to be called is roBurky since with meaningful stories he did something incredible leveling the emotions! Now in my humble opinion! I don't think they will call anyone to modify the game in what is mechanics rather they will call creators of objects / clothes / skin features / etc ... Maybe if they are lucky they could call srslysims than with their food system I revolutionize gastronomy! although they surely want to get a gastronomic package at some point so calling it would not be profitable for them. And Zerbu! that I manage to modify certain aspects of the game such as that all jobs are active or being able to go to school! although I say again surely they want these ideas for themselves and some pack! but if they recognize this job it would be ideal! There are many really good content creators but the ones that stand out most change mechanics that EA implemented and they try to improve or change them so ... I am inclined that the change will be rather aesthetic
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Fresh Prince since they create custom cars for TS4.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member

Fresh Prince since they create custom cars for TS4.

I remember them! I used to have so many of their cars in TS2 and now I'm looking at their website and crying over the fact I've been waiting for cars since 2014 and we still don't have them for 4!! :cry::confounded::cold_sweat::tired_face::disappointed::cry:
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I think it's better to think that we'll get a few new cas and/or bb items then something that'll change game's mechanics... comparing the occasion with other anniversaries in the past...