Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recommendations for those who have ALL packs?!

Hi,
I went a little crazy and just purchased the rest of everything TS4 has to offer. That being said, I'm now overwhelmed and have tons to learn. This is probably an open ended question but what are some of your favorite packs, stuff packs, expansion packs, activities etc? Also, if you have a kid taken away I noticed you can invite it to the lot. Is there a way to get the kid back? Thoughts on where to proceed to learn one pack at a time?! lol thanks!!!

Comments

• Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Play. Then address things as they come up.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    I love to play with vampires and spellcasters. Maybe start with one of these and try out the super sim challenge where one sim learns all of the skills and finishes all of the aspirations. Create a sim, pick a new aspiration, and let it guide you through the new stuff (the location aspirations are a good place to start).

As for adding a child back, if you've invited them over, try shift-clicking on them. One of the options should be "add to family".
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    It might help to have a look at some of Carl's Sims guides and if you have Eco Lifestyle you might be advised to turn off NAPs in the Options as it might overwhelm you and put you off, with such a large range of new packs installed. You can always turn it back on later.

I love Seasons myself and usually start in Spring with that. Start slowly and don't rush things is my advice! :)

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    I suggest thinking about what sort of gameplay and features you personally like, then start there.

Love the beach? Install Island Living. Want to play with the weather and celebrate holidays? Try Seasons. Into healthy lifestyles? Give Fitness Stuff and Spa Day a shot. Family gameplay up your alley? Parenthood is what you need. Can't bear the idea of playing without a pet cat and/or dog? Then Cats & Dogs is your answer.

Otherwise, you'll just get everyone's personal preferences, which may not be what you like yourself.

That said, have fun with whatever you choose! You cant go wrong as long as you play your way.
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    ShachaaiShachaai Posts: 55 Member
    There's some really good advice here! If you've installed everything at once, I'd go into options and temporarily freeze Fame and switch off the NAPs, as they're a little hard to keep track of when you're trying to focus on everything else all at once.

Past that, I'd just start with making a new sim in CAS, plop them into an apartment in San Myshuno, and maybe take a job in one of your new active careers? That should get you a good start into the new gameplay options available to you, and, as you build up your free days you can take a vacation to explore the other worlds. Obviously, you'll have to find out which parts you enjoy best yourself after that and tailor the rest of your gameplay to suit!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    It's hard to say because there are so many ways to play! Congratulations on getting all packs though I hope you have a blast!! I am a rotational story teller. I like to take full advantage of the household management feature. So I have 5 main families on my favorites in the household management.
    One family I play for the rich vampire lifestyle with butlers, mansions and the photographer career and celebrity system.

Another family I play down in the dumps apocalyptic style with a lot of ecoliving stuff like dumpster diving. And so on. That way I get to experience every type of playstyle according to what I'm in the mood for. And as a story teller their lives all weave together in different ways. I have main character sims and background characters.

Another thing I like to do is give each world a different theme. So every build has to match the theme style. I'm not much of a career player.

Whatever you decide to do have fun!! 🤭🤭🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Maybe playing a rotation with one family of each world and trying to complete the aspirations will give you an overview of the different packs and then you can understand what features you like better... the stories of families in each world are very connected to the pack it came with...
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Do you play rotationally? if so, then that seems like a good way to explore packs. I am actually in a similar situation as you, i bought a few new packs during sales and i just barely started to explore them. What i am doing is playing a few households on rotation and exploring one pack with each one, or you can even explore more than one back using members of the same household. I find this way of playing to be fun. Some aspirations are also good in helping you explore certaing features.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Use the new build items and clothing items to wreak as much havoc as you can
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I decided to start a new save file where I will be playing building up a supersim. I will try to have this sim complete all aspirations so I will focus on all packs at some point. I just have to see what packs don't introduce an aspiration like get to work or dine out and focus on them at a given point, perhaps in combination with a base game aspiration. There are so many packs, I feel I am missing so much they have to offer, that is why I want to tackle them one by one.

I am currently starting with the spellcaster grandparents on mother's side of my planned supersim because I want this Sim to have a strong magic bloodline without cheating them. From fathers side I plan to have her inherit the Sulani mana trait.

As for buying multiple packs at once, I actually try to avoid this. I once got 3 sims 3 EP's at once in a steam sale and found out it was an overload for my playstyle. I like to explore one pack at a time so I know what it has to offer and what parts I want to integrate in everyday gameplay.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited February 2021
    i think easiest way is to add one pack at time

like even if you own all of it doesn't mean you have to download it all at once to your game if its overwhelming

I haven't really explored all of packs i have myself tbh cause i also added few at once

but that means I get to explore all the time so :tongue:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    edited February 2021
    Playing rotationally is awesome, or load your favorite sim or family of sims and play with aging off so you have plenty of time to explore the packs! I downloaded all the lot types from off the Gallery into my world the first go around. My sims go grocery shopping, clothes shopping, own pets, stores and go on vacation all the time. Also Carl's Sims 4 guide is awesome for getting information if you need it. He has a youtube series as well.
    You will also find your gameplay is much more complex now. I prefer playing near vanilla now. I have no CC and the only mods I have are MCCC, Playable pets, and no sick/sad/dirty pet mods
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,083 Member
    edited February 2021
    I did the same thing too and purchased the remaining 8 expansion packs all at once that I've missed out on over the years. I'm considering doing the same for the stuff packs but I don't think I'd purchase all of the stuff packs. Maybe when I get paid next I'll see what to buy.
  • Options
    TealaTeala Posts: 132 Member
    Thanks everyone...
    I play different packs, different families, different ways. At first I thought I'd start with one sim and work on one skill at a time per sim... then I thought I'd work on aspirations... now this morning I was thinking I should probably start with one of the packs I didn't have, and look to see what's new to me. I believe the last one I had before going crazy was Island Living. Here's what I just bought and installed, and yes I installed it all at once... Eco Lifestyle, get famous, (really loving that one) city living, realm of magic, strangerville, vampires, paranormal, tiny living, mochismo, my first pet, laundry day, toddler stuff, fitness stuff, vintage glamour, kids room, perfect patio and luxury party. I'm thinking I'll start with one addition at a time and make notes of things worth playing around with. At the same time of being overwhelmed, I'm amazed and will always love the sims regardless of my age.. lol... I just wish they'd bring back cars! I'm sure I may be asking more questions. Thanks for all of the great suggestions... :)
  • Options
    TealaTeala Posts: 132 Member
    Just thought of a question....
    I know how to know everyone in one world, is it possible to know everyone in all worlds?
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Teala wrote: »
    Just thought of a question....
    I know how to know everyone in one world, is it possible to know everyone in all worlds?

It is, you can travel to all worlds as well.

• Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Teala wrote: »
    Thanks everyone...
    I play different packs, different families, different ways. At first I thought I'd start with one sim and work on one skill at a time per sim... then I thought I'd work on aspirations... now this morning I was thinking I should probably start with one of the packs I didn't have, and look to see what's new to me. I believe the last one I had before going crazy was Island Living. Here's what I just bought and installed, and yes I installed it all at once... Eco Lifestyle, get famous, (really loving that one) city living, realm of magic, strangerville, vampires, paranormal, tiny living, mochismo, my first pet, laundry day, toddler stuff, fitness stuff, vintage glamour, kids room, perfect patio and luxury party. I'm thinking I'll start with one addition at a time and make notes of things worth playing around with. At the same time of being overwhelmed, I'm amazed and will always love the sims regardless of my age.. lol... I just wish they'd bring back cars! I'm sure I may be asking more questions. Thanks for all of the great suggestions... :)

Looks like Snowy Escape is not part of your list, if you do please do not forget to turn-off the life style tick in the gameplay option. I had quite a chaotic game when playing when not deciding a life style suitable for my sims, also Life Style is currently buggy. Lastly disable NPC voting on NAP, easier playing for beginner.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    My favorite packs are: Seasons, University, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, and Island Living. Couldn't play without those. If I had to pick one, it would be Seasons. It brings so much to the game.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I play all packs and I rotate between families and saves. That way I can have my families focus on different things and experience it all. I actually have 7 saves: My main save for my heritage sims; my alternate universe save for all my supernatural and unusual sim stories; my sandbox save for building, testing out builds and sims; my No Cheat save where I turn off all cheating, mods and CC. I have three more for this and that. If you want to know everyone in the world with a cheat, there is a cheat for that. But your sim can visit any venue or home by traveling there. I really like City Living and Get Together for the social aspect of the game.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Use the new build items and clothing items to wreak as much havoc as you can

LOL I love how free you are. That's great. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    Have a look at some of the Challenges you can play - they can help you to find new ways to play with certain packs and use gameplay elements differently.

Personally, I like to do a separate play-through for each new EP / GP so I can spend time investigating all the new features without trying to play with too much at once.
  • Options
    niallsbrowniesniallsbrownies Posts: 32 Member
    I love trying to build up a vet clinic or restaurant's reputation from the ground up. Challenges definitely help.