Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spellcaster Careers

So, for those of you that play Spellcaster Sims, I'm curious to know what sort of job/career have you given them?

Comments

• Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    Writer or freelance artist.
  • Options
    OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member
    I turned Alexander into a spellcaster in my current save, and while he’s still going through university now his plan is to one day be a mechanical engineer and work on robots.
    I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    My spellcasters do the same careers (if any at all) that any other sim would do. The way I play them, being a bit magical doesn't entirely define them, neither does what they do for a living.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I agree with this. ^^^ My spellcasters don't use their powers for any career, rather they use their powers to make life easier. Most of my spellcasters know all the practical spells and potions with just a couple of the untamed and/or mischief spells, just to make life more interesting,

Most of my sims are work from home types, not a big fan of rabbit holes anymore. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I have five spellcasters at the moment. One of them is a paranormal investigator, another a gardener who also has her knitting business, another is a freelance writer, another is a future student and the last of them is currently unemployed. The truth is I struggle to choose a career for a spellcaster. Gardening makes the most sense and paranormal investigator is also a very good option. I wish we had more paranormal careers or ways to use our magic while working. For example I find that using chillio on temperance helps with the paranormal gig. Or using herbio helps with create a garden for the gardening career.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Ha! Yeah, the paranormal investigator career is a fab idea. I don't have paranormal yet, but am thinking of getting it. The paranormal investigator career isn't a rabbit hole is it though? As bshag4lv said, I'm not a fan of rabbit holes either.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    Of the two spellcasters I play the most, one is a scientist and the other is in the social media career trying to get famous (or infamous?) as an internet personality with a bad reputation.

The scientist is focused on practical magic (very useful for repairing all those high tech gadgets when they break down). The social media guy is focused on mischief magic and he livestreams his pranks using the drones from GF.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I like the gardening career from seasons for my spellcasters. I often see them as people who use plants and herbs to brew potions and persue herbalism at the same time.
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Ha! Yeah, the paranormal investigator career is a fab idea. I don't have paranormal yet, but am thinking of getting it. The paranormal investigator career isn't a rabbit hole is it though? As bshag4lv said, I'm not a fan of rabbit holes either.

Paranormal investigator is an active career, like doctor, but freelance.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    For my sims, magic is a tool, not a definition of themselves. I've had spellcaster Doctors, Sims in Black, Engineers, programmers, writers, freelancers, artists... pretty much any career I thought suited their personality. My current spellcaster is a Paranormal Investigator/Archeologist (because there's no official Archeologist career, I can do both.) Her daughter is going into the Acting career once she finishes high school.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I have a spell caster in paranormal leveling up to get a job in the ghost career, they level up quicker than normal Sims.
    Most of my Sims end up being part of the occult, and they usually just get normal jobs, and spend time with their families. Or they just get into hobbies like nifty knitting so they can earn their money that way.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    BookBear wrote: »

Paranormal investigator is an active career, like doctor, but freelance.

Ah, good to know! It sounds to me like that pack is so worth the money for the things you get. Will definitely get it some time in the near future I think. :)
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    I made my main spellcaster into an Astronaut. Granted, the game doesn't acknowledge his magical powers when he's at work, but what a defense a spellcaster with a spaceship could provide (and he usually does at the homefront when Vampires comes to visit). He can cast shock, ice and fire from long range to cause mayhem, mischief magic to turn the alien invaders against each other with hilarious outcomes, then teleport onto their ship and steal it.

It was inevitable that he'd go astray and start working as a smuggler up in space. The authorities haven't caught him yet. No normal cell can hold him. Always liked to combine sci-fi and the arcane.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    DaveJDaveJ Posts: 8 New Member
    So does anyone else have trouble winning duels? It seems to have no relevance your level of magic and seem like u have no control over what u do. Kind of disappointed with that along with all the time wasting my sims does
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I had actor, writer, social media and politician.
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    edited February 2021
    DaveJ wrote: »
    So does anyone else have trouble winning duels? It seems to have no relevance your level of magic and seem like u have no control over what u do. Kind of disappointed with that along with all the time wasting my sims does

There's a thread about this.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17811445#Comment_17811445
    Might be a glitch.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif