Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much are your bills?

This could be for either Sims, Sims 2,Sims 3 or Sims 4. I hope this is a good place to ask this question.
Also, I’m really curious to know other simmers bills when you own a mansion or mansion like house.

Right now my sims currently reside in a mansion and their bills are in the $16,000 for sims 4. In sims 3 I believe their bills for their mansion was between $6,000 to $8,000.
I honestly forgot how much bills are for an average house so I can’t speak for that at the moment 😅😅.

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    My sims live in a little home with 2 bedrooms and 1bath in sulani and they're paying over 2000. But they have expensive fitness machines in the balcony...
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    One of my families have a house worth around 300,000 Simoleons and their bills are now 14,000 Simoleons. It started at 12,000. I don't know why it increased, I never added onto their house. The bills here are way too much. I have to type "motherlode" every three Sim weeks, since only one Sim is earning Simoleons and he does not get even half the bills amount in one week. Another house is worth 150,000 Simoleons and her bills are 2,000 Simoleons. Another house in Sulani are paying 1,500 Simoleons. I would really like to know how the lot tax of the bills are worked out because that is what makes the bills so high and this figure seems quite unbalanced.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • KeitaDarkwolfKeitaDarkwolf Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't understand what is going on with lot taxes anymore. My lot taxes used to be S11,000. Now, having changed absolutely nothing about their house, the lot tax is suddenly S27,000. Well, that's not entirely true. I have the NAP "eco-friendly appliances" running. The NAP inspector kept saying they weren't in compliance and their taxes would be higher. Which, you know, fair enough. So I had my Sims upgrade everything. One would expect them to pay less tax now, yeah? NO! More than twice what they used to pay.

I really don't get it. Is it a bug?
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    I don't understand what is going on with lot taxes anymore. My lot taxes used to be S11,000. Now, having changed absolutely nothing about their house, the lot tax is suddenly S27,000. Well, that's not entirely true. I have the NAP "eco-friendly appliances" running. The NAP inspector kept saying they weren't in compliance and their taxes would be higher. Which, you know, fair enough. So I had my Sims upgrade everything. One would expect them to pay less tax now, yeah? NO! More than twice what they used to pay.

I really don't get it. Is it a bug?

Probably a bug, but maybe the appliances are worth more upgraded? That might increase your lot value, but not by that much.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Bills seem to be much more expensive now, my sims bills are always around 3500
  • DragonmasterleoDragonmasterleo Posts: 294 Member
    teamjen wrote: »
    This could be for either Sims, Sims 2,Sims 3 or Sims 4. I hope this is a good place to ask this question.
    Also, I’m really curious to know other simmers bills when you own a mansion or mansion like house.

Right now my sims currently reside in a mansion and their bills are in the $16,000 for sims 4. In sims 3 I believe their bills for their mansion was between $6,000 to $8,000.
    I honestly forgot how much bills are for an average house so I can’t speak for that at the moment 😅😅.

the bills are more expensive in sims 4 probably because the bills are less frequent
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited February 2021
    One of my families have a house worth around 300,000 Simoleons and their bills are now 14,000 Simoleons. It started at 12,000. I don't know why it increased, I never added onto their house. The bills here are way too much. I have to type "motherlode" every three Sim weeks, since only one Sim is earning Simoleons and he does not get even half the bills amount in one week. Another house is worth 150,000 Simoleons and her bills are 2,000 Simoleons. Another house in Sulani are paying 1,500 Simoleons. I would really like to know how the lot tax of the bills are worked out because that is what makes the bills so high and this figure seems quite unbalanced.

Inflation. And maybe your Sim-Politicos need to pay for their next tropical junket to Salami (oh...sorry, Sulani) for "diplomatic relations". :p
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    My sims bills increased from $5000 to $6000 for their three bedroom house, two bathrooms and a huge swimming pool.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    My sims' lot taxes are in the neighborhood of $12-15,000 for the Markov households, my main family that has spread out through Newcrest.

Of course, they don't pay anything near that. Between eco-friendly bill discount items and the Frugal trait on the adults, they end up paying closer to $4,000 a week, which is peanuts compared to the 5% interest they earn on their vast Scrooge McDuck-sized fortune thanks to the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration. Paying four grand's no big deal when you're passively earning $200,000 or more.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • DaveJDaveJ Posts: 8 New Member
    Mine are a little over 13,000, I've built my house from scratch and it is big. Just for perspective you can fit 4 pre-made sims kitchens in my kitchen. I believe that my bills would be well above 25000 if I didn't have the frugal perk for both my sims. The house is 3 floors with 2 basements, with the grid it is 34 squares wide and 24 squares deep. And not done yet
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    edited March 2021
    I don't recall the exact amount, but I know it's in the six-digits range. Erik Cantrell is a Global Superstar with a wife and six children. So, yeah, it's big. But he also rakes in thousands at a pop, and just recently the interest due him for his investments was in the six figures, too. He has the Frugal Trait, which helps. And since I use SNB & Bills, I set the house tax at 3%. This is what Proposition 13 brought to the California home owners. :)

gOBy8N7.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I noticed a sharp increase in the bills lately. My sims live in a four bedroom house. It used to cost them about $3,500. After one of the patches, I noticed the bills went up to about $9,000. I tossed a few solar panels on the roof, and the bills are around $7,000 now. My sims who live in a smaller house pay around $6,000. The cheapest bills I have are for an apartment in San Myshuno. They pay $1200.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    TS4 i always play, on three of my lots in one of these saves i've had 1.8 million taxes a week on one of my lots (but that is now down to 1.3 million a week), and 750,000 and 800,000 on two other lots.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    My Sims in TS4 had cheap bills. I think the biggest one was when I built the Clue House and it might have been around $1,000. Location matters in TS4 more than in the other games. Property value I guess in what district rather than property size like in TS2 or TS3. It starts out expensive even if you don't have a lot of expensive stuff in a house. In TS2 the largest bills I got were like $800 for a huge mansion like Collinwood but it is filled with custom content and highly decorated rooms and clutter etc. But those bills decrease as things get older. Most of the time my Sims in any of these games don't pay over $200 etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.