Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @SoulGal7
    For Day 20 It's so sweet that Wolfgang has such a crush on Sakura. I like the last of that post too that he'll be there for her but that only one that truly loves you part kind of gives me a creep factor. Then again they are teenagers. The adoring sentiment is .. adorable.

@lilypadmeulin
    For Day 12 Oh do you have tiny living that lot type is so good to have for advancing skills. If you don't have that then are you using the lot traits for Jenny? Good idea for having her make friends at school. I forget to use that one.
    For Day 13 Your post made me Doh! I am not sure why I've been waiting to get a candlemaking station. I was associating it with moving to that world. Der.. At least you gave me an idea of what skill to add next! Yeah the house is coming along great and nice that you sheltered them. It's not a cheat if you can do it in the game! Your couple looks sweet and that kimono looks lovely on Jenny.

@AnnoyingTiger
    Nicely laid out blog!

@Skeilah
    For the 20th Great that Bryon wrote 3 books. How's the money coming in from that? What homeschooling mod do you use also? Love the look on Julian's face when Jess called him brainless.. that's a great shot for that look.
    For the 21st Poor Byron, he's gonna have writers block if he keeps that up!
    Giggling about Brytani Cho being married to Morgan.. would have never seen that coming!
    I guess they magically brought their house over to Glimmerbrook! Looks like Morgan is taking them under his wing. He's my favorite mage there. I might have to makeover the other too.

Good about Roxanne getting mean later, she can mean Isaius to death even! Most of my characters have fleeting relationships in the sims so I doubt there will be any true love happening. If there is I'll probably let you know up front. I'll probably send both Roxanne and Archibald through the serial romantic aspiration.

@Karababy52
    For Day 20 Yahh on finishing the aspiration. The club looks great. I love the way you took pictures of everyone for your sim too! Is that girl with the black hair a witch? I really like the way she looks.
    For Day 21 Uggh Kent is pushy I hope he get's beat up later.. lol. I love the shot of the bat flying in the winter.

@permanentrose
    For Day 51 When are you going to do the Snowy Escape pack in your line up or do you know? I had to turn off lifestyles because we'll have to do so many different things with our sims they'd be flip flopping too much to have lifestyles. I don't like the tension when they can't do what they want. I'm not a fan in this save either.
    That Bjorn reminds me of Daniel Pleasant from Sims 2. He's a randy one!
    For Day 52 I looked at your picture and thought... this should be fun even before opening the spoilers! Love it .. her eyes are up here! Aww poor Hugo he seems so sweet in your story. I can't wait to see how you tie this up.

@GarbonzoBean66
    That's a lot of work, but hope to see you posting here soon!
    Also I'm starting to think Archibald would jump anyone's bones!

@Kanindota Poor River looks red and uncomfortable.. with a nasty rash to boot! Even poor Dirk is uncomfortable. Burning love was funny, good thing you got a sprinkler system!
    Is poor River cursed?
    Great that you are feeling better.. it can be a long haul. Take care of yourself.

egTcBMc.png
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited February 2021
    @Hermitgirl
    To answer your question, I'm doing Snowy Escape next! I don't have Realm of Magic so it makes sense for me to go back and do the world you guys already did so I can try to match up with any many worlds as I can. I think I might turn lifestyles off. I don't think she can maintain the people person one without using clubs, so it's gonna be rough for her to move next month if I don't delete it or disable them haha.

Yeah, it's hard for me and Jules to trick poor Hugo. But it's for the greater good. Maybe eventually Hugo will help take down his dad for all his illegal crimes I haven't bothered to think of the details for lol. Only Bex knows all that ;)

@Karababy52
    Things are getting eventful for Essa again! Love how you are setting up the move. I really don't know much about the spellcaster pack, so I will enjoy watching you all play it next month! Lol Essa has all the boy drooling over her. She only has eye for her Josh though <3 One more month, Essa! You can do it! Also that was a really great shot of the bat flying over the house! Gorgeous! Also your photo of the day is lovely as well. When winter hits, it hits hard haha. In like 4 days, it will be winter in my game, and I started playing a bit of the first day of winter and Jules was hit with a dumping of snow. There's no denying the season change haha

Also to answer your question:
    Looks like the club has a secret handshake eh?

Strangely enough, I don't think that was the secret handshake, since she's done it with Kaori before and it didn't look like that. Kai and Jules just greeted each other with some weird fist bump thing before doing the animation I had commanded her to do. Sort of like how some sims will kiss each other on both cheeks or hug when they first start interacting. I have no idea why any of these things happen and if there's a way to control it

@Skeilah
    Poor sweet Bryon writing himself to exhaustion, but also a cute moment for Naoki to cook for him. This is the perfect time for you to churn out some aspirations before you do the new one next month. You're picking great ones for Bryon too. The behind the scenes stuff is very informative and fun to read as always. You've got a good set up for next month too, just like karababy. Your story telling has been a lot of fun lately and I look forward to seeing all the magical shenanigans next month!

@lilypadmeulin
    I didn't know collecting bees wax is a thing! It must be an interaction from a pack I don't have, as I don't have the option to make candles either. Nice update with Jenny! Her house is coming along, and the festival looked like fun too!

@Kanindota
    Sorry I missed replying to your update yesterday! Nice to see a River update! He's going through a lot with Dirk dying, poor guy. And the definitely seem to get sick more easily when they are stressed or sad. That kiss with charred Luna was sweet and funny too. River is quite the lover with all the ladies haha
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    @Ellupelluellu

Oh my gosh! The update with Greg is just amazing! I can’t believe all of that stuff happened! It was autonomous, right? Sorry, I have to talk about that part first, lmao.

I didn’t notice Bat-Greg until Melody said something. Lol! She was Sooooo mad! And was Malcolm honestly scared of Greg? Or because he was the Grim Reaper?

It’s crazy how Melody chased Greg down and was stamping her foot at him! Oh my God that line
    Greg: "Someone has joined the Drama Club, apparently"
    Lmao! You come up with the Funniest sh… umm stuff ;) I laughed so much, especially since it’s true!

Greg shouldn’t talk, look at the faces he was making! Lol, talk about dramatic, lmao, I see where she gets it from.

The whole update is fantastic. From towel wearing Malcolm to the Grim Reaper using an IPad. :D I never see him, I didn’t know he does that. Very high tech gorgeous Reaper there. :joy:

I’m glad Joey managed to wear an outfit with pants this time :D Because you wouldn’t want to leave out that picture!

Anyway, I just can’t believe how all of that happened! And seriously, what else could be going on besides what you wrote? That has to be what she was saying/doing.

And Malcolm hid, and she kicked the garbage can! Those two! What a crazy couple.

Why did Paulo die?

This is funny!!!
    Melody woke up real early, to use this so small device , again for scouting badge.
    and it’s called a microscope. Lmao

Did Malcolm realize he wouldn’t have a bed when he moved in? :D Oh well, too late now. At least he steals it when she’s not in it.

That’s wild that he was at such a high level in the Drama club! How cool.

Thanks for tagging me :) This is awesome!
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
    February Day 20 and 21 Failed Experiments:
    qOoDiCq.png
    So I like to try things out! When Judith Ward barged into Roxanne's house it opened up an opportunity that I spent like a sim week on. I was able to lock the doors, then when she got uncomfortable she went for a mud bath. After that I locked her into a few rooms upstairs.
    My goal was to get Archibald to get to "know" her. Wink, wink, nod, nod.
    Anyway, long story short Judith won the day. She is one stubborn sim. I know I've gotten to know celebrities by talking in a group in the past so I waited for opportunities. I didn't want to cheat it. He went to eat with her and watch tv with her but nothing worked. She wasn't having any of his skinny pale butt.
    I was laughing when she Bwahaha'd at the cursed flower arrangement too although I didn't get a good shot of that. She didn't smell it though and didn't get the dazed moodlet I had hoped for.
    Archibald did come away with some autographs, selfies, pictures and hugs only but was embarrassed most of the time from rejection.
    I tip my hat to you Judith... well played. Yes, I did let her out of the house safe and sound.

Also I've made three breath of life arrangements so far for the household and sometimes you get nothing from them ... so far when they work they don't reset the sims age to the beginning but seem to give them a number of days back. You can only breath them every 24 hours though. Both Roxanne and Archibald had more than half their age gone so they haven't been selling their souls lately. They are also doing well financially. The next house is picked out, and it's really pricey so they need it.
    Anyway chose the picture for Day 21 here among many:
    kYeVnD1.png
    S6vlrq4.png
    egGRcmT.png
    J4ZZlzm.png
    yKQuUCL.png
    Lol, I got so many more pictures but you get the idea! I'll leave out the picture of Judith wetting herself since she won!

egTcBMc.png
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited February 2021
    @lilypadmeulin
    Believe me, I can't wait either until they're living together again, especially when Essa ages up to a YA. Sooo, much will change when that happens. April will be an exciting month for all of us. I'm excited for Glimmerbrook too, it's such a lovely world and then add the ethereal beauty of the Magic Realm, and it's really something special. Essa's life will change in so many ways while living there. I can't wait! :)

Day 13: Yay for more income from plants, including wax! I'm waiting until Essa's living in Evergreen Harbor to make candles and she'll most likely use soy wax. I love the candles that came with the EL pack, especially the carved ones, so pretty! Yay for a fridge too! That's gotta be a big relief for Jenny and for you! Less traveling for one thing. Aww she and Rohan make such a cute couple, I think Bjorn agrees too! ;) Glad nobody tried to steal her food too and yes, she looks great in the kimono, even with the scowl on her face. :D

Poor Kent didn't have a prayer of a chance. :D He seemed good natured about it though. I'm still keeping my eye on that guy though. He better not try anything or Josh will pound him into next week! LOL

@Skeilah
    Yes, she did! Essa took a big leap of faith in trusting Molly with her secret and she proved to be a true friend. She'll be forever grateful for that. Molly helped give back the love of her life, and that's priceless. They will see each other again and be friends for the rest of their lives. The game said Damon was there, but he wasn't. It was so weird! Hey! That's a fantastic idea! I might have to steal it (if you don't mind?) and have Essa throw a big bash to say farewell to her friends too.

Yup, I love that feature! I usually save it for things that take a long time to upgrade, like electronics and dishwashers because there's a cool down period. I wish they could use it again right away, but oh well. You're welcome! I'm loving all the new things I'm discovering about this game too. That's one reason I started this challenge, because there's a lot I haven't done yet.

He seems very sweet and innocent as is Johnny, so yeah, I think they'd be great friends if they ever meet at some point. I'm glad you'll most likely make it happen. :) Well, I guess mean is a bit too harsh. Maybe prankster would be a better way to describe some of her actions. She's fun! Don't get me wrong, I like her. Knowing she has the snob and genius traits explains a lot! I'm guessing that's why she looks down on those not as smart as she is, and she takes advantage of them. For instance, most people wouldn't agree or put up with being tied up, like Johnny. But he's sweet on her, so he went along with it. Maybe he thought she wanted to get kinky with him. :D

Guessing Bryon's going for the Writing aspiration judging by all the books he's writing. I think they need 20 for one goal. Aww, so sweet of Naoki to make everyone pancakes! He's a good boyfriend. Do you have a height slider mod or is it just the angle of that screenshot? Naoki looks so much taller than Bryon.

Morgyn! Such a handsome Sim, I'd like to hug whoever made them! They did a fantastic job! Love them! Brytani Cho? Uh, not so much. She annoys the heck out of me. Bleh! Oh, so they're childhood friends, that's cool. Very sweet they brought their house to Glimmerbrook, with updates thanks to Brytani. I guess she's not all bad. *shrugs* So excited to see it all go down how they'll finally defeat Isaius! I hope Bryon is ultimately the one to do it!

It's actually an empty lot Essa found in Glimmerbrook. She'll be building her own house there. :) Yeah, looked like Kent isn't going to give up that easily. He better though or he'll feel the wrath of Super Sim Josh! Look out Kent! I like Lorraine. She started out as just a townie vampire the game generated. I gave her a makeover and a new name too. She lives in my custom templates along with two other vampire townies I madeover. :)

@permanentrose
    LOL The expression on Jules face is so funny! Is she cross-eyed? And Hugo, he looks thoroughly shocked someone would be interested in him. hehe Don't get too excited Dude, she's not. Oh darn, uh Hi Beatrix...now go away! :D Good thing she's just a cheerful, clueless child. :) Glad she had fun with Hugo, despite her true devious mission. He's a sweet oaf of a Sim. She will break his heart though and that's unfortunate. Poor guy... Anyway, great post!

Do you have ROM? It's a great pack! I've played it a few times and LOVE it! I'm looking forward to everything that will happen there for Essa. ;) LOL Yeah, Essa has the Beguiling reward trait, so that might have something to do with it, plus a good reputation. Thanks! So easy to get great screenshots in a Windenburg Winter, such a gorgeous world.

Oh, interesting about the fist bump. I don't think I've ever seen that before if not a club secret handshake. I wonder what pack it come from. Now I'm curious. Hmm, Google to the rescue! ;)

@AnnoyingTiger
    Thank you! The Windenburg countryside is so beautiful in Winter, well all Seasons really. It's easy to get some beautiful screenshots there. I love it! :)

@Hermitgirl
    Thanks! It was actually quite easy once I truly focused on finishing it. Well, see I took advantage of a game glitch to increase her friendship with the club members, 'take picture of' and while doing that, I got the idea she wanted the photos to display in the hangout to explain why she wanted them. :) No, Willow's not a witch, but she does look cool in the ROM clothes. Who knows, maybe the game will make her a 'townie' Spellcaster once Essa makes her way to the Magic Realm. That would be cool! HAHA Well, it could happen if Kent ever tries something when Josh is around, he would NOT put up with anybody flirting with his Beautiful. ;) Thanks! I love that screenshot! Very lucky shot, I just happened to pause at just the right time before she disappeared.

Oh my gosh, that is hilarious! Nice try Archibald, but Judith is a very tough nut to crack! I've only had one of my Sims ever succeed in seducing her. But, he was somewhat of a celebrity himself, so maybe that helped. At least Archie got a lot of loot for his efforts. ;) As for choosing a pic of the day, I'd pick the one with Judith standing there in a towel and Archie just sitting there looking defeated. Bravo Judith, you're a real piece of work! I actually love her myself, she infuriates me a lot, but my hat's off to her. She just wants her former glory back is all. ;)
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    February (Sunday): Day 13: Everything Is Fine

bonding-with-the-bees.png
    The day started off warm and overcast and Sakura headed outdoors to survey her garden. Some of the plants had been trampled by the party-goers, but with a little tender loving care, they seemed to perk right up. Sakura was happy about that because the garden was a major source of income.

sakura-tending-garden.png

While she puttered around the garden, Sakura thought about the letter she had written to Kiyoshi last night when she returned home from hanging out with Wolfgang. It had been a really long letter, and she told Kiyoshi all about the party, how someone had done a Livestream and now the Spin Masters had so many DJ bookings. She purposely didn't mention what the Livestream was really about or tell Kiyoshi about the party crashers. Sakura didn't want Kiyoshi worrying about her while he was at the Olympic Training Camp. Because, after all, everything was fine now, right?

thinking-about-something-sakura.png
    journal-writing.png

Sakura heaved a sigh and repeated that mantra, "everything is fine now..." But was it? Sakura wasn't so sure. She missed Kiyoshi and had written a letter to him everyday and mailed them to the Ito's house to be sent in the courier package to the Olympic Training Camp. When Sakura had left Mt. Komorebi, Mrs. Ito didn't know how often the courier package would be delivered, so it could be that Kiyoshi hadn't even received any of her letters yet. It had almost been two weeks since she had left Mt. Komorebi and she had sent as many letters, but she had not received a single letter from Kiyoshi. She had wondered if Mrs. Ito had received her letters, and had even called Mrs. Ito's cell phone, but the phone just rang once and went straight to voicemail.

KIYOSHI-PLS-HELP-ME.png
    SAD-SAD-SAKURA.png

"I'm sure that Mrs. Ito got those letters, and maybe the courier package was just sent recently. I know that Kiyoshi will write me a letter as soon as he gets mine..." Sakura thought, "And...I am sure he is writing in his journal, just like I am in mine. Of course, in there, I did mention the fire and the party crashers, and it will be something we can talk about when we see each other in person." Sakura smiled at the thought of seeing Kiyoshi again.

hopeful-sakura.png

There was one thing, though, that she hadn't written about in either her letters or the journal...Wolfgang. I mean, seriously, how would your boyfriend react if they knew someone had asked their girlfriend out on a date, and she was still hanging out with the guy? Oh sure, Wolfgang had denied that, but Sakura knew the truth. He had indeed asked her on a date, he just pretended he hadn't. Plus, the fact that Wolfgang belonged to some infamous club and personally knew one of the party crashers? Yeah, it sounded bad. But Wolfgang and Sakura were just friends, and "everything is fine now..."

maybe-the-letters-havent-been-sent-yet.png

Sakura thought back to the morning after the party and seeing Wolfgang in the rocking chair. He had stayed overnight to protect her, in case Rocco came back. Her heart had melted a bit when she saw him, and Sakura just wanted to reach out to him, to kiss him lightly on the forehead, to caress his face, and to touch him gently for caring for her so much. And it's a good thing she hadn't because she knew that if Wolfgang had woken up and given her "that look", that loving look that he gives her, she would not have stopped him for what she was sure would happen next.

And Sakura just wanted these feelings that she had about Wolfgang to STOP, but she couldn't stop them. And even though she had told Wolfgang about Kiyoshi, she was still drawn to Wolfgang, and she didn't understand why. What was wrong with her? She cared deeply about Kiyoshi and Sakura knew that if Kiyoshi had been at that party, it would have been Kiyoshi sitting in that rocking chair protecting her. She had no doubts about that. And Sakura would not have hesitated to reach over and kiss Kiyoshi, and Kiyoshi would have held her in his arms and kissed her ever so gently and made her feel safe.

WHY-WONT-KIYOSHI-WRITE-ME.png

"Oh, Kiyoshi," she thought, "I miss you so much...please write to me and tell me you care about me...that you miss me, too...please help me get through this with you not being here...please Kiyoshi...please just write me and tell me that you love me...because...because you never told me before you left...and I so need you to tell me now..."

WIPING-A-TEAR-AWAY.png

Sakura surveyed her garden and stood strong, "I just have to keep busy...just super busy...and soon Kiyoshi will be with me again... and everything will be fine..." Sakura thought as she wiped a tear from her eye, "Yes, everything will be fine..."
    edited February 2021
    In my game, I celebrate Harvestfest like American Thanksgiving - you know, stuffing everyone too full of food and giving them a good dose of family drama :D

---

Update 53 - Giving Thanks

uclmM7d.png

Notes:
    Today was Harvestfest, and Jules and Mario had a busy day ahead of them as they made the rounds to spend quality time with both of their families.

They started with brunch at Bex's with Jules' family. (Poor Sofia is sad because I forgot that she's a vegetarian but I made her take a serving of breakfast scramble anyway, whoops)
    bQo6osA.png

After brunch, they all hung out for a bit. Bex's lavish mansion is never lacking in fun activities. Mario DJ'ed while Sofia and Dell danced.
    YZ8NgrI.jpg

And Bex congratulated Jules on her success on the mission last night, telling her that she would need to ask Hugo out again the following week unless he made contact sooner.
    bMBDcr6.png

And then Jules, always the animal lover, enjoyed some quality Lenny time (of course Sofia and Dell brought him along, in his most handsome sweater :smile:) and with Bex's kitten, Zuzu, who I always forget exists since she is so tiny that she spends 90% of her time lost in the vast mansion :joy:
    kMWv7eN.png
    C5uqxcR.png

Then it was off to Mario's mom's house. Abuela was busy cooking the turkey when they arrived.
    yUeToV0.png

And Elena was setting the table with their fanciest place settings.
    5Wba2nr.png

Mario was noticeably tense (I swear he always has that 'tense from familial stress' moodlet when he's around his family, it works perfectly for my story!), but Jules didn't have a chance to ask him about it before they sat down to eat.

They all spoke of what they were thankful for before serving the meal, and when it was Abuela's turn, she had the most wonderful news to share - the doctor's had been able to treat her illness successfully!

And then dinner was served! But Mario still looked rather upset, even after the good news that his grandmother had just shared...
    lM5f9sq.jpg

"Mario, is something wrong?" his mother asked, a mild tone of irritation in her voice.
    sBAwhLV.png

"I don't want to talk about it," Mario grumbled back at her.
    S2MdtFz.png

"Well if it's bothering you this much, you might as get it off your chest before you ruin our entire dinner," his mother spat back.
    bfcOh74.png

"Fine, you want to know what's bothering me?" Mario's voice was much louder now. "I'm bothered by the fact that I saw you leaving the Bjergsen house the other night. There, are you happy?"
    EvGKiLD.jpg

(Is Jules reacting to the drama or is she nauseous since I stuffed her full of so much food today? :joy:)
    EcSKx2o.png

"How much did you see?" Mario's mom asked meekly.
    7nORevq.png

"Oh, I saw plenty..." Mario glowered at her.
    N3qpDiH.png

And before things got too nasty at the dinner table, the two of them both stomped off to continue their conversation in private.

"Who wants some pie?" Abuela asked after several moments of awkward silence.
    fX32PSK.png

The house was so small that they could all totally hear the screaming match happening in the other room.
    QYjccSG.png

Turkey coma :D
    PJcKfmj.png

In the other room, Mario and his mother's anger was slowly simmering down.

"I'm just worried about you, Mom. I don't want you to get hurt," Mario finally admitted.
    RgfPwrp.png

Lourdes found herself fighting back tears all of a sudden. "I'm going to be okay. The thing I have going on with Bjorn...it's not serious, and I know it's hard for you comprehend that I'm seeing a married man. I'm not proud of it," she admitted, "but I don't want you to worry about me. You're just a kid, and your father and I have already put you through so much with our divorce, and I apologize for that. I promise that everything will be okay."
    VR1vVPJ.png

Mario took in a deep breath, and suddenly, a smile crept to his face.

"What's so funny?" Lourdes inquired, automatically smiling too.

"I was just thinking of that dumb song we always used to sing on Harvestfest when I was a kid, when it was just you, me and dad," he answered.

Lourdes laughed. "I remember that one, the one about the thankful turkeys..."

And then they had a breakthrough moment in their relationship as they reminisced and sang together :)
    OFcQTqb.png

Later that night when they arrived home, Jules checked in with Mario before they headed to bed. "You doing okay?"

"Yeah," he answered, his voice filled with a confidence and happiness she hadn't seen in him in so long. "I think I really am."
    6lLIT8M.png
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    edited February 2021
    February - Day 22: "The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow."

1Q6vJRW.png

Notes
    DcKsiQb.png
    On Thursday, Essa received a text from the Glimmerbrook Real Estate Agency with an appointment to meet a Caroline Albright Saturday afternoon for a showing of the lot she was interested in checking out.
    (Cool!)

OcFMGb1.png
    "Caroline Albright?"
    "That's correct dear, at your service!"

oVTBAyc.png
    "And you must be Essa Ellington, am I right?"
    "You got it!"
    "Welcome to Glimmerbrook Essa! I think you're going to like what you see!"

XX2nclx.png
    "Isn't it just positively glorious!?"
    "I do love all the evergreen trees. It looks so secluded and peaceful here. It's so quiet...mostly."

7ri3Wjr.png
    "Here's the pond you spoke about on the phone that caught your interest. As I told you then, it's filled with a wide variety of fish, including salmon, angelfish, trout, catfish and more! It empties into a stream surrounding the property and beyond."
    "Beautiful! Are boats allowed?"
    "I have not seen a boat on it in many years, there's really no access for one, except that ancient dock over there. I wouldn't trust it to hold your weight though. However, there's a few spots along the stream with fishing access."
    "I see."

TlYQjeN.png
    "Where does the trail go?"
    "Well, that depends."
    "Depends on what?"
    "What you're looking for and if you're worthy to find it."
    "Some will find a dead end with nothing but broken dreams."
    "Others will find a..."

zpIp7G7.png
    "Portal to the Magic Realm."
    "Why yes, how did you know?"
    "Ah, I see, so you've come to study the craft?"

"That wasn't my intention, no. I just heard about this place from an interesting man who said his name was Simeon. I didn't believe Glimmerbrook was real, until I saw the photos online."
    "Simeon Silversweater? Did he tell you what he is?"
    "...yes...by the way, what's that sound? It sounds like a musical, hum, or like something vibrating." Essa asked distracted with the soft notes humming in the distance.
    "It's the portal dear, it's calling to you. I can't hear it myself, but my wife can."
    "Would you like to go see it?"

"Yes...no...I...don't know. I...think I'll wait until...later. If I come back."
    "That's fine, I understand. Would you like to see the stream? It's just over there."
    "Alright."

XGwN7K5.png
    Standing on the shore of the stream, Essa could still hear the Portal. It felt like it was...pulling her, filling her and making her entire body vibrate now. She should be alarmed, but...she wasn't, it felt...like...she didn't know what it felt like. But Essa knew she had to live here. It felt right, like she belonged here or something.

bBBfFyZ.png
    "I'll take it!"
    "You will?! Oh my, that's excellent! I'll draw up the paperwork tonight and give you a call to set-up a date for the closing. Oh this is so exciting!"
    "Come on, there's something we need to do to make the sale official."

"Uh, okay, what are we doing...oh..."

ac3nxVa.png
    Caroline took Essa's hand, led her into the stream and hugged her.
    (Okaaay, well this is weird. But hugs are nice, so it's cool...I guess)
    "I'm so happy and excited for you! I think you'll be very happy living here."
    "Thanks, I'm excited too. It's my first place all my own."
    "Is that so? Well now, that just makes it even more exciting...and magical!" Caroline said with a wink.
    "Would it be alright if I took some photos, so I can show my boyfriend?"
    "I don't see why not dear."
    "Thank you so much."
    "You're welcome. I'll be in touch very soon."

uG77Yo4.png
    Essa quickly walked around and took a few snapshots with her cell of the lot and surrounding area, trying very hard to ignore the pull of the trail and what lay beyond. She saw someone emerge from it, but didn't really pay any more attention to them.

L3RGJt6.png
    Looking back toward the stream, she noticed Caroline was still standing in there for some reason.
    (Isn't she cold? Shouldn't her feet be frozen by now? What an odd lady. Very sweet though.)

Gb1rAY4.png
    *She is protected by her wife young Lady. Try to have an open mind.*
    Essa heard...whoever was walking by her say this, but their mouth hadn't moved.
    (So now I can read minds? What the...?)
    (Wait...those eyes, could she be the one Simeon spoke of a few days ago?)
    The person stopped, and backtracked a few steps to stand in front of Essa.

5sr7EOI.png
    "Would your name happen to be Essa?"
    Essa's eyes widened in amazement, round as saucers.
    (How'd they know?)

35wRXwn.png
    "Yes, but, how did you know?"
    "Simeon told me about you. The two of you spoke at the Screaming Llama if my memory serves, correct?"

Hpbny6S.png
    "That's right, and you are?"

1fHPGEb.png
    "Morgyn Ember, Sage of Untamed Magic at your service Essa."
    (There's two Sages?)
    "Actually, we are three. Once you've settled in, come visit us. We've been waiting for you."
    "Don't try to resist the magic you were born to know. The portal can be very persistent."
    "Welcome home, I will be more than happy to assist you when you're ready. But now I need to attend to another matter...Beautiful."

(Oh. My. God!)
    *No, I'm not a God, but thanks for the compliment.*
    "Stop that!"
    *Very well, I mean*
    "Very well, see you soon Essa!" Morgyn called over a shoulder with a cheeky smirk before disappearing in a burst of sparkles right before her eyes.

XkExLIs.png
    (OH MY GOD! Josh, you're not going to believe what I'm about to tell you. But it's all very true, I promise!)
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @Hermitgirl

I do have Tiny Living, but I don't think I managed to sort out how to make the lot like you guys were saying. However, Jenny's lot traits are Homey, Study Spot, and Great Soil. That should help her build her skills relatively easily!

You'll likely need a recycler to get into candlemaking! I only just found that out myself, but you can buy one for your house. I can't wait for Jenny to get into making candles but I'm waiting until she goes to Evergreen Harbor - although I think that's soonish?

@permanentrose

It takes a while to collect, but I'm wondering which pack it was included in if not seasons - Eco Living, maybe? Because the candles and wax for them are a part of the skills in that pack. The festival was a lot of fun, and Jenny and Rohan definitely got to spend some quality time together.

@Karababy52

Ooh, this is exciting, I want to know what you mean by changing in so many ways! But aging up to YA is also exciting, because she and Josh will be living together again, like you said! Essa and Josh's love story has me HOOKED.

I haven't seen all the candles that come with EL, just the dipped ones, but that is a skill I'm going to have Jenny working hard at when she's in Evergreen Harbor. She'll have wax from her bees to help out, and I'll probably need to get a recycler or something similar. The fridge IS a big relief, as is the expanded and sheltered garden, because now she doesn't have to travel as far.

Jenny and Rohan, like Essa and Josh, are only going to move in together once they're YA. They're hanging out a lot on weekends, and once the house is a bit better Rohan can come over as often as he likes, but I don't want to move him in early - he does have residence keys, though.

@SoulGal7

I felt so sad for Sakura in this update. What is going on? Is Mrs. Ito hiding her mail? What's going to happen? I feel so bad for her because she's doing her best to remain faithful but she's not getting anything from the guy who's supposed to be her other half.
    @permanentrose

Oof, caught. Poor Mario, he's definitely having a rough time right now knowing that his mother is Bjorn's affair partner. But bringing it out on Thanksgiving/Harvestfest...I guess drama always happens at that time of year. His little sisters are so cute, though!

I love your updates!

@Karababy52

OOH, this was an exciting update! Essa coming home to the magic was a really fun read, and Morgyn is my favourite Sage so you KNOW I was excited to see them! Essa moving to Glimmerbrook is definitely going to be fun, and I do look forward to her finding out about it all, and Josh's reaction. Also, Caroline is an absolute sweetheart and I hope we see more of her!
    @SoulGal7
    Oh my gosh, what a revelation of a post. Poor Sakura, she's so confused. I think she thinks she has feelings for Wolfgang, but it could just be because she's feeling lonely for Kyoshi and misses him desperately and Wolfgang is being so sweet to her. I figured she knew he wasn't truthful about not really asking her on a date. Sakura is a smart girl, of course she'd know. I feel so bad for her. I wish I could kick Mrs. Ito's butt for what she's doing, it's so wrong and so...well, evil. She's pushing Sakura right into Wolfgang's arms without even knowing, so her plan is working. Well, so far. I don't know...Ugh, this can't be good, not good at all. Everything is NOT fine Sakura. :(

@permanentrose
    Oh dear, well that went down hill quickly. o.O Glad they worked things out though, for now. I don't know if I would've forgiven my Mom that quickly and started singing, but it's the Sims, so, Sims Logic and all that I guess, Right? ;) Great update, loved Jules got to see Lenny and the kitten too, such a tiny little thing! So cute! <3:)

@lilypadmeulin
    I absolutely love them too! It still kills me when they have to be apart. But I think Essa will be very occupied in Glimmerbrook, so that'll help. :) Oh, by changing, I just meant so much will have happened beforehand, then they'll be YAs and be living together, going to Uni, moving again, lots of changes, normal changes. :)

Good luck with the candles! Just a tip, the carved ones take a lonnnnnng time to make, so make sure Jenny's got lots of time, full energy, etc. before she starts to make them. I love the scented ones the most, they have emotional moodlets attached when they're lit. Ah, that makes sense for Jenny and Rohan. Josh did live with Essa for awhile in Mt. Komorebi, but he moved out not too long after they successfully completed the mountain excursion.

That's the main reason I had him move in at first. But once it was clear they loved each other, and couldn't be together, then when Josh had that 'incident' with Whitney, it was time for him to move out. Josh still has residence keys too, but I've locked the doors so he can't get in. I feel bad about it, but I had too. Otherwise he's always there, constantly, and it kind of breaks the immersion, you know? :D I still let him in from time to time though. I can't help it, I love the guy! *blushes*

I love Morgyn too, they are so cute and just yeah... So, when I saw them walking down the trail, I just had to have her talk to them, of course. ;) Playing in Glimmerbrook is going to be SO much fun! I love ROM, one of my favorite packs. Should be a nice ride for Essa, Josh and the Sages too! Especially Simeon. ;) Caroline Albright was a Sim I made for a round of Queenarella's Legacy Bachelor challenge. She didn't do so well though, eliminated in the first round. :D Oh well! It's the first time I've actually played with her for anything. Like a lot of my Sims, she just resides in my custom template saves.
    edited February 2021
    @Hermitgirl
    I love it, Archibald is on the prowl again lol. Fantastic idea to lock Judith in your house for an extended period of time. I don't personally have that pack, but I've seen a lot of Judith so I feel like I know her character, and that stubbornness really suits her, congrats to Judith for not cracking, even when she wet herself :D

@SoulGal7
    Aw, poor Sakura. We all have those days when that's our mantra. She's just a confused teen who's missing her BF but also naturally developing feelings for another sweet boy who is interested in her too. It will be interesting to see how Sakura continues to handle this all. And of course Megumi isn't answering her phone. What a witch....

@Karababy52
    Nice touch with the real estate agent (and she's very cute!) Now that Essa isn't being forcibly removed from her home, you have the luxury to story tell like this, and it's moving along at a nice pace! You really have a nice set up to make next month just naturally flow into her narrative, which is impressive since thus far, Essa's world has not included much of the supernatural/magical. So I'm very impressed with how all of you are getting ROM to fit so seamlessly into your stories! And that comment Simeon made about her mom several updates ago does make me think that Essa has some spellcaster blood running in her veins which is perfect for your story too.

Also funny moment with them standing in the stream. Sims are weird.

HAha, I know, I rushed the stuff with Mario and his mom, but in the end, his mom isn't the married one, and even though it's weird to find out your mom is seeing a married man, I feel like Sofia and Elsa are the ones who would have the right to be super upset, but for Mario and his siblings, at least their mom isn't the one being unfaithful so it makes it a little less awful. Maybe lol. Anyway, Mario just needed a win these days. And, as you said, sim logic won out in the end. Nothing like singing on the holidays to make sims forget about the rest of their troubles :D I have too many loose ends I need to start tying up before this month is over, so there's one I can check off the list for now.
    edited February 2021
    Thank you! It just seemed to make sense since she's been looking for a place to live, and been intrigued by Glimmerbrook ever since Simeon mentioned it. I had fun including Caroline as the real estate agent, it's the first I've played with her thus far. We shall see next week what was meant by that thought Simeon had, but it certainly seems that way eh? ;) Oh gosh, I couldn't believe it when that happened, it was hilarious! All I did was try to get Essa to hug Caroline as a thank you. But I guess the game thought there wasn't enough room standing on the shore, kind of uphill and had them walk to the middle of the stream! Kind of made for a fun narrative anyway. :D

Ohhh, I guess I missed Mario's Mom wasn't married for some reason. Opps! Okay, that's makes a bit more sense he'd get over it a little sooner than later. Even if she is dabbling with a married man, which isn't cool. Gosh I dislike those holiday songs they sing. The only time it really makes sense to me is Winterfest. Otherwise, why?? It's just silly. Especially for something like Neighborhood Brawl Day. :D I'm sure you'll managed to wrap everything up nice and neat with a big snazzy bow! ;)

Headed to get some sleep now y'all, have a fabulous day! *Hugs* <3
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Just want to say already that for my story a lot of behind the scenes stuff is going to happen😂 I think I’m way too invested in this story happening in the background of Bryon’s story, but I also have a lot of fun with it. I’m so sorry (in advance) for spamming you all with all these details.

Ill be commenting on everyone in the evening since Im now working, but just wanted to say this😂
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    @Karababy52 No worries, I have a lot in my story for you to keep up with, so it's totally understandable that you won't remember all the little details, it even takes a lot for me to keep track, and Mario's family is especially dramatic haha. Mario's parents are divorced - his dad lives with his new wife and Mario's stepsister and half-siblings in San Myshuno, and his mom never got remarried, and lives with his grandma and sisters in Windenburg. So the only man in Lourdes' life is Bjorn lol
  • KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    @Ellupelluellu Hubba-hubba to Melody’s dad. I love her parents! It didn’t click with me straight away that Greg was the Grim Reaper but when it did eventually, I was reeling at how you’re going to play it out for Melody and Malcolm. I read someone called the two of them the towel couple and I second that ship name. Also echoing what AlwaysAsking said, Paolo’s death, how, why? XD

@SoulGal7 If fire is a power in the Magic Pack (I really don’t know the names of the EPs haha), then definitely that’s River’s thing. I’m sorry you’ve been having computer problems, I hope it’s sorted out now if not then soon. Also, I did enjoy River’s appearance in Sakura’s adventures and I was rooting for Wolf for a bit and I think that’s telling because I usually end up with the second lead syndrome. Again love how you weave things together! Man Megumi Ito is a piece of work, for doing Sakura and Kiyoshi dirty by hiding letters. I hope Kiyoshi figures it out or at least tries to ring Sakura or something.

@Skeilah - You’re right! Serial romantic, I’m going to see if River is going to get into trouble (is it bad that I hope so) and realise that pursuing “love” in that way isn’t healthy. Also love the drama and plot twists happening in Bryon’s story right now, how you’re intertwining this into next month’s new world. I haven’t played the Magic EP (can’t remember the name :3) so I only know Morgyn Ember from the trailer that I barely remember, but having Brytani Cho as his wife is pretty cool. Was that the game doing it or did you plan that out? So exciting!

@lilypadmeulin Things are taking shape for Jenny. When I did Mt. Komorebi with River, his needs were always on the red and I thought he should get a job to sustain himself but again needs were always on red. It was tough, but I’m glad Jenny and Rohan are doing well together and that she finally got to have her festival food!

@Karababy52 This has been an eventful month for Essa, but I’m really pleased that she’s not in any danger now. Right? She can have a happy life now with Josh, well when he finishes his tour and then it’s smoothsailing. Though a niggling part of me thinks that the danger is lurking in the shadows...hopefully I’m wrong. Kent cracked me up, so awkward and I was just cringing. Hopefully he’s not going to persist and accept what Jules has said. I always love how you frame your photos, and great update on how you introduced Glimmerbook and magic!

@permanentrose Oooof Jules was already pretty but dang girl she’s an absolute stunner in her mission outfit. I feel sorry for Hugo, he does seem like the softer Villareal sibling. I suppose it’s for the greater good, ultimately. I hope that it all works out. I really enjoy the intricacies that everyone here has weaved, really enjoying it. Oooh did not see that coming with Mario’s mum and Bjorn and his wife, I think, Clara right? I foresee more drama and I hope it all works out somehow.

@Hermitgirl I think if I can add more traits to River, based on this game so far, is cursed and highly combustible. The amount of fires he’s been around starting, I don’t even have the Drama mod, is amusing. I need to weave this into the story somehow.
    She wasn’t having any of his skinny pale butt.

I’m howling and crying at how you write this out. I tried to get River to get her autograph or anything and it’s all a big Simon Cowell mood - it’s a NO from me - when River was still in Sulani. So frustrating. Again echoing what’s been said but I honestly love love love how you’re playing this game.
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    February 22
    wSufOJG.png

Bryons Diary
    X1s71SR.png
    Weekend is over, but at least I managed to get closer to completing the bestselling author aspiration. I only have to wait for the last goal to reach 25.000. Yay!

DSRf39N.png
    For now we’re back to homeschooling.

2kHCmcT.png
    Jess and Johnny went upstairs like always.

gpzaCNT.png
    Rose, Naoki and I started studying downstairs in the kitchen.

V5U7ygJ.png
    At least… Until Eliza and Marcus came back home.

uKePchx.png
    (Eliza) “Johnny! Jess! Could you come downstairs for a minute?”

alngQKE.png
    (Eliza) “I'm sorry for calling you all together like this, but I have an announcement to make.”

qUKDYUw.png
    (Bryon) "An announcement? "

S0PAIwt.png
    (lol to Marcus' face)

(Eliza) “Yes, an announcement. A big one. As you know, Marcus and I just came back from a trip to an old friend of mine who’s living in Glimmerbrook. Bryon, Johnny, Naoki. The three of you will attend the academy located close to Glimmerbrook where my friend is working as a teacher. He'll pick you guys up on Sunday.”

aCZCLbG.png
    (Rose) “Oh, so they're going to school again?”
    (Eliza) “Indeed, that’s right. I'm sorry to announce it like this, but this will be your last week as a home teacher here."

lkzZi9m.png
    (Jess) “What?? You gotta be kidding...”
    (Johnny) “We can’t stay here?”
    (Eliza) “I tried searching a solution so that the three of you can move on in life."

bLjXGTw.png
    (Eliza) "I can’t keep you all in here forever, and I don’t want to do that either. You’re all teenagers. You have to enjoy life”
    (Johnny) "But-"

VHVM3Lg.png
    (Rose) “Eliza is right. You should go on adventure now that you can! Oh, I wish I could send Beatrix on such an adventure…”

7mnqYM0.png
    (Bryon) “Beatrix?”
    (Rose) “Oh, sorry! I think I never told anyone about my two daughters: Beatrix and Isla. Beatrix is just a little younger than Johnny. Isla is a toddler.”
    (Naoki) “Ahhhh toddlers! So cute!”
    (Rose) “You love kids?”
    (Naoki) “I do!”

cmNethy.png
    (Bryon) “Eh, sorry to go back to this subject, but ehh, is there something wrong with Beatrix?"
    (Rose) "Heh, no? Why would you think that? She's as healthy as she can be!"
    (Bryon) "... So you could send her on an adventure..."

PZ19S5k.png
    (Rose) “Well, I don’t want to send her on adventure alone…” (she just doesn't want her little girl to be a grownup)

bGHGJtP.png
    (Jess) “I’d also like an adventure… And I bet my twin brother Julian would also be up for it…”
    (Johnny) “We should go together as a big group!”

zVzIr8d.png
    (Eliza) “Oh no, I can’t do that”
    (Johnny) “… Why not?”
    (Eliza) “Well, at least not without asking my friend…”
    (Johnny “Well, call that friend of yours then!!”
    (Eliza) “Like… Now?”
    (Johnny) “Yeah!”

(Eliza) "Rose? What do you think?"
    (Rose) "You mean... For Beatrix?"
    (Eliza) "Yeah. Six teenagers, all to the same school. What do you say?"
    (Rose) "I...."
    (Johnny) "Oh please!!! It'll be fun!!"
    (Rose) "I mean... If she wants to... I guess... It's okay..."

(Everyone) "YEEEEEY!"

00x7J8L.png
    (Eliza) "In that case... Let's call Morgyn"

fKlftHs.png
    (Eliza) “Hey, Morgyn. I have a question. Could it be possible to teach 6 teenagers instead of 3?”
    (Eliza) “Really? Yeah, I’ll tell them. Thank you."

Eliza puts her phone away.

(Eliza) "Well. Congrats. The six of you will all go to the academy."

Behind the scenes
    Somewhere around the same time as in Bryons Diary, but in Glimmerbrook...

0aT9L1v.png
    Morgyn's stepdaughter (and so Brytani's daughter) came home from vacation.

DKH7hlY.png
    And she turns out to be our very own Gabrielle from the G-gang. Surprise!

(Gabrielle) “Hi mom, Morgyn. I’m finally home again from my holiday.”

ePDTHas.png
    (Brytani) “Ah! Welcome back home, my dear. How was it? Did you have fun with the guys?”
    (Gabrielle) “yeah, it was nice.”

0iVooah.png
    (Gabrielle) “I’ll be in my room for a bit, okay? I need to relax for a while.”
    (Morgyn) “You must be tired. Rest a bit, indeed.”

X33IIH4.png
    Once in her room, Gabbie switches into her pajamas and lets out a huge sigh.

(Gabrielle) “Aaargh… It’s so not fair. I also want to be a spellcaster… I know I can be one because mom is one herself.. She just.. Doesn’t want me to learn it for some unknown reason…”

aWoFsYQ.png
    What Gabbie doesn’t know is that Morgyn was about to check on it's stepdaughter and heard her talking to herself.

(Morgyn) “Brytani is a spellaster? She never told me that… And why can’t Gabbie learn to be one? So… Weird…”

BO74Hne.png
    Just as Morgyn wants to knock on the door, their phone started ringing. Eliza. We all know what she called for. But then, after the call, it was time for a little talk with their stepdaughter.

IhumVvh.png
    (Morgyn) “Gabbie? Can I come in?”
    (Gabrielle) “Yeah, sure”

(Morgyn) “I’m sorry, but I heard you talking to yourself earlier…”
    (Gabrielle) “I’m sorry, Morgyn. I should be more quiet. Did mom hear?”
    (Morgyn) “No, she didn’t. She actually just went outside for a last-minute photoshoot close by.”

jF5jk64.png
    (Gabrielle) “Really? Well… In that case... I guess I can tell you... You know… I really want to become a spellcaster, but nobody wants to learn me… Not even mom. Did you know that mom is one? She always says that she ‘hates to be one’ and that ‘I’m forbidden to become one’. It's so annoying really, mostly because she doesn't want to tell me why...”

FwBDShk.png
    (Morgyn) “I didn’t know about any of this, no. She never told me, and I never felt magic in her… Like she’s.. Trying to hide it. But why would she hide such a gift?"
    (Gabrielle) “What do you mean?”
    (Morgyn) “I mean, I’m one of the most powerful spellcasters on earth and I love my gift. But... If she doesn't like being a spellcaster... Why did she marry one of the most powerful ones?"

LK1LGyV.png
    (Gabrielle) “Well, why did you marry mom?”
    (Morgyn) “She’s beautiful, she doesn’t hold back, she’s honest, …”
    (Gabrielle) “Well, that's exactly why my mom married you too. It doesn't matter what you are when you are in love. I know that mom loves you for the person that you are. I can see it in her eyes. You’re great for mom, and you’re a great stepparent for me.”
    (Morgyn) “You’re also a great stepdaughter…”

There’s a little pause, but then the door opens.

dVYJ3Na.png
    (Brytani) “I guess I should just tell my story, shouldn’t I?”
    (Gabrielle) “Mom! How long have you been standing there?”
    (Brytani) "Long enough to hear all those kind words... And basically your entire conversation..."
    (Morgyn) “Brytani…”
    (Brytani) "No, it's okay. I'm indeed a spellcaster from birth, but I stopped calling myself that after... Something terrible happened. I'll tell you the whole story. I know I have to tell you both eventually, so better sooner than later..."

To be continued…
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    @Karababy52

I'm looking forward to having her make all the candles - and Honey Cake! She's not great at cooking yet, but I'm thinking that after she gets a separate bedroom she can get an oven as her next big goal.

Awwww, poor Josh. I really can't wait for them to be together at last.

Realm of Magic is a lot of fun! I really like it too. I look forward to reading your future updates!

@Kanindota

Jenny's needs are starting to balance out at the moment, but I'm not going to have her get a job. For one thing, her garden brings in a good amount of money, and for another, it's less exhausting!
    @Skeilah

Okay, I love the idea of the six teenagers all getting together and having a big adventure! I'm sure Johnny and Julian will get into all kinds of mischief. I also look forward to meeting Rose's daughter.

Gabrielle being Morgyn's stepdaughter was certainly an unexpected twist, though! I wonder if Brytani's story has anything to do with Isaius?
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    Still trying to catch up :)

I will now at least reply at mentions.

And , as usual, I have read all, and awesomed all :)

I'm afraid Melody's life will return to that boring life again, at least for now :p

@SoulGal7 ,
    yes , in save where Melody was originally born, those two indeed were her parents :) So I made it now too. Haha, thanks, I will call them "towel couple" from now :p
    @Karababy52 ,
    You were right, I could not resist to post that picture again :joy: And don't worry about Paolo, he is alive and kicking, Melody did plead, but that didn't fit in my story :D And Malcolm will be fine, eventually :p Haha, I had to make something, and Pumpkin just came to my mind from somewhere :p
    @permanentrose ,
    Oh yes I know , you aren't the only person who has mentioned it, lol, that I have way too many gorillas (muscular dudes) in my game. But only Greg is in purpose :)
    I constantly use MCCC CAS to make their fitness level lower, but as I love running gym clubs (easy points) and now am putting those climbing walls at every gym, it really does not take for long before they are gorillas with boobs again :joy:
    @Hermitgirl ,
    Haha, well I actually only gave Malcolm different hair, skin overlay (smooth) and a little facial hair :p Rock climbing wall did the rest :joy: And yes, now the nursing home at Sulani makes more sense , lol.
    Okay, in save where Melody actually was borned at, I downloaded him from gallery as Grim, and yes, he had Melody with Veera. I do not have that sim anymore, I cloned Greg, and he is just a regular vampire in my library these days :) For this save, I used this mod:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/assign-npcs-47253623 , to make him as Grim. :)
    @lilypadmeulin ,
    Thank you :) Garden might be beautiful, but as it grows it was hard job for Melody to keep it up at every morning, now when there are two, It will be easier :) I randomized Malcolm's skills with MCCC , so he is not a total noob at gardening :)
    @Skeilah ,
    Haha yes, towels everywhere :p Yes Grim is her dad :) With a mod this time, like I said in my reply to Hermitgirl above :) And Paolo is not dead, Melody managed to plead, but that didn't fit in my story :p
    @GarbonzoBean66 ,
    Looking forward to see your updates :) Thank you :) Haha yes, there will be lots of towels now :p
    @AlwaysAsking ,
    About autonomous, yes all but Veera, I did summon her in the lot :)

About why Paolo died? Well .. I kinda killed him :D I was bored of waiting someone to die while Melody is on said lot :D It does not happen often as I have weather effects on sims turned off :D
    Paolo is safe (I know neither of us really care about him, lol) , Melody managed to plead :) It just did not fit in my story :) BUT then I assume I had a bug, as after Greg .. floated.. away from Melody, she had an option to "Yell at Grim Reaper" (or sort of that as I do not have game in English)... so I naturally tried that option and all the angst from Melody came from that :D

And yes you are right, I was amused about facial expressions Greg had :D so yeah.. she learned from the master :D

Malcolm was scared of Greg because he was Grim :)
    @Kanindota ,
    Nice to hear you are feeling better! :)
    They will meet her parents later more, we will see how it goes :) Oh and Paolo, I kind of killed him myself :p I was tired to wait someone to die when Melody and Malcolm are in the same lot :p But Paolo is alive, Melody did plead :) And hehe yes indeed a towel couple :p
    @AnnoyingTiger ,
    Welcome to the challenge :) Nice layout in your blog :)

~~~~~~~~~~

I913S47.jpg
    Melody Connors, (Towel Couple)
    Day 19 (February)

Now.. I let them visit 2 days of every week at vacation destinations, to do those aspirations too :) So this means I may use SM anyway, unless there will be another pack or world before it's turn :)
    wSEsxQ4.jpg
    Melody was up first, she let Malcolm have the bed and slept at the sofa.. why she is still wearing her gym outfit :D She was in better mood, and tried to cook that new dish she learned last night.
    2cwM7nd.jpg
    They didn't talk at all.. but at least the food was good.
    7ZLtHZe.jpg
    Gardening after shower.. they were pretty silent.
    8cpsUYJ.jpg
    Malcolm still wasn't sure what to think.. but he was in bit better mood.. as long as they do not talk about it.. not yet.

Z4Ny5BS.jpg
    This weekend was a perfect for camping trip, something other to think about.
    VYwTfOd.jpg
    Starting to work to fill that aspiration!
    Xh6OM5s.jpg
    p9V1vlu.jpg
    Collecting all wild mysterious plants..
    omyfFrc.jpg
    Cb4njwa.jpg
    Frogs as they will need those later...
    zhWF17w.jpg
    Collecting some butterflies too..
    xBdhZcY.jpg
    And why not some rock digging too. Malcolm, please try, I am trying to give you something else to think, here.
    UUpCoVq.jpg
    Guu952P.jpg
    Learning herbalism by trying to identify the plants.. well they did figure out one :smiley:

ios5yE8.jpg
    Now to that national forest, there was this cabin, with a toilet! YAY, no need to go to that public toilet what is full of flies.
    DkaXF9C.jpg
    Some chess playing..
    iJMbHor.jpg
    7DNy5tC.jpg
    Then outside to collect all they could find from there too :)

vayO2yb.png
    HNlgPzr.png
    Ummm.. okay.. i suppose Melody knows a trick or two to make him to think something else..

BPbQ9yK.jpg
    euLBb3v.jpg
    That made them hungry, I suppose..
    (note to self: remember to make her use something else than chopsticks !!!)

A8lnUmE.jpg
    zUI9xMr.jpg
    Figuring out the plants in sync..
    0M9csth.jpg
    W5F2WpG.jpg
    That obviously helped :smiley:
    5OVmVuA.jpg
    MZRiEaM.jpg
    Rest of the evening was more or less bug hunting..

04RLNnT.jpg
    Roasting some marshmellows..
    KOurkL2.jpg
    hQv0FBl.jpg
    Sweet dreams, towel couple!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Ellupelluellu

Melody and Malcolm are such a cute towel couple!
    February 22
    Okay so this picture is just so you know I'm still playing with Roxanne... really I am.
    irxAqmJ.png

It started with Temperance showing up! All the lights go out and the terror rises. Roxanne was out of the room like a bat out of... well she ran out quick let me tell you.
    In comes Archie with a swagger in his step. Just flash some real muscle, that'll work right?
    5FyRHt5.png
    Get her to agree to give him a nice massage after some sweet talk.
    Archibald forgot the bizarre idol was in the massage room... Oh well. He'll have to work on her another day!
    TgWpjoC.png
    He can say to himself he meant to lure her in to defeat her if anyone asks right?
    T78hYlD.png
    Who walks right in and right upstairs the next day... seriously? (This time she was a roomate's friend)
    LimcvmR.png
    Put a little more logic into getting the girl this time Archie!
    vwSHUhh.png
    Yeah well a victor in the end! (lol... had to try for baby.. will be watching Judith for awhile).
    7E8h1mV.png
    As for what's going on otherwise. Still having Roxanne focus on skills. I wanted her to top logic that's why I thought of the chessboard to get to know Judith but I'm slow that way sometimes. She's also skilling debate and those are some boring skills to take pictures of. Archie is practicing writing in his spare time for his Life as a Cad series, coming to a bookshelf near you!
    Going to reply to posts in a bit. Wanted to get the day's picture in though since I always seem to run late.
    egTcBMc.png
    @Skeilah
    Thank you for explaining who Brytani Cho was to me today. I'm still missing a lot of the big packs haha, so I'm always out of the loop. It was a good twist to make Gabbie her daughter. It really connects all your characters and storylines, and of course I even know a little bit more than everyone else since we are sounding boards for each others ideas :)

Also I love the set up to get the group of teens to come to the academy. Rose is so cute being worried over Beatrix. Very in character for her. I still can't believe I get to see Bea all grown up in your game, I hope it inspires me to actually age her up in my game to give her a chance to actually grow up. Both Rose and I are too sentimental haha. We can't let our little baby grow up. I think the Beatrix will really end up admiring Bryon, since he's so smart and then she'll think it's cool that he's gay like her moms haha. She'll probably annoy him from being so eager and adoring.

@Ellupelluellu
    Lol, the towel couple. Looks like they were wearing less than their towels though on that camping trip ;) I did see you post a Granite Falls photo in the screenshot thread earlier and was wondering why Melody was visiting - that's a fun way to do those worlds. I have a plan to split a month when Jules is an adult, half of it spent on vacation in Granite Falls, and the other half in Selvadorada, since I desperately need worlds but I don't think I could spend an entire month in both of those worlds. You are being extra efficient with aspirations and collecting with two sims to help out - I've definitely had Mario collect things for Jules and then just transferred them to her inventory haha. Controllig two sims can be nice sometimes, especially if they are Malcolm and they actually clean up haha

@Hermitgirl
    Archie's on the prowl again! I romanced Temperance in one of my saves, but I got frustrated and cheated her relationship bars up with my sim because she was always too angry and my sim was always too scared of her to make progress and I was impatient. But I feel like with time and the brave trait and perhaps even some choice flower arrangements, a sim would probably be woo Temperance without any cheats. Also I'm dying over the fact that Archie and Judith tried for a baby - do you have any plans for that kid lol?
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited February 2021
    @lilypadmeulin
    Thank you :) Hih I cannot wait to show you her garden in Glimmerbrook :D

@permanentrose
    Haha yes maybe they were wearing less in that tent :D Yes that is good Idea to have that 2 weeks in each destination :) Hihi I do not allow Malcolm to give anything to melody, she still has to do it all by herself :D So does he! :)

@Hermitgirl
    Lol, I love the characters in your updates :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    Day 14, Month 1

02-22-21_9-53-25_AM.png?width=721&height=577

Today was the weekend in Jenny's game, so she slept in a little later and had the leftover Strawberry Taiyaki for breakfast!

02-22-21_9-35-42_AM.png?width=721&height=577

The spinach plants had really sprouted up overnight, and the garden was pretty much entirely harvestable, so I had her sell everything including honey from the hive. She's really starting to save up funds now, which is really good!

02-22-21_9-36-34_AM.png?width=721&height=577

Also, with some of those funds, I decorated her house a little. Just a dash of paint and a bit of tiling, and the place looks so much prettier! It really made me smile.

02-22-21_9-42-01_AM.png?width=721&height=577

She invited Rohan out to the onsen, as a Saturday date...

02-22-21_9-43-34_AM.png?width=721&height=577

And they had a good time soaking. Unfortunately, the bug I've noticed in the onsen seems to extend to not allowing her to gain the 'completely relaxed' moodlet that she needs for her aspiration. Has anyone else come across this?

02-22-21_9-46-33_AM.png?width=721&height=577

After having enough at the onsen, Jenny braved the perils of the bunny slope!

02-22-21_9-51-06_AM.png?width=721&height=577

Said perils being a frozen and bruised bottom. Ouch. She did complete that step of her aspiration, though! Hurray!

02-22-21_9-52-40_AM.png?width=721&height=577

And, finally, after a long day of soaking to try and again get that moodlet, she went home and went to sleep.

02-22-21_10-01-53_AM.png?width=721&height=577

I'm kind of at a loss as to how and sort out this aspiration thing. She definitely soaked for a good long while! Has anyone come across this before?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top