Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get rid of random object in world? please help

Could someone please help me with this 'cause it's driving me insane,

I've got a random guitar stuck upside down in Willow Creek, not on a lot.

How can I get rid of it? I tried Bienchen's destroy object mod but it isn't working.
Gallery ID: babysquare

Comments

• GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    Are you able to get your sim to play it? If they can, they may place it back in the right position so it can be deleted (or sometimes my sims like to steal random objects into their inventories 😆).
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Are you able to get your sim to play it? If they can, they may place it back in the right position so it can be deleted (or sometimes my sims like to steal random objects into their inventories 😆).

A townie played it, but when they put it back it was still upside down.
  • GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    Sounds weird.... can you drag it into your inventory or select it and select Put in Inventory or anything?? Maybe you could try opening build mode in the nearest lot and seeing if that fixes it too
  • GitaGita Posts: 108 Member
    With MC command you can delete it.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @Gita How do you delete items with MCCC? I always have to use twistedmexi's T.O.O.L. mod for stuff like that
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

@BabySquare .... Try deleting the townie to see if it will then disappear. Usually when this happens to me it is left by a Sims in another household. If I see who it is, I just go to that household and go back to the lot and have that Sims pick it up--problem solved.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited February 2021
    Usually reloading the world can help. Try going to manage worlds then reloading your lot. I find this helps get rid of this kind of thing like random plates and books left outside the buildable areas in a world. Even just selecting the travel option and traveling away from the lot/world and then traveling back helps reset things.
    I'm very grateful for the suggestions but unfortunately haven't had any luck so far.

I use MC command center - how can I use it to delete the guitar?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    Sometimes, over the course of a few Sim days, the displaced object will disappear.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited February 2021
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I'm very grateful for the suggestions but unfortunately haven't had any luck so far.

Enable testingcheats and debug cheats in the mc command center settings. Click on a computer and go to MCCC settings-Notifications Menu settings, console command settings and enable testingcheats and debug commands cheats (I play in another language but it should be named something like that.) You can also enable this by going to the mc command.cfg file in the mod files, open it in notepad and change the text to "Debug_Cheats_Enabled": true and "Testing_Cheats_Enabled": true

Then you shift click on the item and select remove item (debug) this works on sims too (sims wont actually get deleted, only removed from the zone, useful for annoying townies)

Happy Simming.
    logion wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »

Enable testingcheats and debug cheats in the mc command center settings. Click on a computer and go to MCCC settings-Notifications Menu settings, console command settings and enable testingcheats and debug commands cheats (I play in another language but it should be named something like that.) You can also enable this by going to the mc command.cfg file in the mod files, open it in notepad and change the text to "Debug_Cheats_Enabled": true and "Testing_Cheats_Enabled": true

Then you shift click on the item and select remove item (debug) this works on sims too (sims wont actually get deleted, only removed from the zone, useful for annoying townies)

Happy Simming.

Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow, and I had no idea you could edit the cfg file.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,826 Member
    If you have a spellcaster, they can Inferniate the guitar :)
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    That won't help. The guitar will burn and remain there nevertheless - Spellcasters can't destroy things through fire.
    I don't have realm of magic.
    edited February 2021
    Gagea wrote: »
    That won't help. The guitar will burn and remain there nevertheless - Spellcasters can't destroy things through fire.

I had my spellcaster destroy three off-lot flowers that someone had dropped and that I couldn't move or pick up. She did it by casting Inferniate. They burned to piles of ash which she was then able to throw away. It made good target practice :)
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 440 Member
    I currently have a snowboard stuck halfway down the easy slope. It doesn't belong to anyone and I can't get rid of it. I'm going to have my klepto sim steal it next time I play.
  • intothehorizoneintothehorizone Posts: 88 Member
    maybe try making a kleptomaniac sim? i know that my kleptomaniac sim can place various objects within her inventory (despite not owning them); so maybe having a klepto sim go and steal it could work?
  • Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    hmmm maybe use the "set as head" cheat to attach it to your sim then travel to your lot and delete once there?
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

@BabySquare Honestly, use Twistedmexi's T.O.O.L. to get rid of it.
    Move it into a lot using that while in "Live-mode", then delete it in "Build-mode".

It's not as difficult as it seems to use this mod. If you're intent is to get rid of off-lot objects, this is the best way to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pjLakbXXk&feature=youtu.be
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    @BabySquare have you tried deleting the localthumbcache file with the game closed then restarting your game?
    @KathMHughes @XxTigertailxX kleptomaniac is a great idea!
    I'm hoping I've got Bienchen's destroy object mod working but I won't get to test it for a few days. I'd use that mod to get rid of leaf piles anyway so I'll give that a go then refer back to here if necessary. Thank you everyone for the suggestions :smile:
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I currently have a snowboard stuck halfway down the easy slope. It doesn't belong to anyone and I can't get rid of it. I'm going to have my klepto sim steal it next time I play.
    @KathMHughes I have skis stuck on a slope, too! They belong to one of my sims but he can’t drag them into his inventory nor can he walk to them and grab them. I guess I’ll download MCCC and try to get rid of them that way. The area has been reloaded several times and they won’t go away. I think they got stuck there when I was playing this household and left the lot while he was skiing.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited March 2021
    Gagea wrote: »

Actually, they can destroy certain things with fire using inferniate. I have my spellcasters do this.
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    @BabySquare Honestly, use Twistedmexi's T.O.O.L. to get rid of it.
    Move it into a lot using that while in "Live-mode", then delete it in "Build-mode".

It's not as difficult as it seems to use this mod. If you're intent is to get rid of off-lot objects, this is the best way to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pjLakbXXk&feature=youtu.be

This is how I usually handle this problem. I tried the Bienchen mod to destroy objects but I couldn't get it to work.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Good info, I too have ski's and a snowboard stuck in my game.