Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @Skeilah
    Day 12 - Yes, Wolfgang is secretly in love with Sakura. And the night before, Joaquin had already told Wolfgang about Kiyoshi, so Wolfgang had the shock of hearing it then. And of course, Wolfgang had seen all the pictures hanging on the wall of Kiyoshi and Sakura and so Wolfgang had a chance to think about things and had an "excuse" ready on that "date" phone call. So when Sakura finally told Wolfgang that she was seeing someone, Wolfgang just brushed it off, like he never meant to say "date", in the first place. Wolfgang really does want to be more than Sakura's friend, but he's hoping that if he stays by her side, that maybe one day, she will see him as more than a friend. Sakura is really the first person who sees Wolfgang as a "good" guy, because everyone knows him as a member of the Renegades and a "bad" guy. Plus, the funny thing is that she is a Paragon, and Wolfgang is a Renegade, and in the club activities, they are supposed to be mean to each other. However, never once, even when they have a club gathering, have either one been mean to the other, and it's like whenever Wolfgang sees Sakura, he just perks right up. This is the game, not me controlling them. And now, Wolfgang has this adoring sentiment towards her. The game is trying to tell me something about these two. And Sakura does have some conflicting feelings about Wolfgang, but being the person she is, she has to squelch those feelings, because, afterall, she is still deeply in love with Kiyoshi.
    edited February 2021
    @AnnoyingTiger - Just went to your blog site and love, love, love Tiger and pumpkin :) Looking forward to your journey.

@lilypadmeulin - Yeah, for leveling up in Gardening, and her garden is looking good now :) And so is her house! Woot! Another ding for that aspiration, too! When I had Sakura go to school, I kept pausing and switching between make friends and work hard. Sometimes then she would get a pop-up to invite a classmate over. Kado was also one of her friends, and he would just randomly drop by. He was great for helping her with homework and helping her with projects, too, to get that grade up. Another way to earn some quick simoleons is to take selfies or photos with friends. Not only does this help gain the photography skill, but Jenny can sell the photos, too. This also helps with friendship.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    February - Day 20: Eight is Enough

w47X55z.png

Notes
    6EIh9lY.png
    Essa had been very busy since her return from Sulani, so there hadn't been much time left in her days to hold a club meeting. Today she made time for one since she missed her friends. It was the first time she would see Molly in person. Though they'd spoke many times by phone, Molly and Damon had also been out of town visiting family.

"So good to finally see you in person and give you a hug. You deserve so much more though. Thank you, thank you forever for what you did. I'll never, ever be able to repay you."

"Aww man, don't make me cry, it's cool girlfriend. Giving me your club is thanks enough."

2KssQ3F.png
    "No, it's not enough. I have something else I'd like you to have, my DJ booth, the dance floor, all those TVs, posters, the works. It's all yours when I move!"
    "What!? No way Jose! Wow! Seriously?"
    "Seriously, it's the least I can do. I only wish I could do more."

NtXzqBO.png
    "You are seriously the best! You know I would've done it for nothing, right?"
    "Yeah, I know, but you deserve it! Plus I know you love that machine, you're always asking to play around with it."
    "Thanks Essa...still seems weird calling you that. But I'll get used to it."
    "We better dance or something before I really do start crying. Can't have the noobs see the new boss blubber like a baby, am I right?"

Essa just winked and said, "Let's do this!"

u9U8mS8.png
    All of the newest members plus Molly had arrived by then except for, well...

fsstrz7.png
    Supposedly Damon was dancing and the other club members gathered round to watch him. Willow was even cheering for him. But, uh...where is he? I don't see him, do you? o.O Do vampires have the ability to be invisible now too?

YkR21Hh.png
    After awhile, Essa decided to kick it up a notch and spin some tunes instead of using the stereo feature. Everyone was dancing and having fun, racking up the perk points until Essa finally had enough to get an eighth club member, Kira. Leader of the Pack aspiration complete!

JQ3chuw.png
    Essa ended the gathering afterward, took care of her needs and then decided to practice mixing for awhile and finally reached Level 10 before going to bed.

zJwneWn.png
    Essa took photos of most of the new club members at last night's meeting, but she needed Kent's. He kept shying away from it. She also wanted one of Kira. They lived with Carter, Ridge and Willow in the city so she went for a visit. Mission accomplished. The collection's in the original club hangout room until she can arrange for a group photo too.

b4zUJES.png
    Thankfully her garden was ready to harvest despite looking dead. She gets over 7K from it every day now. As evening fell, Essa traveled to the Narwhal Arms and started a club gathering.

pwaKnDS.png
    First group dance with a full club...and one townie goosing Damon. A bit inappropriate there Missy! I know he's gorgeous, but come on! Simeon was sitting at the bar, but Essa was too busy to notice before he left.

Sevy7Pm.png
    The crowd was really getting hyped and Essa felt their energy after she took over the nightclub's DJ booth. Seeing one of her mail carriers really getting into it made her smile.

MgEtyzA.png
    For some reason it got very dark in the club after 9 p.m. I don't think the auto lights were working very well. Nobody seemed to notice or care though, they were having too much fun enjoying Essa's mixing skills. I got a kick out of the female Sim on the far left. Her name is Lorraine Paine and she's a vampire who kept flying as a bat all over the dance floor.

blQqU1O.png
    One last time feeling the crowd's energy and Essa ended the club gathering. It was getting late and the club members had school in the morning. Essa was hungry too and for some reason no food was available at the bar, except chips and that just wouldn't do.

rERY5lz.png
    Essa was feeling very confident in herself after all the accomplishments she'd made in the last two days. It felt good to finally have her life back. She finished her meal and finally went to bed. There was still homework to do and she wouldn't get much sleep, but I don't think she really cared at the moment.

Good Night Essa...

I'll reply and comment on all your wonderful posts later this evening. Need to feed my cats, get some sleep and have grocery shopping to do when I get up later. Hope y'all have a fabulous day/night! *Hugs* <3
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Update 51 - Leader of the Pack

6fVQ0CZ.png

Notes:
    Jules headed to the Quad Manor after school to meet the rest of the Curiosity Club, excited to be leading the meeting today. Veronica had brought a friend along - the club's popularity was definitely growing! Chloe never denied membership to anyone who expressed interest in joining - the club was all about inspiring creativity and a love for learning in everyone, not excluding anyone.

"This is Kai," Veronica introduced her friend. Kai smiled at the group and said that they were glad to be included in this club - Kai identified as non-binary, so it was always hard for them to find a place to belong, but the members of the Curiosity Club welcomed them right away. Just because they tended to be a girls club didn't mean they weren't open to some more diversity.
    n07CX5F.png

As leader for the evening, Jules made sure to make Kai feel especially welcome.
    nW1gCAI.png

Jules invited Kai to come play a game of chess, just as Chloe had done for her during her first meeting. It was a great way to participate in club activities while having the opportunity to be social.
    9uSilor.png

Once Kai was settled, Jules wandered around for a bit, checking in on the other club members. She wasn't quite sure what to do herself this evening - she was still feeling tired and a bit emotionally drained from her eventful weekend. She sat down on one of the couches, giving herself a moment to relax.

Kaori joined her shortly though, and Jules found that she welcomed the company (Jules actually has the People Person lifestyle now, so she is glad to be with others. She keeps getting random sad moodlets from it though, I have to start getting a better feel for how these lifestyles work, not sure if I'm a fan.)

"Hey, girl, you doing okay?" Kaori asked.
    y75lSFh.png

"Yeah, there's just a lot on my mind," Jules answered. "Sometimes I wish I could just take a little break from all the craziness," she added wistfully.

"I know the feeling," Kaori answered. "Life can get too crazy sometimes. But hey, if you ever need to get away from it all, my grandparents and I live super close to the slopes in Mt. Komorebi - nothing like hitting the slopes for a few days to clear your mind and get away from it all. Let me know if you'd ever be interested in coming."
    HMDJ7i7.png

"I've never skied or snowboarded before," Jules admitted.

"All the more reason to come and learn," Kaori encouraged. "Once you get the hang of it, you'll love it. Plus, I'm a great teacher."

"I really appreciate the offer," Jules smiled back. "I'll keep that in mind, if I ever had a spare moment."

Meanwhile, Mario was at home, going for an evening jog.
    4Sq1Exd.png

He was running past the Bjergsen's house, the lot right next door to his and Jules', when he noticed a familiar figure out on the porch with Mr. Bjergsen. What in the world was his mother doing here?
    3tZuwAs.png

Oh...
    HPFweff.png

Mario stood there, dumbfounded, as his mother disappeared into the night. He wasn't even sure how to process what he had just seen....
    SsxZIoD.png

--

Totally just remembered that Mario's mom has been having an affair with Bjorn for a while now, so I thought I'd try to squeeze that in with the rest of all my chaos and drama before the month ends. My story just keeps getting crazier, thank you all for having the patience to keep up with it :D
    edited February 2021
    @AnnoyingTiger
    Welcome to the challenge! Astrid and Pumpkin seem like they'll be so fun to play! I also started in Willow Creek when I began last month - it's a nice world to start in. There are a lot of collectables there and good fishing spots. I finished the Curator, Angling Ace, and Freelance Bontanist aspirations without ever leaving that world, so you will be able to keep Astrid busy for sure!

@Karababy52
    Yay for us for both finishing Leader of the Pack! I really love Essa's wall of all the club members, that was such a cute idea! I love how you really used the skills and features of Get Together this month - I feel like I'll have to eventually do DJ'ing and dancing with Jules at some point too, but she's just been too busy with all the drama I've thrown at her haha.

Also that garden is seriously impressive! Essa must be rolling in simoleons now, I can't even imagine! Jules makes about 2k a day from her garden and also sells some collectables, and if you recall, I got her down to like 6k after donating money to Mario's family a bit ago, but now she's back up at like 25k, I feel like it's always just too easy to get money haha. But the house I build her in Mt. Komorebi is about 30k, so I'll save up the extra money for now, though she should be more than fine when it's time to move her.

That was a fun update for sure, it is nice to see Essa so happy and carefree. Looking forward to more of your story as always.

Also, I too need to go grocery shopping today. Still trying to muster up the energy to get dressed and be productive today though haha

@Hermitgirl
    Hahaha, love that Archibald is romancing the whole house. Is Grimmy next on his list? :D Summer will be good for collectables for the aspiration - lightning strikes leave behind some valuable stuff sometimes. That definitely helped Jules finish that aspiration. Also congrats on the orchid!

Also in reply to your comment - my intent was to make Brittany a bit more of a sympathetic character, so I'm glad that worked. She's still terrible, but Emmett is so nice and good that I had to make his witch of a girlfriend at least somewhat human or else why would Emmett bother with her?
    Slowly dragging this relationship out day by day, with Mario and Jules...lol. This is the slowest I've ever play a relationship ending and it's hard

@SoulGal7
    Glad your game is working well enough for an update! What an aftermath to that party. Sakura has all the cute boys staying over, hahahaha. I wonder what Kiyoshi would think of all this...I saw you commented to karababy about the decay in their relationship. I would definitely do stuff behind the scenes with them if you want to keep their relationship up for future purposes. I use MCCC to make relationships decay more slowly in my game for that reason, and I'd definitely be cheating for story purposes if I didn't have a mod to help me. But it is also realistic that their relationship would be decaying with distance and time apart, so it's really up to you in the end.

Wolfgang is so in love with Sakura. I can't decide if I support his infatuation or not...he might be a bit too eager. But he's also so sweet, making sure she's okay through the night and then fixing her toilet. Kiyoshi is starting to feel like a distant memory, so maybe Wolfgang is a nice choice after all...you really include such nice details and story progression in your posts, I'm really looking forward to see your plans for Sakura!

@lilypadmeulin
    Yeah, that's the downfall to the bee box. I still don't have a crocus either. Jules just gets stung every now and then haha, but she doesn't have to spend much time in her garden since Patchy helps out a lot and she's efficient at tending her garden since she's maxed out in that skill, so I can ignore the bees most of the time. When Jenny's needs start getting more stable too, the bee stings won't be the dominant moodlet anymore either. She's slowly but surely getting on her feet! Once you start really making money for her and getting her into a proper home, the rest starts falling into place more easily!
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited February 2021
    February 20
    cOyBuOL.png

Bryons Diary
    It’s the weekend, so no homeschooling today and tomorrow! I decided to just relax in my (and Naoki’s) room…

F0ttlSn.png
    Ahhh, the good life...

37CCVT2.png
    But then Johnny decided to ruin this moment of silence and storm in without knocking.

flxM6Rq.png
    (Johnny) “Hey, do you know what’s up with Jess- I mean, Ms. Ridley? She was super sad yesterday, and I can't get it out of my mind…”
    (Bryon) “Do you really want to know?”

x6fdWi7.png
    (Johnny) “Wait, you really know? How do you know? Did she tell you? Why didn't she tell me... I thought we were friends...”
    (Bryon) "Nah, she didn't tell me. I just know."

oyGTXOC.png
    (Johnny) "Oh, are you being smartpants again?"
    (Bryon) "Yeah. I am. Do you wanna know or not?"
    (Johnny) "Yeah, I wanna know!!"

How do I say this without talking about me…

ri2LC4j.png
    (Bryon) “Well… She had a crush on a guy, and yesterday she suddenly found out that the guy is already seeing someone”
    (Johnny) “She found out in the middle of Eliza’s explanation?”
    (Bryon) “Didn’t you… See her busy with her phone?”

Of course, that was a little lie on the spot. I had no idea if she even had her phone with her at that moment, but maybe Johnny would fall for it.

7JPFLMc.png
    (Johnny) “Oh no… The guy sent her a text?! You saw that?!”
    (Bryon) “I didn’t really saw the text… But her face… Said it all…”

Oof, this is harder than I thought. Time to get rid of that little brother of mine. I want my silence.

Rvsc7FH.png
    (Bryon) “You should call her, and be there for her as her friend. She needs that now”
    (Johnny) “Yeah! You’re right!! Thanks, brother! I’ll call her right now and be there for her!”

eredTE9.png
    Johnny left the room.

Finally, silence again. I thought he would never leave.

9fs7YtS.png
    (Some time later, Bryon reached level 10 in the logic skill and therefor finished the Nerd Brain aspiration)

xbJk2ia.png
    (Bryon) “Hmm.. My book is out. Maybe I’ll go write a book instead of reading another one.”

BagAjSX.png
    (In the end he wrote 3 books and broke his computer while doing that - gotta repair that computer fast so he can finish that Bestselling author aspiration!)

Behind the scenes
    AAS91gy.png
    (Johnny) “What should I do... Call... Or text?”

(Johnny) “I'll just text. That's safe."

YOJjDMY.png
    Hey, you alright?

(Johnny) "Yeah. That'll do. Send!"

- Brindleton Bay, Ridley Residence -

WU4t1ol.png
    (Jess) “pff, haha, you dork. You’re not supposed to text me when it’s not school related”
    (Julian) “Who? Me?”

(Julian and Jess are twins)

oF4xbbL.png
    (Jess) “You’re also a dork indeed, but I didn’t mean you. I meant Johnny”
    (Julian) “Johnny? The guy you’re mentoring? What did he ask?”

LQjh8Pt.png
    (Jess) “If I’m alright”
    (Julian) “Huh? Something happened?”
    (Jess) “It’s nothing, really. I just had this little crush on his older brother. That guy is smart!”
    (Julian) “You just fell for his brother because he’s smart?”

ex8Y6ih.png
    (Jess) “What can I say.. He’s the first one I know who actually has a brain.. Can’t say that from you.. Or dad..”
    (Julian, totally not hearing what Jess just said) “What about that Johnny guy? Is he smart too?”
    (Jess) “Phahaha! Johnny? Smart? I would say, he’s a complete copy of you”

KrVlpCr.png
    (Julian) “I should introduce myself to him once -

qj1mkqq.png
    (Julian, finally realizing) “Hey- Did you just call me brainless a minute ago?”

1v2WeFk.png
    (Jess) “Nope, not at all!”
    (Julian) “Yes you did. You’re so mean..”

xWHPUfh.png
    Jess looks over to her phone again. She caught herself smiling while replying on Johnny's message.

Yeah, I’m fine. Thanks for asking.

(Jess) "Such a dork, hehe"

HLFIYs5.png
    (Julian) “What did you say to him???”
    (Jess) “Not your business! Shoo!"
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • GarbonzoBean66GarbonzoBean66 Posts: 19 Member
    Popping into check-in as it were. I got a bit busier with Real Life things this last week than I thought I would lol so setting up my save and such for this challenge fell a little by the wayside but I'm hoping to truly start sooooon. I actually went into my main save last night and put a bunch of my ocs that I've made in the past in the save since I pretty much yeeted several townies and premade sims out of the save. The exceptions being The Goths, Calientes, and the new families from the Snowy Escape pack.

I was having some trouble trying to figure out how to keep the main legacy story and this challenge in one and tell the stories until I remembered blogs are a thing so with that said, the main legacy stories will be there until I'm comfortable enough to throw it in a thread on these forums. (still, a tiny bit intimidated to do that just yet xD) Plan on doing this Challenge on that blog but also crosspost here.

In the meantime, I've been reading yall's updates! Loving each and every one of them!

@SoulGal7
    so glad your pc is working well enough to let you get your game time in and do updates! Wolfgang is so in love with Sakura. Will be interesting to see how that goes. Can I just say...I Love Sakura, she's so pretty and awesome all around.

@Skeilah
    Johnny is just like WHAT? lol, I love how Jess is giggling at the phone as she texts him back tho. Loving this story with all its twists and turns and such.

@AnnoyingTiger
    oh hai there! I followed your blog and I love Astrid and Pumpkin already! Also followed your blog! Can't wait to read about them!

@permanentrose
    This was a great update! Love the conversation between Kaori and Jules. I also am not quite sure what to think of the lifestyle's thing. I do know you can change it as time goes on so it's not "locked" in forever like the quirks from get famous seem to be. Poor Mario tho. Talk about an unexpected surprise. Don't blame him for not quite knowing what to do or even think of what he just saw.

@Karababy52
    Essa out here living her best life rn and I am sooooo here for it! Love to see this especially with everything she has and was going through.

@lilypadmeulin
    I just really love Jenny honestly. She's doing amazing and that bee outfit is killer on her. Hopefully the bees warm up to her soon tho!

@Ellupelluellu
    The towel stuff makes me giggle. Match made in heaven right there. Love to see it! xD Also that is just amazing that you have her dad as the grim reaper! Malcolm just like O.o. Loved this update so much!

@Hermitgirl
    Orchids yay! I've never managed to get them but I've never had it as a goal but I think I will at some point now! Archibald putting the moves on bonehilda is amazing. She deserves the best xD

I probably missed somethings but I'll try not to do that next time!
    ~~ConfettiNinjaBean *throws confetti*
    The Sterling-Vatore Legacy Blog
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @SoulGal7

I should probably have her work hard at school occasionally...I'm going to have her go Sledding with Kiyoshi if that's possible to do together, or maybe with Rohan? That's the next one I'm working on, but I think I'll need to wait for the weekend for that.

Jenny hasn't gotten a project so far, I think? But no doubt she will soon.

@Karababy52

I hope Molly can still come and visit Essa in her new place when she gets it! She's such a good friend, and they seem really tearful about parting, though I love that you gave Molly Essa's house. And I'm so glad that she completed the skill and Aspiration - go Essa! Or should I still be calling her VT? I have so many questions about where her life is going to go now. Is she going to move in with Josh? Is she striking out on her own? Will she be going to university?

@permanentrose

Oh my goodness, Bjorn and Mario's mom? I definitely didn't see that coming, and it looks like Mario didn't either. Yikes. I have a feeling this is going to make him extra angry about any kind of infidelity, fake or real...Also, Kai being welcomed into the Curiosity Club warmed my heart.

I wonder if the crocus is in the seasonal spring plants, then? That would suck because she'll need to get through a lot more stings in order to level up sufficiently so she can buy it. Maybe I should have getting Patchy as a goal?

I really can't wait until she has a proper house, but I'm going to have to be careful with my funds to make it happen. However, my Legacy games provided the perfect training for that! *insert training montage here*

@Skeilah

Bryon definitely handled this situation diplomatically, and it's not unreasonable that Johnny would believe what his smart big brother says. I also quite like Julian being introduced - he compliments Jess quite well, and seems pretty fun!

@GarbonzoBean66

Jenny's doing her best, and it does help that everyone on here has been giving really helpful tips, like getting the Always Welcome and Waterproof traits! I'd definitely say the community on this thread have helped improve my gameplay of this challenge :smiley:
    edited February 2021
    @lilypadmeulin
    Mario's mom was having an affair with Bjorn before I even started this challenge (I honestly don't remember my reasoning behind it, I think I just wanted to play an infidelity storyline since all my sims tend to be so happy and faithful), so I thought I'd try to add it in to this challenge haha. It actually won't play a huge role, but it will come up again :)

You can always put the bee box in your inventory too if it's too much. I actually would recommend getting Patchy though. You can search his pockets for seeds and get some rare finds sometimes, and he really helps with garden care so you don't have to spend so much time doing it. Jules doesn't interact with him much now, but back when I first had her enroll in school and started as an F student, he was great for assisting with homework and school projects too. Made it go a lot faster. He can be good for the social need too.

@Skeilah
    Aw, no Rose today :( Just kidding lol, I'm glad to see her in your story whenever she shows up, and she probably needed the weekend lol. Congrats on finishing that aspiration! The weekends must be good for blasting through skill building and aspirations since you aren't allowing them to leave the house. And the Johnny and Jess drama continues...Jess might be starting to like the other brother I see. Will Johnny and Jess be around for the magic realm next month?
  • KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    edited February 2021
    Day 46
    0keaJ4c.png
    Bjorn, Sofia’s dad, introduced me to Moira Fyres, a neighbour, soon as I landed in Windenburg. She’s been checking up on me from time to time. I wasn’t feeling great, had tons of rashes all over and I didn’t want her there. After Dirk’s untimely passing, I just don’t want to be around people. She said she had something for me but I just wanted her gone.

Day 47
    5X0tnRh.png
    Dirk came back as a ghost. Like did I miss a memo or something? Moira’s daughter, Morgan, popped up today and she seems really nice. She cried over Dirk’s urn, but didn’t see him. I don’t know how she knew Dirk but she was really distraught. Then some guy appears, he says he’s a nice vampire and I almost tell him to get lost until he changes into a bat in front me of me. Morgan’s nonplussed. Like did I miss a memo or something?! Whatever. I put all three of them to help me out with my school project. My friendships may be tanking but I can count on my grades and my tenacity to never let me down.

Day 48
    eQGU4h1.png
    Luna. This girl was on fire. She came by to visit after hearing Dirk passed away. She greeted me with kisses on my cheek and a gentle hand on my elbow. Luna said she only knew of Dirk as a celebrity and thought badly of him at first, because he was sponsoring an orphan—some way to get more clout—but then she stopped herself from going on about her impressions of him, apologised and redirected her focus on me. She was going to cook something for me as a surprise before she ushered me into the bathroom. Have a nice lavender soak, she said. Then I smell smoke after my bath and nearly laughed at the ridiculousness of another fire starting after the insurance company paid for the exact same stove...I dropped everything and put the fire out. It feels good to have helped someone, but it feels even worse to remember that you couldn’t help the ones you cared for...

3tAHWqg.png
    Burnin’ love. I felt bad for nearly killing Luna. I unravelled, kind of. Blurted out that she should stop hanging around me because I’ll hurt her or worse. I don’t know if she heard me right but we ended up kissing...I didn’t want to stop. Kat popped into my head briefly, how I broke things off and then started it up again. It’s not right but it was only a kiss. Nothing more is going to come out of it. I swear...Right?

Notes
    Since River completed the Club aspiration, I’ve been jumping aspirations to see if I can score him more points. Can you guys guess what aspiration he’s on for now? In my quest to get River to complete Scouts, he’s barely left his home unless it’s for a jog or when he’s chasing up a Sim he’s not meet because I tried to get him to complete the popularity aspiration. It’s a lot of aspiration hopping for points from time to time. Also, River’s got a sprinkler system now. Should’ve had one since Jenna Akiyama burned while grilling. Slowly but surely recovering here, so good news too!

edit: I'm going to try and get myself up to date, emphasis on try.
    edit #2: I've readjusted my dates. turns out I've mislabelled my days and skipped out of Day 15. I've gone back and adjusted (probably cheating to try and get one photo a day) so on certain days where I had more than one photo, I've divided it out to get me up to date.
    edit #3: I missed out some photos & now in the mid of adjusting things for the umpteenth time
    Post edited by Kanindota on
    @Kanindota - Glad to see you back and it's wonderful that you are feeling better. I think that River has secret "fire" power or something because wherever River seems to go, fire happens. Well, thank goodness he saved Luna, and I am sure she was forever "grateful" lol.

I am wondering if in my story that fire was somehow triggered by River since he was close by...but, he was one of the ones with a fire extinguisher in his hand. Maybe there's a Scout badge or something he can earn by putting out all these fires...lol

@Skeilah - Congratulations to Bryon for completing the Nerd Brain Aspiration. No wonder he wanted Johnny out of the room. Loved the behind the scenes with Jess and Johnny texting Funny! Do I detect similarities with Jess and Julian as with Bryon and Johnny- it appears that way! lol

@permanentrose - Congratulations to Jules for getting the Leader of the Pack Aspiration! Looks like someone got the Snowy Escape Pack! Woot! Sorry, you probably mentioned it before, and I had seen Kaori in a previous chapter, but that's great! Will you be doing Mt. Komorebi next, or do you have the Realm of Magic pack? So the Curiosity Club was a success, but then Mario jogging and seeing his Mom and Bjorn...um...that must have been a shock for him. Poor Mario, he has so much drama in his life.

@Karababy52 - Congratulations to Essa for completing the Leader of the Pack Aspiration! Love all the dance moves at the Narwhal Arms, and Essa's new look is really nice - hehehe - love the hat :)
    @SoulGal7 I'm doing Mt. Komorebi next :) I do not have Realm of Magic, so it works out well to go to Mt. Komorebi next month!
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    @GarbonzoBean66 Thanks so much for following, I hope you enjoy their tale! I've followed you, as well, looking forward to reading your content.

@permanentrose Ooo that gives me hope for a smooth start c:

@SoulGal7 Thanks so much! :D I'll do my best to showcase her journey through the year.

@Kanindota Poor guy, I'm glad his rash went away and that it wasn't anything serious~ I've followed his journey on your blog, looking forward to reading more.
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
    @Hermitgirl
    Yay! Congrats to Roxanne for finally getting an Orchid! Good luck to her with Painter Extraordinaire and the Curator aspirations. Well now, Archibald, you player! tsk, tsk, tsk... Doesn't surprise me he'd go after Bonehilda. She seems like his type. ;)

@SoulGal7
    Aww, man, Wolfgang, I feel so bad for him. He loves Sakura so much. I'm so glad his intentions turned out this way instead of something more unsavory. Sad for him though considering Sakura is thoroughly in love with Kyoshi. Very cool about the Spin Masters being able to profit off the near disaster of the DJ booth fire. So now she's famous for a 'Burning Down the House' party. How funny! :D Very smooth Wolfgang covering up for yourself with that lie. I guess he was trying to save face and keep Sakura as at least a friend. Didn't want it to be awkward between them now that he knows she's unavailable. My favorite screenshot is the very last one. That smile...It's so cute and he looks adorable. I've never liked Wolfgang, but the way you've portrayed him has changed my mind. Thanks for that. :)

Thanks about Essa completing the aspiration, and yes I love that hat too! I love all the clothes that came with the Paranormal SP. First time I've tried using the hat and I think it kind of suits her. :)

@lilypadmeulin
    It's tough at first if you take your time and do Rags to Riches the way it was truly meant to be, but so satisfying when they finally do start to get their heads above water. Essa will be taking her plants to Glimmerbrook so I don't see why Jenny wouldn't be able to take hers there too. Or wherever she may go if you don't have ROM.

Day 12 - Congrats to Jenny for reaching Level 2 gardening and the ability to evolve! Great she has a window now too! Curtains would be nice, but she'll get there. Good idea having her make friends at school. Has she brought any home with her yet? That'll help with the social need too. So funny how she's using chopsticks to eat something on a stick meant to be finger food. :D They use a fork for that dish too, which I think is just silly, oh well. *shrugs*

I'm sure Molly will visit Essa in Glimmerbrook, definitely. There's no reason why she wouldn't, right? :) Oh, well Essa didn't give Molly her house, it's not really her's to give. She just gave her the DJ booth, dance floor, the TVs, posters, stuff like that. Not sure how I'll accomplish that, at least for the stuff that's not portable. She can take the DJ Booth over to Molly's house and just leave it. But the rest I'll probably have her sell and give Molly a gift of simoleans. Or maybe I'll just copy the hangout room to my library and put it in the basement of Molly's house. That might work even better!

She's Essa now. VT was just a nickname for Vanessa/Tessa and she's not either of those anymore. Essa is her real and true name. Essa and Josh won't live together again until April. Josh will be singing with Adam until then. Technically he lives in Mt. Komorebi with his brothers. Essa will live in Glimmerbrook by herself. Yes, she'll be going to Uni in April. Whether she will live in a dorm or not remains to be seen. She might just take classes from a new home with Josh in Britechester. If I do have her live in the dorms, Josh will stay at home while she's there so they can keep their house.

@AnnoyingTiger
    Fantastic! Just checked out your blog, I'll add a link to it on the main page after I post these comments. Astrid Scott and her cat Pumpkin are so cute! I see you're starting out in Willow Creek, cool. Curious what aspiration she'll be doing there, you're pretty much free to do any of the base game ones since Willow Creek didn't come with it's own special aspiration.

Thanks again for joining, I can't wait to read all about Astrid's adventures with Pumpkinn! I hope you enjoy it and have fun! :)

@permanentrose
    So nice of Kaori to offer Jules going with her to visit her Grandparents and do some Winter Sports. Cute new club member, they look so happy to be there! Looks like the club has a secret handshake eh? Oh dear...poor Mario. It'll be interesting to see what happens now with this new revelation for him. o.O

I knew it would complete quickly after getting all 8 members. That's one reason I took my time with it and felt free to take the time to do the interlude/Reunion story for Essa and Josh. I had intended to complete any skills associated with the worlds too, but wasn't able to do that in Mt. Komorebi. Oh well, she can Level those up another time, it's the aspirations that are most important. Happy she was able to max out Dancing and DJ mixing this month. Although, to be fair she did start the Dancing skill in Mt. Komorebi so she had a head start with that one. lol :)

Yeah, I should've made it a personal rule she couldn't go to Festivals right from the beginning until she was living in San Myshuno. By the time that rule was suggested and implemented, she'd already traveled to the Romance Festival and acquired Bird of Paradise, Lilies and Chrysanthemums, those plants are very profitable so it didn't take much time for her to be financially secure after that. o.O

Essa gets 7K+ from each harvest and has a little over 25K in household funds right now, add 60K she spent for the house, which she'll sell and get back, plus whatever she makes from harvests until she moves, yeah, she'll have a nice nest egg for Glimmerbrook to build herself a really great place. :)

I love how happy Essa is now and I love her more natural, laidback look too. However, she did keep the party boots afterall, even though I wrote she'd ditched them. It just made sense since most all the other club members wear boots. :)

@Skeilah
    Love this update. Bryon is so annoyed, he just wanted peace and quiet and in walks Johnny confused and upset. Pretty smooth how he handled telling Johnny she has a crush without saying it was on himself. Bravo Dude! I love that pic where they're looking at each other. They almost look like twins! Really see the family resemblance in that screenshot. :) Congrats to Bryon for completing the Nerd Brain aspiration! I love that one! Now he has Instant upgrade! Woo Hoo!

Jess has a twin! He looks so cute with those cat ears. Usually I don't like that hairstyle, but somehow it works for him. I bet he and Johnny would be good friends, they, uh, have a lot in common. ;) I can't decide if I like Jess or not. On one hand she's very clever and smart, plus cute as the dickens, but on the other she's a bit condescending and mean. Well...at least she's not one dimensional, eh? ;)

@GarbonzoBean66
    I agree! Essa's been through a lot in her short life. She deserves some happiness for a change. :)

@Kanindota
    Nice of Moira to check up on River, but understand how he'd just want to be alone since he's sick. Poor River feeling like he's missing important information about ghosts and vampires. At least they and Morgan were helpful with his project to keep up his grades. :) Aww, I knew Luna was sweet on him. So nice she fixed him a Lavender bath and 'tried' to cook for him. Bummer she caught on fire, but looks like it all worked out for her in the end judging by that kiss! River's feeling a bit guilty about it though considering he has a girlfriend in Kat already. I wonder if he'll ditch Kat in favor of Luna now. I guess we shall see...

Congrats on River completing the club aspiration! I'm guessing Serial Romantic? Or did you mean the Popularity aspiration? Maybe he's doing both! ;) Thank goodness he has a sprinkler system now! Hopefully that'll help so nobody dies in a fire around him again.

So glad to read you're feeling better, that's the best news I've heard all day! *Hugs*

I apologize for how late I am with these comments. I had more chores than expected to do and grocery shopping seemed to take forever, then there was dinner to make and weekend fun with Hubby doing our usual classic rock 'Name that Tune/Artist' game while listening to an online radio station. So fun! Hope y'all had a great day/night! <3
    @permanentrose

Patchy will probably be one of my next big investments then. Jenny's sociaal need is often in need of a boost...

Mario's mom and Bjorn was definitely a bit of a shock, and I can't wait for your update so I can see what the next twist is. Your story really has me on the edge of my seat!

@Karababy52

I can't wait for Essa and Josh to be cohabiting, finally! And for Essa to age up and start attending university. There's so many things that can be explored then, and I'm just so happy that she has Molly as a friend and can see Josh again properly! However, I'm also excited for her to discover the magic of Glimmerbrook.
    @lilypadmeulin
    Day 12: I have a legacy save going on where the bees also sting my sims every time they walk past by. I did have a lot of fun when the bees start to sting people that want to come for a visit, ahahah! The mini house is somewhat coming together! Yay! Looks like Jenny is also making some friend :) nice!

Jess probably thinks that Johnny knows she had a crush on his older brother, while Johnny himself has no clue about that at all. I just hope that Jess never mentions it to Johnny because that will be awkward. xD

Thanks about Julian! I love that derpy boy. He somewhat reminded me of Johnny himself hehe (Julian is 'older' than Johnny, like he exist longer in my saves than Johhny hehe). Maybe Johnny and Julian will become best friends because lol, those two would get into the most funny adventures together. And that way I have an excuse for Johnny to move out eventually.

@SoulGal7
    Yeah, I still know that Joaquin told Wolfgang about Kiyoshi! It broke my heart too :( Okay, I get that he already got his shock so when Sakura told him herself, he didn't have to go through the shock anymore. It's so cute that they are never mean to each other in club activities. Can't wait to read more!

Haha, there are indeed a lot of similarities in Jess/Julian and Bryon/Johnny. The funny thing is, that wasn't even intentional xD Jess and Bryon are just both geniuses and Julian and Johnny are just two derpie boys. But I actually like where this is going hahah!

@Karababy52
    Day 20: Awwww, Essa gave her club and the club hangout and everything to Molly? That's soooo sweet! I hope these two will still see each other often. Lol xD Damon is there but invisible??? I don't know much about vampires, but this sure is funny xD Congrats on finishing the Leader of the Pack aspiration!! Love all the pictures of all the club members. Now I also want a group picture of all the club members from Partihaus (+Naoki, just because I can). Maybe they'll have a last gathering right before Bryon, Johnny and Naoki head out to start their adventure in Glimmerbrook. Anyways (I'm getting sidetracked again haahha), I'm so happy for Essa. <3

Hehe, I thought the same thing when Bryon and Johnny looked at each other. Yeah, definitely brothers! Ohhh, that's where instant upgrade comes from. The computer broke down and he could do 'instant upgrade' and I was like "Where did that come from?" xD Thanks for telling me. I'm not really good at these trait things. Never really invested myself in that. So I'll learn a bunch of new stuff here!

Julian is a cat-lover and cheerful, so those cat ears were just the best thing possible for the guy. I also think it works especially for him! I really hope Julian and Johnny can meet up someday - what possibly will happen because I want it to happen lol. They have A LOT in common hahahaha! Those two will be very interesting to follow. We need some fun! Ah, you think Jess is condescending and mean? I don't mean it that way, but well, she has the traits snob and genius, so maybe she can be that way sometimes without even realising it.

@permanentrose
    51: Non-binary Kai makes his appearance, yay! Love their pants, lol. Kaori is such a nice girl to Jules, saying that she can always come by to her house in Mt. Komorebi. And then we go to Mario and what he bumps into... Awtch. Love that you included this in your story too xD

Hahahah! It's just that Rose is already an adult while Jess is a teenager just like the rest. Rose isn't really into all this puberal behaviour so it's only normal that she's not as invested in all this teenage drama as Jess. BUT I may have another idea. Maybe I'll age Beatrix up and Rose will bring her over tomorrow... Dun dun duunnnnnn.

Ahhh this weekend really is a gift for aspiration-stuff. I am thinking about taking a whole group of teenagers to the magic realm indeed. Johnny will definitely be there, but I'm still thinking about Jess - and maybe Julian too. And while we're on it, maybe I'll also include Beatrix xD I'm still thinking about a lot of things.

@GarbonzoBean66
    Thanks about my story! There are indeed a lot of twists and turns in my story, but I hope everything eventually comes together, lol.

We've been talking a bit already about your blog-problem-thing, and I hope it works out!

@Kanindota
    18: Aww, River is sick. Luckily he has someone that checks up on him from time to time, although he doesn't really want that.

19: Aw, good to see Dirk back, although he's just a ghost. Yeah, let them all help you with school.

20: Oh no, Luna! I'm glad that River was able to save her. This almost looks like you're doing the serial romantic aspiration now.
    Day 13, Month 1

02-21-21_12-21-31_PM.png?width=721&height=577

So the garden is coming along very nicely! The bees had wax today, which Jenny sold as she doesn't have a candlemaking station or any such thing yet. However, when she moves I will definitely have her making candles with the wax. I got a lot of money from today's harvest, which I was so pleased about.

02-21-21_12-11-05_PM.png?width=721&height=577

As a result, I expanded the house a little, and we have...a fridge! Which means no more living off vending machines, hurrah!

02-21-21_12-13-50_PM.png?width=721&height=577

I also did as some of you suggested and expanded the roof over the plants to shelter them.

02-21-21_12-14-14_PM.png?width=721&height=577
    02-21-21_12-18-01_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Once Jenny had been to school, the Festival of Light was announced! Jenny invited Rohan, and they both went along. Don't they just look adorable, snuggled up together like that by the bonfire?

02-21-21_12-26-48_PM.png?width=721&height=577

She also FINALLY got to try some festival food - the Strawberry Taiyaki! No one tried to steal it this time.

02-21-21_12-24-31_PM.png?width=721&height=577

And, finally, she completed the Festival Kimono part of her Aspiration! Apart from her grumpy expression, I think it suits her....

02-21-21_12-29-45_PM.png?width=721&height=577
    @Skeilah

Ooh, it'd be so awkward if Jess mentioned that to Johnny. Again, I think Bryon handled that with so much tact, and I think he's a really good older brother for what it's worth - he let his brother know most of the facts without revealing the ones that would upset him. I'd like to see Julian and Johnny as housemates, I think it would be a really fun storyline!

Jenny's house really is coming along in leaps and bounds! I'm really enjoying playing the challenge, and once it's over I'll definitely be starting a new one with her descendants.
    edited February 2021
    February 21
    0YMt0Rv.png

Bryons Diary
    After repairing my computer, I started writing another book, and another, and another, ... I ended up writing books for the entire night. Naoki came to sleep but I didn't hear him, and eventually I just fell asleep in front of the computer.

- the next morning -

TVr8Jga.png
    (Naoki) “Hey Bryon... get up. You shouldnt sleep here...”
    (Bryon) “Hmm...”

I heard him, but I couldn't react because I was so tired.

I3UgioB.png
    Eventually he dragged me to bed and there I napped some more. Ah, this bed is indeed a better sleeping spot.

AB0Oq7N.png
    I only woke up to the smell of pancakes hours later.

zTgk90D.png
    (Bryon) “It smells good in here!”
    (Naoki) “Hehe, I knew you would wake up after smelling these. I made them for the three of us!”

1uTLXcy.png
    (Bryon) “The three of us?”
    (Naoki) “Yeah. Marcus and Eliza have plans today. They were going to visit a friend in another country, so they'll be away until tomorrow.”
    (Bryon) “Ahh, yeah. They should stay in contact with their friends”
    (Johnny) “Naoki, those pancakes were delicious! Thanks again!”
    (Naoki) “Thank you, Johnny”

yxTMGNC.png
    (Bryon) “They are indeed very good. Thanks for making breakfast for us. I really enjoyed it."
    (Naoki) "That makes me happy. Johnny, you wanna help me with the dishes?"
    (Johnny) "Sure!"

EIxUHdU.png
    (Naoki) "Ahhh, all done."
    (Bryon) "Almost done. Here, you still have pancake on your face”
    (Naoki) “Oh, oops. Thanks”

1N55qlf.png
    (Bryon) “And now, back to writing books!”
    (Naoki) “Haa.. That guy is addicted”

Behind the scenes
    mJzRtNB.png
    Eliza and Marcus finally arrived in Glimmerbrook after a long ride. They went out to pay Eliza’s childhood friend a visit. Eliza knows that Isaius is a spellcaster (of course she does), and she knows that (hidden somewhere deep) Bryon and Johnny may have spellcaster DNA in them. Besides that, they are finally old enough to find out if that’s the case or not. I think you can guess who Eliza’s childhood friend is.

XiICOKq.png
    Morgyn Ember! (and next to them is their new celebrity wife, Brytani Cho, lol).

Tmc7pD3.png
    Eliza told Morgyn about the situation she's currently in, and how Morgyn can be a great help in finally solving the Isaius Ellison case. At least, if Morgyn is willing to do so. Meanwhile that new wife is just listening in on the conversation.

(Eliza) “I know I already asked for your help once before to try and get Isaius, but back then we were so much younger and you were all on your own... Now it's different. You can have the help of his two teenage sons and you get a third person for free! (=Naoki)”

(Morgyn) “Hmm... So that case is still going on.."

ba3cdTT.png
    (Morgyn) Of course I'll help. They are very welcome in the Magic Realm Academy. I'm exited to find out if Bryon and Johnny are gifted like their father, and I'll gladly help them to use that gift for the good.”
    (Eliza) “What about Naoki?”
    (Morgyn) “It could be possible that he won’t be able to do magic, but if that's the case, there’s also potions. Nothing to worry about. He’ll be fine. I’ll take care of them all!”
    (Eliza) “That’s a relief. Also, thanks for bringing their house over to Glimmerbrook. They’ll be over the top when they see that their house is back”

qsAqwf6.png
    (Brytani) “I even gave it a little upgrade. Having connections like mine is a great advantage sometimes”
    (Eliza) “Thank you so much, both of you. You’re the best best friend I could wish for, Ember”
    (Brytani) “Oh you don’t need to flatter him so mu-

xrpeNlD.png
    (Morgyn) “Thank you, Hampton (Eliza’s birth last name). I’m just glad I can help. This is a serious matter. I want that guy down as much as you want it. So, what's the planning?”
    (Eliza) “We were planning to do a goodbye-party Sunday next week, so you could also come over to the party and pick them up when the party ends. I’m going to announce the news tomorrow as soon as we get back home.”
    (Morgyn) "Okay. Sunday evening. Sounds great. I'll be there."
    (Eliza) "Thanks again, Morgyn. I don't know how to pay you back"
    (Morgyn) "You don't have to do that. We're going to get Isaius Ellison down together, that's the only thing that counts."
    edited February 2021
    February - Day 21: "I wonder if I'm on your mind as much as you're on mine."

AoPu8Td.png

Notes
    eKGDLFE.png
    After school on Monday, Essa sat down to check out more real estate websites for a new place to live. So far she hadn't found much that caught her eye. Hopefully this time she'd feel a spark for something. Half way down a page of search results for 'unique and interesting places' she saw a very intriguing link.

(Huh...well look at that, there is a place called Glimmerbrook. Simeon was legit. At least about the town being real. I still seriously doubt all that other magic stuff is true.)

JEAScaC.png
    (Man, why is everything for sale there so expensive? I can't afford any of these. Oh wait, there's another page...)

C2YGn8k.png
    (Whoa! That lot is gorgeous! All those trees, a stream and a pond surrounding it. The price is right too. Alright, I'm sending this to Josh to see what he thinks about it.)

DpBTB3J.png
    She headed outside next to do her homework at a favorite spot, the picnic table. Somehow it didn't seem like such a chore anymore to do it.

aA2p3x0.png
    "Hey Josh! Did you get my email about the lot in Glimmerbrook? Yeah? Okay, cool. So what do you think? Should I check it out? It's looks beautiful, right?"

zjhCw0p.png
    "I know it's my decision, but I wanted your opinion too. Yeah, I can afford it. Okay, you think it's beautiful too? Alright, I'll see if I can make an appointment to go see it. Bye Babe, love you, see you soon!"

oGLWgOM.png
    On her way back inside to get some dinner, Essa saw one of the club members, Kent Rockwell, standing at her door with a gift box in his hands.

"Oh good, you are home. I was just gonna leave. I just stopped by to give you this."
    "A gift for me? Oh how sweet. What's it for?"

"Just a little something to thank you for inviting me to join the club. I hope you like it. I made it myself."

Inside the box was a woodcarving of a stallion. It looked like it had taken a lot of time and skill to carve and Essa was touched.

6ZGGsFq.png
    "Thank you so much Kent, it's beautiful. I love horses! You didn't have to do that, but I'm glad you did. Hey, I was just going to grab some dinner. Would you like to join me?"

"You're welcome and yeah, sounds great, thanks!"

TfgiY6z.png
    They had a nice chat over leftover Minestrone soup. Essa hadn't had a chance to talk with him much yet, so it was great getting to know him a little more. He seemed like a really nice guy. He told some jokes that made her laugh and shared a story from his past that led to his interest in dancing. At a pause in the conversation, she stood up to take care of their dishes.

5IuxY2a.png
    And I saw this look on Kent's face...

3SMYhCy.png
    Uh oh... I think Kent has other ideas for his visit besides just giving Essa a thank you gift.

mAWPdlo.png
    "Thanks again for the horse carving, I love it. It's getting late though and I'm tired, I should go to bed. I'm sorry to kick you out, but we'll see each other at the next club meeting and talk some more, okay?"

"Okay, sure, I understand, no problem."

fFwH6Xp.png
    "Hey, before I go, can I ask you something?"
    "Okay, I'm listening. Go for it!"

b8xzRKU.png
    "I think you're special and..."
    (Oh God, Oh No, don't do it Kent. Please don't ask me out.)
    "...I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go out with me? I'd love to spend more time with you other than just at club meetings."
    "I would Kent, but I can't. You're really cute, funny and a great dancer, but I already have a boyfriend. I'm sorry, can we just be friends? I'd hangout with you in a heartbeat, but just as friends."

amYOwEM.png
    "Aw, really? But you just said all those nice things about me. I think you like me more than just a friend."
    "No, I don't. Again, I'm sorry. But I love my boyfriend and I always will. He's the one for me. I'm not looking for anyone else. Okay? I think you should go now. Bye!"

jGntGr6.png
    "I bet I could make you forget all about him with just one kiss."
    "Nope, not a chance. You'd lose that bet. DON'T try it either. If you do, I'll tell him and you'll regret it, I promise. Please don't make me do that. Just friends is all we can ever be, okay?"

7JpSUob.png
    "Yeah, if that's what you want, it's cool. Can't blame a guy for trying though."
    "I'll see you at the next meeting."

"Good Night Kent."
    "Night Essa, I still think you're special and always will though. If you and that boyfriend ever break..."
    "Not happening Kent. I love him."
    "Okay, okay, I'm going. See ya soon Gorgeous."

After Kent left, Essa went online to chat and play some video games with Josh. She thought about telling him about her encounter with Kent. But it was just a harmless crush and nothing really happened, so what would be the point?

pPybqpV.png
    While Essa played games with Josh, she had a visitor, but she never heard the knock at her door since she had the volume turned up.

She looks sweet and innocent enough, right?

6dAdK73.png
    Wrong! It was Lorraine Paine, the vampire from the nightclub. She waited patiently for someone to answer, but when no one did, she transformed into a bat and peeked in the window before flying away.

PkGhscg.png
    I wouldn't want to see 'that' flying above my house, would you? Essa went to bed not long after and thus ended her day.

Hey everyone, I'll be back later to reply and comment, headed to get some sleep. Have a great day/night! <3
    edited February 2021
    Ugh, sorry, this got kind of long. Didn't really want to go into this much detail, but then it just happened...lol.

Update 52 - Feminine Wiles

njo0TcQ.png

Notes:
    I am actually dying over my image of the day, it's totally the vibe I was going for with this "seduction" :D
    --

After school on Wednesday, Jules headed over to Bex's house. Mario had been in a weird mood. At first, she thought he was upset about the mission with Bex, but he assured he that he wasn't. Something else was on his mind, and he was not in the mood to talk about it. Whatever. Jules had enough on her own mind anyway. She was nervous about starting the mission with Hugo this evening, and it was taking all her mental capacity to focus on remaining calm and collected. She forced a smile though as she entered the house, determined to be confident and capable for Bex's sake.

Jules got changed, Bex tested her ear piece, wished her good luck, and sent her off to the South Square Cafe, where the Avant Gardes met.
    Y7PbtFu.png

She arrived a bit early, and grabbed a bite to eat, when a small, familiar voice greeted her.
    NhwSWd9.png

"Jules?" It was Rose and Carrie's daughter, Beatrix (I totally forgot Beatrix was in the Avant Gardes haha. Also, so is Yuki, but I thought Yuki seeing her in her sexy disguise would just be awkward, so Yuki was forcibly removed from this lot using cheats, she will not be attending the meeting tonight :D)

"Hi Beatrix," Jules greeted the child, feeling a bit flustered. "How are you?"

"I'm great!" Beatrix was always so bubbly and happy-go-lucky. "I almost didn't recognize you though. You changed your hair."

Jules laughed nervously. "Um, yeah. Just trying out a new look. What are you doing here anyway?"

"I'm here for the Avant Gardes meeting," Beatrix answered cheerfully.

In her ear, Bex's voice suddenly spoke, making Jules jump in surprise. "Use her connection to the club to your advantage."

"Are you okay?" Beatrix gave her a quizzical look.

"Oh, yeah, fine," Jules quickly answered. "Actually, I have a question for you, since you're in the Avant Gardes...do you know Hugo Villareal?"

"Um, yeah," Beatrix said. "Why do you ask?"

"Well, um," Jules stumbled over her words miserably. She heard Bex swear quietly in her ear. "I was hoping to talk to him. About...books," she desperately tried to remember the details of the Avant Gardes and their interests. "Yeah, books! I hear he has good taste in books, and I wanted to see if he could give me some recommendations," she finished lamely.

This answer seemed to appease Beatrix though, and she promptly led Jules down the hall to the Avant Gardes hangout area.
    YoqJjk0.png

"Hey, Hugo," Beatrix greeted him warmly. "This is my friend, Jules. She wanted to meet you."
    cUbQ0qM.png

"Me?" Hugo spoke in surprise. Um, Hugo, here eyes are up here... :joy:
    sC456qg.png

"Yes, you're exactly who I'm looking for!" Jules said with too much enthusiasm. "I wanted to ask you for some good book recommendations."

"Oh, um," he flushed a little before his expression turned into a smile. He seemed flattered. Then he began listing off his favorite books.
    J6TmGR4.png

As he spoke, she heard Bex in her ear once again. "Okay, it's time for you to ditch the kid. You're not going to get anywhere with her around. Ask Hugo if he wants to go on a walk with you. The Narwhal Arms Nightclub is very close by - you guys can walk over that way.

Jules nodded, trying to listen to both Hugo and Bex at the same time. Once Hugo finished his list, Jules flashed him her most alluring smile. "Thank you! I'd love to hear more about your absolute favorites, but it seems like such a shame to stay indoors on such a nice night. Would you want to go on a walk with me as we continue this discussion?"

Hugo nodded immediately, looking quite pleased as they bid Beatrix farewell. Beatrix was already cheerfully scanning the bookshelf for a book of her own to read, so Jules wasn't worried that she felt slighted in any way by their sudden departure.

Hugo spoke more about the books he liked as they walked. Jules found him to actually be quite sweet and admired the passion in which he spoke about his favorites. He was a bit awkward, but Jules found it easy enough to keep up the conversation with him. They ended up in the nightclub, just as Bex had suggested.

"This is a lot of fun," Hugo spoke as they sat down at the bar. "I don't really get out much."
    XGMdGfD.png

"Ask him to come dance with you," she heard Bex command in her ear.

Well, looks like Hugo's got some fun dance moves up his sleeve :D
    S5xjo0F.png

It was getting late as they exited the club. "I had fun," Jules spoke, and it wasn't a lie. This had all been fun in a very strange and thrilling way, although also incredibly awkward. She did hope she didn't end up breaking poor Hugo's heart though. He seemed so good natured, especially compared to that little brother of his.

"I had fun too. We should do this again sometime," Hugo blurted out, his face turning red again.

"Blow him a kiss," Bex instructed her.

"I'd like that," Jules answered, her voice soft and alluring.
    EGmjAuy.png

She was thankful Mario was asleep when she returned home. She took a long shower, glad that it was Harvestfest tomorrow and she had the day off from school and could sleep in a bit before heading to brunch with her family and then to Mario's family's home for dinner. She quietly crawled into bed, careful not to wake Mario, and was glad when she fell asleep almost instantly.
    mJuCJsI.png
    I have a busy morning, but I'll be back to reply to everyone's posts later!
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    @Karababy52 wow that picture is gorgeous!!
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
    @Skeilah

Okay, this is an interesting update. So Morgyn wants to take revenge on Isaius...and is married to a celebrity? I love that they're going to be such an important character in your story! I'm also really intrigued by the idea of the boys training as spellcasters. Also, the pancake moment was really cute!

@Karababy52

Oof, nice try, Kent. Essa has a perfect man though!

@permanentrose

I really hope Brittany didn't catch Jules doing any of this...But she looked absolutely smoking!
    @Karababy52
    Day 21: Hehe, she found Glimmerbrook. That's something! And looks like she also found a house to buy. yay! Looking good! Oh, hello there, Kent xD Nope Kent, sorry. No more than friendship. Oof. Don't ask her out! Aaaand he did it. Yikes. Kent suddenly feels a little... Pushy. Yeah, make him go away! Oh, and now also a bat is making her appearance. Cute little bat.

@permanentrose
    52: love Hugo's face in the daily pic :D Lol, love how suddenly Beatrix is there, since we were talking about her just a while ago. So, she recognised her? Clever girl. And now she even comes in handy to get to Hugo. Yay! Oh Hugo. You're so innocent. I actually feel sorry for you lol. Wonderful dance moves you got, Hugo.

@lilypadmeulin

Aha! Let me explain. Eliza has been a detective for a lot of years now and Morgyn was born a spellcaster. The two have been childhood friends, probably went to college together and told each other everything - so also everything about the Isaius case that was going on when Eliza started working in the police office. She actually asked Morgyn to help her in the past, but Isaius got away and they couldn't find him anymore. So yeah, Morgyn knows a thing or two about the whole case and they also wants the evil man down. Especially now that he knows that Bryon (the missing child) is back and able to help.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top